Reviews of Silky Crew Neck
Add your review
We want you to be delighted with your purchases but if you do have any problems, please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review as we are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted using forenames/initials only and may be used for marketing purposes.
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Marine NavyBought two of these as laayering tops. Lovely colours and a good fit for a 12-14, but oh dear - they are so long! I am not especially short - 5'4" - and they came down to my mid thigh, like a mini-dress. Don't know how tall the model is! am returning them.
- Jill (16/11/2019)Beautiful colour, really vibrant. Good quality material. A little on the small side. The M is more 12 than 14. Will definitely buy again but depending on the style may choose the Large rather than Medium
- Judith (11/11/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: FuchsiaI also have the polo neck top and both are perfect for layering as the fabric is lightweight and soft. The silky feel means that knitwear slides easily over it.
- Karan (05/11/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Deep ClaretI have several of these lovely crew necks in true red, deep claret, emerald and navy. I love the feel and the colours and wear them all the time, they even fit under dresses. I wish Kettlewell team would make this top in winter yellow. "Winters" need a cheering yellow in winter months as much as "Springs" <3
- Veronika (02/11/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: FuchsiaExchanged this top for a scoop neck as the higher crew didn’t suit me.
- Rosemary (21/10/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Dolphin GreyI bought this top in Dolphin Grey. Love the feel of the fabric but after only wearing it one time, I noticed a long snag in the fabric on the shoulder and a tiny hole. Almost like a run in a pair of hosiery. I don't remember catching it on anything and I don't know if this fabric easily snags and runs, or if this is a fluke, but it definitely ruins the look of the top.
- KH (17/10/2019)
Reply from Kettlewell - Please do contact customers services as this is not the quality to be expected. We have been producing this silky fabric for several years and not had any problems. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01460 279800
- Janet (14/10/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Canary YellowI have been looking for a good quality long sleeved top for such a long time, and these are amazing. Beautiful fabric, they are slim fitting but not too tight, I love the sleeve length and the crew neck. They are perfect!
- Helena (08/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Jelly BeanI bought two of these long-sleeve tops for the winter as I had used and enjoyed the short-sleeve silky crew neck through the summer. My only adverse comment would be that the sleeves are very long, coming down toward my fingertips. I am considering whether to shorten them though this might not be that easy given the stretchy fabric. I expect to wear and wear them layered later and alone now despite this. I am size 12 and medium is fine otherwise.
- Alison (07/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CharcoalI am pleased with this top it's very soft and silky, and will be good for wearing underneath jumpers but next time I will order small as I felt the medium was a little too big on the shoulders and I like a fitted top.
- Sarah (02/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteVery disappointed. Was looking for a long sleeve crew neck to wear under shirts and pinafore. Whilst this is slinky, it is also very very thin. I got soft white and it was almost transparent on the arms and was so think the nude bra I had on was clearly visible. I ordered the medium and am a size 10 so it was not as though it was a size too small. Returned.
- KateS (12/09/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Ice BlueI really like this top a lot! The crew neck line is flattering for me. The fit is great, as is the softness of the fabric. I will definitely be wearing this a lot and would love to add a few more to my wardrobe.
- KH (24/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: BlackThis is the third silky crew neck I've bought. They look great over jeans, trousers, skirts, and wash well. I'm usually a small size 8, but found the small in this particular top too clingy. The medium is perfect, fitted enough to be flattering, but slightly looser round the hips to disguise a non-flat tum !
- JEM (01/07/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Canary YellowLovely soft tee-shirt. Washes nice and lovely to wear.
- Ann (30/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Light EmeraldGreat colour. Nice quality and fit. Brightens up my day!
- Geraldine (25/06/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Pink BlushButtery soft material, fits well, beautiful colors, and unbelievably fast delivery.
- H (11/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Ice BlueClassic, good quality top. Feels soft and silky on. I am a standard size 12 and medium is perfect. Arm length is good - so many times sleeve length come up just a little bit short.
