Reviews of Cosy Merino Wrap
Add your review
We want you to be delighted with your purchases but if you do have any problems, please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review as we are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted using forenames/initials only and may be used for marketing purposes.
SIZE: LL COLOUR: CreamI love this merino wrap. It is beautifully made and I will get alot of wear out of it. I am petite (5'3") and Apple shaped so I was concerned it would be too voluminous a style for me. But the front is 'cut-away' so it doesn't look like too much fabric. I will definitely purchase other Kettlewell merino products - the fabric is soft, finely woven, beautifully finished.
- Gail (09/02/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Indian OchreBought two of these, the Indian Ochre and cream. Very nice flattering cardigans as usual from Kettlewell. Bought in the sale. Good length to wear under coats. I am 5’1” with short torso and long legs34F. Apple-shape. Disagree with comment re being busty.Also bought 3 tencel mix cardigans in the sale.
- Jacqueline (30/01/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Indian OchreI thought this would be a brighter gold but in fact its a bit more 'Lizard!' However it goes beautifully with the Amelia blouse in Navy and Mustard. Fits well and is soft and warm to the touch.
- Jean (24/01/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: CreamThis Merino Wrap is gorgeous and will get alot of use. I was worried it would be too long for my 5'3" but the interesting shape reduces the bulk. The clean front lines cut the bulk of my 180 lb figure. The knit and texture is very fine. The colour is fabulous.
- Gail Johnson (21/01/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Indian OchreBought this cardigan in camel last year and have worn it so much I couldn’t resist it in another colour when it came into the sale . Lovely colour , length and very cosy . Highly recommended
- Katy (18/01/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Hot CoralVery pleased with this wrap. Soft and warm to wear. And a vibrant colour coral. Good length and fit ( I’m usually size 14, height 5ft 7). I bought this in the sale as I usually find wool too itchy to wear. And I have therefore bought the newer tencel mix wraps this year. However I liked those so much and they were not itchy at all I thought I would risk the pure merino wool one in the sale. Delighted with it and very good value in the sale. Thoroughly recommend.
- Julia Rees (17/01/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Deep ClaretLove these merino wraps. Have 2 already but couldn’t resist a sale bargain and love the claret colour. They really keep you cosy in cold weather and go with so many of my tops. I just hope they’re not being discontinued.
- Caroline Boyd (17/01/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: CreamDelighted with the cream wrap which is a gorgeous bit of luxury and goes with everything. Wearing over my p.j.s now and can't seem to get dressed it's so comfy!
- Minnie (30/12/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CreamThe material in this wrap is lovely and warm. Unfortunately, the style is quirky. The waterfall edge makes it hang away from the body (particularly if you're the least little bit busty) in a very unattractive way, creating a dumpy look. It was too late to send back, so I plan on using it as a wrap with my PJ's. I'll look more carefully next time!
- Marilyn (26/12/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: CreamFinally bit the bullet and ordered one of the "new style" merino wraps ... and it's sadly going straight back. The edging on the new style makes it look dowdy (in my humble opinion) and the popcorn colour (although it should suit me as a Spring) doesn't suit me in the slightest. Personally, I also find the new price tag a little hefty for a "cardi" ... hence it took me a while to order one. I am really sad about this - I used to LIVE in the merino wraps, and am now reduced to buying the old, lovely style on eBay.
- Christine (27/11/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CreamThis is the third of these I have bought - they are excellent and work so well with a variety of outfits! Unlike other reviewers, I find it hangs very well (5’1. size 10/12 and 30G bra size!)
- Helena (27/11/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CreamI love the popcorn colour and bought it to go with the vermillion and honey dress as I do feel the cold. But sadly it just didn’t look good on me and rather just hung also because my shoulders slope terribly !!! Although some people seem to say it is lovely and soft with my sensitive skin i felt it would have the opposite effect.
- Jeanne (05/11/2019)Lovely colour and weight unfortunately it did not look good on me and had to go back. Please can we have the same but more fitted without the waterfall front.
- Finella (31/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: EmeraldFabulous colour and nice fit - to size. Feels warm as soon as you put it in. Am going to get another in acdifferent colour soon.
- Louise (13/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CreamI ordered this in Popcorn, which is a lovely creamy vanilla colour, in both a 'Medium' and 'Large' as it's an edge- to-edge cardigan and I wanted it to sit comfortably. I am a size 12 and 5' 6"+ tall with quite a full bust and both sizes seemed to fit, but sadly the style did not suit me at all as it made me look a bit 'matronly' and frumpy from the side as it hung from the bust, which was unflattering on me. I think the style is more suited to ladies with a smaller bust - all in my very humble opinion, of course.
- Sian (30/04/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: CreamGreat wrap. The popcorn colour works well with lots of the spring colours making it a good capsule piece for travelling.
