Reviews of City Poncho
Add your review
We want you to be delighted with your purchases but if you do have any problems, please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review as we are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted using forenames/initials only and may be used for marketing purposes.
- Deborah (06/05/2020)
COLOUR: ConkerThis poncho has been unexpectedly useful as I broke my right arm skiing: it was so easy to put on! However even now that my arm is healed I am finding it really stylish and attractive. It looks lovely with my Marine blue silky roll neck.
- FIONA (16/04/2020)
COLOUR: ConkerI'm glad I finally ordered this poncho after dithering for months. I didn't think it would suit me, but It looks stylish and its warm. As an Autumn I decided to try the conker. Its more vibrant than I thought it would be, and goes well with other colours such as marine blue, green, ivory etc., etc.
- Lorraine (31/01/2020)
COLOUR: PoppyI love this poncho. the colour the cosiness. Everything about it. I hope Kettlewell bring back some more colours. You can just pop this on to keep warm or smarten up an outfit. I have the wonderful red which gives me a fabulous pop of colour. More Please Kettlewell.
- Joanna Sterling (23/01/2020)
COLOUR: Marine NavyA Marine Navy came back in and I grabbed it! I love this colour as a Winter basic so have a number of items in it. Works beautifully with Navy and Soft Teal, but this time I bought a Silky Polo in Lavender and it looks fabulous - had so many compliments. I am a Size 8, and just over five feet tall ..... Lies at my hip which means a super warm back. My partner calls this my "wonky top" because of the cut but he liked it so much that he offered to treat me to a second poncho and silky polo ..... Sadly, no colours left in the poncho which will suit me but hoping that this will make a reappearance next year (hinting for True Red and a proper Winter White for Summer and Winters, pretty please!)
- Olwen (07/01/2020)
COLOUR: Ultra VioletI have just bought my fourth poncho and I have given one to my mum as a Christmas present. They have a really flattering neckline and there is an excellent choice of colours. They are a bit more substantial than some on the market so they are most useful for Spring or Autumn when you might need an extra layer. You can shove them in your bag and get them out when it gets chilly.
- Jane (06/01/2020)
COLOUR: Marine NavyThis is a great colour and I wear it all the time - it looks great with jeans and somehow brings an outfit together.
- Helen (06/01/2020)
COLOUR: PoppyHave just bought one of these and wish I had bought it earlier and wish I could buy some more in my colours. So cosy
- Joanna (05/01/2020)
COLOUR: PoppySecond poncho I've bought and these are just gorgeous, the colours are just fab, real head turners! Have washed these on a very low heat and there both still great. I'm a size 16 and 5ft 8 and fits me great seeing as it's one size, My mum on the other hand 5ft 2 & size 10 not so great as it tends to swamp her a little. Well happy with my poppy red and jade green , worn mine through all seasons as they are so easy to chuck over any outfit from here to holidaying .. Great poncho well done kettlewell 5☆
- Emma (04/01/2020)
COLOUR: Dark EmeraldReceived my emerald poncho for Xmas. Absolutely fabulous colour. This is my 4th poncho and I love them all. Can be dressed up or down. Adding a scarf in a different colour makes them look even more fab. Wonder which colour to go for next.
- Leanne (26/12/2019)
COLOUR: Ultra VioletReally, really love this poncho. Beautiful colour, beautiful material, beautiful drape. Simple, uncomplicated garment what more could you want? I purchased this at the pre-Christmas discounted price. If it's still available am thinking of getting a red one too.
- Hayley (25/12/2019)
COLOUR: Rumba RedLovely warm poncho that looks elegant and very useful for an additional layer. I was able to buy it in the sale as otherwise it would have been a bit too expensive for me. Really pleased with it.
- Kate (24/12/2019)
COLOUR: ConkerLovely colour, warm and comfortable...I love it!
- Jill (24/12/2019)
COLOUR: Marine NavyI was hesitant about ordering from ‘ over the pond’. It all worked out smoothly and I am looking forward to spring offerings. This poncho in marine blue plays a major role in my autumn palette and does not disappoint. It offers a nice arty change from my usual crew necks and cardigans. I will also be open to a new color next fall. The fabric drapes beautifully and I have received many compliments. i am 5’4 and it does not overwhelm my straight body type. I love it. I would call it elegant. I like the neckline.
