Reviews of Darcey V
Add your review
If you have had an unfavourable experience please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review. We are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted anonymously.
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Pink IceJust bought this top in pink ice. It is a gorgeous shade and very comfortable to wear. I bought size large although I am a 12 / 14 as I hate tight clothes. It fits perfectly. Will look to buy another.
- Joan (10/08/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: JuniperLovely fabric and great colour.
- Barbara (05/08/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: PoppyThis is my second purchase of this sytle of top and will be buying more.versitle enough to wear dressed up or casual. Love the double layered front makes it comfortable to wear.
- Jacqui (01/08/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: PoppyI have several of these tops. The colours are wonderful, they wash well and maintain their shape. This year’s version has slightly more ease than last year’s which has pleased me. While I might like them to be an inch shorter, that is because I am 5’1”, and it is not a problem.
- Ruth (25/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Bright NavyI love this top. I have not worn it yet as I purchased it for the fall. The bright navy is gorgeous and the fit is perfect. I wear a size medium am 5'4 and weight 125 lbs.
- Julie (15/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Bright NavyI love this t shirt. Smart and easy to wear. Looks good dressed up or casual wear. It is a really good fit .I have two and would buy more but colour choice was limited. I was so disappointed and hope there will be more available later.
- Kay (15/07/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Bright NavyLove this top, just the right shape and weight for work. Unfortunately the colours I want have not been in stock for a couple of months, please get more mid colours as it seems the darks and pastels are always in stock. I would also like this in a long sleeve for winter, I have the Sara v and would like the sleeve length one inch longer as I’m tall.
- Joanne (11/07/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Chinese BlueLove the colour, but sadly the v-neck does not suit me. Very disappointed that it has to be returned & hopeful that there will be an alternative shape in this colour in the new collection?
- Christina (05/07/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: BeaujolaisWorn twice & many compliments. Easy to wear - smart-casual & feels comfy. I'm a busty 12/14 & the medium was too clingy so returned for a large. Gorgeous colour.
- Tracey (21/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Bright NavyThese shirts are a fantastic fit for me - and the double layer on the front makes it look smart for work or it can be casual. I like the three quarter sleeves for when the jacket comes off, or if the top is worn without. BUT - all the spring colours in Medium have sold out already - I was keen to get something other than navy and white and between the time I was thinking about the colours and going back to the website (a matter of days) everything had gone. Very much hoping that these will come back with more spring colours. I would like to see more Spring greens in the Kettlewell range as an alternative to the blues/teals and pinks on offer. Green is a good colour for work as well as play.
- Emma (19/06/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteSoft white is a beautiful cream colour, the pictures on the website don’t do it justice so I definitely recommend trying it. Sadly I seem to fall in between sizes in the Darcy V with a small being too tight but the Medium too big. I am a petite size 12. That was the only reason I returned it. If you find yourself in the same situation I recommend the Faux Wrap top, the medium fits me perfectly.
- Catherine (12/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Pink IceBeautiful top, fits well, doesn't cling and looks great. Am standard size 12 and M is perfect
- Julia (07/06/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: NimbusLove this top, colour, texture, again would like a couple of inches shorter
- jeanette (15/05/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: WhiteA good wardrobe staple. Comfortable to wear. Very pleased with this top. I went up a size to avoid any 'clinginess',
- Elizabeth (09/05/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Pink IceI have bought three of these tops in different colours. Lovely fit and beautiful winter colours.
- Gillian (02/05/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Chinese BlueColour - Chinese Blue is lovely for spring with jeans or linen trousers. Size is accurate and the length ideal for me - hate tops that gape at waist when tucked in
- Sandra (30/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: MagentaLove this shirt and now have it in three colours! The double front means that it fits smoothly. I'm normally a 12/14 and the medium is a great fit. The style means that it goes with either smart or casual - a proper capsule wardrobe favourite.
