Reviews of Milan Knit Cardigan
Add your review
We want you to be delighted with your purchases but if you do have any problems, please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review as we are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted using forenames/initials only and may be used for marketing purposes.
SIZE: MediumI have this cardigan in raspberry as well. It is soft and comfortable to wear and washes beautifully. I am a medium and it is true to size.
- Margaret (24/01/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft AppleExcellent. I’m very pleased. Good colour and good fit.
- Sylvia (23/01/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: HennaLovely rich colour and a good fit for me in a size 14.
- Barbara Richards (20/01/2020)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: HoneyLovely colour and fit. I am petite and the small is just right in size and length. Good price in sale too!
- Christine Pownall (17/01/2020)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Soft AppleA fabulous birthday present for my daughter who is thrilled with the fabulous shade of green. She is a Spring with strawberriy blonde hair so the colour really suits her.
- Ita (02/09/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Celestial BlueThe 75103 Milan Knit Cardigan in Celestial Blue was, basically, beautifully made and a really lovely colour. However I had to return it, sadly, as the body length was too long as was the sleeve length. Kettlewell does not produce garments in a petite range unfortunately.
- Teresa (21/08/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Snow WhiteI really like this Snow White Milan cardigan. The only thing is that I thought 'Snow White' meant 'WHITE' and this cardigan looks rather more cream than complete white. It is still a very lovely cardigan but as I have a few white cardigans (not as good quality as this one I might add) I do wish it was a purer white. However, as the quality is very good I shall still wear it (but not with white trousers/skirts!!).
- Iris (21/08/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Snow WhiteBeautifully soft and the perfect white for a Winter.
- Di (21/08/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft AppleI really like these two Milan Knit Cardigans I recently ordered. The Green cardigan is a lovely colour and smartens up quite a few of the tops I wear making them look really dressy.
- Iris (21/08/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Soft AppleThis is a most useful addition to my wardrobe. The fabric is really soft and the Soft Apple colour is beautiful. I have already received a lot of compliments! I was worried the arms would be too tight, as that is an ongoing problem with fashion items, but it is fine. I ordered LL and am usually a size 16. Another winner from Kettlewell!
- Lisa (13/08/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Snow WhiteMy order came promptly, carefully packaged and, on opening, the quality impressed. However, the allegedly merino wool began to itch the moment I put it on to try ( and this is not a problem I usually have with wool and never with merino wool), the colour was more oyster than snow white and the shape reminded me of my granny - too straight and just the wrong length. Very disappointed; i was so excited to find natural fibre cardigans in white but I’m afraid the search continues. However, i will try Kettlewell again as I believe this was just a blip from what looks like a good company.
- Carol (05/08/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: PaprikaI love these cardigans! Very simple, great colours! (Autumn). Good over a cami top. I travel a lot for business and they do get a bit creased, albeit I use tissue paper to pack - creases do drop out overnight, so good to go. Recommend. I have three colours now.
- Jane (12/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft AppleA beautiful soft cardigan. Expensive but being a spring it's harder to find my green. This is perfect. True to size
- Linda (01/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: HoneyLove this little cardigan it's ideal for transition from spring to summer and also the colour Honey will be great in the autumn - so a fantastic all round useful addition to my wardrobe. Sleeves are a little long for me and I have long arms (or so I thought..) It fits well otherwise and the natural fabric of cotton and merino give it a super soft feel. I'm a 10/12 and the M fits well, perhaps a little generous for me but it's a great cardigan.
- Elizabeth (01/07/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: True Blue MarlLove these cardigans in natural fabrics merino and high cotton mix. Would love style just in cotton material for summer? More colours for winter colours perhaps navy. Does bobble over time if gentle machine washed.
- Anne (24/06/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: RaspberryThis is a neat fitting summer cardi. I'm not 100% sure about the raspberry colour for winters as in sunlight it almost looks like a deep coral. Decided to keep it anyway as it looks good over a denim dress or navy/white stripy top. Not the same shade as the raspberry infinity scarf which I got last year. True to size small = 10.
- Tricia (27/05/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: HoneyI love the quality and color of this cardigan. But I’m tall (1.73 m), skinny and wear size 36/S and very often sleeves are too short for me. Same here. Please offer long sizes!!! That would make me happy.