- Julia (07/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Dolphin GreySuch a lovely, classy top. Very comfortable to wear and washes like a dream. Super silky feel and good for layering. Buying more colours!
- Elizabeth (02/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: FernI love the feel of this product. The fit is perfect and the full length sleeves come to the wrists. I have worn and washed this item several times so far and it is as good as new.
- Jill (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: PeachReally like the length of these but dislike the material as it really clings. The only reason I kept this was down to the lovely peach colour working so well with a new rust coloured jumper. Much prefer the Hetta long tee material and length shame the colours are so limited.
- Audrey (22/02/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Ice BlueSuperb product, I love the silky feel and really feel good in them. They are worth every penny. They wash well and always look good. I have several which I have had for many years.
- Claire (11/02/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: SapphireLove the quality of this and the lovely blue colour. So useful for layering.
- Anne (22/11/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: ToffeeThis was my first - great fit and quality.
- Diane (06/11/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CoralGreat fit but colour more orange than coral
- Yvonne (25/10/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Canary YellowAbsolutely delighted with my crew tops. Have so many different ones in my Sping colours I love them and know they are right for me!😀
- Esther (22/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CoralI've many of these and love them for using as a colourful vest. Wash well and I love the long line and fitted shape
- Jan (16/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: PopcornThis is my fifth silky crew. I find them so useful for smart and casual, including Pilates! I’m a size 10/12 on top and the medium is perfect. Please can we have a navy for springs?
- Sarah (16/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyHappy with this tee shirt.
- Wendy Smith (09/10/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: BlackLovely fit and feel . I love it
- Pam Favier (01/10/2018)Recently bought 2 of these silky crew neck ,tops, Navy & Mallard. Neat fit, beautiful soft fabric, fine enough to layer comfortably, wash well
- Maureen Bosley (24/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: SapphireThe Silky Crew neck is perfect for this time of year. (Autumn/ spring)A favourite choice for yoga practice.Comfortable and ligh weight.Wash again and again ,still like new thanks Kettlewell!
- Louise Anne Rapata (22/09/2018)
COLOUR: NavyKettlewell never fails and I am delighted with this latest purchase. I wanted a navy high-necked top and this one is going to be so useful, particularly now that we are back into darker colours.
- Mrs Joan Girling (18/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Jelly BeanI was disappointed with this top when it came. The colour is nice, however, it is far too clingy to be comfortable and shows lumps and bumps that I would rather hide. I expect my top to skim rather than reveal the things that you want to hide! Despite it being a crew neck, this seems to be more scoop neck which was also disappointing. I also agree with previous reviewers that it is expensive for what it is. I have bought nicer tops for less money elsewhere.
- Joanna Nind (17/09/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: BlackWaited for the black to come back into stock and although Kettlewell is allabout colour I like a black top in my staple wardrobe. I have many summer colours from the range tops and knitwear. As always the service , and quality of this top is second to none. It is long ,soft and comfy. I hope to order more items when funds are replenished . Thanks for your great range of clothes, absolutely lovely.
- Heidi (12/09/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: NavyThis is my favourite Kettlewell top. Am a busty 14 and find a large ideal, not too clingy and still able to layer with it. Higher neck and sleeve length make it cosy on colder days. Longer length is useful under knitwear. Soft feel and good quality, washes well and lasts so worth paying extra for. Love it.
- Joy Burton (10/09/2018)Great top not worn yet in the current hot weather but I know it will be great alone or under cardis later.
- Pam (23/07/2018)I loved the colour and the style. Unfortunately it is too big and I have had to return it.
- Sandra (18/07/2018)Very versatile top. Ideal for when the days are not quite so warm and for layering. Pleased with the length as I don't like my tops to be short or cropped. A winner.
- Supanana (08/06/2018)Lovely top, have not washed it yet so hope it will wash well. I am 16/18 size and the largest size was ok.
- Sheila hankins (23/04/2018)Gorgeous material, colour and style. Love the longer style. Kettlewell always a winner. Keep it up. and Thanks.
