Reviews of Sleeveless Mock Turtle
Add your review
We want you to be delighted with your purchases but if you do have any problems, please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review as we are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted using forenames/initials only and may be used for marketing purposes.
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft WhiteLarge was too small so doing an exchange for LL. Liked it and have also ordered it in ice blue, we'll see !
- Diana (29/11/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Pink IceThis is my second purchase. I love the style and and the fabric is soft and of good quality. I am wearing these sleeveless tops underneath my Kettlewell round and V neck long sleeved tops during the autumn and winter and they look great.
- Kathryn (21/11/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteThis is the first one of these tops that I have ordered. The cut and the quality are excellent. I am size 8/10 and find it to be very close fitting. This is not a problem as it will always be worn beneath another top, but I think I might choose medium size if I wanted to wear it on its own. I would love you to make the top in true red as I’m a summer.
- Christine (24/10/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: WhiteThis white top dazzles. I bought it as an extra layer to go under jumpers and tops, and it looks really good. I will be buying in other colours. It is well made and good quality and I'm very pleased with it.
- Kathryn (23/10/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: BlackLovely quality and looks classy. Good fit, as other reviews say, no bagging under arms. I'm size 10 and small felt a perfect fit. I will definitely get more colours.
- Suzy (14/10/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhitePerfect! Never disappointed by quality and style
- Susan (30/09/2019)
SIZE: SmallAs an Autumn, I have just bought five of these in Green Caper, Pansy, Soft White, Electric Lime and I think Sunflower, which arrived today. No intention of wearing them as the thin model of colour on here, but they are all great. They are very long, but they will be under a crossover top tucked in, or a cardigan or wrap where I think you can ruch them or put on a belt. Such a welcome change for the actual change of weather season about to descend, and put away some of the camisoles until next year! I bought Small as I didn't want it baggy under things. Not too tight for a good size 12.
- Una (28/09/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteLove this mock turtle item and I’ve now 3 in different colours. Neck is simple and length is good for me & lovely quality. More colours please!
- SKI (26/08/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Lilac GreyThis is the second of these tops that I have purchased, which speaks for itself really. I love the higher neck even though it’s a summer top, it’s very flattering. Length is good and no gaping around the sleeves. Really happy with the colour, perhaps not one I would have bought before a colour consultation but I can now see it’s a colour that flatters me. Still think it’s a bit pricey for a sleeveless top though!
- Carol (31/07/2019)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Chinese BlueI am very slender, and my Kettlewell size is normally XS, also in tight fitting items, but this style turned out to be much too tight in the bust/shoulder area, even though my shoulders are by no means wide and my breasts are quite tiny. Will have to exchange for S, because I love everything else about the top, and the Chinese Blue colour is great to Paintbox Springs, but since I live abroad, returns are VERY expensive. I really wish Kettlewell sizing was more consistent so that people wouldn't have to lose money on returns because of sizing issues...
- Olivia (30/07/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: PoppyOrdered this top in Poppy, hoping that I'd be able to get away with the colour as a winter. Sadly, it was too orangey and didn't look great on me, so had to be returned. If this top were available in a winter red, I'd certainly buy it!
- Helen (18/07/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: BeaujolaisI love the sleeveless mock turtle tops - I've now got five of them and have my eye on a couple more colours. With their elegant and contemporary styling, I find them fantastic for summer workwear, particularly with midi skirts or wide-leg trousers. They also look good dressed down with jeans or shorts at the weekend. Beaujolais is a gorgeous colour that works wonderfully well for me as a bright winter. It looks particularly lovely paired with navy or indigo denim, and gold or silver accessories.
- Helen (18/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Chinese BlueBright and fun. Love it!
- Jane (17/07/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: SunflowerLovely top, have brought 5 so handy to wear casual or dress up with a pleated skirt, trousers. Hope you have it next year and in more colours. I would have ordered more but they were sold out.