- Deborahblue (23/12/2019)This is the second poncho I have purchased; I find them useful for an extra layer on a cool dry day. They suit my slightly boho style for shopping and driving or just lounging at home with guests.
- Debbie (21/12/2019)
COLOUR: Kelly GreenThis is my second poncho. I have Poppy already and I love them both. They drape very well and feel soft and warm.
- Linda (19/12/2019)
COLOUR: PoppyBought the coveted City Poncho on sale. Very pleased with this in Poppy, as the Merino wool is a lovely quality, warm, and drapes beautifully. No problem with the neckline. My husband actually described it as elegant! Thanks Kettlewell.
- Kate (16/12/2019)
COLOUR: Marine NavyAbsolutely thrilled with my poncho. The colour is superb, and I am delighted. I have only just discovered the company, but their delivery is fantastic and their clothes are very smart and warm. I can thoroughly recommend them! Thank you!
- Liz (06/12/2019)
COLOUR: Marine Navyfantastic wardrobe additiion. colour fab.quality top. drapes beautifully
- jennie (05/12/2019)
COLOUR: Rumba RedI have just purchased the city poncho from you in Rumba red, it is actually a Christmas present for a friend. I ordered this colour because this is the palette of colours that she wears. I have not taken it out of the wrapper but it looks of good quality and the colour seems true to the photo as far as I can judge.I thought it would be a stylish extra layer to wear with jeans or smart trousers.
- Janet (19/11/2019)
COLOUR: Brilliant BlueI loved the style and the feel of this poncho. But it was not Brilliant Blue. Instead it was a rather dull teal colour. So rather disappointing and had to be returned.
- Claire (15/11/2019)
COLOUR: PoppyI love these ponchos because they drape beautifully and because the colours are truly gorgeous. This poncho instantly lifts any outfit and makes it more classy and elegant. Thank you Kettlewell!
- Lucy (12/11/2019)
COLOUR: ConkerI love the poncho and it has been much admired. My student daughter wants one too.
- Sue (31/10/2019)
COLOUR: Marine NavyI’m not usually a poncho wearer, but this has converted me. The merino wool is just the right weight: light but warm. But I think the marine navy colour is what makes me happiest of all.
- Toots (29/10/2019)
COLOUR: Kelly GreenThis may be my all time favorite Kettlewell purchase. I don’t normally look good in ponchos. Love the fabric - looks great, nice drape, not too heavy or stiff which keeps ponchos from looking like a big tent. It’s a shorter poncho then some - nice for me (5’4”) but may be too short for taller women. I got the Kelly green which I love - goes with so many colors. Thinking of ordering a second color.
- Linda (17/10/2019)
COLOUR: Brilliant BlueGorgeous colour , lovely and warm. Quite expensive but, as always with Kettlewell, the quality is excellent.
- Karen (14/10/2019)
COLOUR: Kelly GreenI bought the poncho for an extra layer over my work jackets when I walk to work on autumn mornings and it's perfect. Material warm and soft. It has a label on it about bobbling but mine hasn't yet. Kelly green is a great colour for springs - sorry everyone else! I'm 5ft 6inches, size 12, straight shoulders and it sits well as long as you accept one arm is covered and the other not.
- Jane (13/10/2019)
COLOUR: Bright JadeThis a versatile item, stylish and flattering. I love it! Will definitely be buying in more colours.
- Liz (13/10/2019)
COLOUR: Dark AmethystBought my third poncho in amethyst. I love these with the Florence scarfs. Cosy for autumn days and lovely to take on holiday for the cooler evenings. Will definitely buy more in other colours.
- Leanne (13/10/2019)
COLOUR: SapphireWanted something smart-casual instead of my usual jacket and also something bright to fend off the onset of dull days so chose Sapphire & it's absolutely fabulous! Soft to the touch & rolls up for easy packing. Very versatile as can be dressed up with a sparkly brooch or long necklace/beads and floaty skirt or down with jeans & tee-shirt. Receive so many compliments every time I wear it it, so couldn't be happier! Would definitely recommend it!