- Christine Marriner (19/04/2018)Gorgeous fabric and a fab colour for me . So pleased I ordered a matching polo neck! A plus is they match my ski pants exactly !
- Kay Smele (04/04/2018)Nice layering crew. I like the length, but would prefer a 3/4 length sleeves, since I am always pushing them up.
- Nina (22/03/2018)I like the length and the fit. The colour is lovely. The fabric is warm.
- June Barnes (22/02/2018)Love this top - ordered it in black and its great - oozes quality! Feels really comfortable and will go with just about everything, I keep coming back to Kettlewell again and again as the styles are so good and the fabrics you use cannot be beaten. Thankyou Kettlewell!
- Barbara (09/02/2018)I have bought quite a few of these in the past and loved them. Disappointed now though, as I ordered the Toffee (love the colour!) and chocolate ones both in Medium and they are small. Thought I must have eaten too many desserts at Christmas BUT I held them flat against silky crew necks in medium that I have already got, and the new ones are smaller. Sadly I wore the Toffee one as soon as I got it as I love the colour so I cant return it. I have reduced my mark for quality because the quality control is not consistent.
- Lynn (22/01/2018)Lovely colour for a Blue Spring. Nice arm length (I am tall at 5ft 10). Only grumble is that it's very thin and shows lumps and bumps so needs a microfibre vest underneath. Personally I think the quality of some Kettlewell tops (especially the more cotton-based ones) has diminished in recent years and the interesting asymmetric tops need to make a come back!
- Eleanor Taylor (04/01/2018)Gorgeous color (sapphire) and really soft quality. Looks more plasticky then I expected but it feels good on, feels as skin can still breathe in it. I am 170 cm and have size S, ordered it and it fits perfectly.
- Eva S (02/01/2018)I saw the silky roll neck featured in the Sunday Times Style magazine but the colour I wanted was sold out so ordered the crew instead. It is fabulous! Have since ordered 3 more and wondering how I lived without them as a second skin / base layer and pop of colour close to your face!
- Teresa M (21/12/2017)Love that Kettlewell do bright colours. I returned this item as it wasn't anything special. Material OK. Colour nice. Expensive for what it is. The fit just feels very old fashioned. I'm 46 and a size 10 and want something that is flattering, even a basic top like this can look special if the cut is right. Regularly order things from Kettlewell as I'm desperate for Spring colours, but more often than not send them back. Please, please, please design basic styles that look good.
- Sally (20/12/2017)I got jelly bean and toffee which are beautiful colours I don’t often find on the high street. Good for layering, would probably prefer a 3/4 length sleeve.
- Gisela Ferguson (18/12/2017)I especially like the material and feel of this top, which is great for layering in the winter season as I do not like wool against my skin. I found it a bit on the long side (I am medium height), but will keep it and enjoy wearing it.
- Torunn (15/11/2017)My first silky crew neck which I bought in toffee colour. So pleased with it. Lovely soft fabric which works well on its own or under another garment. Another winner from Kettlewell.
- Vivien Tavener (15/11/2017)I love the silky Crew neck Shirts. But the Colours canary yellow and True Red are to bright for my taste.
- Christina Frank (06/11/2017)Brilliant jumper, I have a few of these in different colours. They fit well and are nice and long. Definitely recommended!
- Angela Ewen (26/10/2017)I ordered the colours Toffee and Jellybean. (I am a True Spring). The colours are lovely and suit me very well. I am a really small person (size 6, 155 cm tall) and the fit is loose but it does not look oversized or wrong.(nobody knows that this shirt should be very fitted) The sleeves are too long but I fold them in. I wear the shirts tucked in High waisted skinny Jeans and it looks very nice. The Silky Scoop Neck Shirt was too big so I went for the Crew Neck Shirt.
- Christina Frank (16/10/2017)I ordered two and am tempted to order more. Medium fitted perfectly (I am a size 14). What I like: the silky texture, not too shiny; the colours; the crew neck which is not too high and most of all the LENGTH. I am relatively tall so often struggle to find t shirts that are long enough and don't ride up. But even if you are shorter, these will drape without bunching. A great product..
