Reviews of Betty Cowl
Add your review
If you have had an unfavourable experience please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review. We are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted anonymously.
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Ice BlueVery elegant top which is great as a more dressy alternative to a T shirt. Lovely with stone or denim jeans and a nice shoe!. If you're between sizes , go up rather than down. I'm a small 12, and often get small [for example, in the Cara top,] but had to exchange for medium in this one. The material is silky but not shiny-very attractive- but if you have a REAL thing about your tummy, it may not be the top for you. Its slightly clingy but the ruching is quite forgiving and in my opinion, its very flattering. Goes really well with short cascade wrap. Personally, I think the price is fine for something so classy and so different. Also, when I exchanged size S for M, they were very quick and efficient. I love my ice blue one, and have just ordered another in mushroom. Would also like soft white but out of stock at the moment.
- Susan (20/06/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Campanulaclassy top, love the colour and fit.
- Christine (20/06/2019)
SIZE: LargeStyle was great, love scoop necks. Colour lovely and quality was excellent as per all my garments brought. Had to send back as colour didn’t work with a skirt I bought from Kettlewell last year. Have ordered alternative colour.
- Amanda (19/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Chinese BlueI had admired the Betty Cowl for quite some time but sadly, when I finally ordered one, I found it did not suit my shape (big bust) and I did not feel I looked particularly good in it. The garment itself was well made, soft fabric and a vibrant blue, so I was very disappointed that I could not do it justice! The returns process was easy though and for that I am very grateful.
- Alison (12/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Ice BlueNice quality material and flattering shape - lovely!
- Penny (07/06/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteA flattering ,versatile top and a lovely silky fabric. Just need some sunshine so I can wear it more.
- Sara (07/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Bright NavyLightweight top, neck falls nicely, very flattering, true to size I’m a 12 ordered M
- Becky (05/06/2019)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteI love this top; the cowl neck is so flattering and in the right size, it hugs the body (I had to size down from usual small to extra small for this top). I have two of these tops in soft white and mushroom, both of which I was able to pair with a same colour, short cascade wrap. And I would buy more if available in one of my colours AND able to pair with a matching short or mid cascade wrap. So, my only request to Kettlewell is to have more tops and wraps in same colours.
- Catherine (30/05/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Bright NavyAbsolutely the most wonderful, soft elegant top! i have never ordered from Kettlewell before but love this top! ( only disappointed not available in white or cream!)
- Jeanine (29/05/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: MushroomBought this top in Raspberry last year and it is so lovely that recently purchased another in Mushroom. The fabric is so soft and the draping at the front is very flattering to a less than perfect figure! Good quality material that washes well.
- Judith (11/05/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Cerise PinkTwo further cowl tops, cerise and navy. I have a turquoise one already. Great quality and flattering for big boobs. I think a few slightly lower tops in the Kettlewell collection would be good. A higher neck makes a larger chest look a bit like a shelf! These tops are very good indeed. Cerise is gorgeous
- Ali D (11/05/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: CharcoalElegant shape with lovely draping and good quality material. Looks lovely on. It is a shame it does not come in pure black as well! I'll be looking at other colours if I need to match something.
- Bleupasse (08/05/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: PoppyI love this top! Silky fabric, draping elegant neckline, pretty ruching at the side seams, gorgeous red colour, great top to wear with my new boot leg jeans and heels. Size M fit me perfectly (I'm standard size 12 high street).
- Romilie (05/05/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Chinese BlueI was sorry when this arrived as I had high hopes having wanted a sleeveless cowl for some time. The colour was not as expected and did not match my silk evening skirt. It was meant for a ball and did not suit purpose. I am petite but curvy and the cowl hung too deep and did not sit well on me. This fabric too. Sorry I had to return it.
- Susan (03/05/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: HawaiiI bought the Betty Cowl top to go with a skirt that has been tricky to match colours with - Kettlewell had 2 colours that would have worked! I’m pleased with the top, it’s good quality and a lovely drapery fabric. I’m usually a medium (size 12) but found this top too large, so exchanged it for a small one, which is fine.