- Britta (25/05/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Sunshine YellowLovely sunny yellow, a good length and a soft feel. A little bit big - I’m a 14 but could probably have gone down to a M. Very nice - except for the horrible, scratchy and uncomfortable label at the back of the neck. I have managed to remove it by unpicking the tiny stitching with the help of a magnifying glass and nail scissors, but if you must put marketing labels on garments please use labels that don’t irritate the skin!
- Linda (24/05/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft AppleVery pleased with my purchase. Good quality and fit. Not actually an “autumn” colour, but suits me anyway! Already a favourite so cost per wear should be favourable. Great with navy.
- Claire (16/05/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: HoneyLovely soft cardy. Bit too long in body and sleeves which is always the case for me, but it's manageable and I love the colour so I have kept it. I wish petites were better catered for in the fashion world, not everyone is a slender beanpole.
- Gill (29/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Cream MarlLove how the fabric feels against my skin. So far the cardigan has survived one wash. Cream is a very nice, neutral warm white colour. Soft Apple was at first glance too murky for a spring, but when I had it on for a day and saw how it looked in daylight it was bright enough for me. I wish the buttons were a bit bigger. Overall very pleased with my purchase.
- Anne (11/04/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: PeacockLovely cardigan. Fabric feels soft. Didn’t bobble when worn. Haven’t washed it yet. I did shop around but couldn’t find the subtle shades. Love the raspberry one too, but am trying to resist.
- Joy (09/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: PeacockBeautiful bright colour, but not too overpowering for my soft Autumn colouring. Soft, comfortable fabric. I am a 5' 8" size 12 and bought M which is a great fit. Sleeves are long enough.
- Gillian (08/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Light SilverI love this cardigan! It is soft and fits very well (a very neat fit). Looking long and hard at the raspberry colour. Always such a friendly and efficient service from Kettlewell.
- Elizabeth (02/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: PaprikaLovely soft fabric, useful cardi. A bit expensive I thought so did extensive research in an attempt to get similar elsewhere. Bad idea! No-one had the colour, fit and style of this one - so as usual. I bought Kettlewell, knowing that I will get masses of use from it. Great over dresses for this 'between seasons' weather and of course with trousers.
- Diane (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Cream MarlI like this cardigan very much. Bought it in two colours, intending to send one back, but kept both. Haven’t washed them yet or worn them much. As another review, am hoping they won’t pill too much
- Joy (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: True Blue MarlA very nice, soft cardigan. Comfortable to wear albeit slightly generous with the sizing. I haven't had it very long yet and, for me, the true test will be whether or not it 'pills' (those awful bobbles that form on knitwear). If it doesn't, or only slightly, I will probably buy more colours. I would have preferred a V-neck and perhaps a shorter version as I'm a short 5'1". Great service from Kettlewell too, i.e. no fuss, which always scores well with me.
- Susie (29/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Cream MarlEasy to wear and lovely and soft. It is what it is - a round neck cardigan - but love the two colours I have bought and the Cream has been really versatile on a recent trip to Southern Spain (in March) when an extra layer was needed in the evening. Pretty small buttons. Would love a 'v' neck version - any chance Kettlewell?!
- gillie (26/03/2019)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Soft AppleI bought the cardigan in the color soft apple but the color was unfortunately not as nice in reality as on the computer, it was a bit darker and more subdued. I have long arms and was worried that the sleeves would be too short as some typed, but they were just right. However, the cardigan was too short and slided up at the waist. It seemed to be very good quality, but sadly I had to return it.
- Jenny (26/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: RaspberryLovely raspberry colour although I expected it to be a little darker in shade. A good length for me as I prefer tops and cardigans to be longer rather than shorter in length. The fit was good as I need something not too tight fitting with my expanding waist so I went for the large size although am a 12-14 size. I do think it is quite expensive though.
- Fiona (25/03/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft AppleThe Milan Knit Cardigan in Soft Apple is one of my favourite purchases from Kettlewell. Would be interested to buy this in Cream too if it comes back in stock in my size again. A V-neck version with new colours would be nice. It's hard to find good quality buttoned cardigans these days, especially in Spring colours.
- Anne (19/03/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Snow WhiteI ordered this in white. It was nicely finished and fitted well but the fabric was very thin and you could see through it? Such a pity. It may be less of a problem with darker colours but with white, it makes it unwearable.