- Sheila (26/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Chinese BlueVery useful top. Smart enough to wear to work but also works nicely with jeans. I'm 5’8 and wear a size 12 and the medium fitted well, the large was too big. I wish Kettlewell held more stock as some of the colours sold out before I knew I needed them!
- Nancy (19/06/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteMock Turtle top. This comes up small. I would suggest that anyone buying one goes up a size. Thought the neck was a bit baggy too. I returned it. Biggest criticism of Kettlewell is the excessive amount of plastic they use for packaging! I understand the plastic outer bag but the individual bag for each item could be paper?
- Leigh (23/05/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: SunflowerLovely tops, fit nice, material nice. Will be buying more colours
- Sheila (22/05/2019)I love these tops - soft, comfortable fabric with just the right amount of cling, but not see through. The styling is elegant, and versatile. I have gone for three ice colours, which look lovely layered with a matching or contrasting jacket/cardigan and teamed up with either trousers or skirt. They come up a little small - I am normally 8-10 but needed a medium for it to fit comfortably.
- Elizabeth (14/05/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: FuchsiaI work in a school and this is a perfect style for me. It fits neatly as a layer but is decent when I need to take my jacket off. The extensive colour choice is amazing!
- Natasha (23/04/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: French GreyReally pleased with the colour. Fabric is good and fits well, fitted but not too clingy and accurate sizing. Good length, not too long. Very flattering style. Only slight negative is that I would have liked the neck to fit a bit closer to the neck, it is a bit baggy. Also a bit pricey for a sleeveless top.
- Carol (04/04/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Duck EggI think this has been my favorite layering piece for the winter. I have worn all 6 that I have bought so many times that I feared I would wear them out. But Not so! they just come up like new every time I wash them, and that turtle neck ,like the rest of the garment just pops right back into shape no matter how I illtreat it! I buy the small size and the shoulders fit my narrow frame perfectly. This morning it is a sunny day, and instead of layering it under my extensive collection of tops with sleeves, I have popped a short cascade wrap over it (I don't like my skinny arms!), and I feel covered up, but not too bundled up. I think I have all the colours in my pallet now, but, hold on...I could just have a look to make sure.
- Jackie (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft WhiteI am size 12-14 and ordered this in a medium but changed it for large which fitted perfectly. The quality and colour are good and I find the style flattering.
- Alison (28/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Sea BlueThis is a great top for layering. It also has a fabric where you can feel confident taking off the extra layer and wearing it by itself. Love the style. Love the colors. Can't go wrong. With that said, I actually sent this one back (bear in mind I have 3 other in my closet). I felt the sea blue was not a genuine summer blue...it felt a bit more yellow than blue in its hues & I'd think a spring would rock it. Great shirt, though.
- Shelly (04/02/2019)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: WhiteI bought this top with the roll neck and was surprised to find that is is in a slightly heavier fabric which is a plus as it isn’t so opaque. Great fit (I’m 6-8) and as with the roll neck the neck is perfect. Useful for keeping the neck area covered and perfect for layering. Would buy more if they weren’t so expensive.
- Margaret (28/01/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: FuchsiaLovely colour for me, and nice and long. However I have a full bust and it was just a bit tight so I'm returning it with regret.
- Rosie (25/01/2019)
SIZE: LargeLove this style and it's perfect for an extra layer round my neck without bulking my arms. I've fractured my wrist and anticipate being in plaster for some time after surgery so these tops are indispensable. I have two but would love other strong deep colours - the paler ones make me look washed-out. Don't discontinue this!
- Judith (11/01/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Light TanThis very useful little top is ideal for layering, but I ordered three and the neck fitted best on one of them. The other two were a bit looser. already had two which are fine) They are also fairly long, which is good for those of you who like them that way. I shortened mine an inch and now I love them I now have three in total and I wear them under my Darcy square necked, my short cascade wraps, and my darcy V necked. I reckon they can go under my scoop necked ones too, which generally have been reserved for warmer weather, but now can be brought out from storage bags The fabric is beautifully soft, and washes really well. They would be lovely in the silky fabric that the roll neck comes in
- Jackie (02/01/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteI already had two of these tops from earlier in the year and knew that they fitted well for a size 8/10 and they wash well. Decided to purchase three more in different colours to wear under the long sleeve patterned faux wraps and long sleeve patterned v necks. The combination is great for this time of year.