- Jenny Rogers (22/09/2017)I really thought I would love this product as the colours are excellent. However, despite my being a thin size 8/10 this top was so fitted that it was showing my bra. It would make a perfect vest, but I wanted a proper top so I had to return it.
- Linda Cowieson (01/06/2017)This top has a lovely feel, the fit is perfect and the neckline is flattering. I have yet to wash it but if past purchases are anything to go by, it will wash a dream.
- Ann Walker (24/05/2017)Luvvvvvv my silky t shirt. Saving my pennys to buy them all.!!
- jane (03/05/2017)A lovely top, as described and very flattering. I'm size 8-10 and 5' 6" - the S fits perfectly.
- Catherine Gordon (21/04/2017)I am a size 12 so the M fits me fine but these tops are long in the body and sleeves. I do sympathise with those tall people who can never find sleeves that fit. As the owner of the company is tall I can see why she is catering for this group. It does not bother me too much but it would be nice to have a petite range if the company can go that far. Lovely colour in Mallard. I bought my first Kettlewell top like this over 10 years ago? It really lasted the distance. I hope this one will too.
- charstone (18/04/2017)My second silky t shirt looks so elegant and feels so comfortable. Not even my colour! I will buy more but the range in this fabric is not so wide. Improves my black wardrobe!
- jackie fosbury (07/04/2017)This is one of the few styles that is usually small enough for me and I have it in several colours. Unfortunately it seems to have got bigger and certainly longer. I had to send this one back. My favourite spring colours seem to be no longer available. Please provide a bright blue and bright green. I would buy so much more in different styles if there was an extra small to fit those of us of us at 5'5" size 8.
- Anne Gibb (25/03/2017)Great quality and shape and lovely colours. Unfortunately at 5'5" and a size 8 the small was too big. If Kettlewell did an extra small I would definitely be buying.
- ELW (22/03/2017)I have about 5 of these tops in various colours. They are nice on their own but really I like them as a layering item under jumpers or shirts especially now it's winter. Lovely and soft, stretchy and with a silky feel so very comfortable to wear.
- Karan T (13/01/2017)I bought two of these tops for my mother who is often unable to go shopping in person. Just wanted to say how simple it is to return anything that's not right and how quick the refund is. Many thanks to those at Kettlewell who make it easy to change you mind about colours, styles etc.
- Alison (28/12/2016)I saw Kettlewell clothing on a House of Colours day and was most impressed by the quality. I was disappointed to find, though, that the sizing only went down to Small. I am a size 6 (I'm 63, of average height). I was bitterly disappointed, but I thought I'd try a top in case the sizing came up small. It doesn't...it's true to size. These garments really are of outstanding quality and are excellent for layering or wearing alone, accessorised with a scarf or statement necklace, and the range of colours is absolutely fabulous (when they're available!). But...a humungous BUT...I simply can't wear them...the smallest size is too big...it hangs off the shoulder and is a tad on the baggy side. So please, Kettlewell, please, please, please could you cater for the slimmer woman. Despite the nation's increasing girth, there are many of us around who would love to wear these very desirable wardrobe staples.
- Cathy (14/12/2016)I bought this silky crew neck in a medium rust. I am very pleased with it and have had several compliments. It is perfect in the colder weather as it covers the lower back well. I have worn it so much since purchasing that I think I'll be investing in more colours after the Christmas period.
- Sally Knight (13/12/2016)My first purchases of this top, based partly on the enthusiastic reviews - and I wasn't disappointed! Good length, easy to wear and great colours. Excellent layering piece. OK not the cheapest but looks like it will be true value for money. Will be back for more!
- Aundrea (21/11/2016)I ordered 3 in rust, aubergine and moss green. Love the rich autumn colours, love the material, a fitted shape. They look lovely with a scarf. The round scoop neck is higher than usual but still flattering. I always get compliments when wearing these tops, especially the moss green.