- Carole (26/04/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Bright CoralI wouldn’t be without my cosy merino wraps for spring, autumn and cooler summer nights. I have four in different colours to compliment whatever I am wearing, dressed up or casual!
- Gail (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: EmeraldI love this wrap. It is lovely to wear. I bought the emerald green, beautiful colour. I read in the reviews that it was too long if you are short, however I think this is personal choice, I am 5 foot tall and I love the length. Would definitely recommend.
- carol (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: CreamI love the colour, the style, and the length (which is kind to my not-so-svelte body as it comfortably covers my bottom - I'm 5'6"). The partially angled-up section along the front edge makes it hang very nicely and the thickness/weight is light to medium. The Popcorn colour is versatile and looks fresh yet soft. I've not worn it beyond trying it on so I can't comment on whether it bobbles quickly with wear (I hope not as the merino fibres should be long and less prone to pilling!), how it comes through one or more hand washes etc. I hope it's good quality in this respect - it's not an inexpensive item from my perspective - and I take care of my clothes so it'll have a fair chance at longevity if it has inherent good quality.
- Annette (04/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Royal PurpleI bought one of these on a blogger's recommendation. Loved it so much I came back a year later to buy another. I wish there were more color options in my size, the choices seem sort of limited just now.
- Anna (18/02/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: CreamI am 5'6, size 10-12, Spring. I ordered size S, in popcorn. I was worried it would be too long, but it's not, just past my bottom. On opening I was not sure about the colour, however tried it on and it is lovely. Very delicate colour, not the usual "out there" colour for a spring. Looks beautiful with ivory, aqua, coral and light greens so far. And good with both regular denim and light grey jeans. Would buy another one. The "light aqua" colour would be nice.
- Bernice (14/02/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Mixed SpiceI can't buy enough wool for winter. I love these sweaters. They are perfect for dressing up or down. I hadn't bought one for a few years so this new purchase pleasantly surprised me. The wool seems thicker and the trim along the opening is a great improvement from my old ones. There is a real finish to the edges where I found the old sweaters' edges curled. The sweater is cosy and warm. Being a Spring, I am always looking for neutral colors to layer with my bright tops. I chose mixed spice and love the color. It works so well with poppy, shocking pink, coral or light aqua....I'm sure any spring color would work. Great quality!
- Marsha (06/02/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Light Grey MarlLove these Merino wraps. I already have a blue one but delighted with new pale grey one. So cosy in cold weather and yet stylish. I would also have liked dark pink one but it has been out of stock for some time now. Hope this style continues for a while.
- Caroline (24/12/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: NavyGood heavier weight merino wool for winter. Sleek and elegant style. Size small fitted my standard size 10 though the sleeves were a bit tight. But the navy colour is too dark and not good for my summer colouring, so returned. Wish it was more of a French navy.
- Ann (13/12/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: EmeraldLove that this is Merino Wool, I am just not a fan of Cashmere. The wrap is beautiful, I purchased a small in Emerald, and really pleased that the sleeves are actually long enough for me.
- Janet (11/12/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: EmeraldI love this wrap. It fits beautifully and has received more compliments than almost everything I've ever worn. I bought it to brighten up an navy outfit and it is perfect.
- Alison (11/12/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: EmeraldI bought the emerald cardigan and liked the colour (my first choices were sold out) but I am 5ft 2inches tall and this cardigan is much too long for me - I looked like a dwarf in it! So sadly had to return it. It would be good if they did different lengths. But it was good quality and I'd have enjoyed wearing it, if shorter.
- Jocelyn (11/12/2018)
SIZE: LLSecond one of these beautiful , luxury wraps I have bought. The quality is kettlewell through and through first class, stylish, and not on the high street . I emailed your sales and clicked on the swatches to see if ther was a chance of hot pink, burgundy or other colours coming back in as there is long winter to come especially here in Scotland.
- Heidi (10/12/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: NavyLovely fit cardigan, bought the emerald green and navy, fab fit, swing back.....classy!
- Debbie (03/12/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Mixed SpiceA little larger than expected and the fabric didn’t feel very soft. Great colour, but I wanted a better draped feel so sadly have returned.
- Sara (27/11/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: NavyVery pleased with my purchase. Cardigan looks very neat on. lovely and soft to touch and feels very comfortable, so much so I now have the same in Grey. I have since purchased the Lulu top in two colours and again these are very comfortable to wear. I am sure I will be buying from Kettlewell in the future. Finally Customer Service were a pleasure to talk to.
- Susan (26/11/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Light Grey MarlLovely wrap and the colour was what I was hoping it would be.The fit is great and the sleeves accommodated my bat wing arms!
