Reviews of Sleeveless V
Add your review
If you have had an unfavourable experience please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review. We are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted anonymously.
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Tree TopI have several of these tops and wear them under a jacket for work. Loved the look of the Tree Top colour but it is so bright and quite an odd colour which doesn’t blend the the rest of my blue autumn wardrobe that I’m probably going to send it back after a last check in daylight. I’m a 12 with a larger bust and the L is a great fit.
- Kate (22/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: FuchsiaI have just purchased two sleeveless v tops. I am pleased with the quality but would have preferred a lower v. It appears lower on photo compared with actual garment.
- Elizabeth (04/04/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Lilac GreyBeautiful tops but they are too long! I am 5’2” and they go over my tummy to the top of my legs. All Kettlewell tops are like that. It is such a shame they are designed for taller women.
- Kathleen (26/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteLove these tops, the double front makes them look more expensive and gives a great shape. They look smart worn alone but they layer really well, especially under jackets and v neck cardigans. Have several Spring colours and will certainly buy more. Would be great to have a similar round neck with double front - come on Kettlewell?!
- Gillie (26/03/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Tree TopI have been a fan of the soft square vest for a while but generally don’t like V necks on me. This one however is open and sits really nicely, with just the right amount of space to wear a necklace. I also love the shoulders - almost a cap sleeve so they balance my hips really well. They are also extremely versatile - they look great with jeans for a casual look but because they come in so many different colours when coordinated with a skirt they can make a really stylist summer outfit.
- Cathy (21/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: PansyI love these tops. I know it is a bit excessive but I them in almost every color available for Springs. However, I wear them daily during the summer and to yoga classes. They are long enough on my 5”1’ body so they never ride up. They are wonderful for layering and mixing colors with the midcape cascade sweater. I wear a size 14P so the Large is perfect. I am round but small busted. The only problem with the last order was the color: Pansy. I thought it would be a tad brighter than it actually is. So must wear it with some color that adds a pop.
- Marsha (19/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteBeautiful fitting top, neckline just right, very comfortable. I am a size10/12 in Tops and purchased the medium.
- Margaret (19/03/2019)This is a lovely top, good quality, and a beautiful fit. I often have trouble with top that show too much cleavage, but no problem with this top. I do feel that it's a little bit pricey.
- April (13/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Desert RoseI purchased 2 sleeveless tops in different colours and I have found them great for layers and colour contrast . The quality is great
- Shirley (02/01/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Lilac GreyI purchased this top in lilac grey to go with the mosaic skirt, it fit beautifully, and the cut is really nice on the arms. It will be a very versatile item in my wardrobe.
- Pam (17/12/2018)
SIZE: SmallJust bought my 4th. I love them.
- kate (25/10/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Iced AquaI agree with the previous reviewer who says it is a brilliant basic. Figure flattering and goes with everything, not too low cut and and great not to worry about bra showing ; my favourite versatile top. I now have three.
- Mrs Richardson (28/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteBought this fabulous top in the beautiful neutral of soft white in the summer and haven't stopped wearing since, at first on its own and now, as the autumn is drawing in, under jackets and cardies. It is amazingly versatile and can be dressed up and down as the situation requires. The double layer on the front of the garment means a wider choice of lingerie to wear underneath and the shoulders are substantial enough to cover any straps, while still showing off your arms. Thank you Kettlewell for once again cracking the most difficult of clothing options - a BRILLIANT BASIC!
- Jenny Young (23/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: French GreyJust bought this sleeveless V in French Grey and I'm delighted with it. It's a fabulous colour, lovely fabric and great quality. It looks lovely teamed with the Cotton Bolero in Icicle. A great buy!
- Kate Hudson (14/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Pink IceLovely shade of pink . Fits well .
- Eleanor Cullimore (20/08/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteBeautiful top. Great fit and excellent quality. Lovely soft fabric that I know washes well. I still have one that I purchased over 5 years ago still going strong! A real investment piece thoroughly recommended.
- Judith Levene (16/08/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: BlackLovely quality but not for me. I am a curvy 10/12 with big boobs and a smallish waist and the double front added bulk and made me look bigger, even in black. Also my arms looked big too somehow. So disappointed as I'd love a nice sleeveless v-neck. I also ordered the navy which didn't look like navy to me. More like a dark teal.
- Jenny (09/08/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: SunflowerLove this top. The double front gives a nice smooth finish. Very pleased. This is the second of these tops I have bought.