- Kate (12/03/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: HoneyI'm a size 10-12 on top, 5'6, spring. I purchased the Milan Knit Cardi in Honey, size S. My sister is also a spring and purchased this a year ago. It looks stunning against her skin, so I got it too. I love it. Will be great in the office as a spring neutral with ivory blouse and different skirts and trousers. So pleased to be able to buy lovely spring neutrals. Would love a v neck cardigan.
- Bernice (22/02/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: PeacockLovely cardigan, small fits nicely, I'm a 10/12. Already have this cardigan in another colour, which has washed and worn well, still looks new.
- Lesley (10/12/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: RaspberryVery pleased with this cardigan. I’m a size 12 and it’s a perfect fit. It’s washed well. I bought it on Black Friday and so got a discount.
- Margaret (10/12/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: PeacockVery practical cardigan which I can wear for work or casual. A good lightweight that can be layered easily but also warm. And a lovely pop of colour for the winter, which of course goes with everything!
- Jill (16/10/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: True Blue MarlWhat I loved: Lightweight cardigan in merino wool with long sleeves - fabric beautifully soft and so lovely to have natural fibre Prompt delivery - thank you Kettlewell parcels are neat and fit through my letterbox - such a treat to come home to find them waiting and no need to collect. What didn't work for me: Too long - last year's cropped cardigans were better length True blue marl was quite bright - would have preferred more marl
- Angela Madden (06/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: PaprikaUnsure when I realised it was mainly cotton, which I find sometimes doesn't hold its colour in knitwear but as it says it is lovely Italian yarn, am giving it a go. Love the colour. I am a Spring Size 12. As with all Kettlewell - I find the price high and then buy because I haven't managed to wear anything out, that I have bought over several years.
- Diane Hesford (04/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: True Blue MarlI love the style and colour of my new Milan Knit cardigan which goes perfectly with the tartan jewel skirt I bought to go with it. They will look great with navy tights. The one suggestion I would make is that the cardigan could have a higher wool content to make it more cosy for winter.
- Susan Paterson (25/09/2018)Got this to take on holiday as I needed a neutral go with everything cardi for evenings. Good colour (autumn cream) and fibre mix but PLEASE PLEASE do this cardi in a v neck. Really only kept it because I couldn’t find anything remotely similar on the high street.
- Kate (20/07/2018)Lovely fabric and useful colour but please do a v neck style!
- Kate (14/07/2018)Lovely cardigan. Super classy and beautiful neutral colours.
- Lucy (15/06/2018)the two cardigans are lovely and well made. they will be perfect for summer and I am hoping for spring when it is not so cold. The quality and style is lovely, well made. Great to have a company that caters for all people and our individual colours that suit us instead of all being dressed in high fashion black.
- Diana Feenstra (12/06/2018)I bought this one , and just love everything about it, the style and the color, I will certainly buy again. I also wish it would come in the same good quality and style, but with a v-neck too.
- NN (07/06/2018)A really good quality cardigan, lovely colour and fits like a glove! Thank you Kettlewell - will buy another in a different colour soon!
- Fiona Kitson (28/05/2018)Lovely colours but wrong neckline for me - how about a v neck version please!
- Finella (09/05/2018)Ordered this cardigan in "sand" as I am autumn colour. It was lovely quality and colour really nice. The only reason for sending it back I was uncomfortable spending £69 on this garment, I felt it overpriced. Perhaps if it was 100% cotton or a linen blend it might have had a more affordable price tag, say £45-50.
- carolyn (09/05/2018)I bought the mulberry and the light silver. Loved the vibrant colour of the mulberry but returned the silver as it was not the icy colour I'd expected but had a creamy tinge. However I understand that the colour is designed to appeal to a wider clientele (3 seasons) and cannot please everyone. The fit is great and it washes very well, no shrinkage.
- Mrs Richardson (07/05/2018)I liked these better when they were a cotton and cashmere mix. Also the sleeves are too short, but on the Milan knit crew they are perfect. Fit is a bit boxy and I prefer a more feminine fit. Peacock color is too cool for a Spring. Kettlewell service is always top notch.
- Jan (01/05/2018)Silver colour bought - teams with almost every colour so very useful!
- Anne (24/04/2018)Purchased the Sunshine Yellow cardigan after looking at it for sometime. I already had the Paprika and was very happy with the fit and colour of that one. I am a Spring, not sure which as was analysed in the 80's when there were only the 4 season's. I have blonde hair, brown eyes and fair skin and the yellow is the best yellow I have ever seen on myself, I just come alive. I am so pleased. I have also had several positive comments wearing the Paprika, which has worn well considering I have an active little one that climbs all over me and throw it in the washing machine on delicate. Highly recommend these cardigans.
