Reviews of Cotton Blazer
Add your review
If you have had an unfavourable experience please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review. We are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. We are unable to contact you from a review as they are submitted anonymously.
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: NavyA well made true to size quality jacket which was a perfect fit on my petite 5’ 2” frame but I did find the sleeves rather slim and as I prefer to wear shirts underneath decided to return,sadly, but excellent value in the sale.
- Meg (22/10/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft BlackberryReally comfortable and washes well. Lovely colour too (I went for the blackberry, though I wouldn't wear it with a bright green scarf for fear of looking like the Joker!) Wouldn't have bought it at full price though, as it was just too expensive.10
- Charlie (17/10/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Oatmeal MelangeThis was my first purchase from Kettlewell and it was a good experience from start to finish. Of course the color is perfect. Both the fabric and construction are high quality. Best of all is the fit. The princess lines flatter my figure, the length of the jacket hits my pear shape at just the right place, and the sleeves are long enough. To find long enough sleeves in the shorter jacket is a challenge. Being my first purchase, I had questions and customer support quickly responded to my email answering all my questions. I am in the USA and my package arrived much sooner than I expected. Because of the color, fit, and quality, it was well worth the foreign postage. Thank you Kettlewell.
- Carole (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyThis is my first purchase from Kettlewell and I really love my blazer. I've struggled to find a blazer that fits right and I feel comfortable in. I've only worn this blazer once or twice but so far it's fab! I am a pear shape and usually 10/12 on top and 14 on the bottom and the medium fits me well. Blazers often are too boxy and unflattering, but this skims over my waist without being too tight. Even better that I picked it up in the sale!
- Kristina (17/09/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Grey MelangeI LOVE my Cotton Blazer! I urge everyone to consider this item if you are lucky enough to be a size that is still available in the sale. It's well made, smart and/or casual depending what you wear it with. I'd not considered a grey jacket - being a Winter I am always drawn to vivid, jewel colours. However the grey acts like a neutral that I can wear all my vibrant colours with. It looks great with dark dyed jeans and a bright top for those of us who need contrast. There are other gorgeous colours too for other seasons. What a find! Thankyou Kettlewell.
- Patricia Atkinson (05/09/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Grey MelangeLovely blazer. I am a size 14/16 and a bit unsure about which size to order. After reading reviews I ordered a Large which fits perfectly. This is a new colour for me but I am enjoying wearing it as it is very versatile. Will be looking to order another one in a different colour.
- Joanne Rydon (24/08/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyBeautiful blazer which fits like a glove. Great quality!
- Katherine Fitchett (20/08/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: BlushOrdered this jacket in blush. Was delighted with it. The fit was good and the colour spot on for my autumn palette. I therefore decided that I had to have the autumn purple coloured one as well, which I also love.
- Janet Prager (08/08/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Grey MelangePerfect little grey jacket, I’m 5ft3ins and a size 16. Arm length great, one button - just right and cool Cotten, best of all. will go with many things! Love it. I ordered the L.
- Thelma (27/07/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: LaurelI purchased this jacket in Teal when the design first came out a couple of seasons ago. I loved it and the fit was fabulous (medium). I am short-waisted so some of the complaints others had didn't refer to me it fitted perfectly, the length was just right and the button sat at the waist. A great all rounder that could be worn anywhere. As I loved it so much I ordered the Laurel this season and was very disappointed as the fit seemed to be totally different. It was too big, too long and the button not on the waist. As Kettlewell have introduced another size I sent the medium back and tried small in the hope that the fit had changed. Unfortunately this was a tad too small. Really disappointed as its such a useful jacket.
- Sue Hardgrave (26/07/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Grey MelangeGreat little unstructured blazer - just right for wearing to smarten up jeans. I bought the grey in the sale and it will be a fab addition to my wardrobe with a colourful T and scarf - I'm a spring. Not much chance to wear yet in the heatwave but it will be so useful - good fit - I'm an hourglass size 14 so chose L - it shows off my waist and good fit on the bust.
- Jenny Oakley (25/07/2018)Already have this blazer in the red, and have just brought the navy in the sale.the fit, cut and material are great and it washes a treat. I am a petite size 10, and buy a small. all your clothes fit me really well. So please don't change your sizing.
- Louise (12/07/2018)I bought this in navy first and love it so much I now have it in green and purple too! It's smart but washable and can be worn at work or when out and about. Ideal for an evening out on holiday. I am an 8-10 and bought S which fits really well.