- Judith (24/04/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: WhiteAmazing! Have been looking for 3/4 sleeve for ages. Thanks
- Jacquie (12/04/2019)
SIZE: Largei love the new spring colour range, and I have several of the older versions of this top which are brilliant. The new one I bought is a bit long and on the whole I prefer the older version. However, the three-quarter sleeves really suits me.
- Pam (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Cashmere RoseHave bought this in three different colourways from the extensive range available. I am a size 10 and Kettlewell size 10 fits perfectly. The double fabric at the front ensures a smooth finish and it provides an elegant pop of colour both under a jacket and on it's own. Will be a wardrobe staple
- Eleanor (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CampanulaI love the Darcey products with the double layer front because they sit so well and are such good quality. I bought the V neck in a size M - it is a little on the snug side although previous styles I have bought in an M have been fine. I am a size 12/14 so I probably should have bought the L. But I loved the colour (campanula) so much I just kept it! I’d love Kettlewell to do petite sizes as I’m only 5’1 but on this occasion the sizing was fine and the neck isn’t too low. I find the Darcey square neck (which is my absolute favourite style with long sleeves) to be a little too low at the front. I am now looking at other colours to buy (this time in L) as these tops are so useful for work.
- Helen (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CampanulaI like the new campanula color and I do like these tops, but really prefer the older unlined versions. Too thick for warmer weather. I’m not sure why the need for two layers of synthetic material in front so I do not order as many as I would if they were unlined.
- Jan (21/03/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Soft WhiteVery useful for layering under jackets and cardigans and excellent quality as always. The double front is great for a smooth finish but would prefer the bottom edges to be hemmed together to prevent any visible separation of the two layers which can look inelegant.
- Michelle (12/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: EmeraldBeautiful colour of Emerald, and I love the v neck and double front, but the top is very long in the body (I'm 5ft 5in). However it can of course be pulled up a little, and this didn't stop me from keeping it.
- Jill (18/02/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: EmeraldEmerald is such a beautiful colour for me, winter, I wish there were more styles. Darcy V is much too wide on the neck and shoulders but narrow on the midriff and hips, so not for me.
- Chris (30/12/2018)Another ravishing colour from Kettlwell and this is a lovely cut and fit. I bought a Large because I wanted it nice and roomy, although I buy a Small in the camisoles, and am very pleased with the effect. I like the double front too.
- Alisoun (12/11/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Pink IceLove this top, already have it in Nimbus. The "V" neck is not too low. The small size is a perfect fit for me (size 8/10). Nice double front giving it a more finished look. Can easily layer this up for when the weather gets colder.
- Pauline (12/11/2018)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Fiesta OrangeI love the shape of this but hate the double front. It is hard to iron and I find it too bulky. It keeps its shape well, comes in a range of colours but as I found out, a reduced range in XS. I decided to send it back as the orange was too vivid for me and of course I dont like the dreaded double front
- Helen (07/11/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Pink IceWear this top a lot and love the colour
- Penny (16/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyCan't add much more than others. Lovely top, comfortable, I should think it could be worn all year round. Just love knowing that when I order from Kettlewell, the colours are always going to be right.
- Patricia (15/10/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: NimbusBeautiful soft top lovely v neck, I recently purchased this top, then I purchased marie trousers, and silky top. I'm so glad I've found this website, I would never have chose the colours that was suggested but they look fab!
- Suzanne Walker (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: NimbusThis was my first kettlewell purchase. I ordered the small as I am a busty size 10. It is fantastic quality and a superb fit. I will be buying a lot more from kettlwell in the future. As a summer it is so lovely to find beautiful colours
- Mary read (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyLovely colour and fit. Would love to see this in a short sleeve and wider range of colours. Would wear them all the time!
- julia (20/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: NimbusGreat top in a fabulous colour which goes with everything. Size small fits my 8/10 frame very well.
- Pauline (13/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyI was looking for a navy top, and this one is perfect. The M is a good fit me as a size 12/14 and I like the style - the v-neck isn't too low. I find the quality of Kettlewell clothes good, they wash well, and I expect to get a lot of wear out of this top. So although you can buy cheaper tops, the cost per wear makes them good value.