- Linda (21/11/2018)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Deep Forest MarlVery pleased with this. I have some previous seasons Merino wraps and this is a much courser weave and feels thicker, so likely to be warmer. XS fits nicely on my shoulders. So extra small is small as I hoped for. I wish garment makers would design sleeves for a turnback. Small ladies normally have shorter arms than tall ones! not just our legs. Making a cuff that is flat stitched so that it looks neat when folded back would up the style no end. Bracelet length sleeves usually fit. I normally buy 3/4 length and get used to cold wrists as normal sleeves are always at least 3 inches too long. Shops tell me they need sleeves to fit all and why dont I just turn them up - well that's where the flat neat seem comes in! I would turn up if it looks neat enough. If not - Return to store.
- Hennamay (16/11/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Bright CoralThese cardigans are a lovely style ... a bit like a frock coat. I returned the emerald one and the deep pink because the colours looked much brighter on the internet. I need bright colours to cheer me up in winter. I kept the coral one. More bright colours please. 💜💜💜
- Rosy (13/11/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: EmeraldThis is a gorgeous wrap but sadly I found the merino wool too itchy.
- Chris (05/11/2018)Gorgeous wraps - I bought three in navy, deep pink and grey and kept the navy and pink. The grey was more of a dove grey not a silver grey and so the other colours suited me better. I have a 16 sized top and the LL fits well. No problems with the arm widths at all and the wraps have a lovely swing.
- LizB (02/11/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Deep PinkI now have two of these lovely wraps. I initially ordered the navy as the deep pink was out of stock. Now that it's come back in I have decided to keep them both! I am normally a 12/14 and the medium fits fine. Looks great over trousers, tunics and dresses. The material is soft and very warm. Will look forward to wearing these a lot when the weather cools down to winter. The deep pink is a particularly gorgeous colour.
- Judy B (18/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Deep PinkGood shape, nice weight, only fault was the armholes were a bit tight especially if you wanted to layer it over a light sweater.
- Anne (16/10/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: EmeraldI ordered 3 items this time. Another cosy Merino wrap in Emerald, a darcy scoop top also in Emerald and a silky scoop in Red Coral. I’ve come to expect a certain quality of product from Kettlewell and this was no exception. I’m well into double figures of items I have bought from Kettlewll and I can honestly say I have not once been disappointed te colours are so rich and vibrant and the quality of the silky and darcy scoop are well worth the price. They wash well and keep the intensity and depth of colour and require hardly any ironing which is always a bonus! I do like to shop around and see what else is out there but have to say Kettlewell are very hard to beat which is why I keep coming back. Thanks Kettlewell for great products and customer service.
- Rona (15/10/2018)Beautiful wrap. Ihave this good shape in other colours, and this dark green marl is excellent.
- Dr E (15/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyI feel the cold and always on the look out for items that will keep me warm. I like the weight of this wrap and it hangs very well. Fits my size 12 fine. Looking forward to using it often this winter. I chose navy but will probably buy another.
- Jenny (10/10/2018)
SIZE: LargeYes this is a very cosy merino wrap. I am an autumn and so the camel colour will look good with black or brown trousers. Have not washed it yet but have never had problems washing kettlewell clothes. If I am not sure I hand wash.
- Dorothy Smith (09/10/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Deep Forest MarlBeautiful useful wrap. I have it already in a soft shade, and so was delighted to see it in this wonderful dark green. The merino marls are such good subtle colours. Great quality.
- L Eccles (09/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Mixed SpiceI am loving wearing this merino wrap, especially now the temperatures are dropping. I hummed and harred about buying it because of the price, but so glad that I did now. It is of a very high quality, warm, colourful, light and stylish to boot. The shape is lovely and flattering, and it is beautifully flowing and feminine. It looks great with leggings, trousers or knee length skirts. I also bought the floral swing top in aubergine and orange and the two garment look great together.
- Sylvia Kerry (03/10/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: EmeraldThis is a lovely quality wrap & the emerald is the most stunning shade of green I've ever seen! But sadly this style didn't work for me - I found the sleeves far too long and the style doesn't lend itself to a turned back cuff. As I'm petite I found it a bit overwhelming too. But I would highly recommend the quality & style for taller ladies. I've ordered the City Poncho instead!
- Fi Bevan (03/10/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: EmeraldI really love this merino wrap. It's stylish, warm and colourful. Even though I'm Spring, I bought it in Emerald. Now I want it in Coral and Purple, but so disappointed there are no Smalls in these colours - and winter hasn't even started yet! More stock please!!!
- Sarah Davison (26/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Deep ClaretI'm a 10-12 and the medium is probably a tad big, especially around shoulders and upper arms. Overall shape is lovely and flattering. Its not too heavy, really comfortable material and warm. Great for autumn/ winter time of year. Would recommend trying on a couple of sizes to see which fit looks and feel better.