- Cate (02/07/2018)I bought the blush in an xs and I’m really pleased with it. The colour is paler than I normally wear (usually prefer bright spring colours) but I’ve worn it quite a bit for work over a dress or Breton top and slim trousers and received a few compliments. Would definitely purchase more colours should they become available.
- Katrina (19/06/2018)Lovely neat little jacket. Soft good quality cotton. Would love another one!
- Jenny (15/06/2018)I was looking for a 100% cotton (inside and out) jacket and was very pleased to find this. Machine washable too! I am a size 10 and went for the Medium as I didn't want it tight fitting around the waist. The fit was good - just the right length but very slightly longer would have been fine too. Sleeve length good. Two buttons would be better. I am an Autumn, so unfortunately the Navy colour was not good on me. I really hope to see this in more colours - French Navy, Sultry Navy. Marine Blue/Navy/Teal, Mole, Dark Pebble Grey - or other warm mid blues and greys. Had it been less expensive I would have given the green colour a go, although not usually something I wear.
- Angela (22/05/2018)Really like this blazer, especially the length! Unfortunately for me, some of the reviews mentioned it ran large, so I ordered down a size. It was too small, and I've returned it for my normal size. Can't wait to receive it! I'm sure I'll wear it often and might even purchase in a different color.
- Rita (18/05/2018)My Cotten blazer was great.Stylish and goes with any outfit casual or dressy.I am seriously thinking of purchasing it in another colour I have got Blush nowl would recamend it to all my friends.Thank You. Lynne Jones
- Lynnejones (17/05/2018)Well made jacket, but quite a thick jersey and a bit heavy for summer. The colour was not as vibrant as I'd hoped for, so this item was returned.
- Musicgirl (17/05/2018)I was disappointed with the quality, and the fit, which was a bit boxy and it came up too short for me. So I send it back.
- Nicola Bunting (16/05/2018)This is a great fitting jacket. Often jackets pucker on the shoulders but this one lays very flat. Great fit for a shorter lady. The navy is a great colour, not too dark. Only comment is it is expensive for an unlined jacket.
- CS (08/05/2018)So pleased with this jacket, it looks fantastic over a scoop T-shirt. I purchased it in the laurel and want the geranium red but sadly out of stock in the medium. Fantastic quality, definitely recommend it.
- Karen Hawkins (03/05/2018)My first purchase from Kettlewell and I am really pleased with the quality and fit. I am 5ft 4in and size 10 and the small fits perfectly. Often jackets are too long in the sleeves for me but not in this case ! Well done Kettlewell !!
- Lynn MacLean (01/05/2018)I liked the look of this jacket and was initially pleased when it arrived. Prompt service, all nicely packed. I choose the pale colour which is in the Spring chart and it suited me. Material felt just right and jacket holds its shape. The jacket felt a bit tight and boxy, and I felt the front closure was too open. I wanted something a bit looser and longer all round so decided to send it back.
- Julie Bromilow (30/04/2018)I'm usually very excited to wait for your clothes. Why? Because I've never been disappointed. It's like opening a magic box and what's going to happen? Great jacket, beautiful texture and color. At this time, it is not easy to find such good quality products ... Your store is for me as a well-known little boutique from the neighborhood where I will be served quickly and polite, where I feel good and have many nice memories. Thank you again...
- Dolores (02/04/2018)I have this jacket in Teal and Blackberry. After washing, both became incredibly useful jackets.(I am grateful to the reviewer who mentions this. I might otherwise have sent the jackets back for being too stiff) I brought the Blackberry one on holiday to Portugal and it is just perfect. The weather today was 13 and sunny. I wore a wine coloured dress with wine sandals and with the jacket I felt comfortable, smart. and much less like a cliche tourist. I do wish that the jacket came in black. Sometimes only a black jacket will do. And pockets would be really good!
- Delphine Breese-Laughran (26/03/2018)I was a little disappointed to find that the colour I wanted - Soft Blackberry - wasn't available in Kettlewell's new XS size, so I had to order a Small. Unfortunately, I had to return the blazer as it really didn't fit that well (there was too much material in the front between the shoulder and the lapel so that it creased and looked quite lumpy), and I found the colour to be rather brighter and more purple than it had appeared on the website. That said, it is a good quality garment: well-made, in a decent weight fabric, and a nice simple style which could be dressed up or down to suit the occasion.
- Devongirl27 (25/03/2018)Bought the Blush Jersey Blazer , lovely Spring / Summer colour sadly not able to wear it yet , as the promise of Spring weather quickly turned to arctic conditions ! Your Large size seems ideal for my size 14/16 so many thanks .