- Felicity (13/08/2018)I have a few of these tops now in various colours. They are good quality with the double front, can be dressed up or down and the colours are fabulous.A true wardrobe staple.
- Jennifer (16/07/2018)First purchase of the silky scoop neck in mallard colour (Just had my colours done and apparently I'm a pastel spring! Gorgeous colour and lovely quality top hence I feel cost justified providing it washes and wears well. Only thing is the sleeves are very long....so long I had to turn them under by about 4inches. I don't care for 3/4 sleeves preferring to keep my arms covered but these are just too long. Would order another but no spring colours available in small.
- KB (14/07/2018)I haven't shopped with Kettlewell before, despite having my colours done about 20 years ago, products always seemed a bit expensive for what they were. However, I am delighted with the Darcey V, especially the double layer at the front which gives a smooth look and preserves the depth of the colour, which is the main reason for buying. Good fit and style so very pleased.
- Coralie Ward (11/07/2018)Love this top - lovely quality, love the style and love the colour. I am delighted to have found this company; the service is excellent and I have been really happy with everything I've bought from the,.
- Catherine Brown (15/06/2018)Liked the quality but think neckline is not the best for mr
- Patricia Langmead (30/05/2018)Very pleased with my purchase. Love the quality of the cotton and it is well made. Wish there was a petite fit for the length of body and sleeves but that is the only minus comment.
- Susan Thomson (23/05/2018)Beautiful pale blue top and perfect fit for me in size small, bust size 32D. I also have pink ice which is lovely too.
- Grace (16/05/2018)I have two of these tops and I really like them as wardrobe staples. Excellent quality and I like the double front. They can be dressed up or down. Perfect.
- Jennifer (14/05/2018)Good fit. Like the V neck with the double front. Bought Mint Pastel shade.
- P Macintyre (30/04/2018)Good fit (I'm 5'1 and size 10 - ordered a small) and lovely colour (mint pastel).
- Dee (16/04/2018)Just love the colour (lobelia), and the V neck too - am tall 5’10” so it’s just right for me. I really like the fabric, but can see that it wouldn’t flatter anyone with a spare tyre.
- Rita (09/04/2018)This is a lovely top. Great fabric, beautifully made and smashing colours. BUT on me the sleeves are too wide. If I go down to a size XS then I'll find it too tight over my boobs. Oh dear. I have however ordered two of the long vest tops. Fingers crossed!
- Jennifer (31/03/2018)beautiful bright soft top in capri blue; really cheerful at the end of winter!
- Anne Haynes (27/03/2018)Bought this in Hyacinth. colour is darker than the photo but I prefer this Love the neckline and style I tend to wear this type of top with trousers so like the length but the short sleeves tops I wear wiht skirts so would prefer the short tees to be shorter in length. Would it be possible to have a choice of two lengths. Most of your tops are far too long for my mum and she loves yours colours, necklines and sleeve lengths
- Gillian Burton (27/03/2018)Lovely colour (lobelia) and fit. Washes well and very wearable with lots of outfits. Quite a low cut V neck but fine with a necklace.
- Susan (24/03/2018)The v neck is cut too low and this top does not fit very well around the neck line .I have returned it .
- diane.l.kelly (19/02/2018)Love this top. Kettlewell Colours are fantastic and quality is great. Price is high and a bit off putting but still worth it.
- Lucy (22/01/2018)My first order from Kettlewell and I’m very impressed. Careful packaging contained a beautifully made top. The apricot colour is both striking and pretty. Rather more expensive than some but that is reflected in the quality. Delighted.
- Dianne (17/01/2018)Delighted with the quality and sizing of the garments. Colours are as vibrant as I'd hoped for (I'm winter). A bit sad that one of the scarves I ordered was out of stock but that means I'll have to be hotter off the mark next time!
- Stephanie (26/12/2017)Absolutely delighted both with the garment and the service. Thank you so much
- Thelma Kerr (07/11/2017)Great staple of my wardrobe. Have had this style for years, wash and wear really well, always get a new Spring colour when available.