- Amanda (01/05/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Bright NavyLove this top ordered a small as it has a low front, still a bit low for we oldies I think but I shall keep it.
- Sandra (23/04/2019)
SIZE: SmallLove this top. Bought it in the new colour laguna which goes beautifully with my Marie pebble trousers. Laguna is a deep teal and I will be ordering other styles in the colour. I am a sixe 8 so ordered a small size as I didnt want it tooo tight and it was perfect. Very flattering.
- Joyce (15/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Tree TopLovely top and a great fit (I am size 14-16 and tried a Large). However, the fabric, while a good weight, is quite shiny and I felt this didn’t really work for me in the very bright green. I needed a softer colour or a matt finish. So sadly this one has gone back. As always, a very prompt refund - thank you Kettlewell.
- Lisa B (02/10/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: CoffeeSo pleased with this top! I recently purchased the tan brown colour and had so many nice comments - so I bought the Emerald Green one too! Some cowl necks can be too droopy, but this one sits just right - it can be dressed up and worn with smart trousers and heels, or looks great with jeans. Will be buying more colours!
- Angela Jelf (23/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Antique MossThe Betty Cowl is gorgeous ! Material washes, dries and irons really well. The size is perfect and fits well. The colours are lovely - I have most of my seasons colours in it. I’d definitely recommend to all seasons !
- Loraine Burnett (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: SunflowerNice top in a lovely colour, soft material. A bit clingy but I probably should’ve bought the next size up!
- Sian (22/09/2018)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Pink IceI loved this top which looks very elegant and feminine; especially nice with a contrasting short cascade wrap. Glad I read the reviews and sized down. The iced pink colour is ok, bit powdered, not like my winter swatch. Contrasts well with navy.
- Mrs Richardson (20/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Antique MossLove this! Have it now in 3 Autumn colours: Coffee, Antique Moss, & Heliotrope. True to size, though as with all/most Kettlewell items, this is long (because of the rouching it isn't really noticeable). Kettlewell, how about same thing but with long sleeves for cooler weather...?
- Suzy (12/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: SunflowerLove it! This top is just perfect. Wear it with jeans for a casual look or with smarter trousers or skirts for a smart evening look. It is not to clingy so does not reveal every extra bit of flesh round my waist. I am a size 12 and bought the medium. I have it in several colours and am just waiting for the other colours to come back in stock!
- Penny O'Regan (06/08/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: RaspberryThis is a great top, true to size (I’m a 12 & bought the M) the cowl neck sits really well & I feel it’s a style that can be dressed up or down. I wore it for the first time to a dinner with friends and got a lot of positive comments. Very easy to wash & just a light iron needed, no colour run! I’d get more but I think they’re all out of stock in my size/colour!
- Heidi Whitaker (27/07/2018)This was the first purchase I have made from Kettlewell Colours and it certainly won’t be the last! What a beautiful top... the material is gorgeous.... so soft and beautiful to wear and a beautiful style with an amazing choice of colours. Very true to size too. I am a size 14 so ordered the large and it fits perfectly. Would highly recommend.
- Catherine (17/07/2018)Lovely pale pink colour and liked the cowl neck. Unfortunately it wasn't for me as the arm holes were too big and the top was slightly too clingy to wear for work so returned the item. Delivery was quick and returns process very good too.
- Helen Adamson (19/06/2018)This was my first order of the new XS size and it was perfect. The fit is fantastic. I'm sure I wasn't alone in having requested that Kettlewell consider bringing out a smaller size, so thank you for listening to your customers and responding. Love it.
- Jo (18/06/2018)These are gorgeously flattering tops, and the material feels lovely and hangs perfectly. Unfortunately, the material also bobbles badly - after only one short outing mine really didn't look as lovely as it did half an hour previously, after my bag rubbed it. Full marks to Kettlewell's customer services who offered a replacement with the speediest turnaround of any customer service department I have ever met, but clearly this fabric is just one of those which bobbles. I was advised to use a fabric shaver on it (reluctant - I'm pretty cack-handed and can already visualise myself snagging the actual fabric and making a hole - it's not like a woolly jumper), but feel a bit miffed about paying quite a lot for a top made of a fabric which can't really withstand the normal rigours of going into town and back.
