Reviews of Silky Tee
Add your review
If you have had an unfavourable experience please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review. We are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted anonymously.
SIZE: MediumVery nice tee shirt but the colour wasn't quite right on me so I sadly returned it.
- Anne (18/07/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Mauve MistI love Kettlewell but this time I'm afraid I had to return the tee. Beautifully made from quality fabric it showed all the lumps and bumps. I am a 35" chest and usually wear a medium size, but I ordered a large just in case and it was still too revealing so, sadly, I had to return it.
- Carole (24/05/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Mauve MistNice T Shirt, I thought it might be too clingy but it’s fine and fits well, a good material that isn’t too thin.
- Caroline (18/05/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Ice BlueA good quality tee shirt. I bought it in the sale so am happy with it for the price I paid. I like the length of it and it fits well.
- Kathryn (16/05/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Blue JewelLovely quality and feel, clings but not too much. I'm a 14 on top and bought a L.
- Ellen (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Ice BlueLovely texture and colour (Ice blue) and great fit, fitted on the shoulders but not too tight on body. I am size8/10 and bought small.
- Lyn (27/03/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Ice BlueLovely texture - not yet worn but sure to do so as soon as weather warms up again! Good value at 1/2 price but not sure I would have bought it full price, however.
- Jennifer (18/03/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Ice BlueLove the quality, feels great. All I would say is that as a LL lady, this is not a forgiving Tee and it fits where it touches. Bought the Ice Blue and will keep it for a layering but could not wear it by itself as it is rather sheer.
- Beverley (16/03/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Soft WhiteJust had delivery of 2 fab tops, they feel just lovely against the skin and hug you for a great fit with give and length thanks.
- Audrey (12/03/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: True RedGorgeous T-shirts! I bought the Ice Blue previously and when I saw it in the sale I bought True Red and Fuschia. It is silky - some might find it a bit clingy but I'll be wearing mine under jackets so that's OK. Very pleased.
- Patsy (05/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: SapphireNice T shirts of good quality. Sadly the shoulders are cut very narrow on these causing the sleeves to ride up as soon as I moved my arms. This meant the seam where the sleeve joins the body pointed upwards giving me a very strange shape accross the shoulder. Such a shame as the cut and fabric of the shirts was lovely.
- Lynn (05/03/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Mauve MistThis is a lovely top, great under a cardigan or jacket at the moment. The ice blue looks better with a camisole underneath as it's slightly sheer but this is not necessary with the mauve mist and hyacinth. As always fabulous colours on me, a summer. I bought one in the half price clearance and quickly sent for 2 more. Good quality and feels so soft.
- Annette (28/02/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Canary YellowLove this top and so happy I've found this company, I can finally buy clothes that I know are the right colours. Lovely fabric, soft, comfortable and well made. Happy I made this purchase and I'll be buying more.
- LM (25/09/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Light AquaThe modal in this top makes it incredibly soft and drapey which lifts it above an ordinary t shirt. I’m 5ft 10 and size 14 and found the large to be a perfect fit to wear with a slightly flared summer skirt. It does hug the hips but there is enough length to create soft folds which hides a rounded tummy very well. Given that I hate t shirts that hang short and wide at the waist this T shirt ticked all the boxes for me. The light aqua is a stunning colour for a Spring.
- Shirley White (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Mauve MistBought 3 silky T-shirts in different colours, all of which are figure hugging (size 12 for me, 5’7” and felt medium true to size). Very soft and comfortable. Really like the colours and the quality. (Bra needs to be well-fitted, otherwise little bulges will be visible.) All have had one wash so far, have been hung up straight from the washer and look great. Very pleased with purchase - especially with sale discount.
- Rebecca (21/08/2018)Recently bought one of these in sale and love it. I m a 5ft size 10 and the S is perfect. I got blue jewel which suits me.I have having problems with my shoulder and stretches from comfortably snug allow me to dress more easily. I would really like the short sleeved versions in darker coloursas well.For thr wintershow about black or navy
- JoLander (13/08/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Canary YellowI have a number of silky tops in Spring colours and I chose this and am delighted. The yellow is sunny and warm, but also feels a lovely fabric. I will be looking out for some more in this colour! The neckline is not too high, and the top is plenty long enough to tuck in.
