Reviews of Cotton Jersey Shirt
Add your review
If you have had an unfavourable experience please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review. We are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. We are unable to contact you from a review as they are submitted anonymously.
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Cobalt BlueGreat colour True size Maybe required a little more room on upper arm Nice length Will be buying more colours
- Jules (15/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Cobalt BlueLooks great, fits well and very, very comfortable to wear! I would love to see more jewel winter colours please.
- Melanie (22/02/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NimbusGreat shirt, over a t-shirt or buttoned up. Good quality, perfect fit. I'd like to have more colours to choose from. The one to go for when you're unsure what to wear.
- Miriam (11/12/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: PoppyBought same in nimbus last year - so comfortable to wear on own, under sweaters or jackets. Sadly no red left when I tried to order it in spring. Have been looking for a similiar red shirt since so was delighted when red came back in stock this autumn, lovely to wear at Christmas time - dressed up or down! Am size 14 and large fits well.
- bev (07/12/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Cobalt BlueI love these shirts.....I have three now in different colours. They are warm without being bulky, so perfect for this time of year and can be dressed up or down. The collar stands up if you want it to and the shirts look stylish. I am a tall, broad shouldered size 14 and the Large fits perfectly. Would certainly recommend them.
- Anna (04/12/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: OrangeadeLovely shirt with good quality material. I bought the orange and would love it in black or navy. Please Kettlewell will you add these to the colours?
- Sally Parr (01/12/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteThis is such a comfortable shirt. Fits perfectly, lovely quality. Have just ordered one in Ice Blue.
- Judy (13/11/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: AquamarineLovely warm comfy shirt. I prefer a shirt with a collar and an Infinity Scarf looks lovely in the neck.
- anne (06/11/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: PrimroseI was looking for a fitted comfy shirt with a smart collar to go under v necked sweaters or to go with a jacket. These are just perfect - very soft, warm and look smart too. The length is also good - could be left out and reaches to a good point on the hips or tucked in. I bought three different colours. Loved it so much I have just ordered a second one in primrose as I can envisage using this a lot. The two other colours I was interested in were out of stock, so fingers crossed they come back! Please do keep doing these! P.S. This is the first review I have ever written for a product... Occasionally I find Kettlewell shirts too long for me, but overall I think Kettlewell provide a fantastic service.
- Emma (01/11/2018)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: NimbusLOVE these shirts! Normally wear polo necks during the winter but have a bad shoulder so these worked wonderfully as an alternative. So warm and comfy. Bought an X Small as am between a size 8-10 34 inch bust and fits like a dream. Bought 4 and am very very happy not only with the quality of the product but also the service received. I love Kettlewell clothes - have a number large number of different coloured waterfall wraps which I wear all the time in spring and summer. Their products are so versatile.
- Rosanne (23/10/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: NimbusI have been looking for a jersey shirt for a long time so was pleased to find this. I ordered 2 different colours from a limited selection as they were all sold out in my size. The fit is small so went up a size. Very pleased with them as they are good quality and comfortable. Only negative thing to comment on is the spacing of the buttons. The bust line comes between 2 buttons so the shirt gapes showing off ones bra. Not a good look if you have a bust. I have to wear a long scarf to disguise the gap or wear a jumper/cardigan so limits me in how I wear it. Could the buttons on all garments be re-spaced for the future?
- Lesley Tollyfield (17/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: PrimroseLove this shirt! Great fitted, flattering shape. Primrose colour perfect for layering. (I am a spring). I am between a small and medium....I went for medium which was perfect.
- Helen (16/10/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: OrangeadeBrilliant shirt - I prefer wearing a collar, but am all about comfort so this shirt is the perfect happy medium. I'm 5'8 and struggle to find flattering tops as I have very broad shoulders so went for the 14 which is perfect - still a bit small across the shoulders but perfect everywhere else (i.e. not saggy and long enough in the body). Chose the Orangeade colour (I am Autumn) and it's brilliant for bringing some zing to boring blue jeans, or a navy blazer and it pops when paired with my perfect but slightly grungy Autumnal browns and khakis. Will be buying more colours as it's an idiot-proof option - I don't care much about my clothes/styling but I still try to look presentable!
- Caroline (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Cobalt BlueAbsolutely love this jersey shirt. I am always cold and have finally found something other than my usual Kettlewell tops - a shirt with comfort and style. I am a size 12 but always choose M in Kettlewell. I am a Spring and originally chose the orangade, which I found rather harsh so swapped for the cobalt blue and receive plenty of compliments.
- Di Hesford (22/09/2018)Purchased the jersey shirt. Noted other reviews and bought medium size for size 12 and it is a perfect fit. I am a Spring- lucky me! First purchase was for Orangeade but I found that harsh rather than zingy and changed for Cobalt Blue - perfect. I am always cold so love the comfort of this jersey fabric. Hope Kettlewell will soon be able to lower their prices a little.