- Bernice Thomas (24/04/2018)I already have two of these cardigans and thought that the new soft apple would be perfect for spring. Unfortunately it is darker and more sombre than it appears online and didn't suit me so I have had to return.
- Barbara (23/04/2018)Lovely colour, had compliments from two people when wearing this cardigan.True to size,arms are slightly wider than some cardigans but as I've been wearing it over a long sleeve t shirt I like having the extra room.It has kept it's shape when washed and the material is beautifully soft.It has been worth spending a bit more than I usually would on this cardigan.
- NICOLA BRown (19/04/2018)I'm delighted with this cardigan. Being in the "better endowed" branch of the female race, it's hard to find cardigans that don't gape across the chest, but this one closes properly. Lovely fabric too and the little bit of wool in the mix makes it very useful here in Yorkshire! I bought the Peacock colour, which is darker and more vibrant than the colour as displayed on the website. As I'm a Summer, it's a bit too in your face for me and would be better suited to a Spring perhaps. My only gripe is with the price, but as it fits so well, I'll be happy to exchange for another colour.
- Clare (18/04/2018)I love this cardigan easy to wear, easy to wash and such fabulous colours. My go to colour is aqua but I went for apple for a change and love it... I still might have to have another colour or two though!
- Joanna (26/03/2018)Bought this in two colours, soft apple and strawberry. The soft apple is slightly darker than in the picture, strawberry as expected. These cardigans are a great fit, good length and the sleeves are perfect. So many knits have sleeves that are too long and need pulled up to the elbow. Fabric lovely and soft so I am hoping they will wash and wear well. I have never been disappointed with a purchase from Kettlewell so confident this purchase will be the same.
- Kathleen Simpson (25/03/2018)Bought the Peacock in medium. I usually buy large in your tops but I find this knit quite generously sized. Lovely colour and style. I also machine wash my knitwear using the method described by Elizabeth but with a light iron.
- Barbara (21/03/2018)I bought this cardigan last summer and have always washed it in the washing machine on the WOOL CYCLE with Woolite. It comes out perfectly every time. I always dry it flat then, once dry, lay it on a table and smooth it with my hands instead of ironing. Works a treat.
- Elizabeth (15/03/2018)This is a beautiful garment and well worth the money. I am 5'4"with a b cup chest so cardigan drapes beautifully when left open. Just the right length on hips too. Gorgeous mother of pearl buttons.Classy
- gwen boswell (25/01/2018)Sizing is wrong was huge on me.
- Diana Feenstra (19/01/2018)I thought I would try the silver as a previous reviewer had described the colour as creamy. Unfortunately it was too grey for me. It's definitely silver grey which is really what I would have expected.
- Barbara (07/12/2017)this feels gorgeous and is so comfortable. Perfect shape, nice length sleeves. Paprika is a lovely colour for me (blue Spring). Shame it's hand-wash - I'll try not to wear it around the grandkids.
- Gisela (27/11/2017)I bought this in the antique teal and it is a nice fit. I like the fact that it has long sleeves but is fairly short and so does not look frumpy. The colour is not quite the same as the photo but I think I will get a lot of wear out of it.
- Penny (25/11/2017)This is a nice cardigan but unfortunately the sleeves were just too short (my long arms being the problem, not the cardigan - it will be fine on a normal person!). Disappointing as I really wanted a cream cardigan to go with stuff in my wardrobe.
- Louise (15/11/2017)This is a lovely quality cardigan. I returned it as I felt it did not suit me. I am always unsure about a crew neck on me and as quite expensive I felt it had to be perfect on me. I would have liked nicer buttons too for the price
- Christina (14/10/2017)This was a lovely cardigan but I didn't realise until it arrived that this is hand wash only. I don't like anything I can't pop in the washing machine. For that reason only I returned it.
- Vanessa (25/09/2017)Bought this in Strawberry and Cream. Already have it in Silver and love it. The cream however was to yellowy, but I really liked the Strawberry colour so kept this and sent the cream back.
- Sue M (19/09/2017)this looks like a lovely cardi please can we have it in pure cotton, for all of us that cant wear wool because of skin allergies and have to wear pure cotton, I would buy all the spring colours please, please, more pure cotton.
