Reviews of Milan Knit Crew
Add your review
If you have had an unfavourable experience please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review. We are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted anonymously.
SIZE: LL COLOUR: True Blue MarlThis is the second Milan Knit jumper I have bought. It is stylish and a wonderfully soft material - perfect for spring or autumn. I have gone up a size so that I can layer it over a shirt in the winter too. Would love it in more colours for Winter colouring - also more colours in the Milan Knit cardigan for the coming cooler season.
- Sue (14/08/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: RaspberryIt was a beautiful jumper. Sadly, the fabric was not as smooth as I had expected for a merino wool garment.It was too prickly so I had to return. A great buy if you are ok with wool.
- Wendy (13/08/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: HennaI am a Blue Autumn, so I bought this jumper in the Henna. Lovely deep and rich Autumn colour that goes with everything in my wardrobe.
- Hannah (05/08/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Light SilverThis top has several plus points for me. Crew neck, long sleeves and made of natural fibres. I am size 10 and size S is a good fit on me. Purchased in the sale so good value
- Patricia (29/07/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Antique TealThis is the second Milan Knit Crew I have purchased and snapped it up in the sale to 'kick start' my winter wardrobe. My previous knit washed well so I have no concerns about this one, although at the moment it is sitting in a drawer awaiting the cooler weather. I wouldn't have chosen this colour normally but there was a limited selection in the sale. I shall look forward to wearing it and accessorising it with a Florence Infinity scarf to give it a pop of colour.
- Lynne (29/07/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Light SilverThis is the second Milan Knit Crew that I have bought (apple before - gorgeous colour). Kettlewell - you are filling my wardrobe!! I am size 10 and small fits perfectly. Perfect weight for me (can add a camisole if chilly in winter) and not itchy as I find so many sweaters. Good value in sale too.
- Mary-Jane (23/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: HennaLove the fabric and the style of this jumper, it fit beautifully. Was really disappointed with the colour, I expected henna to be a reddish brown, however it has a burgundy hue, so sadly have returned it.
- Margaret (23/07/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: True Blue MarlBought this, having returned the slash neck merino because that one wasn’t just boxy but more “kimono”. This is so much better because it’s loosely fitted and much more flattering. The cotton mix is soft and warm. I’m 5’6” and it reaches to my lower hip. Haven’t washed it yet, so only 4stars till I know it keeps its shape.
- Toots (28/05/2019)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Celestial BlueStyle too long on my petite 5'1" frame. Looked a bit dowdy on.
- alison (25/03/2019)
COLOUR: True Blue MarlGreat addition to my wardrobe, received a very nice comment when i wore it with my light silver infinity scalf.
- Suzanne (19/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: True Blue MarlThis is the second Milan Knit Crew. Love the shape, the round neck and the fact it has a high cotton count mixed with merino. Only down side was I risked a gentle wool machine cycle on my first purchase and it stretched in the arms and length. Please make Kettlewell jumpers to withstand a gentle wool machine wash without risk of shrinkage or stretch.
- Anne (04/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Deep MulberryI love this shirt. It's soft, warm & looks great with a scarf added.
- Shelly (04/02/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft AppleBeautiful colour not often seen on the high street, lovely soft knit, but oh the style - or lack of it! Very frumpy mainly due to the extra length, shapeless, loose and very unbecoming, not at all flattering so sadly it went back. Shame.
- Ann (20/12/2018)
SIZE: LLMarvellous Marino wool (I exchanged the Milan for the marino slash neck ) I now have three of these, they have a lovely loose fit, I’m hoping for more neck styles in this fit & wool ( also even more colours !) I am a size 16 & the LL is perfect.
- Helen (17/12/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Sunshine YellowLove the feel and colour but sizing a little large and there is no yellow in extra small. Am waiting for stock of extra small in apple as I will send the small I have purchased back for an exchange. great feel to it and washes well.
- Janet (10/12/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: True Blue MarlI bought the Milan jumper in True Blue, using the colour guide for 'Winters' on the website. The very first day I wore it, two people said how nice it looked and that the colour really suited me! It is a great weight for autumn, and washes well. It is a bit bigger than other Kettlewell tops in the same size, but I just roll the cuffs up. I'd like to buy another one soon.
- Alexandra (10/12/2018)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Soft AppleI have 2 of these tops - in soft apple and the honey colour. Sizing a little more generous than some kettlewell pieces. Both have washed and worn well and have proved very versatile and soft. I tend to wear mine tucked into a pencil skirt for work. Would recommend and would buy more if there were more colour options in Xs
- Katrina (01/11/2018)
SIZE: SmallI own several of these and agree with the reviewer who felt that they look like school uniform jumpers but I am able to accessorize these to my liking. I normally wear a medium in these but sized down this time to a small and find the look much better for me, I am tall and thin. Also took a chance on the paprika and love it! I am a pastel, slightly toned Spring. Wishing and hoping Kettlewell brings back the cashmere/ cotton mix.