- Diane Hesford (07/06/2018)Lovely fabric and fit except that it was a little too long for me so had to return.
- Barbara (06/06/2018)Lovell quality. Stitched well.soft to touch. Bought medium size true size 14. Expensive, but would purchase again if suitable colours
- Joy macvicar (29/05/2018)First purchase from Kettlewell. Very nice shirt, I like to have my neck covered, so very difficult to find Spring colours as well as good style.
- G Corless (28/05/2018)I love the feel (on my skin) of this jersey shirt and I like the design too. Previous feedback suggests the sizes are 'small' and I agree that it is fitted. If you like something bigger then I would suggest going up a size. They are a little expensive so I'm hoping for sale!
- Jan Jewers (25/05/2018)Purchased two of these to wear for work, really pleased with them. Normally wear a size 10, ordered medium as recommended by others and they fit perfectly. Would consider buying more colours at a later date.
- Sarah Bonham (24/05/2018)Bought this in Poppy and the colour is FAB as is the fit and will buy more - comfy, good over jeans or tucked in under jacket for work. Would be great in a shorter sleeve version for the summer.
- Jackie Lawrie (17/05/2018)Really pleased with these shirts. Took advice from other reviews and sized up from 10 to 12, good move. Lovely colours and material. They wash well on a gentle wash. They are a little expensive so have had to stop at buying 3, though would like to buy more.
- Joyce New (17/05/2018)This is a very comfortable and flattering fit. I got the medium as I'm a 10-12 and it was perfect. I will look to get more colours but, as it's quite pricey, will need to save up a bit first.
- Karen (13/04/2018)Very comfortable to wear. Dress up or down! So pleased bought 3
- Nia watson (09/04/2018)Like all the other reviewers, I recommend sizing up, especially if you are a little busty. It would be good to see this item continue as a staple piece, and in some prettier Winter colours please. Lovely quality and finish.
- Mutti (27/03/2018)Really love this shirt. Fits beautifully - so glad it isn't 100% cotton, as I was after a jersey shirt with stretch: this is perfect. I will be buying it in other colours!
- Christina (26/03/2018)Purchased the XS which as a petite size 6 up top fitted me really well, it is really slim fitting which is what I was after to sit under cardigans and jumpers until it warms up. Ordered the soft white which as a spring, is the perfect neutral under some bright knits!
- Zoe (23/03/2018)Have five of these in wonderful colours, two of which are from last year. Only gripe is prefer 100% cotton rather than the modal mix which doesn’t wear as well.
- Jane Dougall (22/03/2018)This is such a great Top , usually shirts gape across my boobs and I have to get a bigger size to compensate, do this fits everywhere ! Lovely Fabric
- Avril Read (09/03/2018)Lovely shirt. I got the orange and love the colour. It is well made and the thickness/quality of the fabric is good. I like this so much I’m thinking of buying other colours. I would love the colour range to be expanded as it’s such a useful item to have in several colours.
- Sally Parr (26/02/2018)A really lovely shirt, I bought navy as I want to build a wardrobe of basics, and can wear a pop of colour cami under, it is a nice relaxed fit. I am 14 and bought L.
- jean anderson (22/02/2018)Lovely colour and material. Generous size too.
- Christine Low (09/01/2018)After reading reviews I ordered this shirt in soft white in a LL as many had commented on the small size. It was huge! Unfortunately soft white was out of stock in L so I went for nimbus. Fits well - I am 14/16. If soft white comes back in stock I shall get that too. Would love it in a bright red.
- b houghton (27/11/2017)Lovely shirt, really easy to wear I paired it with the square neck vest.
- Heidi (27/11/2017)I found the fit very good in my usual size and the fabric and finish excellent. However, the only summer colour available was navy and I found it a very ordinary navy with no sublety and therefore uninteresting.
- Susan Holden (22/11/2017)I ordered this shirt in aquamarine in a size small. I loved the look of the colour online and am trying to wear more of my colours. I am a bright spring but the colour didn’t really suit me. I loved the fit of the shirt and found it comfortable but sadly returned it because I knew that I wouldn’t wear that colour unless it was just a vest top peeping out from something else. The darker spring colours look better on me. I see that the Nimbus colour is now back in stock in small so I may try that to wear under a darker colour. I would definitely buy this in a bright navy or lobelia or other spring purple. I hope the style will be continued with new colours for next year.
- Norah Cat (20/11/2017)The shirt is very well made and the colour orangeade cheers one up on a gray November day. I did as recommended by other customers and sized up from my usual Medium to a Large. However, I regretted that decision and have returned it and requested the Medium. I seem to be on the smaller side of a Medium in Kettlewell, (a size 12 who can sometimes wear a size 10) and the Large did not look right, was among other large across the shoulders. Although it shouldn’t be too tight, I think this style needs to be quite fitted to look right.