- Amanda J (12/08/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: FernI am ALWAYS happy with my Kettlewell purchases and have been a long standing customer for many years now. I order with complete confidence. I love the fabrics and the classic styling.
- Carole Stagg (06/08/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Light AquaVery pretty top and very comfortable to wear. I love the colour.
- Penny Graham (26/07/2018)Love these t-shirts. I bought two of my favourite Winter colours in the sale. I'm a slim size 10 with slightly narrower shoulders than hips, I bought the S size and it's a teeny bit big for my shoulders (if I'm nitpicking) so I would be interested to try if an XS was available. Fabric feels lovely and the t-shirt is very flattering and a good long length for tucking in.
- Cat (23/07/2018)Fabric feels luxurious next to the skin, good fit, lovely colour.
- Val Reeves (18/07/2018)Love this TShirt! Gorgeous yellow and a great length. I’m a size 10 and the S fits perfectly. I’d say the shoulders could be tweaked a little as a tad ‘pointy’ but overall I love this tshirt.
- SKII (18/07/2018)Lovely colours but I found these silky tees a bit clingy for me so returned them.
- Vivien Heather Tavener (16/07/2018)I ordered two different styles with a view to returning one but ended up keeping both of them. Delighted with them both.
- May Houston (18/05/2018)I love this silky tee, neat little sleeves and a great feel, just wish you did more colours as the choice is limited. Wash and iron beautifully.
- Heather (30/04/2018)Very nice soft fabric, more than I would normally pay for a basic t-shirt, but lovely colours (I bought sapphire and light aqua) and feels very nice on. Haven’t washed yet, but hoping they will remain soft to the touch.
- Samantha (06/01/2018)Well packaged and swift delivery -and I am your biggest fan as have been buying your clothes for years ! Love the colours no boring black !
- Helen McEwan (15/12/2017)A lovely silky tee. It is long but will be ideal for layering in the cold months. I ordered large as I am a curvy 12/14.The fit is good and the crew neck does not come up too high which I feared it might.
- Barbara (07/12/2017)Well I am short and very short-waisted so most tops begin to go in at the point at which my hips go out! So I ordered a 16 in Fern (I think technically I am really a 14 on the top) as I knew it would be a bit clingy. The fabric and colour are super. Yes, it does show some of my bumps but is perfect under shirts, jackets and light tunics and I have already worn it a lot after only a week because it provides the extra warmth without being bulky and has a good feel. I did have to cut 4 inches off the bottom and re-finish the hem but I'm used to doing that.
- Rosalind Plumley (11/10/2017)I ordered True Red and it is a fabulous colour and good quality soft t-shirt. I ordered M for size 12 and it fits but the fabric is quite clingy so is not as flattering as the Cotton V-neck. I have kept it as I like the colour but will probably wear under a jacket only. I agree with the other reviews that the shoulder shape is a little boxy
- Amanda W (06/10/2017)I so wanted to be able to keep this top -- the colour was lovely, as was the fabric, but alas, as usual with Kettlewell, the shoulders were again too wide. The length was great, the body shape was nicely fitted and the bust fit was good also ( I am a busty size 8-10, and the although the bust measurements on all the tops in size small is perfect, the shoulders are all too wide, placing the sleeve seam too far across. I am somewhat bemused by this - I am a reasonably athletic build and not at all narrow shouldered, and I find myself wondering who this fits! ). The quality is super, but sadly I have had to return it.
- Joanne (25/09/2017)Good fit - I'm size 12 and Medium is fine. I also noted the shoulders were quite boxy but this wasn't a problem as I'm square-shouldered. Lovely soft material.
- Alison Cork (28/08/2017)Nice quality and a very good length. I think the neckline is a bit unflattering. This t shirt would have looked way better with a 'slightly' lower, scooped neckline. The crew neck is a bit matronly.