- Helen (13/10/2019)
COLOUR: Dark AmethystI bought poncho because it sounded like a nice change to a cardi. I love it, its so versatile, fits in the handbag, I love the bright colour. I am 5.3'' and the length is perfect, material is fabulous.
- Olga (28/09/2019)
COLOUR: Bright JadeFully road-tested my new poncho on a European city break. It was a useful extra layer when needed in the daytime and a chic cover up in the evening. Brilliant.
- Barbara (27/09/2019)
COLOUR: Brilliant BlueI bought one in bright teal and one in blue. The colours were glorious but I just couldn't make them sit nicely. I'm a size 10 and about 5ft 4inches but however I fiddled with them, they looked strange. Sadly I had to return them.
- Lynn (25/09/2019)
COLOUR: Brilliant BlueLove love love
- Lynn (25/09/2019)
COLOUR: Poppy3rd poncho purchase; this time in ever practical red. This is such an easy layering piece; super practical; great for traveling or in between seasons. It might be helpful to other customers who are on the fence about buying this because of uncertainty on how to wear the neckline, if you would post a video "how to" on wearing this poncho.
- Nancy (10/09/2019)
COLOUR: Marine NavyI ordered this in teal and returned it a while ago but I kept looking at it online and decided to have another go with this in marine navy, glad I did, it looks lovely. It sits very well and is very flattering on a larger person, love the colour and it will go with so much. The wool seems good quality, definitely a pop on to add a bit of style!
- Deborah (20/08/2019)
COLOUR: Bright JadeI already have a navy version of this poncho from a few seasons ago and decided a brighter one might also be useful. I thought I would go for the bright jade while its still available and it's gorgeous. As others have said this poncho the perfect travelling companion.
- Barbara (13/07/2019)
COLOUR: Bright JadeI bought this thinking ooh onesie, not going to fit me as I was a size 18 . But to my surprise it fits a treat. Its beautiful and the fabric is so soft. Colour amazing & It makes me feel good wearing it, I get noticed lol. The price is a little bit expensive but i think it will be money worth spent in the end! I took this abroad in may and was fab for cooler evenings as it feels light, also be could for Autumn/ Winter in & out of the car. The neck line is fab for me too as it's slightly cowl neck and at an angle totally recommend ! Very happy customer.
- Emma (04/07/2019)
COLOUR: True TealLovely colour and fabric but returned it as I couldn’t get the neck to sit properly - it looked messy.
- Jan (10/05/2019)
COLOUR: CreamI bought this as a present for a friend. Having bought other knitwear for myself I like like the quality and the style. My friend was delighted with it.
- Kim (01/05/2019)
COLOUR: True TealThis is my third city poncho, and it did not disappoint. The teal colour is lovely a bright, and the quality as good as before. The neat, practical nature of this poncho is just perfect for travelling, working from home and/or carrying rolled up in a handbag for the cinema, shopping in air conditioned stores, or weekends away. Love, love, love!
- Marcia (25/04/2019)I bought this poncho last year in purple. The color is beautiful and the knit so soft. I take it on Travels with me because it looks fabulous for casual wear or semi formal. It’s great on flights when I need to get cozy if the plane gets chilly or to cover up for a nap. I’m still trying to decide what other might be as versatile as the purple. I am a Spring and for outerwear prefer something a little subdued. I would highly recommend this lovely poncho!
- Marsha (31/03/2019)
COLOUR: NavyI have two of these ponchos, and love them. Very easy and comfortable to wear, they add just that little extra warmth. Lovely colours.
- Alison (31/03/2019)
COLOUR: Bright JadeFabulous colour so adaptable to so many outfits, not going to be my only purchase
- Janet (31/03/2019)
COLOUR: True TealA very nice quality poncho which stands in as a coat on not-too-cold days. It is a lot longer and weightier than similar ones I’ve got so it looks more dressy and substantial. Very easy to wear and the colour ( teal blue) goes with many things in my wardrobe.
- Kaytee (31/03/2019)
COLOUR: True TealFabulous poncho, so easy to wear. Lightweight so is an all year round staple in my opinion. Will probably buy another.