- Pauline (27/12/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteDidn't quite suit me, so unfortunately had to return
- Ann (20/12/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Light TanMy second purchase of this item. The colour is too strong for the dress I was trying to match, so will order a lighter shade.
- Wendy (22/11/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: White1. Comes up very small, but ok when layering under something else. 2. Why are there no reds in the Sleeveless Mock Turtle?
- Zibbyl (07/11/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Duck EggA nice sleeveless t shirt that I will be taking with me on holiday. I purchased 2 and will probably get more as they are good for layering and i like the selection of colours.. Both washed well.
- Valerie (26/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteThis is my 3rd mock turtle top from Kettlewell. The fit is great and the colour is lovely. They wash well and retain their shape. They look lovely under jumpers,& cardigans for a casual look and they are great under a jacket with a suit for a more formal structured look. I’ll be buying more of these tops!
- Sue E (16/10/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: French GreyI ordered these two of these - in lilac grey and french grey - and ended up keeping them both as they're such lovely colours for a Summer. Flattering cut if, like me, you are small chested! Have worn by themselves this summer and looking forward to wearing them as a base layer now it's getting colder.
- Helen Corder (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Electric LimeThis item is gorgeous ! Material washes, dries and irons really well and the fit is perfect ! I have a few of these tops now and would recommend them to all seasons ! They are stunning.
- Loraine Burnett (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Antique MossThe Betty Cowl is gorgeous ! Soft machine that washes, dries and irons really well. The fit is perfect and the colours are lovely. Would recommend this item to all seasons !
- Loraine Burnett (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteI read previous reviews as this was only my 2nd top purchased from kettlewell . I chose medium over small and this worked well for me as not clingy and neck fitted well. Love this top and bought it in soft white. First time I've a bought white top in years being an autumn. Plan to buy more inother colours.
- Jacqui Woods (18/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: WhiteLove these tops Have six now in different colours Washes well
- Mary (17/08/2018)Perfect match for a skirt and coat.
- Wendy (13/07/2018)Very nice, light weight, I agree that a size up is preferable.
- Judith Barfield (14/06/2018)I ordered the mock turtle top in raspberry, small. I am a UK 8/10 and it fitted perfectly. The colour is amazing, vibrant and gorgeous. It's too early to say how it will wash over the months ahead, but I certainly hope it remains the vibrant colour it is now. I'd recommend it - the delivery was swift, so I'm happy.
- Gayle McVay (09/06/2018)A very slim fitting top. I exchanged this for the next size up which is much more comfortable but still gives a long neat silhouette. I like the higher neckline - great for a longer neck. The top complements the Alexa jacket perfectly. The lobelia colour is a fabulous blue violet colour.
- Gina Dobson (15/04/2018)As a size 10/12 I found the medium too fitted. The large was more comfortable but the neck which was loose on the M was just too big and not really deep enough. Great colours but only suitable if you like very fitted clothes
- Helen (09/04/2018)This was not for me. I thought it would look nice under the Paris jacket but it looked all wrong. The collar/neck was huge and baggy and it looked like a vicar's dog collar! I had to return it.
- madeleine harrington (05/04/2018)I'm a 10/12 and found the S unflatteringly tight. OK if you like very close fitting clothes but I've ordered the M and hope that that will feel a little less exposed! I would agree with the reviewer who said that it is not quite the right neckline for a long necked person and will make a final decision based on this aspect when I get the better size through.
- Helen O (31/03/2018)My first purchase from Kettlewell and I love the feel of the material. I have been looking for a top with this neck for ages and this one sits well.