- Fiona Porter (30/07/2018)Really like this style. The fit is true and the colours are beautiful.
- Lucy (16/07/2018)My second sleeveless V. Love it and so glad there is an XS option now. The double front gives a lovely smooth line. The tree top green is perfect for deep autumn colouring. Will buy again.
- Marie (09/07/2018)Two of these tops were part of my first ever order with Kettlewell and a resounding success! Sky blue was an easy choice. Then I looked carefully for a summer red that's one of my wows from my personal colour swatch and delighted to find that the on screen colour is pretty true to life and a great match for one of my deeper summer colours. Great contrast when worn with a pair of navy linen wide leg cropped trousers. As a new customer I was concerned about the fit as I am a 14 on top but with a very full bust. I ordered large in all the tops I selected. The fit is great. The quality is excellent. So pleased to have a pair of sleeveless tops which fit and flatter, deep V is lovely, wide shoulders mean no bra straps apparent and double front gives a good line even with a bra with embroidery. Impressed. Which I'd discovered Kettlewell sooner!
- Diana (07/07/2018)Ordered in a French Grey. Lovely colour. Bought medium ( I am a size 12 top, 30F bust) and I found the fit just right. I see from other reviews that some people have commented that the fit was not right. I think the double layer material makes this much dressier than other T-Shirts and the V is not revealing which I appreciate as an older woman.
- Lilian (06/06/2018)I love this top. It is flattering and fits very well. And of course the colour is great!.
- Agnieszka Ramm (05/06/2018)I ordered this in soft white which is a colour I love. The material feels nice and is good quality but the medium was too small for me across the stomach/hips (I’m a size 12). I sent the medium back and ordered a large but unfortunately that is too big around the armholes so I’ve had to send that back too.
- Sharon (01/06/2018)Very nice top in a good length and unusual fabric. A more fitted style is perhaps better for me, but I've still kept it and I'm sure will get plenty of wear from it.
- SallyL (25/05/2018)These tops are great and I have 3 of them, the double front gives them a wonderful shape and can be dressed up or down. Love them and wear them all the time.
- Mrs Richardson (19/05/2018)The quality and style was lovely, but the raspberry colour was completely different from the illustration, much paler and more insipid, perfect for a summer type, but disappointing for me as a winter and I will be exchanging it.
- Mrs Dale (06/05/2018)Useful top, good fit and I know the quality means it will keep it's shape and colour and go on for a long time. Price is as expected for quality.
- Anna (04/05/2018)This is another garment purchased as my first order from Kettlewellcolours. The top is a beautiful colour, the fabric is lovely and soft and the colour is great too. Having a double layer at the front helps it’s drape. Speedy delivery too. I will definitely be buying again. Having the opportunity to purchase different styles in many of the same colours helps when you know that the fit is good. It makes outfit building very easy.
- Lesley (27/04/2018)I have loads of these tops - they are so useful under cardigans or on their own in warmer weather. I like the tidy neckline, the wide shoulder straps and the double thickness front which all make them smarter than a vest top. I would like them to be 2” longer, but you can’t have everything!
- HelenW (03/04/2018)The xs size is perfect. I am a petite size 6 and at last I can buy from Kettlewell! The desert rose colour is a lovely neutral. I have warm pale skin and warm dark hair so sourcing good neutrals can be tricky. The quality of the top is Excellentd the v is not too low. A very useful top.
- Gerry (30/03/2018)Sizing not consistent! I ordered cobalt blue and french grey size S. The French Grey was noticeably larger (1cm each side) and had to be returned. Like the overall style, material thickness and low V neck
- Julia (13/03/2018)I now have a few of these tops in different colours . The V neck is flattering , not too low, and the fabric being fairly form fitting doesn’t,t gape away from the bust / neckline . The shoulders are wide enough to hide bra straps and the double layering means a flattering , but not too close fit . My bust size is 36D and I find the medium to be a good fit . A really good quality vest top , the best I,ve bought .
- Gail Unwin (28/01/2018)I now have three of these tops. The neckline is very flattering and the top looks good whether worn alone or with a wrap or other layer. I hope Soft White will return next season so I can buy another.
- Barbara Hall (09/12/2017)A nice, good quality basic top in great colours. Good for wearing to work with smart trousers.