- Jan (25/10/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Snow WhiteThis jumper is perfect for Autumn - and Spring too. It has a lovely soft feel. I am a size 14/16 and usually order a size L but I have gone up a size so I can layer it over a shirt for extra warmth. It is a lovely soft winter white - a colour I have been after for some time but have found it difficult to,find in other brands. It is quite expensive but I am sure I will wear it a lot this coming season and beyond. Would love to buy it in other colours too.
- Sue (04/10/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Deep MulberryI'm a tall size 14 and ordered a large Milan knit. I am keeping it and enjoy wearing it but it seems a little larger than some of the other garments I have ordered from Kettlewell in size Large. The sleeves are quite long too - I have turned them over at the wrist, which works fine. Deep Mulberry is a lovely colour. I have hand washed it but have yet to iron it.
- lynne (01/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Sunshine YellowPerfect transitional jumper. Lovely colour that brightens up any day and is so difficult to find in the shops. Washes well and looks as good as it did the day I bought it! Perfect with jeans and wellies on the rugby touch line cheering on the kids!
- EJ (25/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Raspberrydelighted with this sweater. beautiful colour and fits perfectly. looks great with tartan skirt and navy tights. Lovely for the start of the autumn season, I have already worn it 3 times. quite expensive but worth if it lasts washes well.
- P.R. (24/09/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft AppleI bought this in the apple green colour, in a large. I take size 16. It's beautiful and I'm probably going to buy another! It's long, coming down to my lower hips,(I'm 5 foot 8 inches tall.) The colour is lovely and difficult to find in high street shops. The quality is good, comfortable to wear against the skin. It is not really a winter item. On a cold day you'd be chilly in this without a gilet on top! For autumn it's perfect. Haven't washed it yet so cannot comment on that aspect, but being from kettlewell I'm sure it'll be fine.
- Sharon Wright (24/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: HoneyBought the honey colour - lovely colour, not seen in the shops and a soft variation of camel. I am size 10/12 and bought the medium which is a good fit and the wool is very soft. I will be wearing this a lot as it suits my colouring.
- Diana Woodward (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Deep MulberryI bought this in the deep mulberry. What a gorgeous colour and it goes so well with the rest of my summer wardrobe! I also chose the small which is not particularly fitted on me. However that’s what I was looking for in a jumper and it goes well with my jeans,trousers and skirts. It is too long in the arms and I have to fold them back but I chose it as a casual rather than smart jumper so I don’t mind. It is also very soft and snuggly. All in all just what I was looking for and already a firm favourite!
- Caroline Miller (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Celestial BlueNice fit but I expected it to be softer. Bought in the pale blue and it is quite drab so I might exchange for a brighter colour. Again I can't see how to make a few good and affordable investment outfits with the other colourways - I'm a summer but I need some bright colours without going into festival fuschia or purples which are OTT for me and hard for me to wear as I need less contrast. I love Kettlewell but I'm struggling to adapt it to the reality of my wardrobe - think typical English rose coloring (!) working mum, dog walks - need more mid price ranged easy to wear uplifting colours without being boring or too neutral. I'm bored of grey and red and navy but I can't justify spending £130 on the blackberry shirt jacket which is the one item this year that would pull a lot of the items together.
- Sarah Willis-Owen (12/09/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: RaspberryThis jumper is lovely. I am size 14, 37bust and 5feet 6inches tall. Got the large size and it fits perfectly, just the right lengh and raspberry colour is really good too
- Barbara Price (15/08/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: HennaMy order arrived promptly. I ordered a size L for me as a 14. The jumper fitted well and the wool was lovely and soft. However, the colour "Henna" for me as a "Blue Autumn" was completely wrong, so I had to send it back. The refund arrived in my account by return. I have bought many things over the years from Kettlewell and have always been impressed with the service. I rely on them to find my colours when Autumn colours are "not in fashion" as far as Paris is concerned. Thank you Kettlewell. Please bring out more suitable Autumn colours in this style of jumper.
- Frances (25/07/2018)Im a size 14. Slim but 38 inch bust. I bought this sweater in white and Large and will be taking it on trips to Europe in the summer. It is a simple and neat cut which can be worn for a sporty minimal look or dressed up with accessories. Looks good with skirts or trousers and can be slipped over a maxi dress for a different look. Provided I don’t drop red wine or bbq sauce on it I hope to be wearing this for for some time
- Christina (14/06/2018)As always I am very happy with this latest purchase from Kettlewell! Great fit, quality and colour.
- Carol Everett (05/06/2018)The strawberry is a perfect colour for me as a paintbox spring. I’m a 10/12 in the high street and the medium works well. Especially as I’m broad shouldered. It washes well and I give it a light iron. Thoroughly recommend.
