We welcome your questions, feedback and requests.
U.S. (800) 593-8323
U.K. + (44) 1460 279800
Postal address: Kettlewell Colours, Unit A, Goldenhaye Industrial Estate,
Goldenhaye Lane, Cricket St. Thomas, Somerset, TA20 4BN United KIngdom
- Information We Collect
- Why We Collect Your Information
- Sharing Your Information
- Cookies and Pixel Tags
- Your Choices
- Links to Other Websites
- Information Security
- Policy Changes
- Nevada Residents
- California Residents
1. Information We Collect
To help us personalize and improve your Kettlewell experience, we collect certain information when you connect with us, including when you:
- Place an order
- Visit our website
- Create an account on our website
- Subscribe to Kettlewell promotional emails
- Apply for a job
- Enter a competition
- Join our mailing list
- Take a quiz
- Contact customer service.
Information you choose to provide may include:
- Mailing and/or street address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Payment information
- Information about gift recipients (if sending an order to someone other than yourself)
- Records of our correspondence if you contact us.
Additionally, when you visit our website, we automatically receive certain information from cookies and pixel tags, including:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Browsing history
- Purchase history
- Device information, such as location.
For more information, please see the Cookies and Pixel Tags section.
To provide you with the best possible experience and ensure our information is accurate, we may combine the details you share and the details we receive when you visit us online with data that is made available by third parties. Examples may include address, demographics, preferences, and other information from Kettlewell’s credit card issuer and data partners.
2. Why We Collect Your Information
It’s necessary for us to collect certain information to allow you to place orders and enjoy many Kettlewell features and services including:
- Order status updates & tracking
- Writing product reviews
- Saving your purchase history
- Receive information about products you’ve purchased
- Manage your online account (such as saving your wish list)
- Receiving catalogs, promotional emails, and notifications of upcoming events
- Viewing advertisements that may be of interest to you
We also use this information to continually improve your experiences, from making our website easier to use to enhancing our products and customer service.
3. Sharing Your Information
Some of our services require us to share your information with other companies, who we partner with closely to ensure your privacy stays protected. These services include:
- Name and address verification
- Email distribution
- Surveys & market research
- Advertising & promotions
- Fraud protection & investigation
- Advertising on third party platforms (which may combine the information we share with information already in their possession, and offer you choices about which ads you see). These third parties have privacy policies of their own that apply to your use of their platforms.
- Partnering with third-party vendors such as Google Analytics to understand what content, experiences, and promotions are most relevant to you. To learn about how Google Analytics collects and processes data, click here.
- Sharing your information with other companies, via cooperative database, whose products or services may be of interest to you. Pursuant to the California Shine the Light law, if you do not want your personal information shared with other companies for marketing purposes, you may opt-out by contacting us.
There are other rare occasions when we may be required to share specific information:
- Upon the government’s request, in response to a court order, when we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or where otherwise permitted by law.
4. Cookies and Pixel Tags
We gather information about how visitors navigate and use our website to deliver more personalized experiences, using "cookies" and other tools such as "pixel tags."
A cookie is a small data file stored by your web browser on your computer. Session cookies are erased when you close the web browser or browser tab. Persistent cookies remain on your computer’s storage until they expire or are deleted.
Some cookies are necessary for our website to work properly and enable you to place an item in your online shopping bag and to place an order on our web site. Other cookies allow us to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience.
Here are some examples of what cookies allow us to do:
- Remember what items are in your shopping bag
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Enable faster checkout if you have created an account at kettlewellcolours.co.uk
- Understand how you reach our website and which products you’re looking for
- Learn whether you opened an email from Kettlewell Colours
- Deliver personalized marketing from Kettlewell Colours
- Apply the preferences you’ve chosen.
If you set your browser to refuse all cookies, please contact us directly to place your order.
We use pixel tags – a short snippet of code – to tell us how you use our website and help us share the products and content you’re most interested in. Pixel tags also enable us to send you email in a format you can read and let us know when you have opened an email message from us.
We also contract with other companies to publish Kettlewell ads across the internet. These companies collect information about your visits to our website and share advertisements for products you’re most likely to be interested in. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This information is collected using a cookie or pixel tag – technology used by most websites.
5. Your Choices
Opting Out Of Marketing And Transfers; Updating Information About You
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us or from our Select Partners, or if you would like to opt out of the sharing of your information with other marketers, please let us know. You can call us at 800-593-8323 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, mailing address or other contact information with us please contact us the same way. If you like, you may use one of the following statements in your message to us:
- I prefer not to receive email advertisements, such as updates regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to receive direct mail advertisements, such as periodic catalogs and mailings regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to have my contact information shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
You can click the designated link at the bottom of all email newsletters to be removed from future email updates. Because emails are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request. To serve you best, you’ll continue to receive important emails about recent transactions, including orders and returns, even if you choose not to receive promotional emails. Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to five days for your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request.