- Marion Lannigan (24/03/2018)A good fitting garment, I am upset the raspberry one has sold out as I would have liked that colour as well.I have the soft white and at the moment have only used it for layering.
- Pauline Marchmont (23/03/2018)Already had a mock turtle in small but wanted to try the new XS size. Ordered two and they both came up really small especially around the arm holes and across the chest. Had to return them.
- Pauline (23/03/2018)Love the neck on this top. I wish it came with an inch off the shoulder which looks best on me. However, this will be great for layering.
- Nina (16/03/2018)Flattering fit, especially for a narrow topped person. And good fabric and design. I ordered two -- the navy is nice and dark, but the raspberry is bright and I wanted something subtle (I'm a Summer). Please Kettlewell can you add some softer colours for us older women?
- Cathy (12/02/2018)Love the fit, perfect also in winter to wear under v-neck jumpers. Wish it came in more colours.
- Marianne Race (09/02/2018)Already posted on how wonderful this top is, and would like to see many more colours, but a little note to Kettlewell, regarding the labels, Sometimes the stitching and the actual labels themselves are a bit sharp and for garment close to the skin can become very irritating. I don't want to have to unpick seams, so a check on quality control in this area would be good
- AMH (01/12/2017)Really pleased to see this item back as a bought a couple probably 10 years ago and am still wearing them . Can be worn under long sleeve tops cardigans and jumpers for the layered look. Also really good on its own for the party season
- Diane Harris (20/11/2017)Really liked this top. Would be lovely to have this with long sleeves for the winter......
- Camel (07/11/2017)I bought this top to wear under roll neck knit jumpers as I hate a scratchy neck. To my surprise it also looked good on its own making it a must have all year round. I’m a winter so got the navy. Tempted to get other colours now.
- Lizzi Lou (04/11/2017)Lovely colours and good quality soft silky fabric. Fit is good and the top has a good length. Have 2 colours and think I will buy another as great under a cardigan for the winter.
- Dawn G (31/10/2017)Loved the colour, the fabric was soft and silky, but unfortunately the neck line did not suit me, too high for a scarf or necklace, too low for a polo neck - too in between for a long necked person. As usual quality superb
- kate (25/10/2017)I keep checking the site to see if Kettlewell have listened to us. I want more of these, but in lighter colours. The Nimbus is lovely, but I want more colours in this great top...as a cold weather alternative to my strappy vests It looks great under my wraps, bu don't want to buy another of the same colour Please?t
- Jackie Worrall (22/10/2017)Unfortunately I really did not suit this garment. The colour was not really me, too bright, and the fit was not right. The arm holes were a little too large and because the fabric is slightly clingy it high-lighted all my cellulite dimples on my tummy. I really tried to like it because I love the idea of Kettlewell and have been lusting after this top for a while, but, nevermind, I decided to exchange it for a Tasha Top and the exchange process was very prompt and efficient No complaints, Kettlewell delivered very promptly and I love the exchange items.
- Liz Wodehouse (16/10/2017)This item is just what I have been looking for. I had hoped to buy it in Nimbus colour also. I hope you will be getting some more in stock.
- patricia finch (16/10/2017)Quite a nice garment. A little on the big side. I am a genuine 8 and would like to see a 6-8 on all your garments and then I would buy a lot more and also would prefer a choice of lengths, again because of being small. It will prove a very useful garment especially under a nice jacket in the cooler seasons rather than a camisole.
- Mary Mullarkey (12/10/2017)I have some of these and have not worn them yet, but will at work where the air con causes a neck draft. It should work well under dresses and tunics. I like that the neck is not too tight , however i would like to see a size 6-8 as the size 10 is too big. Because it's under clothing and never worn alone, No one will see the gappy arm holes and excess middle fabric.
- Helen George (09/10/2017)Quite disappointed with the mock turtle in the nimbus colour when it arrived. However when I tried it on OH WOW what a transformation. The colour just pops against my complexion. Quality material, perfect fit and so versatile in how you can wear it. This is now my winter equivalent to the camisole, so can we please, please have some more colours.