- K Underwood (25/09/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Mixed SpiceThis garment has a lovely, flowing and feminine style and is a beautiful colour for an 'Autumn'. The shape and length are very flattering, discretely concealing any bulges! I normally buy L but needed LL for this style, mainly for the width fit on the upper sleeves. Much better quality than other makes though a bit pricier. But you get what you pay for.
- Johanne (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Mixed SpiceThis is my third Merino Wrap. And it's really lovely, but, it is a very different texture from my previous ones. It's heavier and thicker. Perhaps it will be warmer too? It's nice, but it doesn't have quite the elegance of the earlier versions.
- Jenny (22/09/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Deep ClaretI was surprised by this wrap for a number of reasons. It is stiffer and less fluid than the images show, and also less generously cut. My main issue is with the colour. I ordered the deep claret which is shown on the website as a shade darker than the cassis. What I received is not a wine colour but a red, many shades lighter than cassis in the long wrap. I realise that different fabrics take dye differently but this colour is very far from the images on the website and the new paper newsletter.
- Nicola (15/09/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Mixed SpiceBought this cardigan as a birthday present for a friend. Colour spice is a beautiful rich brown. Can’t comment on the fit as I haven’t given it yet. As with all Kettlewell merino products the quality is superb!
- Maria Pysden (11/09/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: EmeraldI love the vivid emerald colour and the cardigan hangs beautifully, hiding my lumps and bumps. The sleeves are much too long for me but then I'm not very tall. I kept it and will wear it with the sleeves pushed up when the weather turns cooler. As another reviewer commented, the weave is coarser than previous merino wraps. Still very pleased with it.
- Mrs Richardson (04/09/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Indian OchreThis was one of my first merino items for Kettlewell, and I chose it for the lovely style and colour. Sadly the colour did not work for me. I chose Indian Ochre, as an Autumn. The wrap draped nicely. I hope to see more Autumn colours, as I would love to have one or two of these versatile pieces to wear over thin knit tops and tees.
- Lynn Michaelson (03/09/2018)I love this wrap. I bought two of these wraps years ago and they still look great. Easy to wear and wash and great for work instead of a jacket. Please can you bring back the grey as it was a great colour which went with everything?
- Viv Cockburn (02/07/2018)Love this! Wish it came in more winter colours, for summer, if you get my drift... This is England and a merino wrap will serve for at least 9 months of the year!
- Fiona (29/04/2018)Love these! So cozy, and a flattering drape. I’ve had a few of these, and worn them out, as I wear them all the time! More colours, please, particularly pastels for cooler summer evenings.
- Helen (28/04/2018)I have been buying these merino wraps in all of their glorious colours for a number of years. It has become a wardrobe key piece. I wear it with dresses or with trousers and a top like a soft jacket. I am a bit disappointed in this year's offering however as the knit is much coarser and isn't the lovely fine merino knit of the past. This year I bought the lovely green and the claret which is down as being for a winter but which is much browner than the images and really isn't very good with my classic winter skin tones. It would suit an autumn better. I will still keep on buying them but I do hope that they return to the fine knit.
- Melissa Hebbard (11/04/2018)Really thrilled with this cosy merino wrap, which I bought in the purple a gorgeous colour and I’ve worn it a lot as it is so useful as an extra layer. I really thought long and hard about this purchase as it’s not cheap but I can highly recommend!
- Maria Pysden (04/04/2018)Warm, lively and stylish, this wrap is a gem
- Maureen Bosley (22/03/2018)Fabulous garment. I have had so many compliments about it. Beautiful fit and comfort. Will buy another one in a different colour
- Marlene (22/02/2018)Lovely quality but if you are slightly short (I'm 5 ft 2) expect it to be a bit on the long side. Sorry its going back
- Angela Coyle (10/02/2018)Love this. I have the green one and it is amazing. Well cut, good quality and a gorgeous colour that goes with almost everything
- Fiona (03/01/2018)I love the wrap , really like the colour and It fit me lovely Thankyou from Jackie
- Jackie Allison (28/12/2017)Beautiful garment, soft texture, warm but light, lovely fit and drape, lovely colour. Sad that the neck stitching has come lose after only a couple of weeks, would hope for better at this price but I can mend this easily.
- Elizabeth Aspinall (25/12/2017)I ordered the merino wrap in marine blue to suit my autumn colouring. A lovely colour which really complements my skin tone. The wrap is beautifully made, fits and drapes well. It is just the right thickness for comfort and warmth.
- Gillian Redford (22/12/2017)Beautiful - really flattering shape and a lovely colour (marine blue). It feels really soft and is very good quality. Worth the money, as it’s a heavier weight - perfect for winter. I will probably get another colour.