- Carol (21/03/2019)
COLOUR: Cobalt BlueFabulous strong bright colour. This is my third poncho - they are so useful and easy to wear, while the great colour choices set them apart from high street ponchos and wraps.
- Ali D (28/02/2019)
COLOUR: Lavender MarlAlthough I found the poncho slightly shorter on me (5'10") than shown on the two models who are 5'11" and 5'10" on the website, I not only kept the beautiful Lavender Marl, but made additional purchases of the Navy and the Light Gray Marl. I clearly have a longer torso than those two models, which is why the Poncho appears shorter on me. I love the warmth and light weight of these ponchos, and the color they add. In addition, they provide an angular dimension that suits my clothing personality and my frame. All in all a great product for me.
- Carrie (23/02/2019)
COLOUR: Bright JadeLove this poncho! I now have two and they are so beautiful. The drape of the fabric is very flattering and the colour is gorgeous.
- Lucy (20/02/2019)
COLOUR: Bright Navy MarlThis has been perfect for travelling and folds away neatly if not needed at your destination. I am now considering another colour, probably bright jade. The same style in a lighter weight knit would be lovely for S/S, perhaps a little shorter too.
- Barbara (16/02/2019)
COLOUR: True TealA bit taken back at how small this was when i unpacked it, just a square / oblong with a slit in it, i could not get the neck to sit properly and it was far too short, on body and arms, to be practical or stylish, in my view. Definitely massively over priced for me. Even the teal colour was not quite what I expected. I ordered a cobalt blue as well as a present but sadly both are going back.
- Deborah (04/02/2019)
COLOUR: EmeraldWow, I have this poncho in Emerald, Navy, Cobalt and Festival Fushia and I love it then all. Please please bring out a true red for next year as that could complete my range x
- Gillian (02/02/2019)
COLOUR: Bright JadeThis is a beautiful poncho that looks elegant and stylish whilst remaining comfortable and cosy. I got so many compliments the first day I wore it, particularly as the colour is so striking and vibrant. Highly recommended and already picking my next colour!!!
- Liz (31/01/2019)
COLOUR: Lavender MarlThis is my 2nd poncho purchase. This time I purchased the lavender marl; which is a beautiful shade between purple and pale lavender. It's a nice, vibrant, rich shade. My daughters so loved the first one I bought, that they want one for themselves! Super easy to throw on and go, while looking great.
- Nancy (19/12/2018)
COLOUR: Festival FuchsiaFantastic poncho! It has a wonderful depth of colour and soft, non-itchy fabric. I can't usually wear wool but am fine with this garment. It drapes beautifully and doesn't swamp me. I'm very tempted to buy a second one!
- SA (14/12/2018)
COLOUR: CreamBought as a present for my wife Excellent product with , both quality’s and style
- Mel (14/12/2018)
COLOUR: Rustic Red MarlLove the city poncho...It's my third! However, this was only bought because I shrunk my last one (on a wool wash in the washing machine, so watch out). The cat does love my shrunk poncho, though, and it makes a lovely cat bed lining!!
- Elizabeth (12/12/2018)
COLOUR: True TealTop choice!!!
- Ismini (10/12/2018)I love this poncho, the merino will makes it warm and the perfect additional warm layer for shopping. Cobalt blue is one of my favourites and works perfectly with lots of different colours in my spring palette. Currently my favourite combination is cobalt blue with chocolate brown. Would now love to add a jade poncho one to my wardrobe.
- Debbie (30/11/2018)
COLOUR: True TealWow! This true teal is even better looking in person than it is online; much, much brighter and more vibrant in hue. So easy to throw on and dash out the door, with that "pop" of color right by your face. Nice and cosy weight. This is my first poncho, and it won't be my last!
- Nancy (21/11/2018)
COLOUR: Light Grey MarlThis poncho exceeded my expectations! It is easy to wear and is exactly the right weight! It will be great on holidays (on the aeroplane as well as on cooler nights) and is a versatile item. I have been looking for ages for a stylish 'cover up' like this and now I have found it!