- Sarah Yules (25/04/2018)I bought this jumper in Celestial Blue as it looks amazing on the website. Unfortunately, I had to return it as it did not live up to my expectations. The colour was really drab and very disappointing. I ordered it again in Snow White as I thought you can't go wrong with white. Although the fit is fine and the style is as expected, it seems you can go wrong with white and this is creamier than the website photo suggests. I would like to try other colours but this experience has made me a little apprehensive. Perhaps if it looks too bright on the website, it will be just right.
- Lesley (24/04/2018)Have three of these, neckline a true crew neck and suits my narrow frame. Dubious about washing them due to wool content but so far they’ve survived the process just fine.
- Jane D (12/04/2018)A little too long in the sleeve but the body was correct fit. I did not like it with the culottes as in the catalogue. Returned the item.
- Kay Rackham (04/04/2018)A very versatile spring knit in a very beautiful colour. Now the weather is finally warming up this will be worn regularly as it can be part of a casual or smart outfit. It also has a flattering slim fit so looks great under a jacket. I seem to fall between two seasons in terms of colours but this slightly faded orange is certainly one for me. Kettlewell has a unique offer in terms of colour against other brands.
- Clare Furlonger (03/04/2018)I ordered this in soft apple, which is a really clean fresh shade of green, perfect for spring - not a colour I could find in the high street. The neckline is flattering as it is not too high, and you can show a pop of colour from the neckline of a contrasting top worn underneath. I am 5'4", so this is a bit longer on me than on the model, but quite fitted (size S, I'm 10 on top) so still looks neat. In fact the longer style works well with the longer necklaces which are in style currently. I think I will wear this a lot!
- piano girl (24/03/2018)Now that the weather is turning colder again, I am very pleased that the weight is just right to wear with a cardigan or jacket, but still not too hot for spring and autumn weather. Colours are great too.
- Fiona Tilston-Jones (24/03/2018)This is my fourth Milan crew, I love them - thank you for the new colours. There is enough difference between last year's 'strawberry' and this year's 'raspberry 'to warrant this new purchase...
- kate (12/03/2018)I labsolutely ove this jumper.! The colour is beautiful. Not a colour you would ever find in the shops. The style is straightforward, and comfortable to wear. I would wear this every day! I think I need to get one in a range of colours. It is perfect for my Summer colouring, and that’s the thing I love most about Kettlewell Colours clothes - being able to shop by colour/season. This is the second item I have bought from Kettlewell, and I am equally thrilled with both. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so relieved to have discovered this lovely company.
- Sue Forsdike (10/03/2018)The reason I bought this jumper was because the colour is a good match to a skirt, cardigan and trousers I already have. I like the style, with the side slits and expect to wear it a lot on Spring days.
- Rosemary Hunt (24/02/2018)I loved this top and have several colours - it is a good weight for the days that are not so cold. I love the style, long with little splits at the sides. It looks lovely with a complimentary scarf.
- Sheila Wilkins (25/01/2018)During the restocking of my winter wardrobe I have made several Kettlewell purchases and have been really pleased with all of them. I am size 12 and found the medium fitted well although for me the sleeves are just a little too long. I really like the longer style and in particularly cold weather have opted to wear it over a white shirt. I think that the very plain knit is chic and looks 'expensive'. I'd really like to see more colours.
- Carol (14/12/2017)I was expecting a much thicker top - especially given the price. I will not be warm enough in this with a thermal vest underneath during the winter. I am already wearing a fleece on top and it isn’t even November yet. It is plain - so fits my non-fussy requirements, but others may consider it boring!
- Katie Barnes (31/10/2017)My first purchase from Kettlewell, I'm impressed with the quality of the jumper, love the unusual colour too. Seems a good fit and a great weight for this time of year.
- Serena (18/10/2017)This was a nice quality jumper and the colour good, but the style just didn't suit me. It looked too plain and reminded me a bit of a school uniform jumper.
- Hilary (03/10/2017)This is a super jumper , it looks good (my friend says chic)) and is very versatile.I bought cream and have worn it with trousers, jeans and a straight skirt , and often with one of my colourful Kettlewell scarves, perfect for these Autumn days. I am 10/12 and ordered Medium which is fine. I will definitely be ordering the merino wool version of this jumper for the Winter, when I can decide on which colour.
- Hazel (24/09/2017)I now have two of these tunics and I wish I had more! The knit is great, they wash well and I can see that they will be an autumnal favourite.
- Kim Williamson (20/09/2017)I love these jumpers, long enough for my 5ft 10 frame, beautiful colours, and stylish. I have 3, and tried the blue to add to my collection, unfortunately it did not suit me, so I had to return it. I hope you will introduce some more colours.
