Reviews of Longline Scoop Neck
Add your review
We want you to be delighted with your purchases but if you do have any problems, please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review as we are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted using forenames/initials only and may be used for marketing purposes.
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft WhiteI thought this would make a good layering piece for winter but unfortunately it is too long.
- Barbara (01/12/2019)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Lilac GreyThis top is in a lovely unusual colour. It's a summer colour in the Kettlewell palette and I am a winter, but in the colour analysis chart that I was given after a consultation many years ago, it was in my palette. I often think that I am on the cusp between summer and winter, and this exemplifies that. Hopefully, this does not sound like heresy!
- Katharine (29/11/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Midnight GreyLovely colour. Good fit. Nice quality fabric.
- cheryll (11/11/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Soft WhiteSoft white is a shade I haven’t been able to get elsewhere. It’s really flattering for me - as is the style and I love the scoop neck. It’s not too low yet it looks a lot nicer than the usual higher neck style.
- KJ (13/10/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Tropical PinkThe fabric is lovely and soft, the style and fit are great and the colour is absolutely stunning.
- Kj (13/10/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Midnight GreyAs ever the quality is excellence and the colour was just what I wanted. Unfortunately the neck was just too low for me and the top too long for my 5 ft 2 so sadly it was returned It would be a great top for someone taller
- Sharon (17/09/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Duck EggI bought this top in the sale so I felt it was good value. The material is nice and the colour as usual is beautiful. I am usually a size 12-14 and usually take a M in Kettlewell clothes, but I am glad I sized up for this top and got a L. It will be good for layering under winter clothes, but I dont think I would be brave enough to wear it on its own, as it is fitted and shows every bump and curve.
- Cathie (13/09/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: NimbusSurprisingly, I really like the Nimbus colour and it suits me. It looks really good with the full length maxi skirt in blackberry, which I purchased at the same time. Very happy customer.
- Kathryn (12/09/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: PoppyVery pleased with the quality, the colour, the sizing, the service. It felt good value because I bought it in the sale, otherwise I find the products well above the price I would normally pay for a top. But they do wash well and keep their colour and shape, as far as I can tell so far.
- Susan (05/09/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: PoppyI bought this in the poppy red and its a gorgeous colour. Before having my colours analysed I never wore red but been a vibrant autumn this poppy colour is lovely. I sized up for a bit more of a relaxed fit which has worked out well as not too clingy but a close enough fit to tuck in.
- Debbie (30/08/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: AppleLovely casual tops - I have 3 now. They are slightly heavier weight and warmer than the Darcy. Their longer length is great for jeans. I have a 32 inch bust but was happier with the medium size because it was less tight around the stomach.
- Lindsey (27/08/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Midnight GreyLovely top...true to size....
- KENDRA (19/08/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Midnight GreyThe length of this top is great for my 5’9” frame, and the neckline is flattering. I sized up for a looser fit, and look forward to cooler weather to wear this top in the tonal dressing that I prefer.
- Carrie (18/08/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: RaspberryI had to return this because it was very tight. Apparently this colour is mid-sized compared to other colours. Loved the colour and fabric.
- Elizabeth (15/08/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: RaspberryA nicely fitting top and I really love the raspberry colour. Will probably get plenty of wear in the cooler months.
- Kathryn (09/08/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Tropical PinkChose the pink colour being one of my spring colours and chose the style as slightly longer which is helpful wearing with some items such as trousers or leggings. Loved the colour, true to a Spring colour. Loved the shape and length. Unfortunately I had to return it as the fabric was just too clingy and emphasized the bulges around my middle.
- Diane (29/07/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: AppleSpot-on as always....lovely fit, colour match 100%, soft, comfy fabric. Good price in Sale. Happy customer! 😁
- Sandra (29/07/2019)
SIZE: MediumLovely top vibrant colour
- Frances (24/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Duck EggNice top good fabric and fit colour is paler than I would have prefered
- Frances (24/07/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Midnight GreyA lovely top - nice colour and material, fits well especially the long length. At 5' 11" I find that many Kettlewell tops come up a bit short for wearing with jeans and trousers (though OK with skirts). So more tops in longer lengths, please!