- Fiona S (04/11/2018)
COLOUR: Royal PurpleLove the colour. The shape is pretty standard. My reservation is about the weave which is more open than I had expected.
- Sarah (29/10/2018)
COLOUR: EmeraldFabulous colours and quality ! Will definitely buy from you again !
- Brenda (24/10/2018)
COLOUR: Bright JadeBeautiful light weight poncho. I bought it in bright jade which goes wonderfully with everything,I love this! Just the right length at 5’4”.
- Stella (18/10/2018)
COLOUR: Bright JadeI love this poncho! The colour is fabulous, the length is great, not too long to get tangled between my legs and the texture is a lovely thick, weighty knit. Love it!
- Jane (13/10/2018)
COLOUR: Cobalt BlueI bought the City Poncho in cobalt and I’m absolutely delighted with it. Beautiful colour and excellent quality. The wool is beautifully soft. It has a flattering neckline and is just the right length. Fantastic!
- Linda Cook (09/10/2018)
COLOUR: CreamLove this simple cover up. Adds a touch of elegance for evening over casual jeans and top.
- Penny Taylor (08/10/2018)
COLOUR: CreamI wanted a 'wrap' that wasn't a pashmina style but that was warm and covered my waistline. I'm 5'2" and bought the cream colour. We have the occasional fight as I try to adjust it, but I am delighted with my purchase. It easily comes below waist line depending how you style it. Its also good quality and lovely and warm. Its also as suitable for wear with Jeans or a nice dress. Highly recommend.
- Beverley (06/10/2018)I bought the poncho for my daughter in law’s birthday. It makes a great gift, one size and a shape that suits most people. She loves it and thinks the colour, ochre, is fabulous .
- Linda Caller (05/10/2018)
COLOUR: Bright JadeGorgeous garment which hangs beautifully but not correct colour for me. It seemed the wrong shape on me but I might be the wrong shape for it being an above average height pear. I’m going to order navy as it looks nice with the pink polo - I’d like to know if available in bright navy as I noticed was low stock v quickly.
- Sarah Willis-Owen (05/10/2018)
COLOUR: Lavender MarlLove my poncho which arrived very quickly. True to the colour shown, the quality and thickness of the fabric was even better than anticipated, so will see me through to the chilliest of days when I don’t want to wear a bulky coat. First order with Kettlewell & very pleased - now where did I put that brochure?!
- Rosie Mark (04/10/2018)
COLOUR: EmeraldThrilled with my green City Poncho. I have had so many compliments whilst wearing it. It is a flattering shape, well made and excellent value for money.
- Lucy J (02/10/2018)
COLOUR: True TealMy third City Poncho, this time in beautiful True Teal. The shape is so simple and striking and it's very versatile. Lovely!
- Artist Helen (01/10/2018)
COLOUR: NavyI love this poncho (in navy which is not in my colour palette but as it’s quite a light navy it works) unfussy but really stylish. I thought it might be awkward to wear when carrying a shoulder bag or using a seatbelt, but it’s not. Blows around a bit in the wind, but that’s a problem with the Scottish weather rather than the poncho!
- Jane Muirhead (01/10/2018)
COLOUR: True TealI have a poncho/wrap from another company and found it too fussy to enjoy wearing. The Kettlewell poncho is just right: not too much material, a good weight of fabric so it hangs well. Look forward to using it when travelling.
- Pat - blue Spring (25/09/2018)
COLOUR: Marine NavyGreat poncho. Very versatile and looks good with jeans or more formal clothes. It drapes nicely and is easy to wear.
- Zoe (23/09/2018)
COLOUR: True TealI have absolutely no idea when I’ll wear this - or with what - but I love it anyway! If I do wear it more than I fear, I’ll definitely buy another.
- AJM (23/09/2018)
COLOUR: NavyI bought this poncho in navy and instantly loved it. It is perfect for Autumn weather and looks really classy. I am absolutely delighted with it and thnk it will become a wardrobe staple.
- Beverley Harlow (22/09/2018)
COLOUR: True TealLovely and soft. Warm yet weightless. Lovely colour
- Gill (22/09/2018)
COLOUR: Indian OchreI love these ponchos, I now own 4 in a variety of autumn shades! They are so versatile, working with everything, from wearing over jeans for a casual weekend look, to being a stylish alternative to a jacket over a formal work dress.
