Reviews of Sara V
Add your review
If you have had an unfavourable experience please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review. We are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted anonymously.
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: HeliotropeI bought this in the heliotrope which is hard to get hold of. Lovely fit, nice and stretchy and soft. The colour is one of my wow colours so was keen to buy and in the sale, great. The xs fits perfectly as a size 8 on top.
- Debbie (09/08/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: HeliotropeThe fabric of this top hangs nicely, and I enjoy the colors and how they work in my wardrobe (Soft White, Navy, Crushed Berry, Heliotrope). I do wish this top were a little longer for those of us with longer torsos (5’10”), but I will make this work because some of these colors are not found in other tops.
- Carrie (07/08/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Chinese BlueVery pleased with the Sara Top in Chinese Blue, nice material, lovely colour and it fits me ok. This was a concern as I am 5ft 2in but the length is fine and the v neck is not too low.
- Catherine (07/08/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteGenerously sized. Good colour but this fabric doesn't suit me.
- Barbara (05/08/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteLovely soft fabric, it has a very slight shine but is really lovely and hangs beautifully. I bought it because I realised I had no ‘smart casual’ long sleeved tops, only a bazillion Bretons. It looks great with jeans, shorts and skirts and the off white colour suits my skin tone perfectly. I only wish I hadn’t missed out on the short sleeved version!
- Anna (29/07/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: HeliotropeThis is a beautiful top and Kettlewell service is awesome!! The day after I placed my order they shipped it and i received it 4 days later!! I live in the USA.
- Deb (28/07/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteA perfect t-shirt! Sits nicely and hides any bumps, but is a flattering shape. The v neck is a good size on my 5’3” small frame. I bought four spring colours and like them all. The white one is smart enough for work. I bought them in the sale.
- Jenny (25/07/2019)I returned this item in Soft White as it was too see-through. Loved the style and would have been ok in a darker colour
- christina (25/07/2019)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: NavyI am afraid that I sent this top back, not because of any inherent problem with it, but because it did not suit me. Despite being size XS (I am a size 8), it was too big for me, and I realised that when Kettlewell describes a top as having a relaxed fit, that's exactly what it means! One has to be a bit careful when one is very slim ordering things that are classed as 'relaxed fit', because they can make one look like a scarecrow! Also, the transverse seam across the shoulders at the back was not very flattering for me.
- Katharine (22/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: SilverI ordered the top in silver and was bit doubtful when it arrived as it has a pale bluish tinge and I tend to avoid pastel shades but when I tried it on I was really pleased as it looks more of a silver grey, which is what I wanted. I am a slightly busty 12 - 14 with a smallish waist and I have difficulty choosing the right size from Kettlewell but the medium in this style is a good fit. The v-neckline isn't too low and is quite flattering. I think this will be a useful top which can be worn casually or dressed up when need be. Good value as a sale purchase.
- Jean R (18/07/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Chinese BlueI bought this top in 3 colours as it was in the sale. I returned one of them but only because the colour didn’t suit. I’m a petite 5ft 1, but quite busty so wasn’t sure if the small would be too clingy. It looks great though and very flattering. It’s a really comfortable smart/casual top to wear, and have already worn and washed both within a week! Will definitely be purchasing more in different colours
- Debbie (18/07/2019)
SIZE: MediumLovely. I'm very happy with this top and it will go well with all sorts of trousers, jeans, skirts and shorts.
- Anne (18/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteThis is a very nice top, which I bought in two colours. I kept the blue, but had to send the cream back because - as so often the case with white or cream tops - it is too thin and shows underwear through it. But the blue, a heliotrope colour, is lovely and will be worn a lot.
- Anne (18/07/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Crushed BerryOriginally I ordered the M but needed to exchange it for a S, I am a size 10-12. The S was better but slightly clingy and was not terribly inspiring so it went back.
- Jane (18/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Chinese BlueLovely top in a gorgeous colour. Had many admiring comments. Quality and material excellent. Size medium perfect for my 12/14 frame.