You may change your catalog preferences by contacting us at email@example.com. Because catalogs are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request.
We may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, even if you have opted to not receive marketing communications from us. We contact you only in ways compatible with your communications choices. To the extent necessary for such purposes, we take reasonable steps to make sure that your contact information is accurate, complete, current, and otherwise reliable.
Updating Your Information: You can update your name, address, telephone number, or email address through your account or by contacting us. To protect your privacy, we will confirm your identity before updating or reviewing your information.
How Can You Review, Update, Or Delete The Data We Collect From You?
Based on the laws of some states and countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
6. Links to Other Websites
Occasionally we link to other websites, including nonprofits that we support. These sites have their own privacy and security policies. If you choose to navigate to another website through our links, we encourage you to review their policies.
7. Information Security
We care greatly about the security of your information and are committed to protecting it against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access. We do this using a variety of the best Information Security technologies and process.
We also encourage you to practice general internet safety guidelines, such as choosing a strong password for your kettlewellcolours.com account, changing your password frequently, and signing out of your account when you are finished. Please note that Kettlewell will never ask for your password or credit card information over email.
8. Policy Changes
For California Residents Only: If our practices change, we will notify you and, if necessary, obtain consent.
9. Nevada Residents
10. California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the CCPA) provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information.
You have the right to opt-out of Kettlewell’s sale of your personal information.
You have the right to request deletion of the personal information collected or maintained by Kettlewell. Please note that deleting your information will remove your purchase history from our records and we’ll be unable provide you with a record of your purchases.
You have the right to request that Kettlewell disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell (does not apply if requested more than twice in a 12-month period), including:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
In order to protect your information from unauthorized deletion or disclosure, we will verify your request using three pieces of Personal Information that can be verified against data previously collected from you and in our systems.
- Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf (your designated authorized agent), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. Please note that any third-party agent services are required to be registered in the state of California in order to act on your behalf.
- We will request your name, mailing address, and email address from you in order to complete the verification process. We will also request some additional information, such as: last four digits of your credit card, last item ordered, date of last order, total dollar charge of last order, last item you returned, name of person you have shipped to in the past.
- When it is not possible to match three pieces of Personal Information, we may engage a third-party verification service to avoid fraudulent or malicious intent.
- We will only use personal information provided provide to us for this purpose to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
- When we are not able to verify your request, we must deny the request, but will communicate the reason for such denial to you.
For purposes of exercising your rights above, please note how we collected and used your personal information in the preceding 12 months:
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; personal information listed in the CA Customer Records statute (such as payment information), characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, or visual information; sensory data, such as audio and visual recordings; inferences drawn from other personal information, such as: your preferences and behaviors.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers; personal information listed in the CA Customer Records statute (such as payment information); characteristics of protected classifications under the California or federal law; commercial information; internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; inferences drawn from other personal information, such as: your preferences and behaviors.
- We disclose personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of Service Providers: Shipping companies, printing companies, data brokers, technology companies, cloud service providers, analytics companies, fraud protection and investigation companies, payment processors, credit card issuer, media companies/platforms.
Right To Know
If you’d like to make a Right to Know request, click here or contact us at email@example.com
We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days.
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. You may make a Right to Know request up to twice in a 12-month period.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your Right to Know request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Right To Delete
If you’d like to make a Right to Delete request, click here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that we collected or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
Impacts of deletion include:
- Your purchase history will no longer be accessible
- We will not be able to look up your transactions for returns, previous gifts, or repairs
- You will be required to provide a receipt for any future returns
- If you have an account on kettlewellcolours.com, it will be deleted
Please note, we will continue to maintain limited information needed to comply with product recalls, fraud prevention, and other legal and business requirements.
We do have alternatives if you are unsure if deleting your personal information is the best option for you. Please feel free to contact us by email email@example.com to inquire about the following:
- Removal from our catalog mailing list
- Unsubscribing from or limiting emails
In order to delete your information, the following steps are required by the law:
- You submit a request to delete, and
- We will separately confirm with you that you want your information deleted.
If we are unable to verify a Request for Delete, your request will be treated as a request to Opt-Out of the sale of your personal information, and we will notify you.
Once we receive and confirm your deletion request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, within 45 days, unless an exception applies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If you’d like to make a Do Not Sell request, click here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out").
We will process your Opt-Out request within 15 days and will notify third parties of your request.
Kettlewell Colours may deny a request, if it is deemed fraudulent.
You may change your mind and opt back into personal information sales at any time by contacting us.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.