- Carol Gibson (22/09/2018)
COLOUR: Festival FuchsiaThis is the best poncho I have ever found. They are effortlessly stylish and they instantly add a touch of glamour! I have two, the royal purple and festival fuchsia. I am itching to buy cobalt blue now and emerald or jade! Deciding on the colour is the hardest decision. These truly are an excellent buy.
- Helen (22/09/2018)
COLOUR: Festival FuchsiaThis is a fantastic poncho. Highly highly recommended it. I couldn't decide for ages whether to buy it and if so what colour. In the end I went for it and chose festival fuchsia. It's a superb stylish cover up and the colour is rich and deep and looks great with navy and denim. I now am sorely tempted to buy another...
- Ali D (22/09/2018)
COLOUR: EmeraldI absolutely love my new poncho! It’s easy to wear and gives warmth without being too heavy. The emerald green colour is really vibrant and goes with everything. It looks great on its own or with a scarf.
- Teena (21/09/2018)I LOVE this poncho & have it in two colours: Chocolate Marl & Marine Blue. Easy to wear, perfect weight, & I've had several compliments when wearing each of them :-)
- Suzy (12/09/2018)
COLOUR: Rustic Red MarlReally pleased. Good quality and a great colour. Another kettlewell addition to my wardrobe!
- Esheila crossley (12/09/2018)
COLOUR: EmeraldI bought 2 of these ponchos last year and they were, without doubt, my best purchases of the year! So much so, that I've treated myself to 2 more this year. Being petite, poncho type garments often drown me, but these are perfect - they drape beautifully and the merino is wonderfully soft.
- Jo (01/09/2018)
COLOUR: Indian OchreLovely poncho can't wait to wear it when it's a bit cooler
- Barb (03/08/2018)Love this poncho. It’s a beautiful rich purple colour with gorgeous drape. I had already purchased another in nimbus and was so delighted with it that I decided to buy another one. Thank you Kettlewell!
- Lucy (02/07/2018)The purchase of this poncho seems to have instigated a heatwave therefore not yet worn!! However, it is a stunning colour (purple), beautifully soft and drapes perfectly. I had looked at many others but this one was appealing because of the length of it. I’m sure it will be just what I need as a layer for cool evenings on holiday in the Rocky Mountains. Can’t yet comment on how it wears or washes but I’m full of hope!
- Alison (25/06/2018)I love the Festival Fuschia color. I wish they made the Darcy top and other summer tops like the long cami, in this color. Please, Kettlewell, make other high neck 3/4 or 1/2 sleeve tops in this color.
- Nina (16/06/2018)Fab in every respect. My second poncho, this time in pink. Glorious rich colour. Super quality. Easy to wear over jeans, or over a smart dress. Thoroughly recommended!
- Daphne (08/06/2018)this is my favourite winter item by far! I am a spring and the navy marle is gorgeous and goes with everything. I am 5ft2 and it sits very nicely covering my butt and front bits. I have a noticeable lower belly paunch (operations) so i need to cover this area without material engulfing me...i just cannot believe how nicely this sits. It's actually a very slimming piece. The material is a bit thicker than it looks in the pictures but absolutely perfect for a Brisbane, Australia winter. The neckline sits really beautifully too.
- Michelle (29/05/2018)I have just ordered my 4th poncho! I swap colours to match with different outfits. I love the V shape and the neck style is very flattering. I wear my ponchos for all occasions and they wash really well. Thank you Kettlewells and please keep making them (forever).
- Paula (18/05/2018)Bought this is royal purple after having my colours done recently and absolutely love it. Wear it with my infinity scarfs and it looks great. Had so many compliments when I’ve worn it. Now trying to decide between fushia pink or navy. Brilliant poncho!!!!
- Leanne (31/03/2018)I bought the poncho in royal purple a few weeks ago thinking it would be a good buy with spring on the way. However, since winter stuck around I've been bundling in my biggest coat and didn't get a chance to wear the poncho until today. I love it! Love the colour, love the style, love the feel of it. I was complimented 3 times and I felt great!