- Lucy (17/11/2016)I love these tops and have several in the Summer colours. They are so versatile as they can be worn under Kettlewell wraps and (now that I've lost a bit of weight) on their own with trousers or jeans. I also like to match or contrast them with a Florence Infinity scarf. I love the bright Summer colours but I was very pleased to see the Charcoal colour in this season's selection as it provides a good neutral base. The tops wash well and keep their colour and shape well and are definitely worth the money. Highly recommended.
- Jane Pritchard (29/10/2016)I am really happy with these tops and have loads. I prefer a fitted look, which is hard to find. The tops are versatile enough to wear to work with a jacket or with jeans for a casual look. They wash well.
- Cate (24/10/2016)Agree with other reviewers. Easy to wear, long in the body, easy wash and dont need ironing. Fab colours. Really useful. Worth the money.
- Dena Aronberg (24/10/2016)I've been buying tops from the silky range since they were introduced. Love them as they are long in the body (I'm 5'10", medium) and are the only Kettlewell T's that fit me lengthwise. The soft, stretchy fabric is very comfortable. The quality is good and my original ones from 3-4 years ago are still going strong. I bought this one in aubergine and rust to add to the collection. Lovely warm Autumn colours. Please keep this range going!
- Jane (15/10/2016)I bought two of these and am delighted. The fit, quality and style are excellent. As a size 12 (and 5ft 2inches) I bought the medium size which fitted me well, plus I quite like the longer length some people have mentioned. So far after washing they have retained their colour, shape and lovely feel. I've marked slightly lower for value as they are not cheap.
- Jan (13/10/2016)Very nice. Soft, well cut, well made, colour lovely and as pictured. The only problem is the sizing. I bought a small, which is advertised as 8–10, but it's really a 10. If you're a standard 8, it will be too big. It's slightly over-large on the shoulders, under the armpits and around the wrists, and rides up slightly as a result. This is particularly annoying in the sleeves. I'm smallish, but not teeny-tiny. Let's have an XS, please Kettlewell.
- Jess (08/10/2016)Super top! Seriously soft with lovely long sleeves and body. A little sheer on its own as it is fitted so I wear over the lace camisole or under a merino wrap and scarf.
- Martha Rose (24/09/2016)My second of these really good tops. Great style, fit and colour. Beowulf certainly buy again.
- Caroline (01/07/2016)When my first set of these tops arrived, I put one on immediately and pretty much lived in it until it needed to be washed. The next thing I did was order several more..... The fabric feels lovely and the colours are good - although I would like it in even more colours - but the thing I like best is the amount of coverage. It's Winter here in New Zealand, and this top is a perfect intermediate layer for the yoga studio, Pilates studio or just general running around or slobbing around. The neck is high enough not to be cold, the sleeves come right down to my hands, and the length covers my hips. Perfect.
- joan (20/06/2016)Another superb item. Top fits well, great colour and style. Would definitely buy again, and so many lovely colours to choose from. Great service.
- Caroline (10/06/2016)i have searched for ages for some tops in this colour and then I found your website.The finish and quality are excellent and although I live in New zealand the postage is very fast.I just love your website and its amazing to find clothes in a colour that you know suits you rather than to have to take whats available in the local shops.Please start advertising out here as I'm sure many more would benefit from your selection.
- avis hobbs (21/05/2016)I am always pleased with the clothes I get from Kettlewell, but this top surpasses all. The aqua colour is amazing and quality and fit are also great. I was having trouble finding a top to match a jacket (from another company) but this aqua top tones with it beautifully. I will be getting other colours in this style. Thank you, Kettlewell.
- Alyson (15/02/2016)This is an excellent top - comfortable, smart and really versatile. I now have it in a wide range of autumn colours and have worn it with a skirt, under jackets, under jumpers, when I needed an extra layer for warmth, when slopping around in the evenings - in fact, anywhere. They wash and wear well and although they seem pricey, the price per wear is miniscule! I am tall and this is a good length on me, even in the arms. Altogether a brilliant top. Please bring it out in some strong summer colours (as I do not like pale colours). Also, a short sleeve version would be good.