- Pauline (02/10/2017)I bought this top to wear underneath crew neck and v neck jumpers as a base layer. I wanted a pop of colour so went for the raspberry. I am happy with this colour and feel it is true to the online description. I have a large bust and would not be comfortable wearing this on its own as it is quite fitted ( tight!) across the bust. I went for medium as large is just too baggy everywhere else.
- Eileen Morley (28/09/2017)Bought the Shaded Spruce - what an absolutely gorgeous colour. I am wearing it today with Navy and feel a million dollars! As I expected, the material feels lovely and soft (once washed that is) and the fit is perfect too. I agree with other reviewers that I will be buying more of these tops which are so easy to layer with other garments.
- Eileen Mitchell (28/09/2017)Fabulous top. Was really hoping Kettlewell would produce this type of top, It is a wardrobe basic that was missing! and impossible to find in the shops....( I've been looking for such a long time)! I Have bought all the Neutral Autumn colours sadly the other colours are not my star colours. The fabric is perfect, the fit is perfect. I've worn them to death already in the last 3 weeks! They have transformed a lot of my tops especially worn under v neck jumpers. Why is the top so good? Well Normal camisoles don't suit my frame. I am an outdoor girl and V neck or square neck tops are cold to wear, This top is just great to fix that.Not too hot, not too cold, freedom of movement around arms. My work involves a lot of bending over, low neck tops are tricky.for modesty, This top sorts that problem. Excellent 20 out of 10. More colours -paricularly neutrals please - Oyster, Marine Blue, Bronze. Please do not change the design or fabric. Well done.
- AMH (26/09/2017)Wow! I love these! Bought all three Spring colours; nimbus, orangeade and aquamarine. So versatile and flattering; I'll wear under a long cardie with jeans and under a knitted dress. More colours please!
- Rebecca Batchelor (23/09/2017)Just ordered a second one (Love the Nimbus colour, which I bought first) I have added an aquamarine to wear under the new Mandarin jersey shirt, and it worked perfectly. It also works with my Kettlewell wraps, since tops with sleeves tend to be too bulky on me under the wraps. I want more colours in this please. A great alternative to vest tops for cooler weather.
- Jackie Worrall (19/09/2017)This is a beautiful soft top.It can be worn as an under garment or as a top in its own right.I expect to get a lot of wear from this product and will be buying more.The spruce colour is beautiful.
- mag46 (18/09/2017)I am not normally a roll neck fan, but the photos of this top in the catalogue really drew me in! I took the plunge and ordered a small (I am size 8/10) in Shaded Spruce and I am so pleased I did. This top is a low roll neck so it sits comfortably on the base of my neck. With the soft material it doesn't irritate or feel to tight, and is very flattering to wear by itself, but it is perfect for layering too. I think this top is really good value too. In fact I love this top so much I have just ordered another colour!!!
- Katie Haslop (13/09/2017)I think this is a fantastic top. It is very neat and a good fit in S for my size 8-10. I bought all the 4 winter colours because it is such a perfect top to layer under either a round neck or a v neck cardi, or under a jacket for smarter occasions. Good quality fabric too - a winner all round!
- Jane (10/09/2017)I ordered this is Small size Nimbus, to wear with my Blackberry maxi skirt, and it really is a nice fit. The fabric is heavy enough not to show undies through, but still sleek enough to wear as a layer. Just be aware, that a necklace or chain doesn't work with it, since the roll neck sits quite low at the shoulder edge, but I will wear BIG ear-rings and probably buy another one to wear under my Mandarin Jersey shirt, since the whole fit of this top is sleek and smart The Nimbus colour is very versatile, so it will go under a lot of jackets and wraps
- Jackie Worrall (07/09/2017)Good quality fabric and great fit. I'm size 8 and ordered the size S. I particularly like that the neck shape fits neatly and doesn't gape. I bought to wear under the jersey shirt and they look really good together.
- Philippa (05/09/2017)