- Emma (07/03/2018)What a wonderful item of clothing! Practical, warm, modern, flattering. I have worn my blue shade in summer over dresses and tops, in autumn with blouses and in winter with thick rollnecks. I snuggle my children in it, my baby cuddles with it ... Please never stop making this item, as I would still buy it in 20 years.
- Diana Gill (06/02/2018)I have just bought this in navy. I also was a bit surprised to find that the poncho looked asymmetrical on me, particularly the collar, as I have very short hair. I decided to try it with the v shape at the front which makes the thicker collar nice and cosy at the back. Wore it last night to keep myself cosy at a lecture with a roll neck and bright scarf peering out of the top. Now very pleased. In my opinion the models are wearing it incorrectly and their long hair hides the collar problem.So perhaps Kettlewell can include some photos of it worn this way in the next catalogue.
- Melanie Calnan (01/02/2018)LOVE this! I initially bought the mixed spice & wore it all the time in late Autumn, early Winter - absolutely perfect to throw on & look good; & much warmer than I thought it would be. At Christmas I got the marine blue one too, & although I haven't worn it yet, I will once the weather warms up a little!
- Suzanne (19/01/2018)Lovely colour (festive fushia). I have received lots of great comments.
- Kay (06/01/2018)I have several of these ponchos. They are lightweight but very warm and a good enough size to give ample coverage. I have just bought the amethyst colour. Absolutely stunning. Worth every penny.
- Lynn Pascoe (01/01/2018)Poncho,fantastic, service a1!
- Jess Vivers (01/01/2018)Beautiful! Colour and quality of this poncho is wonderful.
- Sally Dean (28/12/2017)Bought the Navy version for a friend who feels the cold but sometimes has a problem with sleeves. I liked it so much I ordered one for myself. The merino has a lovely fine quality without being thin.
- Barbara (27/12/2017)I have recently purchased 2 ponchos and love them both; colour and design are flattering.
- Paula Symonds (23/12/2017)I love this poncho. I’ve now ordered and received it in another colour. Quick and effective way to achieve effortless style. So versatile and the quality material makes it very versatile.
- Carol Sutton (05/12/2017)I really fancied trying a poncho and bought the deep claret shade. Initially I simply couldn't work out how to wear it! The hole is not in the middle, for a start, then the neckline seems a bit haphazard plus the end result was asymmetrical. So I looked at the website and catalogue and realised this was how it was meant to be! I got my deeply organised head round all this and am enjoying wearing it, a scarf helps with any neckline worries. It is quite simple to put on and off, although why it should always initially end up with the label on the outside is beyond me. Easy to wear and warm, I am looking forward to wearing it on a plane journey next week as it packs down so small.
- Jane Booth (29/11/2017)Pleased with poncho haven’t had the opportunity to wear it yet but colour great and i’m sure it will get an outing soon.
- Linda (17/11/2017)Initially ordered the Festive Fuschia to wear over a dress to a family wedding. The colour is lovely but I wasn't sure it quite went with the dress so ordered a second in deep claret which matches colours in the dress better. The deep claret is a beautifully rich colour. Wedding is tomorrow so looking forward to wearing it to keep off the chill. Am keeping both ponchos as the colours are very flattering.
- Shirley (17/11/2017)The Mixed Spice colour is absolutely stunning, however, having never worn a Poncho before, I was very unsure of it, especially the neckline, so visited my stylist for a second opinion. Since then, teamed up with my new scarf, I'm enjoying it and feeling very stylish. I've not washed it yet, so can't comment on how well that fairs. Just hoping the rain stays away so I can wear it more often instead of a coat.
- Sue (15/11/2017)Was just about to return the poncho and had another look on line and see I put it on wrongly. Most awkward and unattractive neck. Very thin - I can't imagine it being very warm. I'll wear it with the chocolate trousers and I have the Antique Moss shirt and the Florence scarf (in the same) colour and the ensemble looks ok. I think the price of £69 is expensive for a thin oblong of knitted fabric. Looking at the other reviews, I see my lack of enthusiasm isn't shared by others. However I shall keep it and hope for my love for it grows.