- Hilary (03/10/2017)I really wanted to like this V-tank top, but it didn't work for me. The quality and feel of the material are very good as well as the broad choice of colors to compliment the Colour Me Beautiful options. The excellent double layered fabric is so much more dressy than a sloppy cotton tank top or t-shirt. I was ready to buy more colors for my wardrobe if it fit. I wear a medium size (10-12 US) and am normal weight (not fat/not thin) with a larger bust than average, but the shirt didn't hang right on me, and I don't know why. I bought a medium and large for comparison. The medium was too tight across the back and in the front below the bust. The large fit better across the back, but had too much material that bulked up below the bust when I moved so I had to return them. The customer service was excellent, and after returning the items, I got the credit back right away. I would definitely buy from Kettlewell again if the company tried a different type of sizing/fit. The 3/5 stars I gave the style review refer to the fit not being right. I liked the v-neck and everything else.
- Laura (25/09/2017)Loved the fit and style and colour. Only recently discovered Kettlewell through a friend and I am so delighted to have found your company. Thank you!
- Lucienne Ujvarosy (23/09/2017)Nice fit and v flattering esp around the tummy area. More expensive as double layered but was worth the extra spend.
- Underwood (05/09/2017)Good fit. Flattering. Double layered so hangs better than a T Shirt. Will be buying more.
- Caz (01/09/2017)Very useful top. Hope Kettlewell keep these AA a staple all year.
- Janet (10/08/2017)Geranium. Absolutely stunning colour. Even my husband made a complementary remark. This colour will brighten up and add something to any outfit. Delighted.
- Jennifer Chesterman (09/08/2017)I bought the Azure Blue for my holidays which is a stunning colour and I intend to buy more in other colours. They are good quality and fit well. I bought this in M and have one in S both are okay for me. I like the V neck style too.
- MW (20/07/2017)I'm an 8/10 and bought this in small, but was way too wide, please do XS as this is a great summer basic and I would happily buy 2 if they fit me.
- Michelle Evans (17/07/2017)I just love these new 'V' neck tees. They fit really well, are too long in the body and make the perfect summer top when the weather isn't quite hot enough for strappy tops. Plus, no tan lines at the top or your arms! Brilliant for 'older' arms, too. More colours please!
- Jacqueline Rodwell (12/07/2017)I now have 3 of these. Useful way of using the brighter colours in the palette. I like the double front. They are quite snug but that is fine for me. My bust is 32FF and I buy the medium.
- Caroline (04/07/2017)Nice design it just didn't suit me.Ice Lavender a lovely colour&material good quality.Good returns policy
- penny stevens (03/07/2017)Excellent all round. What I particularly like about these is that the colours (black in this case) don't fade after a few washes.
- Caroline (14/06/2017)As usual with Kettlewell this is very good quality. However if i was buying this item again i would go for a larger size as it is quite a neat fit?
- Annette Richardson (01/06/2017)I ordered two of these tops as I like the style ,but I was very disappointed as they have a separate layer sewn in to the front and this dose not suite me. So I have had to return them ,
- Sonia Morris (29/05/2017)Lovely top, lovely color (bright-cool yellow). Unfortunately, it creases like mad. If it wasn't for the creasing, I would buy it in dozens.
- Veronika (02/05/2017)These tops are the foundation of my summer wardrobe and now that i've had my colours done i have the knowledge to be braver with my colours. Soft, substantial enough to provide coverage such that they are suitable for work, long, flattering and, now, colourful!
- Helen W (21/04/2017)I love this style of top and the colour is fabulous but even the size S is too big for me. It is majorly big on my frame. I am an 8 with a 32A bust. . So I have had to return both tops which is a crying shame as the colours were perfect. I find the silky crew neck just about fits although the neckline is a bit baggy but with a V neck on top it is okay. All the other size S tops were too big also. Hopefully at some point you will introduce an XS size. Please!
- Rebecca (14/04/2017)I love this top perfect for me. Slimming with its tummy suppprt with good quality fabric and flattering neckline. Have ordered it in several colours. True to size.
- Caroline Pollitt (07/04/2017)Lovely top. Good quality material - love the double panel in the front, hides a multitude of sins!!
- Trish (03/04/2017)Another great top. I bought it in navy to go with the ruched skirt. The medium is a perfect fit for a size 12.Thanks x
- Christine (25/03/2017)I absolutely love these tops. They easily accessorize with necklaces, scarfs and brooches. I have four of them and will buy more - perhaps in purple next season?.