- Gail (18/01/2016)My first buy from Kettlewell and I was so excited when it was delivered a few days later. The colour is exquisite and I had so many compliments, I've only recently had my colours done so still getting used to my new palate. Shopping with Kettlewell has made it so easy though. I'm 5ft 9, size 14 and bought a large, the overall fit and sleeve length was perfect, not baggy at the wrists. I bought a couple of other items but had to return something as it was the wrong size for me and that was super easy too! I can't wait to order some more things now. FYI I washed the top tonight and it has come out beautifully on a 30 degree cycle.
- Jaimie (08/12/2015)These are super tops for us tall women. I am Spring/Autumn so have bought the aqua to wear during the spring and summer months, and the old gold to wear during the autumn months. However when I begin to wear my tan shoes and boots during the colder months I would have loved to have been able to match them up with camel, tan and rust crew necks, but unfortunately you don't have any. Any chance that you will may have some in the future?
- Genevieve (12/10/2015)As a size 8, this is one of the few Kettlewell styles that fits me. My most recent purchase is the silky crew neck in pink coral which is a striking colour. I do like this style and have a few colours now but I would like to have more to choose from. It would be great if you would introduce an extra small range so that I do not have to be continually disappointed and have to send so many lovely things back!
- Anne (17/09/2015)Silky soft, so comfortable to wear and a good selection of colours to choose from. One in every colour would be perfect
- Karan (17/09/2015)I was doubtful about ordering a long sleeve top as I am tall and have long arms. I needn't have worried. Everything about the fit/length, arms and body, is perfect.
- Jane Casswell (13/10/2014)I ordered this top in large and am thrilled with the feel and fit - being 6ft tall I frequently find clothes are much too short, (in both the body and sleeves) so it was a pleasant surprise to find that both are long enough for me. I will be ordering more of this top, especially since it looks great with the infinity scarf I also ordered. Well done Kettlewell, a lovely fabric and fit, please can we have more?!
- Kandy (10/10/2014)Bought this in gold, tomato and chocolate. Very pleased with the quality and the colours (last year's colour additions in this style weren't great for Autumns IMO). Most Kettlewell tops are too short in the body for me (5' 10"), so I like this particular style and the scoop neck version which I have in aubergine (still going strong after two years wearing). Please more slightly longer tops!
- Jane (25/09/2014)What a beautiful top, the fabric is divine and feels lovely next to the skin. I find quite a few of Kettlewells tops are too loose but this fits like a glove. More colours please and maybe you could introduce an extra small for us less well endowed ladies!
- Victoria Wakefield (23/05/2014)I have purchased this top in Aubergine. It's a lovely rich colour and feels very soft and silky. I'm only 5ft 1in so it's a little on the long side. Having said that it's so slinky that you can turn it under a little and no one will ever notice. The other point I'd like to make is I'm a size 10 but i buy top's in this material in size M. The hang is perfect. But if you like your top's close fitting then stick to your true size. The quality is second to none and they keep their shape wash after wash.
- Julie (25/04/2014)I have recently bought this top in Lobelia and it is just a fabulous fabric, fits perfectly and have ordered two more. Please Kettlewell do not discontinue this fabric. Modal/elastane is great to wear.
- metyl (17/01/2014)This top is so comfortable and is a nice stretchy silky fabric. Nice long sleeves and layers nicely with cardigans or short sleeve tank tops. Can be dressed up or down.
- amy (27/09/2013)OMG the fabric is divine. Everything about this top is divine. The fabric is wonderfully silky and drapes beautifully. I love the length (being 5' 9 I like the extra length). I normally buy t-shirts from US for the fit and length but I'm now converting to Kettlewell. Bought the periwinkle, which is rich enough for special occasions. This top will get lots of wear and I'm looking forward to my next purchase.
- Sharon (22/12/2012)