- kate (17/07/2017)These are fantastic jumpers. A good mid weight jumper for spring and autumn in Scotland, nice long length and I appreciate the full length sleeve. I have the strawberry and the sunshine yellow both excellent on blue springs and about to purchase the true blue marl too.
- Hilary Hayes (08/06/2017)The jumper is very soft and comfortable. The style is classic and looks good with jeans and skirts. I have tried it under sleeveless summer dresses and that looks good too. My granddaughter has her eye on it and will probably 'borrow it' when Im not looking, bless her. I will certainly buy garments like this again and feel confident in recommending it without reservation.
- Mary McNeil (08/06/2017)Great fit, lovely colour and good quality. Very happy with my purchase.
- Nina Brown (29/05/2017)Lovely Summer jumper, looks good, fits well and perfect for my cruise! A nice longer length too which is a bonus. Kettlewell always come up trumps.
- Rosemary (26/05/2017)Bought this sweater in Paprika and the first time I wore it a woman came up to me and said how much she loved the colour. Turned out she also bought from Kettlewell and was also an "autumn"! I love this sweater and I'm sure I will wear it often.
- Celia (13/05/2017)Good quality sweater with no horrid man made fibres! Will wear and wear it. Very flattering blue....Nice neckline too.
- Vivien (11/05/2017)Just bough the sweater in deep mulberry. This is a beautiful colour and needless to say looks fab! The sweater fits well and is very flattering plus it provides that much needed layer in our uncertain climate.
- Desiree (08/05/2017)More colours, please! I have this in all of my colours now, and would buy more. I am tall, with a long body and long arms, and this fits perfectly. I would not describe this colour as Paprika, more the inside of a honeydew melon - the brochure shade is about right. Please would you do an article on which colours compliment each other? I'd like a scarf to go with this.
- kate (08/05/2017)Crossover was too big on the chest but the crew is a good fit and shape. Useful for layering in chilly spring. I got deep mulberry. Nice, but a little milky and 'faded'. Goes well with jeans.
- Myra Connell (27/04/2017)I bought the red, and it is a lovely colour, definitely strawberry. It's a good length on me ( I am 5'9" with a long torso) and the large size is perfect for my size (14).sleeves perfect length too. Washed well, and I will be wearing it a lot this spring. Will buy more colours
- Amanda (18/04/2017)Quality natural fibre jumper with no polyester! Wonderful for my sensitive skin. A lovely weight for changeable spring weather. Good neck height and length for my 5' 4". I purchased all three of my winter colours. Only niggle for me was the sleeve length was too long but with sleeve turned back into a cuff length it was fine but would have preferred not to have to do this. Please Kettlewell produce trousers in natural fibre (eg cotton, viscose, elastane) without the high polyester content in the styles you have at present.
- Anne Prestwich (14/04/2017)Lovely top, comfortable to wear over a shirt. Perfect for spring weather. It feels good quality. I am never disappointed with anything from Kettlewell and usually buy two or three tops every year
- gina wallwork (10/04/2017)Loved the Strawberry so much that I purchased the Mulberry. Again, I would not say that this is true to colour shown, more a wine shade, but the colour suits me, so again very happy with this purchase. I think this may not be the easiest colour to match up, but looks good with pale gray trousers.
- Kate Morris (29/03/2017)Ordered this in two autumn colours, the cream and the teal. I have a weakness for cream jumpers but they do need to be refreshed more often than other colours! The teal is a lovely subtle shade and the fabric is gorgeously soft without being fluffy. I ordered the medium which was a very neat fit but not quite large enough to layer anything more than a vest underneath, so I've returned them for the large which I'm eagerly awaiting! I'm a 12 in most high street brands and seem to take a range of Kettlewell sizes in different items but the returns process is so smooth that it's not a problem to return things. I only discovered the brand last summer - which led to me having my colours done - and I've had a bit of a splurge since then as I revamp my wardrobe! Life in colour indeed!
- Kate (27/03/2017)I was thrilled with this new knitwear. It is of a very light consistency but at the same time warm for the kind of spring and autumn that we are used to. It fits beautifully, dropping down to the hips with a little slit on each side. I have been buying from Kettlewell for many years - maybe A couple of tops each year. Only once have I had to return something because it did not fit and the service I received was exceptional.
- Libby Cooper (25/03/2017)I have always struggled to find knitwear that fits and suits me, I am 5ft petite with quiet a large bust, so knitwear often swamps me. This top I brought in medium (M) cream and strawberry fits perfectly for my frame. The quality is great and perfect for any occasion to dress up or down. Thank you
- Jenna F (21/03/2017)Nicely shaped, light weight, longer jumper . I purchased the strawberry, which is a slightly stronger colour than shown on the site, but suits me. I have just tried it with navy trousers, and it is ideal. I am tall and need a size 16 top, and find the Large (L) fits perfectly - I usually need (LL) in jersey items.
- Kate (20/03/2017)