- Veronika (20/03/2017)I bought this in a black medium - I am a 10-12 size, and this top is a little gaping at the bust but I know the small would cling too much to the mummy tummy! I won't send it back as it still looks good on. The V neck is higher than I would normally wear but it is a variation to a theme of black sleeveless tops that aren't the "run of the mill wash and wear once before they develop holes"! You can feel the quality, and I will probably buy some real colours when I know what season I am! (yes I know black is winter, but until I am proven otherwise, it will remain a staple!!)
- Catherine (09/02/2017)Really haven't purchased tops for some time since a larger size was becoming obvious! However, this V-neck (my favourite style), sleeveless is absolutely 'me'. Exactly the shade of blue I had in mind with the neck being the perfect depth. I must now ensure that I don't miss out on some stunning colours that are Out of Stock. Quickly managed to buy Hot Pink before that too is Out of Stock. I'm very happy with my purchase.
- Jennifer Chesterman (14/12/2016)I bought the white S (I'm 8-10 in the highstreet shops) and found it a great fit. The V-neck is just right and the shoulders cover just enough too! Very useful and comfortable for the summer under a jacket or cardigan, dressed down or up.
- Jane (09/11/2016)Loved this top and the colour buttercup is gorgeous. However around the middle it is very tight and so so long! I bought L when I am normally M. but the middle is so tight. Please Kettlewell we are not all 5'10 inches tall. I am 5'3 and in proportion and this was so long.
- Kathy (29/08/2016)I am a size 12 and have a small neat bust and slim frame; this top is perfect for me and the colour is lovely. The top is pricey but the discount made me feel I was having a bargin; it is well made - double layer in the front. I have purchased two of these for my holiday - one in aqua and one in jade. Both lovely.
- jean (05/08/2016)A little pricey but purchased this top with 15% discount offer. However, very good quality and like the double layer and perfect V-neck. My bust measurement is 37" so ordered size M. and although fits well around bust it is a little too clingy around middle so will try L next time. Would also appreciate a shorter length. Recommended.
- Georgie (23/06/2016)I am a size 12 and ordered two of these tops in medium and they are indeed a size 12. The quality is superb, the colours are gorgeous, the V-neck isn't too low and the length is just right. BUT - they cling round the middle. Like many other women of my age, I have a "muffin top" - not a huge one but nevertheless I am aware of it and I certainly don't want clothes that emphasise it. Although these tops are as perfect as they can be on the top half, they do cling round the middle. Yes, I could wear a shirt or cardi over but I think they are a bit too expensive to cover up. I am just waiting for the day that Kettlewell produces exactly this garment in a fabric that skims, not clings.
- Lindy (07/06/2016)This was part of my first order and I'm very pleased with it, having failed to find this hot pink in a sleeveless version in the shops. The quality is good and the size (M/12) fine. My only slight reservation is that I would have liked the armhole a bit larger. Service was excellent particularly as entering my address on the order I somehow missed one of the house numbers. This was quickly rectified by a phone call and the items turned up very quickly. I'm pleased to have found a retailer where I can buy 'my' colours.
- Jill Whitaker (07/06/2016)I love these tops as they are very flattering with the double layer and the v neck is just right depth. The new colour saffon is absolutely gorgeous. Highly recommend.
- Elizabeth Mills (06/06/2016)Beautiful colour but too long in the body. Although I'm 5' 8" I like my tops fitted and not as long as this camisole is. Very good quality just not short enough for me. Perhaps you could make them available in two lengths. 22" or 23" and longer?
- Abi (31/05/2016)Ordered this in M Buttercup but have returned it. Must remember that M is too tight for me in Kettlewell tops. I haven't reordered as this colour is too intense a yellow for me.
- Val (22/05/2016)I am a 12 but bought the large because I didn't want it to be too tight and it is perfect. I like the fact that you can choose the exact colour, and the quality of the material seems good. I like the double layer on the front.
- Alison Parker (19/05/2016)I now have two sleeveless v tops. Very pleased with the quality, colour and fit. The order arrived promptly too.
- Elaine Taylor (16/05/2016)I have bought this V neck in Chinese Blue (I am a winter), and it fits perfectly (I am size 12 & got size M). It looks particularly good in the bright sunlight of Tenerife where I am on holiday. Very pleased with my purchase & would recommend.
- Eddie (13/05/2016)I have two of these tops and have been wearing one colour more often than another. The top I wore (and wash) more often but not everyday, of course, faded significantly.