- Joan Winters (23/03/2018)I love the Cotton blazer and would love to own it. The problem is I am 5'9" and it would be FAR too short for me. Please, please can you find one that is a little longer so that us taller people can wear it. That would be lovely. Thank you
- Anon (21/03/2018)Lovely jacket and good fit but returned as colour did not suit. I was swayed by ‘soft blackberry’ description but I found it to be purple which does not suit my autumn colouring and have very little in my wardrobe to go with it. Kettlewell refund service excellent
- Christina (21/03/2018)Lovely jacket, love the colour. Size small fits well. I am 5ft 2in and a size 10. It isn't a tight fit, so is comfortable. Sleeves a bit long but will look ok rolled up, I think.
- Margaret (12/03/2018)Great jacket! Lovely colour blue and soft crease free fabric - really pleased.
- Lucy (01/01/2018)Lovely jacket, beautiful Spring blue colour, great fit, very pleased with my purchase, second one I've bought.
- Ali (22/11/2017)Really loving this jacket. I have 2, in the oatmeal and the iris which is a fantastic colour. The jacket is perfect for a petite like me, 5ft 2in, and the sleeves are a good length. I wear the oatmeal with jeans and a t-shirt and it is a great smart casual look. I’m a spring so pair it with coral or turquoise. The iris looks great with cream, corals / pinks and turquoise. The bonded lining makes it hang great and it feels so comfortable to wear. If you’re thinking about trying one I say go for it! A very useful little jacket.
- Norah Cat (20/11/2017)Love the Geranium red! Hope to see it in other clothing!
- wendywilsonschaub (22/10/2017)Love the Iris color. Hope to see it in other clothing
- wendywilsonschaub (22/10/2017)Absolutely love the jacket. I'm size 12 and med fits perfectly. Great over jeans, jeggings, skirt. Just taken it abroad on hols, doesn't crease, so versatile.
- Mary P (20/10/2017)Love this jacket! Jacket fits well and I love the Iris colour that I have. Like the length too, short enough to wear with skirt or jeans. I am a small 14 and it fitted perfectly. But also ordered a Geranium Red one and find it is too orange so reluctantly will be returning it. I think the colour mix for the Geranium Red isn't quite right - would definitely have bought it otherwise.
- Andria (18/10/2017)Jacket was a beautiful colour and a nice cut but medium was much bigger than expected so I returned it. I need re-order in small.
- Jen (14/09/2017)I really wanted this jacket as I thought it would be a very useful addition to my Spring wardrobe. The Iris colour is beautiful and the blazer is a quality garment, unfortunately the fit was not quite right for me and I found it a bit too short. Within days I was wearing a replacement item. Excellent service from Kettlewell as always. Thank you.
- Hazel (31/07/2017)I would love to order one of these gorgeous jackets - but cannot live without pockets - why is there none?
- Lucy Blake (23/07/2017)I loved the idea of this jacket and was excited about getting it. I ordered a size M - I am a slim 5'8". Unfortunately the sleeves were at least an inch and a half too short and I've sent it back. The rest of the fit was fine.
- Lisa Kirman (17/07/2017)I am very happy with my recent purchase from Kettlewell. The style is just what I was looking for and it fits me perfectly .
- Ann Howson (03/07/2017)Very pleased with the blazer. It is a good weight and can be dressed up or down. It is all cotton and washable, great fir warm summer days but equally will be good u dear a coat later in the year. A couple of suggestions. First a wider colour range and secondly just a tiny bit longer to cover the standard length tops . An inch or so would be enough. Another suggestion,how about a raincoat in some of your stunning colours? Finally ,really pleased that you use good quality natural fabrics.
- Ruth Mitchell (03/07/2017)I waited so long thinking if to buy this lovely Jacket & now have 3 ? I think this jacket had been designed with myself in mind . Always struggled to find a great fit but this does have generous give in the arms & chest . Having the single button is very flattering., the soft lines & detail in the back is perfect for me. The fabric is good quality which doesn't crease , comfortable on with a little stretch , great for a smart casual look. More colours please for Dark summer
- Nicola (10/06/2017)Loved the jacket but unfortunately it was a little too big and the next size down was out of stock. Hoping that you may restock with this garment.
- Vivien Tavener (06/06/2017)Loved the style of the jacket and the colour Iris, but sadly the jacket didn't suit me, so had to return.
- Lesley Brown (05/06/2017)This looked lovely and a very useful item, but it just didn't suit me, so it had to go back.