- newtothis (08/08/2017)I found the seams at the top of the arms stuck up all pointy for some reason. Might be a size thing, maybe my shoulders aren't wide enough, or too wide for the style. I am 8/10 and bought small, it fit snuggly everywhere so would be great as a bottom layer apart from those pointy shoulders.
- Michelle Evans (17/07/2017)Have several of these silky tees, both long and short sleeves. I mostly wear to layer beneath jackets or winter knitwear to keep me warm. I'm happy wearing them as a top this summer however. They are very comfortable, stretchy and as always, the colours are lovely.
- Karan (07/07/2017)Having spoken to one of your assistants she recommended I purchased size 10. However, these were far too large for me and I had to return all the items I had purchased.
- Joan Butfield (16/06/2017)Lovely material - stretchy and silky - and a beautiful colour. Long enough to wear with leggings and the sleeves are short and flattering. I've only washed my tee shirt once so far but it has retained its shape and colour well and ironed easily. I'm really pleased with my first Kettlewelll purchase and will definitely be back for more!
- Jackie Harrison (30/05/2017)Favbourite top, great for layering, good longer length for ruching across tummy area.
- Sabina (27/05/2017)Bought to wear with Weekend Skirt and create a dress look. Fabric feels soft and comfortable though quite lightweight. Fits neatly and is long on the body so I will wear it ruched-waist style!
- Ruth (03/05/2017)Lovely colour but far too long, almost a dress, please consider those of us who are petite (5' 2")
- Alison (02/05/2017)Light, luxury feel and good length. I bought two colours, light and dark. Although the light one does need a nude/ivory colour bra to avoid show through this is no different from many other brands. Worn just once and washed well.
- jane (18/04/2017)Very pleased with these tee shirts. Lovely material and gorgeous colours.
- Mrs Jan coles (17/04/2017)Bought the soft white which isn't white at all, I would describe it as ivory the material has a lovely feel although a bit see through I will definately have to wear a nude bra under it. I am 5ft 1 and size 10 so bought the small which is a good fit, a little long on my short frame but tucked in will be fine. Bought with the 15% off so a better price. Not sure I will buy another as I would really like a scoop neck short sleeve in semi fit but that is just my preference. This is a nice quality tee.
- Sue, (14/04/2017)Lovely texture to this luxury T shirt. Clear, bright red colour. Have worn it on a break to Holland and enjoyed wearing it. Would have liked a slightly lower neckline.
- Irene (13/04/2017)I am quite new to Kettelwell but can't imagine I will be shopping anywhere else from now on. This Silky Tee is just the best quality, fit and the colour is amazing. It's so easy to shop from this range because they have done all the hard work for you and everything just automatically looks wonderful.
- Lucy (08/04/2017)The perfect t-shirt! The silky fabric makes it lovely and comfortable to wear and I like the slightly longer length - it makes me feel secure. I'm a size 10 and bought a small.
- Carol (29/03/2017)Delighted to see the silky range now available in a short sleeve t-shirt. I have had quite a few of the long sleeve versions since they were first introduced and wear them all the time. The fabric is lovely and soft, they fit well and the quality is very good. I especially like the longer length of this this range as I am quite tall. I bought the short sleeve in soft white and it looks great under a cardigan. The soft white is a bit see through, but it's not really an issue as it will be worn for layering. It is a bit pricey for a t-shirt, but I know from having the long sleeve silky tops that it will last a long time. Just pondering a couple of the other colours now...
- Jane Elkins (27/03/2017)Big fan of these tops. Lovelyfabric andcolours and generous fit.
- Sue (20/03/2017)Ordered a medium as reviews of the long sleeve silky tops seemed to suggest a tight fit. However this was too big, I am 5 1 and size ten. Too long on me, below my bottom! Light aqua is pretty shade but quite bright I think I prefer softer colours. Will be returning. Fabric lovely.
- Sue (17/03/2017)I'm a fan of the silky roll neck so thought I'd try this for the summer and love it. Will order more colours. It's fitted but not as tight as my silky roll necks. Love the longer length which you can tuck in or layer up.
- Nina (12/03/2017)