- Helen Frewer (13/12/2017)Lovely cardigan, lovely colour, nice and cosy Wish it was a bit more stylish- maybe a gathered sleeve at the shoulder or something Anyway I enjoy wearing it - looks lovely with my purple knitted dress 😊 I’ll be purchasing one in another colour soon!
- Dee (08/12/2017)Love it worn twice already , only had it a fortnight. Its lovely and soft, great length and great colour
- Sue (08/12/2017)This wrap has been a huge success. I bought it in blue and have been wearing it to death with my cosy tops. Very soft and a substantial weight without being bulky. It is holding up well and not pilling or losing shape. Highly recommend. Would love it in oatmeal or grey!!
- Jane (03/12/2017)Love these wraps. This is the 3rd I have bought. Adore the Marine blue colour, as it is so difficult to find this neutral colour in the shops. This years wraps have changed in a few ways. The wool is much heavier weight. I do prefer the lighter weight of previous years. Also the arms are much tighter. I have very toned arms- no bingo wings in sight - but needed to go up from Large to XL, just to accommodate enough room for my arms to comfortably wear a fine merino jumper under the wrap. Also the price has jumped significantly from the mid £70 range to £99 ish. Rubbish with maths, but about 20% increase in a year. A bit eye watering, but it will be well used in my wardrobe, so have taken a deep breath and bought.
- Amh (01/12/2017)Hooray! Welcome back merino wrap. I have several of these in a lighter merino from the summer and they are very flattering. Sent for the purple in the heavier weight and it is warmer and thicker. Love it. I find I need the LL for my 16 top and it skims over me and makes me look slimmer. Now going to buy one or two more.
- LizB (28/11/2017)Absolutely adore this wrap. The colour (bright violet) is gorgeous and it falls beautifully. Quality looks great so I hope it washes well. I bought this in the sale so good value.
- Susie (24/04/2017)Lovely colour (burgundy), and very warm, falls nicely too.
- Lynn (20/03/2017)This is the third merino cardigan I have purchased from Kettlewell. They are beautiful to wear and so versatile. Highly recommended.
- Vivien Tavener (03/03/2017)This is the second Merino Wrap I have bought, this one bought in the sale, and like a another reviewer was amazed it was still available. Although I have not had chance to wear it yet, I have tried it on and it fits well and I just love the colour pink clover marl. The quality is superb and I like the longer length.
- Linda Ingle (02/03/2017)This is my first Kettlewell purchase and won't be my last! What a wonderful range of "summer" shades there is. I have this in the pink clover marl and have been wearing it with navy, but it will go with so many other things and will work as a jacket when the weather warms up. Lovely soft yarn hope it doesn't bobble. Medium perfect - I'm 5'4" size 12-14. At full price your garments are rather pricey for my limited budget, so I'll keep an eye out for bargains in the sales.
- Pam Nicholls (02/03/2017)This is my one-stop shop for all my summer colours. Everything I have bought, including this cardigan in clover goes together. I love the style & quality of this soft merino longer length cardi and feel very comfortable wearing it. Good value because I bought it in the sale!
- Carol (26/02/2017)Merino wrap. Bought this in the sale in pink clover marl. Absolutely loved the colour and was amazed that it was the one colour still available. Bought a dark blue merino wrap last year as a cover up for a wedding, just in case it was cold, and wore it all summer. It was thrown in the back of the car repeatedly on holiday and survived the lot. Loved it. Would buy lots more if the price were lower, .
- Jackie Davies (20/02/2017)Loved the colours and style but unfortunately I had to return them. I bought the wraps in the sale - unfortunately they had sold out the size I thought I might be so I gambled on a size down. Unfortunately they were a little tight so reluctantly sent them back.
- JAMC (24/01/2017)Colour and style were fine and I like merino wool because it doesn't pill. However the fabric seemed a bit thin to me so I sent it back.
- Pat (22/01/2017)I bought one of these in LL and it was so brilliant on my 5'9" curvy size 16/18 figure that I bought more. I am a big fan of merino wool, since as a natural sweater fiber it is breathable. I have the gorgeous forest green, the seagreen, the summer blue and the neutral sand colours, which all really suit my hazel eyes with medium blond hair.
- sue stout (21/01/2017)I am thrilled with this in the vivid red - perfect for my cool winter colouring. It's a lovely shape, warm and light weight and good quality. Don't think I'd have bought it at full price though.
- Sarah Williamson (14/01/2017)Love this wrap in red, fits very well in medium and I will definitely buy more, grey and green will be my next purchase!
- Valerie Seddon (22/12/2016)I have just treated myself to a third colour (Bright Violet) in this style and I love them all. Kettlewell colours really are very special and never look as though they have come out of some industrial vat marked "purple"! I wear this wrap with the matching scarf to balance my pear shape and as soon as I put them on I feel confident and a little bit stunning! I want the Bright Violet ribbed scarf back to complete the set, please...