- Joyce Powderhill (31/05/2017)I have waited years for a jacket that looks this good and fits so well! I am 5ft and often have to reject long sleeved clothing for being miles too long for my shorter arms. Fortunately, this looks fine with the cuffs turned up and I have found, along with other reviewers, that you can dress it up or down so that it's now my go-to jacket for most occasions. I have bought in Iris, which is a stunning colour, and am now considering other colours as I am getting so much use out of it.
- Anita Ballard (23/05/2017)I ordered this jacket in Soft Blackberry in a size small. Great colour and fit. Thank you for introducing the 'zonal qualities' as I am a Deep Autumn and it has made choosing colours so much easier though more restrictive, but this means I get the colour right first time. Please more colours for 'Deep'.
- Mary (18/05/2017)I bought this jacket in Oatmeal melange in a size small. It's a nice jacket and the bonded lining will make it easier to wear and less bulky. I'm a size 10 and bought the small but would have preferred an extra small. I wish Kettlewell would cater more for us smaller ladies (hint). Most of the garments are too big for me in a size small. I would have liked this to be a 2 button jacket instead of 1 button but that's just my preference. My only real gripe is the button itself. It looks like Kettlewell stick the same colour button on all the colour options and the grey faux mother-of-pearl button did nothing for this jacket and looked incongruous. I changed it for a neutral cream button which looks a lot better. I would buy this again in a light or bright navy - and would probably end up changing the button on that too!
- Norah Cat (18/05/2017)Have tried on so many Blazers over past few months, trying to find something smart but not too smart. Many just look plain wrong with jeans. This is perfect! I am M and it fits well - better undone, but that's the look I wanted anyway so I'm very happy! The fabric is stiffer than I expected of a jersey jacket - but this just makes it better and more expensive looking. Impressed!
- Jane (17/05/2017)Bought in Iris and garners compliments every time I wear it :) I'd welcome more colours (I'm a Winter). It did take quite a while for packing creases to drop out (I don't have a steamer, Kettlewell - not a helpful suggestion!) but now they have, it's what my mother used to call 'good-natured' and doesn't crease. A really useful summer jacket
- Sally F (16/05/2017)I bought the teal jacket after deliberating whether I would wear it, it sold out so that decided me. l got one when it became available again. I love it, the colour the lenght I too am 5'2" and the fit. Well done Kettlewell another success story.
- sue Ashforth-Smith (12/05/2017)I ordered two sizes to try in oatmeal. Am 12/14 on top and although rather snug when buttoned the medium was a much better fit in general and looked rather nice left undone. A good length too.The large size was definitely much too big.
- Barbara (11/05/2017)The jacket is a good fit and a nice shape. I'm 5'2" and I like the length on me, whereas I often find jackets are on the long side. I'm very pleased with the colour (oatmeal) as it will go with anything and, as others have said, it is a jacket that can be smart or casual, according to what you pair it with.
- R Johnson (05/05/2017)I love my jacket. It is smart but comfirtable. The red cardigan is also exactly what I wanted a traditional cardigan in good quality.
- Lesley hooton (28/04/2017)I love this jacket - bought it in 2 colours and just waiting for the red to come back into stock! Kettlewell sizing us often a bit too large for me, being a size 8, but this is a good fit. I have been complimented each time I've worn either of them and they are fast becoming a wardrove staple.
- Fiona Robinson (24/04/2017)' I bought the Geranium Red but the colour did not suit me. The quality and style was perfect.
- Christine (18/04/2017)This is a nice little jacket for spring/summer - the material lends it a certain informality making it easy to wear with both jeans and skirts. I bought the red which is a lovely bright colour, in medium instead of large for a close fit as the material is slightly stretchy and I won't want to wear it with the button fastened. I felt there was too much material where the body of the jacket met the arms on the large size, which was slightly unflattering. I am pleased with it and considering one of the other spring colours now.
- Teazle (15/04/2017)Bought this jacket in Geranium Red which is a stunning colour. Unfortunately it was way too big and since Size 6 is not available at Kettlewell I have sadly returned it.
- Nikki (13/04/2017)This is such a versatile jacket - it can be worn with jeans/leggings or over spring/summer work outfits - I think I am going to get a lot of use out of it! It's nicely made & fitted - it keeps its shape & doesn't crease easily. I bought it in red, but think I might treat myself to teal also!