- Alison Marsh (19/10/2017)I had to return this top - the V was too deep for me.
- Shirley (03/10/2017)Just arrived and so pleased with it - lovely colour(I am winter) and fabric feels really nice. Quality feels like T shirts used to be before retailers starting cutting corners by using thinner fabrics to reduce prices. You get what you pay for. Well done Kettlewell
- Julia (23/09/2017)I am a clear Spring, and I love the bright peach colour of this top, the length for my long body and the double fronted feature. However, although the bust is great, the size small is just too wide. I haven't spotted an XS in any of the tops in the Kettlewell range, which is a pity, as I would love to be able to reliably purchase the great colours!
- Joanne Elphinston (19/09/2017)Lovely quality, feels so soft and the fact that it is double fronted looks smart for work as well as dressed down for casual. Ordered a medium gives me a nice shape without clinging (I'm normally a size 12 with square shoulders). Bought this top in kiwi - wow what a super colour for warm bright vibrant springs.
- Jane (13/09/2017)Very nice. Fabric much thicker than T Shirt material. Looks expensive on. Did not keep as could only afford one top and went with the sleeveless V as the colour was better. Will be back for this another time!
- Caz (01/09/2017)Bought two colours from my Spring palette and they are gorgeous. Great fit (medium) and the colours received many favourable comments on first outings! Love these 'V' neck tops in the three quarter sleeve and the sleeveless - the latter is great for layering on cooler days. Would love a sleeveless round neck too, for layering under round neck cardigans in the winter - any chance Kettlewell? As always great quality at sensible price - well done.
- Gillie Gomarsall (29/08/2017)This was a great fit, the colour exactly what I wanted and it has washed well. I would now like to buy some in Autumn colours. Sue
- Mrs J S Dundas (24/08/2017)Lovely colour, very comfortable
- NShaw (10/08/2017)Substantial, good quality fabric but the V neck didn't suit me - too deep and I didn't like the finish of the neckline. ..
- Veronica (12/07/2017)I love Kettlewell garments. This is a lovely top great fabric and fit. I have it in other colours.
- Hazel Brock (03/07/2017)So pleased with my soft white top that I decided to go for one in another colour. Tried blue moon and really pleased with the colour which is nice and rich for we autumns.
- Barbara (30/06/2017)Apricot colour is fab for a warm spring.. lovely top the only thing I would say is that it is roomy around the neckline (I ordered a size M) and it also creases pretty easily after you wash it.. otherwise very pleased and inner seam is such a godsend.
- GD (26/06/2017)Great fit. Lovely colour and fabric. I am looking forward to purchasing another in the next colour range.
- Elaine (23/06/2017)Good quality and nice fit. I like the shaping. I would prefer it to be an inch or two longer
- Wendy van den Hende (20/06/2017)I ordered two darcy v tops in paradise and ice blue in size 12. Beautiful colours and fit perfectly. Quality garments that have washed fine. I ordered a bright apricot but returned as colour didnt suit and the refund was very quick. This is a good company to deal with.
- Anne (08/06/2017)Love this top style excellent & colour gorgeous
- Kath (08/06/2017)lovely colour, excellent quality, style did not suit
- Theresa W (04/06/2017)A great top, especially as it is a bit longer than most T shirts so does not leave an ugly gap above mid rise jeans. Also the V is not too low, and looks good under a jacket. I agree with Val that it is comfortable and flattering.
- fiona (29/05/2017)This is a great top, lovely fabric, wonderful fit and perfect colour!
- Holly (24/05/2017)The quality and the colour are great had to order large as quite small fitting. For me I would have preferred the neck to be smaller as too many bones showing but that is my age and why I always buy full or three quarter sleeves.
- Mrs M Hall (12/05/2017)I like everything about this top. The colour is gorgeous ( exactly as shown) and the material is luxurious with just the right amount of give. It is slightly longer than other tops which makes it very comfortable and more flattering.
- Val Carter (09/05/2017)