- Rachel (06/06/2018)My daughter bought me a couple of tops in different colours - it was the first time either of us had bought from you - and they are fabulous. Great fit. Great quality and love the colours.
- Michele McLusky (05/06/2018)I love this top. I bought it in small as I am small to medium and it is a perfect fit. When I wear something over the top I sometimes wear the top back to front for a more tailored look. I love everything about Kettlewell. The quality is fantastic and to be able to select your perfect colours is such a bonus. There really is no excuse for not looking sensational.
- Angela Alston (01/06/2018)Returned for smaller size, but exactly what I have been looking for
- S. Maiden (31/05/2018)I couldn’t take my eyes off the horizontal lines across the chest below where the cowl finishes. I felt that detracted from the look of the blouse so sadly a miss on this one
- Jauncey Alexandra (24/05/2018)The top is of great quality, although the colour is little more intense than on the PC screen. Also the fit in S is rather too big, so I'm exchanging for XS.
- Martina Lamschová (22/05/2018)This is a very stylish top. It is comfortable and looks smart.
- Jenny E (21/05/2018)Purchased 2 tops from the Autumn colours. They are silky smooth and a lovely, flattering fit, particularly flattering for the fuller bust and a stylish Summer must. Struggling to find nice colours in the high street shops this season, well done Kettlewell.
- BrandyJ (17/05/2018)Love these and the lime one has added to my collection. Great to dress up or down and I have them in a wide variety of colours in my palette
- Liz (17/05/2018)Lovely top, the style is very flattering and the fabric is soft and silky. I bought one to take on holiday and enjoyed wearing it so much I bought another on our return.
- Gail Warburton (14/05/2018)These are lovely tops. Soft and silky. They look good worn casually, but look particularly good under a jacket for a smarter look-the cowl shaped neck is really elegant. Perfect for travel-creases just drop out. Great choice of colours-will definitely buy more.
- Eva Davison (30/04/2018)Flattering style. Pretty colour and true to size.
- Christine (26/04/2018)I adore this colour and the cowl neck/ruched style is so flattering for those with generous cleavage. I’ll definitely be buying this in several colours.
- Sue Bough (22/04/2018)Fabulous colour (the coral) and not too clingy . True to size (14) and flattering and unusual cowl neckline.
- Dinah (19/04/2018)Lovely top, gracious drape and very flattering and not too clingy. Will order more of this in other colours.
- Ann (18/04/2018)I ordered the antique moss (the colour is amazing!) in my usual medium size and it fits nicely. (I am size 12 on the high street.) The cowl neck is graceful and it doesn't pull across the bust, which I was afraid it might do. The packaging is always immaculate and delivery quick to NZ. Very happy.
- Laura (09/04/2018)I ordered the top in the three shades of pink and have kept all three! Lovely material and the neckline is so flattering.
- Denise Sheldon-Lees (05/04/2018)Loved the colour (antique moss) and the style but it was too tight for me around the middle so was returned..
- Irene Thomas (05/04/2018)Absolutely adore the very smart coffee colour. Am not quite sure about sizing on this one -- I was delighted that XS sizing has now been offered across the range, and in the other tops it is ideal, but in this design, as with the jersey collared shirt, it is too tight across the bust. I am going to try the small because I just love the design and colour: crossing my fingers because it would be a very useful top!
- Joanne (03/04/2018)Ordered mandarin in a LL (I am a size 14 but didn’t want it too clingy) it fits beautifully and is very stylish, the colour is amazing, I am addicted to Kettlewell colours!
- Lisa (24/03/2018)I ordered Lobelia expecting a purple colour, but it turned out to be almost identical to a sapphire top I have already so I have returned it. This lobelia colour is blue not purple as you might think from the colour chart and is not consistent with House of Colour colour chart either. Lovely draping style. Neck is not that low which might not suit some.
- Julia (13/03/2018)