- M J (18/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Royal BlueLovely bright blue. Nice long body. Not as stretchy as some as more cotton which is nice but it’s quite tight. This is fine for me - 10/12 on top is fine for slim Medium but I’d go up a size if you are larger on top.
- Eleanor (17/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: ChestnutAm delighted with this top. The shape, style and fit is just perfect. I'm a size 10 and although my measurements fall into the Kettlewell Small category, I find the Medium for tops tends to fit best, due to a slightly fuller bust. Kettlewell never fail on the quality, depth and richness of colour, and this is no exception. Am very happy and will be wearing this a lot.
- Marion (17/04/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Duck EggI really love this top, my only issue is the sleeve length. They are so short. The colour is beautiful and the body length is just right. Unfortunately the sleeves ride up to a 3/4 length and as that isn’t the design it’s sort of itchy. This isn’t going to put me off buying more colours as the neckline is also perfect!
- Caroline (12/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteI am a size 10 and got the medium and it fits perfectly, not clingy at all. I would love this top more if it had a lower scoop which is most flattering on small bust with broad shoulders.
- Caroline (01/04/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: PoppyVery clingy, which is ok for me as I bought it to wear under a sleeveless dress. Colour is beautifully vibrant and true to pictures online
- Beverley (28/03/2019)
SIZE: LargeThe colour was great but unfortunately the fabric was just too clingy and unforgiving for me
- SF (14/12/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft WhiteBought this scoop neck specifically to wear under shirts this winter. It does this well. However it is quite transparent, it could not be worn alone.
- C M (04/12/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: AppleLovely longline top.Fits well and colour lovely for a “Spring” Would buy in all colours!
- M. V (09/11/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Duck EggThis would be nice if you like a close fitting style. Unfortunately it highlighted all my lumps and bumps and was quite unflattering so i am returning it.
- Helen (08/11/2018)
SIZE: MediumI loved the silky scoop neck in Mallard and would like more colours! Good service and good quality. It is lovely to be able to get bright colours
- Karen (29/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteService was excellent. Product arrived promptly. Spoke to a lady on the telephone who answered my questions efficiently. The top was a generous fit, however I havevreturned it because the fabric is very thin and a bra shows through. Would like thicker fabric which would obviously combat the bra problem but which would instantly make the top look better quality. Would like to see more tops with a higher cotton content, please. And, more pima cotton. Web site is fantastic and very easy to navigate. I shall definitely use Kettlewell again.
- Susanna Cooper (03/10/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: RaspberryRaspberry a lovely colour, I have returned it because of the length - I am long backed and 6ft - and this was too long, as I do not want to tuck it in. I did not find the top too clingy, but the fabric on the back is too thin - outlines bra, jeans pockets. If the neckline was just a touch higher, and the fabric just a touch thicker, this would be very wearable.
- kate (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Lilac GreyLovely Top. I bought this to wear under the Cosy Merino Wrap but unfortunately the Wrap isn’t in stock for three weeks so can’t try them on together. I’m hoping the Wrap will come soon as my time is running out to return the Longline top. I think the top is too long for me to wear without the Wrap.
- Joan Hammill (22/09/2018)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: RaspberryI love the colour! I'm new to Kettlewell but was really pleased with size and fit - as with other reviews the length is great for this style of top.
- Helen (22/09/2018)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: RaspberryOnce again, a lovely top. Very well made. I do not mind the length of other Kettlewell tops, so this one was on the edge of being too long for my liking, even though I am quite tall. Unlike other reviewers, I do not find it too clingy, but just right.
- Katharine Campbell (19/09/2018)Agree the reviews. The perfect length, I think all the other Kettlewell tops are too short in length. Would like more colours and double layer of material to make it less clingy. Go a size up. The lilac is true to colour I bought LL and am normally a 14.