- Jeannette (18/07/2019)I am so pleased with this top. The fabric has a lovely drape. The v is just the right depth and I can add a necklace easily in the space. I got the size LL as I am usually a size 16 and found it fits beautifully and skims nicely. I got it in the sale and thought it was excellent value, but I would buy this top again even at its normal price. Such gorgeous autumn colours to choose from. I find with the tops that I have to turn a few centimetres under as the sleeves are just a bit too long for me, but they fold under nicely. I hope this top stays around for a while.
- Mary (17/07/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: HeliotropeAnother fabulous colour from Kettlewell! As an autumn, it's nice to just go for something less 'autumnal' once in a while. I love the top - everything about it in fact. Can't think how I managed before I discovered Kettlewell. Those parcels of colour just make my day!
- Stevie R (15/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: HeliotropeLove this top, wearing it as I type. Very flattering style, skims rather than clings. Lovely soft material, easily goes between smart and casual. Looks fab with skinny Jeans and my light grey robell trousers. I normally buy 10/12 and found the medium fits perfectly.
- Lesley (15/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Chinese BlueI do find it interesting how we are all such different shapes and sizes with different likes and dislikes. I note many lovely positive comments on this top but I ordered two and returned them both. I didn't like the top at all, neither the fit , material or style. First time I have been so disappointed with a Kettlewell garment but I'm happy others' have been so happy with it. I ordered the silver and Chinese blue. I particularly wanted a silver /grey top but even the lovely colour didn't persuade me to keep it
- Kay (15/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Chinese BlueI love this top. I’m 5ft 10” slightly busty size 12 and this top skims flatteringly without clinging. The v is low enough to feel feminine without exposing cleavage. Fabric is good quality with a lovely drape. I am usually safe with a kettlewell medium and this is true to size. Just wish I’d jumped in and bought raspberry before it sold out in medium! Excellent value as a sale buy!
- Victoria (06/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: LagunaHave just seen this is reduced so am going to buy another. I got the size medium in laguna and am very happy with it. Sometimes size medium in Kettlewell can be a bit tight on me but this fits loosely so is perfect. I don't agree with some other reviews saying the V is too high - I actually find it quite low and wide .
- Liz (29/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Crushed BerryLovely colours in Laguna and Crushed Berry, wanted a lightweight casual top to wear at weekends so it fits this perfectly. Nice length, I’m quite tall at 5 ft 9 and the sleeves are just long enough, body length no problem, nicely shaped so you can wear tucked in or out. I have wanted to buy other styles of tops but unfortunately they are out of stock, as others have commented the mid colours seem to sell out quicker than pastels, so please Kettlewell try to get more stock!
- Joanne (26/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: HeliotropeLoved this colour top. Bought Medium as I am5’2” good fit. Not clingy, loose fitting. Hangs nicely. Lovely soft material.
- Elsie (06/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: LagunaI love this top - it drapes so nicely and is very flattering. I bought in the colour laguna which is great and looks so good with cream/beige trousers.. I am usually a size 10/12 and bought medium which fitted me fine.
- Sandra (06/06/2019)Another very flattering top which skims the difficult bits! As a Winter I chose raspberry which works well with denim or white jeans. I'm a standard 10 and the Small fits perfectly. I like the slightly higher neckline as for me this is a daytime top. Again, lovely quality & washes well.
- Fiona (31/05/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Lily PadNot really keen on this Sara V top. The fabric is lovely and silky and I liked the idea of wearing it tucked into skirt or jeans but somehow, the neckline did not suit me, I thought the V too high. The colour, Lily Pad, was lovely though and I hope it comes in a Darcy Scoop or Silky Scoop soon. Unfortunately I returned this Sara V but I've no complaints on Kettlewell's handling of returns and refunds. Thank you Kettlewell
- Elizabeth (16/05/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Light AquaLovely colour. Soft silky fabric which drapes beautifully. Not too clingy.
- Kristina H (13/05/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: CoralI love this style. Such a staple. Formal or casual.
- Debbie (09/05/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Light AquaTop was far too big on me. I bought LL but I found it shapeless and like a tent. I could have sent for the smaller size but didn’t think it was worth the £39 price tag, so returned. However the light aqua was a stunning colour.
- Lynn (30/04/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft WhiteFlattering. Like most normal women I have a few lumps and bumps I prefer to disguise and this top does that. It skins the body and is very comfortable.