- Jennyanydots (08/10/2015)I have several of these tops and am thinking of buying another white one as it's such a useful basic top. I'm normally a size 14 and the L is a perfect fit for me. I'd really like one in navy but they've been out of stock for so long I've just about given up hope.
- Susan (06/10/2015)I now have several of these tops. I tentatively bought the first, not sure about style and fit, but have gone back and bought several in other colours now. The fit is terrific, very comfortable but stylish. The double layer at the front really works.
- G Davis (19/09/2015)I have this top in 2 colours, really lovely fit, perfect for work and leisure. Please don't discontinue
- Susan (26/07/2015)I now have this flattering vest in five 'Summer' colours - please, please can we have more? Sizing seems to be good, I'm a tall, busty size 14 and 'large' fits me well. The modest neckline is great for work, but not frumpy (especially for those of us with bigger boobs) and yet still good for casual wear too. The length is good, no-one wants to see gaping clothes! A truly versatile sleeveless top, I'd buy more if there were more 'Summer' colours:-)
- Kandy Newton (30/05/2015)These are fabulous for layering under cardigans or jackets - and perfect on their own when we have some warm days! From your size guide I should be a small but bought a medium and it is really flattering. The colour, Chinese Blue, is stunning. Will definitely order more spring colours.
- Gillie (10/03/2015)I have this top in all my colours and wear them constantly at this time of year. The double front is great, the V is not too low for work, and the quality of the fabric is fantastic. They may seem expensive but are well worth the money as they last and last. Well done Kettlewell!
- Linda (25/06/2014)I'm still buying this top but I'm running out of colours I like. I've bought Kahaki, Coffee and Navy this year but you haven't got it in Merlot, French Grey, Pine/Forest Green, VIbrant Orange, Charcoal, aubergine or Russett and I'd love to have it in these colours - and more! It's such a brilliant staple, can be dressed up or down and I love wearing them. Please extend your colour range!
- Judith (13/06/2014)Sent for this in white and the fit is lovely, not too tight, but still shapely. I'd like it in other colours, but not many small size left in my season. But then again....I am finding some inconsistency in the fit of some tops and maybe I was lucky with tie white
- jackie (30/05/2014)Bought 2 sleeveless V and I am very impressed with the quality, bought LL, maybe just slightly big as I am between 14-16, but better to have a bit more room than very tight. The style, finish are excellent, I will definitely buy more Kettlewell
- Jane (25/04/2014)Ordered 2 sleeveless vests, one in Brick Red and one in Dijon. Wow, colour and fit absolutely perfect. First things I have bought from Kettlewell. Definitely will be back again!
- Chris Russell (10/06/2013)These are great for work and the double fabric covers all the lumps and bumps. High V also good for the corporate world. They wash really well. I'm wearing last years again and they are perfect so well worth the investment for a basic. I was a bit late ordering this year which is a pity. . Marine Blue and Black please get somemore in stock.. Well done Kettlewell..
- Gail (04/06/2013)I was looking for a smart vest to wear for work when (hopefully) the weather gets warmer. These vests are great quality and should wash well, which is what you need with work clothes! Yes, they are on the expensive side, but I'm hoping the investment will be worth it. Teaberry is a lovely cheerful colour.
- Lisa H (25/04/2013)Bought this vest in black. The fit is perfect, especially around the arms (no gaping or bra showing). I particularly like the V shape and the double fabric at the front. I'm now considering buying more colours, as I'm so pleased with this product.
- Pam Woolgar (14/09/2012)Love this top, I am a size 14-16 dependant on which shop I am in and the LL fits me perfectly. Lovely fit around arms and neck, no gaping, good quality and of course beautiful colour, pale aqua.
- Caroline Lund (23/08/2012)I bought this vest in oatmeal and it's good quality, great colour and fit. Will buy in other colours too
- Eileen (04/07/2012)After giving up hope of finding something to fit my oversized body, and feeling very aggrieved that Kettlewell are phasing out the XL sizes, I decided to give these a try as they looked so lovely. AND - despite being much fatter than I should be, to my amazement they are actually very flattering and a perfect length! I will wear them with an open loose blouse/shirt or cardi over, but I love the colours and if they were a bit cheaper I'd buy LOTS. Thank you, Kettlewell!
- Judith (14/05/2012)I absolutely love this vest, very versatile as can be worn for work and play with the right accessories. Love the dijon colour I have bought. The quality and fit are sensational.
- Mercedes Rosello (08/04/2012)