- Alison leslie (19/07/2018)Nice style but disappointed with the material. A bit clingy for me and the colour was alot brighter than in the picture. So sent back. Will look at other though. The postal service was good
- karen marshall (31/05/2018)At last! a top that's long enough! I wish all your tops were this length. Can we have more colours please and a short-sleeved version for summer - but this length. Agree with others though - a touch too clingy for its size
- Amanda Lilley (16/05/2018)I love this top. I have several in different colours. They are a bit expensive for what they are but worth it for the choice of colours.
- Sandra (15/05/2018)Lovely layering top. I mix and match with different colour under vest tops. Comfortable and great quality. I'm between a 10 and 12 so have gone for size small which is perfect!
- Helen (11/05/2018)Love this top but would like to see a wider range of Spring colours. Love the long line
- Lyn Atkins (30/04/2018)Fits well. Has a slight longer length-which makes it good for tucking in and layering. Beautiful selection of colours.
- Eva Davison (30/04/2018)This is a lovely top, feels good quality and should be a staple of my wardrobe. My only negative is that being a size 14/16 depending on the make I had to return the L for a Ll. the L was just too clingy but the LL us now just a bit loose. I’m hoping that after being washed it may tighten a little but I would have preferred this to come in exact sizes as I’ve never ever been an 18,
- Sherry Bretherton (19/04/2018)I bought this in the acid yellow which I love, though I prefer to hide the colour a bit under something navy or maybe dark green. The long shape is also great - it does stop me having a second helping too!
- Rita (09/04/2018)A versatile & flattering top. Great fit in a stretchy fabric, and great length. And with the usual superb range of Kettlewell colours, the only problem is choosing which one(s) to go for! I bought two and will certainly return for more.
- Patricia McKenzie (06/04/2018)I now have 3 of these and wear one practically everyday! I'm tall and can't bear short tops so this is perfect layered under wrap cardigans. I have the tropical pink which looks amazing with jeans, the capri blue which is a beautiful spring colour and the soft white.
- Rebecca (06/04/2018)I love this longline scoop neck top, I bought the Capri blue and would love other colours. It’s quite snug fitting but I guess if bought in a size bigger it would be more forgiving but having recently lost some weight I’m more than happy to show off some curves. The length can hide tummy’s as there is plenty of fabric for rushing up around the tummy/waist. Haven’t got a bad word to say really.
- Marilyn (03/04/2018)I bought this in Capri blue. I decided to return as the colour wasn’t as expected. The fit and length were good for me, at 5”8.
- Vicky (26/03/2018)Bought 2 - Sea Blue and Tree Top - and both are such beautiful Autumn colours; warm and vibrant without being too bright - I need deeper colours but that doesn't mean dull, and these are perfect. I'd love to see more styles in these colours! I am a 10 and so bought Small and they are smoothly fitted but not too tight, so fit well. I like the fact they are so long - they can be loosely and flatteringly gathered around the waist to make them a bit shorter. They will layer beautifully with the wraps. Really soft material and can't wait to wear them! Not cheap, but I know if they are like my (many!) other Kettlewell clothes they will wash well, keep their colours and look good for a long time - price per wear makes Kettlewell good value.
- Helen (24/03/2018)Nice fit on body but too long in sleeve and length for my 5' 3" frame. Sleeves would need 6cm cut off to fit my arms
- Shirley (22/03/2018)Lovely. Good fit. Great colour.
- Nicki Wakeling (21/03/2018)I just received my order and I am really disappointed in the color Capri blue. It looks nothing like the online photos. It is darker and much brighter. As a light spring I need colors that are light and warm. I find that too many of Kettlewell’s Spring choices are really harsh and push the winter end of Spring. Most Springs I know cannot successfully wear these colors. If there were more warm pastels I would purchase them all. I had high hopes that there would be a lot of lovely colors for Springs now that Spring is approaching but it looks as though there is not a lot to choose from this year.
- Jan (18/03/2018)