- Diana Ward (11/04/2017)I hesitated before buying this (until Iris appeared - a fabulous colour) because it looked a bit short. In fact it's perfect, well made and is an excellent addition to my summer wardrobe. More please! Can I add some general praise here? I had my colours done about 10 years ago but finding Kettlewell last year has meant that I have bought very little anywhere else. I keep having a quick look at other companies,checking out the predictable (or horrible) colour combinations, then returning gratefully. It has answered a real need in my wardrobe for simple, good quality items in flatteringly individual colours. I am not 25, but I feel that your concept and styles work well for all ages. It's great to be told you look good in your 60s and I've experienced the "Kettlewell compliment" on so many occasions that I've lost count! Please don't compromise on quality as you fill a very important "mid-field" gap in the market. Your customer service is brilliant.
- Artist Helen (09/04/2017)Really like this jacket and the sizing is better (for me anyway) than previous jackets I've bought from Kettlewell as the small is quite a good fit for my size 8 frame. My sister ordered one when she was mine and I am sorely tempted to order in another colour.
- Fiona Robinson (06/04/2017)First purchase from Kettlewell. Very please with the quality and style. I am petite (under 5'2) and it is a great length on me. Am addicted to jersey jackets as they are smart yet practical - never crease, so great for travelling. Also the oatmeal goes with everything.
- Judith McDonald (01/04/2017)The dress and jacket are great. Love the colour of the dress, good length - the jacket will be a spring/summer wardrobe staple of which one can't have too many! One further thing - I just love the Tasha top! I have it in 3 colours which are great but sometimes how I wish, wish, wish that this top came in white! Please can you introduce it and I will have 2 please in size 8 Thanks and kind regards Jane
- Jane Whitman (31/03/2017)I just love the style of the blazer. The small size fits me perfectly. I ordered a red one but decided the colour was too bright for me so now I have the blue and oatmeal ones. I know I will get so much wear out of them. Perfect for dressing up or with jeans. Beautifully made with quality material. Well done Kettlewell!!!!!
- Dorothy Bambridge (30/03/2017)I bought the oatmeal as a Spring. I was unsure because I don't really suit many pale colours but it really suits my skintone and colouring. Lovely jersey cotton and modern fit. My husband loved it too. I am size 8 and bought size S - it was a good fit and would easily fit a size 10 too.
- Rosa (28/03/2017)Very pleased with this jacket. Well cut and an excellent fit.
- Sue McNaught-Davis (24/03/2017)I bought this jacket in red, which is a bit outside my normal comfort zone of blue, blue and more blue. I'm very glad I did though because it looks great.and suits me very well. (Even my husband was really enthusiastic about it). Result! Can't wait for better weather so I can wear it either with jeans or an up-coming family wedding. Versatile as well as classy!
- Marg B (21/03/2017)I think the fact that I sent this jacket back is testimony to the quality and range of Kettlewell products. It was very, very good but just not a 10/10 so I sent it back. Other companies send their best items and they are a 6/10 - Kettlewell has groomed me into expecting the very best, because that is what it always delivers!
- Roberta (21/03/2017)Neat , clean , classic design. This style never dates,
- Adrienne (24/02/2017)This jacket fits perfectly. Nice length, good cut and doesn't feel bulky. Looking forward to wearing it throughout the spring and summer.
- Latha V (26/01/2017)I bought this jacket in red, and when it arrived it looked quite stiff, almost a bit like something you'd imagine being worn on a cruise ship which wasn't the look I wanted. But, the style and weight of the fabric was good so I washed it and haven't looked back and it's been worn it regularly since. It is the beginning of summer in New Zealand, and this is a perfect jacket for work, being cooler and smarter than a cardigan but without being too warm for inside the office. The cut is slim and close, and I like it with jeans as well as over smarter clothes for work. I would very much recommend this to other people and am thinking of going for the teal.
- Gillian Thornton (24/12/2016)Lovely fabric and I really like the bonded lining which enables the jacket to slip on easily over cotton tops. Lovely style, not too fitted and a bit longer than some of Kettlewell's other jackets but another inch would be even better. It lacks a bit of definition at the shoulder so have added a lightweight shoulder pad which has done the trick beautifully. Smart enough to wear to work without being too formal.
- Carole King (02/12/2016)I agree with the other reviewer, this is a fab jacket; simple and elegant - perfect for me being a natural classic!
- sienna (28/11/2016)This is a beautifully made jacket in a simple design which fits perfectly. I'm size 12 and the medium is a great fit - quite fitted but without being tight and certainly not baggy and clunky like so many other jackets on the high street. I will probably wear unbuttoned and with jeans but for a waisted shape for a smarter look all you need do is button up!
- Rema N (13/11/2016)