- Deborah (26/04/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: HeliotropeA gorgeous top in the elusive Heliotrope! Love this top - bought in a small and it fits OK apart from the sleeves which if I was being picky are a tad too short, but other than that it feels lovely and hangs beautifully. Now need one in true red and brown please!
- Kate (15/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: HeliotropeThis is a lovely light top with beautiful fabric I am a size 12 and it fits perfectly. I love the colour, Heliotrope.
- Kirsty (06/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: RaspberryLove these tops and I now have two, one in sliver and one in raspberry. Really nice soft fabric which drapes beautifully. As with most Kettlewell V-necks, the V is quite wide at the neck, almost to the point that it becomes a scoop neck. As boat necks don't suit me, I'd prefer the V to be a bit narrower, but I still love this style.
- Judith (04/04/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Light AquaLovely colour. Soft silky fabric which drapes beautifully. Not too clingy.
- Kristina H (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: RaspberryWow! What a lovely top. So soft & floaty, a very light fabric but not see through or clingy. Beautiful colours as usual. I have just taken delivery of a Chinese blue one too & it’s stunning. I’m a 39inch busy & large fits me fine.
- Sue (21/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: LagunaI ordered this top along with the printed swing top and planned to keep only one. Not possible! They are both beautiful and skim the body wonderfully.
- Gina (20/03/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Crushed BerryDidn’t like the fabric
- Ec (19/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Marine NavyThis is a lovely top, and has a lovely refined quality that is easy to dress up. I am a size 10-12 to wear with skinny jeans, and it works a treat. It has a nice and soft v-neck, and a lovely tucked detail at the back. I bought the marine blue, which is a gorgeous, serene colour. A favourite top for all seasons.
- Marcia (24/12/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Light AquaLove this top. Purchased the Small and it is close fitting but the fabric is not clingy and just floats over the skin, thank goodness. I love the back detail, the slightly curved hem, the light weight , and the subtle sheen of the fabric - not shiny...just lovely. This top is perfect for my life style. I did not find the V too low at all and the full length sleeves are easily pushed up to 3/4 length. A very pretty, wearable and comfy top. I got the Light Aqua and would buy multiples of this top in every summer color if available. Thank you.
- katherine erwin (29/11/2018)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Lily PadI am XS and this fits like a dream and is lovely fabric; only complaint is not enough colours. I have noticed that not not all colours are available in XS
- Helen (07/11/2018)Perfect style for me look forwards to many more colours.
- Stephanie (30/09/2018)Lovely fit looking forwards to the other colours in Summer to be reproduced to add to my wardrobe. Perfect
- Stephanie leon (27/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: SilverA great top in lovely material which I've used for layering over a t-shirt and under a jumper. Fits perfectly - I have wide shoulders which sometimes cause me a problem but the material drapes really well and covers all that up! Now looking at one in another colour although you don't currently have the colour I want in stock.
- Judith (24/09/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: AmberI love this top - this is the first item I have ever bought from Kettlewell and was not disappointed. The material is beautiful and I love that it’s not too long as I am short waisted. The neck is perfect and I love the slight gathering at the back. Fits me perfectly and I am going to purchase in another colour.
- Sheila Coulson (17/09/2018)Lovely top but neckline was too low for me so I had to return it.
- Carolyn Clarkson (18/05/2018)I really liked this top and the colour would have been very useful. Unfortunately I have quite a wide back and there wasn't enough fabric in the back of this top despite the gathers on the back yoke, although in other respects it seemed to fit fine. It didn't look good on me so I had to return it.
- kw (19/04/2018)Great top, more autumn colours please. The treetop green is particularly lovely bright colour. Good quality, washes and irons up great. I Always by a larger size for more comfort.
- Linda (05/03/2018)Lovely top, excellent quality. I purchased this item to team up with the flounce skirt, but unfortunately it was the wrong colour. The sleeves were far too long, but you could push them up. Beautifully packed, prompt service and very easy return with fast refund. Cannot fault Kettlewell .
- Priscilla (29/01/2018)I love my tops. The quality is great and the service is very fast. I order and I blink and they are in my wardrobe. Amazing.