- Torunn (15/11/2017)A lovely item I had to return as it was too small. The quality and feel of the fabric is lovely, but I downgraded it due to size. Just like everyone else, I was disappointed to find this not true to size. I ordered a LL which, when tried on, looked a full size too small. I advise anyone to order up a size from usual. But if you are already a LL (like me), forget it as it's not going to fit. I was disappointed by this, as my experience of Kettlewell sizing up to now, has been good. But it would seem that the manufacturing on this item has not represented the Kettlewell sizing chart at all.
- Claire (12/11/2017)I don't usually wear blouses but I thought I'd try the jersey shirt and I'm very pleased I did. It is on the snug side but very comfortable and flattering and I'm going to buy another one. I bought Nimbus and it goes with anything. Usually blouses make me feel fat but this style is slimming.
- madeleine harrington (03/11/2017)Just the (green) colour I was looking for and good quality. I knew it was going to be more fitted than I would normally like so would appreciate a more relaxed version as I'm a bit overweight.
- Lizzy (25/10/2017)A good wardrobe staple.
- Maria (19/10/2017)I love this shirt! Fabulous colours (I'm a Summer) , great fit and soft material. I'm between a 10 and a 12, the 12 is the perfect size on me so they do possibly come up a little bit small. I bought one and was so smitten with it that I now have three of them!
- Tina Warner Thomsen (17/10/2017)I loved the colour (Cassis) but found the fit very narrow. I take the size L in most tops but here I needed LL and even then it was tight for my relatively large chest (34G). It wasn't the loose fit I was looking for so I returned it. I would love to see a longer version of this with a more generous fit.
- LizB (13/10/2017)I didnt like the colour o fthe jersey shirt . I am sure the quality would have been up to the usual Kettlewell standard but it made me think of the uniform of a garden centre employee . Fine as a uniform but not for relaxing. It was a dull bottle green colour ugh!! Kettlewell were very efficient and refunded my money very quickly , for which I thank you very much.
- Joyce Rhoden (11/10/2017)Have to agree that this shirt comes up small so do go up a size. I will be sending mine back because of this. The autumn range of colours in this shirt I feel is a bit disappointing.
- Loraine Humphreys (11/10/2017)I chose a very bright colour and it is very eye catching but even though having read the reviews I chose a large size it is still quite clingy and I wanted a much more relaxed fit so I am a bit disappointed. I will still wear it under a sweater though so all is not lost.
- Rachel Drury (09/10/2017)Love this. I am a 14 but quite tall at 5 10 and had to return and upsize to LL to get it to be a fit on my frame. The return was incredibly quick and efficient. It feels so good to be in colour, the high street is so washed out at the moment and as a pale winter I need colour to look human!
- Kathryn (07/10/2017)Lovely shirt and lovely colour. Beautifully shaped and gorgeous quality fabric. Sleeves are long enough! I would love to buy more of them but will have to save up first!
- Maria Willis (05/10/2017)Versatile shirt - can be dressed up or down. Very comfortable on tucked in or out of skirt/trousers. Bought the cassis and antique moss shades - both great for me. Would be lovely to have more autumn colours such as a kingfisher and tan versions in LL next time please.
- jane (05/10/2017)Fab rich colour. Washes well. More colours in LL size, please. As for the sizing, I’m a 12/14 on top but find the LL size in this style looks/hangs better. I don’t like tight, doesn’t suit me.
- Jane Dougall (04/10/2017)Very comfy shirt, great choice of colours I shall definitely be buying another colour
- jane (02/10/2017)Lovely shirt, fab colours, can we have more winter colours in LL size, please? Also, can we have a 100% cotton rather than a cotton mix?
- Jane (28/09/2017)Just what I have been looking for - a smart jersey shirt in a nice colour. This in size small fits me better than any of the other Kettewell shirts in size small, as they are generally too large across the shoulders (although this one could be a teensy bit more generous across the bust, but it's close!). The size small is well proportioned -- narrower but still with length in the body and sleeves. I bought it in Orangeade, which I love - bright but still soft. Will buy another when another spring colour choice becomes available. A jersey polo like this would be great!
- Joanne Elphinston (20/09/2017)Lovely fitted shirts. I tried the medium first but decided to swop for the large to sit more comfortably over the bust.
- Elinor McBurney (19/09/2017)Lovely shirt good fit and colour I bought the shaded spruce. I am a summer also bought the mock neck top in nimbus a lovel shade both in size large I am a 14.
- Valerie (18/09/2017)Really happy with this purchase. Fits well and is really comfortable. I have worn it lots already and received lots of compliments. Only negative is the cost as it is more money than I would normally spend, although seriously tempted to buy another colour. Great prompt delivery too.