- Artist Helen (08/12/2016)Very pleased, warm,lovely colour though redder than the picture,fits well but definitely need an ll
- Jo (27/10/2016)I'm a bright jewelled Winter and wasn't sure how Forest Green would look. It describes many a boring dark green in other brands but Kettlewell's version is absolutely beautiful. The quality and shape are of the usual high standard. I'm glad I ordered the lovely ribbed scarf to match as it adds balance and versatility.
- Artist Helen (21/10/2016)Really love this very flattering,easy to wear,slighter warmer, longer length cardigan / wrap! I already have it in two Spring colours but would agree with another review that we need more...poppy, bright navy, emerald turquoise etc? The merino wool is of great quality and does not appear to pill easily...it's also great that it can be washed on the wool cycle too ( in a Miele washing machine) as I don't ''do" hand washing either - life's too short to hand wash!,,,that's what delicate wash cycles are for! I've also requested that Kettlewell design a casual,scoop neck,soft straight jumper dress ( no shorter than knee length please) in their lovely merino wool,to be worn with tights and boots in the cooler months, please!
- Alison (21/10/2016)These wraps are gorgeous. I'm 5ft 11 tall, size 8-10, and they small fits really well. The fit if flattering and the material drapes beautifully , and is so soft. I have the blue marl and pink clover marl, and hope the the summer grey will come back into stock soon.
- Julia (18/10/2016)This is gorgeous! Really flattering shape and the sapphire blue is lovely - just as it appears in the catalogue/on the website. Light weight but good quality - I'd certainly like to get another one. As a "carrot" shape - broad on the top but narrow through the hips with long legs - the wrap looks great and feels good!
- Lucy (15/10/2016)Absolutely love this. I now have several and live in them. Wash them on wool wash machine cycle and have had no problem. Will probably treat myself to another.
- Mary C (15/10/2016)I have two of these wraps one in gray marl and the other in turquoise. I am delighted with both and practically live in the gray as it is such a useful shade . The quality is excellent and the style very flatteriing and easy to wear. I am well past my prime and the wraps cover all my of lumps and bumps ! I recently took delivery of one in violet but sadly the colour did not suit. I returned it, and Kettlewell dealt promptly and efficiently and with the processs. My only complaint is that it does not come in more Spring colours, I would like at least another one !
- Irene Vickers (15/08/2016)Ordered this in light grey marl, and I have lived in it since it arrived. The style is extremely flattering (the best of all the wrap styles I have tried from Kettlewell), and the merino fabric is gorgeous. The style really does a lot for the fuller figure (I am a 16). I have worn this both for work and at home. Excellent product.
- Caroline Morgan (26/06/2016)I ordered this in sapphire, a winter colour, and it is beautiful. As a size 16 I was undecided as to whether the LL would be too big, but it fits well on the shoulders and skims over my bottom and tummy, perfect for a pear shaped figure. I have added shoulder pads, easily bought from a haberdasher, to balance my shape; a 10 minute job. The front asymmetrical hem also tricks the eye into thinking that the hips are narrower than they really are! This is my first buy from Kettlewell and I see from other reviews that there is sometimes a half price sale; I shall have another two when that occurs, but would certainly have another one at full price if not. Some reviews mention the narrow sleeves, but the LL size leaves plenty of room for a long sleeved t shirt to be worn underneath. Thank you Catherine, my colour analyst, for telling me about Kettlewell.
- Chris Terry (27/05/2016)The material is a beautiful weight and drape, not bulky to wear, but a fantastic extra layer. I have this in Sand and have worn it constantly at home, and at work instead of a jacket. The style and colour go with everything. I have machine washed it with no problem on a 20 degree wool wash. I am 5'3, size 14-16, and the Large fits nicely. I do not feel drowned. Only quibble is that it is quite a pricey item, but I still plan on buying another one.
- Helen Dignum (30/03/2016)Bought this in Seagreen marl and love it. It's a great length and beautiful colour. Haven't washed it yet but hopefully on wool wash it'll be OK. Life's too short for handwashing clothes ;-) Might pick another up in the sale
- Suzanna (20/03/2016)I love this wrap. I have it in several colours from previous collections and ordered it this autumn in mahogany - and I am delighted with it. I've wanted one in this shade for ages - can't wait to wear it and experiment with colour combinations! Would LOVE other colours - Deep Claret, russet, tan, spruce - but in the meantime I'm hoping to try the Sand colour when I can justify the expense! I find the cut flattering to my dumpy figure and it's light and warm. Apart from the price, top marks!