- dorothy westgarth (26/01/2018)I love these tops. Great fabric and cut really well. I've got three, giving serious thought to a fourth!
- Frances Critchlow (10/01/2018)This top is flattering; the lower cut neck line is not too low for me, but you could wear a vest top underneath if need be. The material is lovely. I like the detail at the back too. I purchased the small, which is ever so slightly too long in the arms & slightly too wide across my shoulders. I decided to keep it, as I purchased with a discount & tend to roll my sleeves up & will generally where a cardigan over the top, but wish Kettlewell would consider selling an extra small.
- Ally (03/01/2018)I bought this top in Biscuit and it is beautiful. Great colour and unlike the other reviewer, I love the lower cut neck - it’s very flattering without being too revealing. I like the drapey fabric - just wear a tee shirt bra, to keep a smooth finish. I will probably get some other colours.
- Helen Frewer (13/12/2017)I bought the Sara V in lobelia which is a fantastic colour for bright springs (springs leaning towards winter). It’s a nicely shaped top but I found the fabric too stretchy for me. I am small with a small bust and worried about the neckline stretching down if I was carrying a shoulder bag. Sadly I returned it but I will have to buy something else in lobelia because I really loved ththe colour. A nice top just not for me.
- Norah Cat (20/11/2017)I found this material too lightweight although I appreciated that it had a lovely sheen and a really nice colour (biscuit).The style had an interesting back but I thought the front seemed plain and didn't hang well, being rather flimsy material. I did return this top as I felt it didn't suit me.
- Judith (03/11/2017)The garment I returned was beautiful but too large for me. the 2 garments I kept are a good and were delivered early and in excellent condition.
- Christine Latham (02/11/2017)Attractive top which fits well and is not too clingy. The pink/grey is a lovely colour.
- Widgness (31/10/2017)Fab colour as ever but style not for me. V neck cut way too low and wide so returned it. Also, I find this particular fabric tends to look tatty after several washes, however carefully done!
- Jane (30/10/2017)Lovely top. Fit and quality excellent. Sadly I didn't keep it though as I didn't like the colour I'd chosen on me!
- Annie Glibbery (19/10/2017)Delivery was earlier than predicted. I needed to return the top as the size 10 was a little too small but the replacement size 12 fits perfectly. I like the quality and will be happy to buy again from Kettlewell.
- Jmv (17/10/2017)Nice top,lovely colour but the V shape in the front was cut too low for my shape so had to return it.
- Rachel Rees (10/10/2017)Love this top. Wondered if it might be clingy, but it isn't at all. has a very subtle slur in the fabric. I like it so much that I now have two.
- Joy (10/10/2017)I really love this top - the slightly flared shaped is much more flattering than a more clingly style. Please could you make it in more winter colours?
- Susan Sweet (09/10/2017)The short sleeved version was nice - I have 4! They are a bit big but with jeans and the flattering sleeve length I got away with it. This long sleeve version swamps me and Just looks frumpy. Doesn't work at all for me
- Helen George (04/10/2017)I absolutely love this top. It is so good to get another V NECK as usually all the other tops have a too high neck. It fits very well and the green is lovely. Would have liked it in more colours . The material is lovely
- Jayne smith (26/09/2017)The short-sleeved Sara V Neck was my absolute favourite Kettlewell top and so I was thrilled to see they had brought it out with long sleeves. The reason I love these tops most of all is that they fall perfectly! I hate clingy tops. The fabric is lovely to wear and the v-neck is very flattering. I've bought every possible colour for my season... Please bring more out!
- Jodi Hawkes (24/09/2017)I ordered this in 'Mallard' I've had lots of flattering comments every time I've worn it! Lovely feel to fabric and washes well.
- Mandy (23/09/2017)Like the top but not sure about the colour, grey plum, bought the infinity scarf to go with it!
- Jan Skelton (23/09/2017)Lovely!! Very fluid feel and not too clingy! Would like longer length sleeves and body but one of my favourite buys...more colours in this style perhaps?
- Anne Thomas (19/09/2017)Great new addition. Having lived in the Cara V with a short sleeves all summer, this long sleeve version will see me through the autumn. Love the gathers on the back as it hides your bra line.
- Rebecca (18/09/2017)