Reviews of Knee Length Ruched Skirt
Add your review
If you have had an unfavourable experience please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review. We are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. We are unable to contact you from a review as they are submitted anonymously.
- Jacqui Wilcock (16/10/2017)Beautiful beautiful colour. I'm definitely a small but I have a girl figure with a good hip to waist ratio, so I tried the small and the medium. The medium was far too baggy on the waist and generally too big, but the fabric hugged under the bum, same as the small. The small was perfect everywhere except the fact that it hugged my lower bum too closely. Probably better suited to the boy figures with narrow hips.
- mary (26/08/2017)I love this skirt which fits perfectly - normally size 12 so chose the medium - and bought the latte colour after reading another reviewer's comment about its versatility, which I agree with. Also you do have to put the creases in otherwise it can stay stretched and straight. The material is good quality and the style is really nice. I bought the long version because I'm tall (5'10") and it is just below the knee. Maybe a smaller person would find it too long?
- Jo (24/08/2017)The material was far too clingy and flimsy for me. Looked terrible, cheap. Returned.
- Kate Brassington (07/08/2017)This felt like a good quality skirt. Unfortunately it had to be returned since it was not flattering to my 5'4", size 14 body. I ordered the L size, which fitted well but just didn't suit my shapely hips, bottom and tummy.
- Kay (04/08/2017)I felt like a caterpillar in that skirt. It was too long for me (I am 5'5). I did not expect a skirt going so much under my knees. I also don't understand why I can't rely on the color description. This "navy" is totally different (much softer) to the same "navy" (deep to bright) that I got when ordering a Jacqueline trousers. Very disappointed.
- Veronika (20/07/2017)Sorry, not for me. It looked lovely on the model but on me it just looked badly stitched together, as if the side seams had bunched up & the hem wasn't level. Had to return it - pity, as the quality & value (at sale price) were perfect!
- Beverley (18/07/2017)I tried the small first but I had to go up a size as it's very fitted, still getting used to the style but it's nice to have something a bit different. I love the latte colour which is versatile,
- Maddie (13/07/2017)Flattering and pretty fitted skirt. It doesn't ruche over the bottom (unless you're much slimmer than I am, possibly!), so you need to be happy with that. You also need to pull the creases into place at the front when you've put it on, but then they do stay there. Only issue I had was that the waistband had to be taken in by about 3" (size M), but I have large hips and a small waist so have to get this done a lot. Very comfortable to wear!
- Sandrine Westcott (13/07/2017)This is my first garment from Kettlewell after browsing for some time and doing a wardrobe edit to decide which pieces I need to add. I am a tall (5ft 10ins) size 14 and this is perfect for me. Its very flattering on the tummy (my problem area) and bottom, you just need some no VPL underwear if you are wearing a lighter colour. I chose the Latte as I will wear it with darker tops to balance out my triangular frame. Will be a great summer wardrobe edition but also plan to take it through to autumn with long boots and a jacket. I'm sure I'll order another darker colour for winter.
- Claire Lowman (30/06/2017)Sadly, I had to return this skirt. Lovely length and good quality. I'm a size 8-10 , and the Small fitted well apart from around my bottom where it was just too clinging for a 51 year old to wear to work!
- Julia (29/05/2017)Very comfy and easy to wear, yes it's a bit hobbling, but you can tell that from the picture! I'm a curvy hourglass and agree that the sizing is fitted, so i wear it in a L and i'm very much a 14 on the bottom.
- Nic Bird (25/04/2017)This is the first garment I have received from Kettlewell that has not worked for me. I loved the colour and the shape but the ruching on the skirt I received didn't look like the photo. Please do not be put off though as I am sure on someone else it will be great as the other reviews say. The service with my return was fast and efficient.
- Ann Pearsons (08/04/2017)I chose the Latte skirt to mix and match with my orphan tops in my wardrobe. It's a great colour that goes with many things. I usually wear size small in Kettlewell but I went up a size for the skirt and it is not too tight or restricting. A lovely soft fabric that is easy to wear all day and could be dressed up for the evening.
- CH (26/03/2017)Fantastic! Perfect fit and true to size. Comfortable and easy to wear. Very flattering
- JM (20/02/2017)As all your pieces this skirt is amazing. It is flattering and makes me slimmer. I will never choose this colour because I was thinking it is warm but I've just find out that is wonderfull for summer. Thank you Kettlewell colours.
- Dolores Britvic (06/02/2017)Way too tight. I had bought the jersey pencil skirt in two colours but navy was not an option so I hoped the ruched skirt would do, but it is unflatteringly tight, despite being the same size as the jersey pencil, and I was very disappointed.
- Bronwyn Bainbridge (13/12/2016)Lovely colours and the ruching is very flattering. But the skirt is so narrow around the knees, I feel like I'm wearing a hobble skirt! The fabric does stretch, but I personally don't like the feeling of stretching the fabric with every step I take. I'll try the shorter version
- Kathy (01/12/2016)I ordered this in the purple and it is currently my favourite skirt! I'm a Spring and wear with all my neutrals like dove grey, camel and soft white. Yesterday I wore with an apple scarf and felt fab! This has to be the most comfortable and flattering skirt and perfect length just covering my knees.
- Georgie (28/11/2016)Just received this ruched skirt in longer length. It is perfect for me covering the knees , fits great, fabric and lining lovely and soft. So comfortable. I am a size 16 and it makes me feel slimmer as well.
- yvonne (17/11/2016)