- jenny (10/09/2017)I love this cardigan, such a good length, it feels marvellous and I'm sure I need more!
- Kim Williamson (05/09/2017)Paprika is more like a salmon colour, not a rich orange like on the website. Lovely cut cardigan, would prefer same colour buttons and slightly larger buttons.
- Michelle Evans (17/07/2017)Really pleased with this cardigan. It is a really soft cotton and milan wool mix and very comfortable to wear. Very useful for those cooler summer days and evenings. I bought the mulberry colour which is lovely and goes with most other colours. A very useful addition to the wardrobe!
- Angela Mackreath (06/07/2017)Beautiful sunshine yellow cardigan . Excellent quality !!! I am a spring and would love the cardigan in leaf green , coral please .
- Ita O Brien (28/06/2017)I bought the Strawberry coloured cardigan in size M. I haven't worn it yet but the sizing was perfect for size 12. The one thing that I was disappointed with is the Colour! The image on line shows a beautiful, bright and vibrant reddish / pink but when it arrived it's softer and a touch washed out. I live overseas so sending it back is a bit of a hassle so kept it.
- Louise Wrankmore (24/06/2017)Strawberry was exactly the colour I wanted to match a dress. Perhaps slightly shorter and fitted in to the waist would be a bit less senior citizen. Lovely fabric.
- Mary Evans (16/06/2017)Lovely soft cardigan, beautiful colour paprika. Thought it might be too long for me as I'm only 5'2", but the small fits perfectly. Can't wait to wear it.
- Lesley Brown (05/06/2017)This is a gorgeously soft to the touch jumper. It is light but warm and washes well Itis an investment piece and should last for years. Please bring out more colours!
- Diane Gilmore (23/05/2017)I wasn't expecting this to be such good quality - feels really nice. Shame there are so few colours for my season. I bought the Antique Teal which is such a lovely shade of blue/green. Unusual colour - makes it look really expensive.
- WENDY ARNOLD (22/05/2017)I was surprised to find this rather frumpy on me, being overlong. Please stock a 'normal' length cardi - neither cropped nor drapey - & I would happily purchase several. The fabric was lovely and comfortable. The Light Silver suited me but I wouldn't describe it as silver -which is what I was wanting. Very disappointed.
- SallyF (16/05/2017)Lovely quality, soft, warm and stylish. I haven't yet washed mine, but it already feels like a piece I will be wearing regularly. More colours please! :)
- Emily (12/05/2017)Lightweight but warm this is a lovely cardigan for this time of year. Love the Paprika colour.
- Barbara (11/05/2017)Out of all the things I ordered this was the only one that fitted, however I didn't like the colour (strawberry) on me.
- Linda (11/05/2017)Purchased this in Light Silver and love it. True to size with enough room to wear another top underneath and not look bulky. Although the fabric is light, the cardigan is warm and cosy.
- Sue M (21/04/2017)I bought 4 of these, intending only to keep the 2 colours I liked best. However, ended up keeping 3, and the only reason I returned the 4th was that it was almost exactly the same colour as a cardigan I already have. The fit and quality are really lovely (although yet to wash and wear). The colours I kept are Sunshine Yellow, Strawberry and Light Silver (although this seems more creamy to me). All very very nice! Might have to buy the Paprika at some point...
- Caroline (07/04/2017)I like very much the style, material and the colour, antique teal, suits me and is a good basic dark colour as an alternative to black. I am a size 14 but chose LL as I wanted to have a loose, blouson style and this size works well. I was disappointed that the cardigan arrived with a button missing, presumably it have shattered in transport. There is one extra button but no matching thread. I now fear that the buttons might be too delicate and that worry will always hang over me when I wear my cardigan. I have not returned it because I do not live in the UK and postal costs are unrealistic.
- Shelagh Green (07/04/2017)I love the lightness of this beautiful cardigan. Soft, warm, and a beautiful colour. Have bough a second colour already. I know that they will become staple pieces within my wardrobe for years to come. A good investment.
- Eileen Mitchell (06/04/2017)The sunshine yellow is such a cheerful colour! The cardigan is lightweight and beautifully soft, I'd say it was true to size.
- Vicky (25/03/2017)If you are a fan of yellow - you must order the Sunshine Yellow! It is the most beautiful, vibrant, happy colour I have ever seen and the mix of cotton and merino makes this an excellent quality cardigan that will get a lot of wear.
- Julie F (21/03/2017)