- Judith (11/11/2015)Hurray, machine washed successfully! I was a bit put off by it being marked as hand wash only (I don't do hand washing) but I decided to risk it, as I love it and virtually lived in it the week it arrived. I turned it inside out and put it in one of those net laundry bags and used the 40 degree wool/'hand wash' setting on my Meile washing machine, then let it dry naturally and ironed it with a steam iron on the wool setting, and it came out great. No shrinkage, no pilling. Not sure how many washes it will stand before it doesn't fare so well, and please don't blame me if you don't have the same experience (!!) but just wanted to tell people that it is possible. I am just ordering two more in different colours :-)
- Miranda (07/10/2015)This merino wrap is just gorgeous, I bought the light grey marl and the colour is perfect and goes with all my lovely Kettlewell tops. I am a 5'.5" curvy LL and it fits perfectly and drapes nicely over the body, very flattering. I do suffer from the cold so this will keep me warm once winter is here. Linda
- Linda Ingle (19/09/2015)I have 4 of thee in different colours. So obviously a fan Only downside is I did machine wash one pretty gently and now it would fit a 5 year old! So have been extra careful since then My comments re price and value refer to full priced articles as the half price ones are 5 star everything
- Susan Taylor (16/07/2015)Really like this long cardi. The fabric is soft and the cut is flattering. I like the square shoulders (in contrast to the long tie wrap which has no shoulder definition). Can we have some more please? All the colours are sold out.
- Charlotte (28/04/2015)Bought this in Mulberry size S in the 50% sale. Really comfortable & warm. Colour is slightly brighter than it looks on screen but tone is very true. Got the Soft Fuchsia lace cami to go underneath - perfect tonal match.
- Ella Bendle (22/01/2015)Delighted with this jacket/cardigan which I ordered in the sale. I am size 18/20, 5'6" and the LL fits beautifully. It has a luxurious weight, and therefore hangs beautifully…and scarlet suits my Autumn palette perfectly.
- Bieshka (03/01/2015)This merino cardigan is fantastic. I bought the paprika, wore it on a long haul flight and on holiday. It is light but warm and very flattering. The arms are a little skinny though and I have thin arms! Apart from that it is perfect and I am ordering two more colours.
- Jane (25/05/2014)I ordered this in coral and was delighted with the colour, quality and the way the top hangs. Very flattering! The merino is fine gauge and i can see myself wearing this through spring and summer - and then into winter with some layering. A little pricey, but very happy.
- Helen Turner (24/03/2014)I love this and wear my two cardis loads. Would be great to have the same material in a jacket shaped cardigan, with a collar and button up front please so that it can be worn like a suit with kettlewell trousers and skirts. I can't find high street suits in colours suitable for autumns!
- Gw (11/03/2014)I tried this at a fellow consultant's studio not expecting much as the jersey versions swamp me (5'3'') and hang off or either side of my largish bust in an unflattering way! However, to my surprise I loved it! It stays in place, skims the body and is very neat. The fitted shoulders look smart so it can be worn as a more comfortable alternative to a jacket. The flare at the hem balances out the bust and makes it look as if I have a waist (which I don't!) Will definitely be buying it in more colours! It's well worth the price if you wear it all the time (which you will want to)!!!
- Amanda Richardson (14/02/2014)Initially thought it was a bit nondescript but fell for gorgeous feel and quality. Shape very flattering if you are inverted triangle type as no bust bulk, deep v and nice flare. . Fantastic elegant layering item versatile++. dresses up/down easily and good with scarves. Have worn it to death especially in recent vile Welsh weather!
- edsdebs (05/01/2014)the shape is very flattering especially from the back. I ordered copper marl with the merino scarf and it goes well with tan coloured shoes/boots. The sleeves are a bit tight and I have quite thin arms (can wear size 10/ size 12 usually) so my advise would be to size up if you want to layer on arms. I'm also 5ft11 or 1m80 and think I really need the large to get slightly longer arm length. Am ordering another as good quality and wearing all the time at the moment!
- susanna (12/11/2013)So pleased with this - I have to stop myself wearing it every day! I am a petite Spring and have been looking for a navy cardigan which is not too dark for years. Co-ordinates for a slimming look with jeans and looks great layered over a Breton style striped top (more of these please Kettlewell) for effortless chic. As has been said, flattering shape and warm and comfortable merino yarn. I will be ordering the oatmeal wrap if it comes back into stock.
- Rachel (28/10/2013)Lovely colour, less brown and more coppery than in picture which will brighten up the darker days to come. Good fit and quality. Will order more. Thank you!
- Bea (27/09/2013)Paprika colour lovely but disappointed with the fit. I am a size 8 and the small was too tight over my shoulders and under the arm pits. Everything else I have ordered from you has fitted fine.