- Alison Collins (18/09/2017)I love this shirt. I bought the Red last year and this year I got the Turquoise and Orange. It's long enough to look great with skinny Jeans and/or a blazer. I'm usually a size 10 and I bought the Small as I prefer it fitted.
- LOVE colour! (18/09/2017)Nice shirt, but the collar on the one I received didn't sit right on me. Also I thought the sleeves a little long and wide. Not a sharp fit in the body either. OK when worn closed, but as a jacket, looks a bit 'mumsy' on me Nimbus is a lovely colour, and I wish there was a skirt in this shade
- Jackie Worrall (07/09/2017)Love it , nice soft material and one of my favourite colours. I bought in the summer to wear as cardigan style over a sleeveless top and also looking forward to wearing it as a shirt when it gets a bit cooler. Would really love a short sleeve version. Is there any possibility?
- Diane Harris (02/07/2017)i love the colour and the fit of my recent first purchase. I'm so glad that I have discovered your Company.
- Susan Cremer (14/06/2017)Love the shirt. I am a 10/12 and 5ft 2ins. The medium size fits perfectly. So disappointed that the white is not available at the moment.
- JULIA PATERSON (07/06/2017)Pretty, practical shirt. But the color was off for some reason. I would describe it as a "heavy dark blue".
- Veronika (18/05/2017)I love this shirt. I ordered a soft white in large ( I'm a size 14) and the fit is great. The material is good quality and is thick enough to wear open as a casual jacket. It is a bit more expensive than I would usually pay for a shirt but that probably won't stop me buying another in a different colour!
- Sharon (11/05/2017)Loved the cut of this shirt which was very flattering. Have already ordered a second in geranium and wish there were more colours available.
- Sarah (09/05/2017)I love the vibrant colour and the cut of the shirt. Being size 12/14 I would normally choose a medium but, having read other reviews, I ordered the large size and this is a good fit.
- Jeanie (02/05/2017)Love this shirt. Really soft, flattering style and of course the colours - I chose the blue and navy. Agree with the last review - would love one in fuschia. Great over t shirts, casual but smart - . First purchase from Kettlewell and very impressed. Definitely a niche in the market for good quality and stylish clothes. Boden had better look out!
- Barbara (29/04/2017)Beautiful colour, perfect fit and I've had so many compliments! Great delivery service too. Would love one in fuchsia??? Will definitely purchase the grey one.
- Di Walker (24/04/2017)Beautiful shirt. Lovely fabric and great fit. I have already bought two and may well buy another one.
- Marion (15/04/2017)It wasn't flattering for me.
- Caroline Pollitt (07/04/2017)As other reviewers say, the small is a great fit for a size 8 figure. Classic style, good weight and handle to the shirt making it feel worth the money. Just what i've been looking for.
- Sally Compobassi (03/04/2017)A really good fit and so comfortable to wear. Although I usually wear a size 10 shirt (i.e. small), the medium is just right. More Winter colours, please! A true red would be great, as would pure white and hot pink!
- Gina (30/03/2017)Really pleased with purchase. Lovely shape and colour. Well made.
- Liz (30/03/2017)Yes really like this shirt. I bought 2 in different colours. I like to wear them over a T shirt so I haven't washed either of them yet. Lovely soft and stretchy material is very nice to wear but also looks quite smart.
- Susannah Swindell (29/03/2017)Good quality, very comfortable.
- Shal (29/03/2017)The small is perfect for a size 8. The shell pink is a gorgeous colour especially with the light dove grey. The material is so soft and the shape is perfect. It is just as well that it can be worn open as a jacket or buttoned up to justify the price.
- Pauline (27/03/2017)I adore this shirt; I chose geranium in small. I'm as size 8-10, and it fits perfectly, and the cut is elegant the colour divine, and the fabric feels smooth against my skin. A winner and a shirt to make me smile.
- Janet Male (25/03/2017)This shirt is great. Can be worn on its own or unbuttoned with a cami or T shirt under. Nice length and very comfortable.
- Anne (25/03/2017)Although an L in jumpers I needed a LL for this shirt. The fabric was of good quality, and the shirt gracefully shaped, and a perfect length, but the colours, geranium and cobalt were too strong for me, so I had to return them. I found the collar to be a little small - in shape, not size, and this did not appeal to me.
- Kate Morris (22/03/2017)Such a fab shirt! And in one of my wow colours too! I just felt amazing when I put on the geranium shirt and can't wait to wear it out. Also got the ivory which is lovely and v useful. They are super smart, lovely fit, really nice weight fabric, so you can also wear open as a light casual jacket over a tee. Please Kettlewell make these in LOTS more colours! Think I will have to try the other two autumn colours as well while I'm waiting... PS I'm a 12 and the L fits well.
- Kate (14/03/2017)Just what I've been looking for - great shape, lovely fabric and perfect length.
- Stacey Gerrard (10/03/2017)