- judith ward (27/09/2013)I give this cardigan 5 stars because; 1) The fine gauge of the knit, as well as simplicity of design makes it very slimming and flattering 2) The length is flattering and slimming 3) The quality of the knit is wonderful 4) The colors are beautiful
- Nancy Doyle (25/07/2013)My first wrap cardigan arrived last week and I can't take it off! The Dark Grey Marl is a lovely neutral and the fit is great. I am 177cm with fairly broad shoulders and the large fits well. I like wearing a cardigan, but don't want to appear too "Mumsy" . This wrap is the perfect alternative, it looks contemporary and elegant, and the shaped hem sets it off beautifully. Looking forward to wearing my Navy wrap.
- Heather E (21/06/2013)I bought this in Lobelia which is a lovely colour and goes very well with lots of other tops. However i went for a Medium, having tried on large with my stylist, and found it a little tight in the arms when wearing a long sleeved top underneath. Would also prefer a sraight hem, as suggested in another review.
- Deborah Simon (28/04/2013)I have the Merino Warp Cardigan in Breton Blue and it is perfect for work over a sleeveless dress when I don't want to wear a jacket - cosy, lightweight and smart. Hoping that the oatmeal comes back in stock in my size, and that a red one comes out soon!
- Debbie Edwards (26/04/2013)I was so fed up with the weather and my drab winter wardrobe, I bought this in Coral. The colour is bright and summery, but with warmth from Merino wool . The quality and the fit are lovely. It will be great for cool summer days, and evenings. I haven't washed it yet, but am expecting the same durability and quality as from other Kettlewell garments..
- B Wallace (26/04/2013)Not often can I find a garment to wear for warmth over a top but this merino wrap cardigan fits the bill. Does not add bulk, length is good with trousers or knee length skirt. Breton blue is lovely.
- Sally (26/04/2013)After lengthy deliberation, I recently ordered the Olive Marl and I couldn't be more pleased! The colour, fit, length, style, fabric quality - all perfect. I can't comment on washing yet, but I am always cautious with knitwear and have no reason to suppose that it will suffer. Initially I'd been somewhat put-off by the price, but I can honestly say that it's worth every penny. In fact, I feel another order coming on...
- VJP (26/04/2013)Am totally delighted to have found this cardigan...it is totally worth every penny. It has a stylish swing to its cut and keeps me warm...something I find most well cut things fail to do. Love it!
- Kate Saunders (25/04/2013)Fantastic, beautiful item - literally takes a dress size off you due to the way it hangs. Worth every penny - currently looking at buying it in coral too!
- Jo (25/04/2013)I have this wrap in chocolate brown and wear it almost every day at the moment, so whilst it might seem expensive at first glance, per wear it's great value! It's perfect for keeping warm, but not too warm, which is especially especially useful as I'm currently breastfeeding. I'd like to buy more if it was offered in more neutral autumn colours, such as tan and dark greens - olive marl is currently out of stock in my size though, but when/if it is available I'll definitely order one...
- Gemma Webb (15/04/2013)I have two of these in chocolate and olive green. They have been my staples through the winter as they are beautifully warm, and go with so many of my other clothes. They may seem a bit expensive at first look but I feel they have been well worth the investment. I've washed both of mine a number of times on a cool handwash cycle and they have maintained their shape perfectly each time. Could we have a deep teal colour in this cardigan, please Kettlewell?
- Juliet (14/03/2013)I love these cardigans. I would also like a straight hem rather than pointed so that can be worn under a thigh length coat/mac. Holds its colour and shape well.
- HH (12/03/2013)FInally went for it and decided to order one in Lobelia. So pleased I did - the colour glows and the shape is VERY flattering and pretty! Trying to decide whether I can justify the expense of another one.....
- Judith (18/02/2013)Finally decided to go for it and ordered one in Lobelia. What a wonderful, glowing colour it is! The shape is very flattering too. However, as I've put on more weight recently, I'll have to wait to wear it till I've lost the excess - a good incentive! If this cardigan was a little cheaper I'd consider buying another colour, but I can't justify the expense so soon :(
- Judith (15/02/2013)Really pleased with my Chocolate cardigan (was almost put off by the cost), so much so I bought the Olive as well, and wear them both at work. And two for my Summer mother in Canada (Navy and Mulberry) - she loves them too and has had so many compliments about them. Definitely an investment piece.
- Sarah (18/01/2013)I have this in Mulberry - a lovely rich colour - and dark grey marl - real charcoal. I am am delighted with them. Lovely and soft and substantial for merino. I will get a lot of wear from them. Also 5 stars for service - a problem with one of them was quickly sorted out and another one sent. Well done Kettlewell!
- Joanne (05/01/2013)I love this shape and the colour is stunning. Will be investing in another I think!
- SouthcoastSJS (19/11/2012)This cardigan is gorgeous, beautiful, soft wool, very flattering shape. I chose Mulberry which is a stunning colour - a deep cerise and more beautiful than expected.
- Iwona Turner (08/10/2012)