- madeleine harrington (09/11/2017)I bought this is Indian Ochre and it looks fabulous. It’s perfect to wear from my car to work and goes really well with my brown jersey trousers. It’s lighter in weight than I thought though, and won’t be warm enough for really cold winter days which is a shame as it makes it quite expensive if I have to buy something additional for winter A really beautiful item though!
- Mel Porter (08/11/2017)Fabulous poncho! Bought it in the ochre yellow colour and it is so lovely and have had lots of compliments when wearing it. May just have to treat myself to another colour!
- Katie Crowe (06/11/2017)I am a huge fan of ponchos having purchased one elsewhere last year and was delighted to see them being sold by Kettlewell Colours. I could not resist buying one and love it. The colour is gorgious (I am a winter). It feels weighty and warm and I am planning to wear it over a dress to a wedding next month. i love it so much have just ordered a second one in a different colour.
- Shirley (25/10/2017)Love this poncho for between seasons. Easy to throw on over most things, and occasional wear it when I'm sitting at my desk on a chilly day. Good buy.
- Caroline. (14/10/2017)Bought this poncho to go over my dress for an autumn wedding was just the job , was not sure if it was going well to be any good for me as only 5ft and was worried it would be to long but not the case and have worn it a lot since . Very pleased with purchase.
- Hilary Williams (11/10/2017)A lovely lightweight yet cosy cover up. Can’t wait to buy another one!
- Sue (05/10/2017)Very nice quality poncho; lightweight but warm. A lovely colour that compliments my wardrobe.
- Margaret (03/10/2017)If you can only buy one item this season buy this fabulous poncho which you will wear time & time again! In wonderful bright colours ( but a true red for Xmas would be festive too?!) to provide a pop of colour over your outfit for the day/evening. Lovely & warm but not too bulky for driving/shopping as you have your arms free. Well made in cosy merino wool too! Elegant everyday wear to ensure that whatever your day holds, you live your life in colour!
- Alison (27/09/2017)This is one of the best things I've bought. It goes with everything. Ive worn it casual and dressed up. Ive had so many nice comments wearing it. Will definitely be buying another colour.
- Janet (26/09/2017)I had been tempted to buy a poncho before but had hesitated as they all seemed too short; this is a great length and keeps me warm too. The colour marine blue is lovely and will go well with my autumn wardrobe. May just have to invest in another later in the season!
- Nina Brown (26/09/2017)This is the perfect autumn layer - sling on over any top, it is so wearable. I ordered the bright navy and it goes with everything.
- Lucy Knight (25/09/2017)I bought this poncho in royal purple and it arrived speedily. It’s a gorgeous colour, a great shape (not too roomy), very cosy and not at all itchy. A perfect cover up for cool September mornings. I love it!
- Gail J (25/09/2017)Purchased this poncho in the bright navy marl, so so pleased with it. It certainly brightens my day when I wear it. It’s light though cosy and looks really chic on. I’ve had so many compliments from friends and relatives. It would be brilliant to take on a plane journey when you don’t want the bulk of a coat. It doesn’t really need dressing up but I’m sure it will look great with a contrasting infinity scarf when I feel I need that little extra something to complete my outfit.
- Hilary (25/09/2017)This is a really lovely poncho. I bought it in festival fuchsia, not sure whether the shade would be too bright for my summer colouring. It turned out to be an excellent choice which goes well with navy and grey.
- Anne (23/09/2017)I love the weight of this poncho, soft enough to drape but thick enough to stay warm. The navy marl goes great with jeans, add some colour at the neck with one of the infinity scarves and good to go!
- Louise Taylor (23/09/2017)After reading so many great reviews I decided to purchase one of these ponchos. I can now see why they have scored so well! I bought the bright coral which is absolutely stunning. The style just works, it brings something special to my outfit. I'd love to see it in some other bright spring colours, perhaps aqua marine or Kerry geeen?!
- Vicky millard (23/09/2017)I have three of these ponchos in Autumn colours. They are great for travelling and to wear this time of year. Very stylish and a lovely quality wool.
- Sue J (19/09/2017)I've been waiting for these to come back in stock and have just bought one in Royal Purple - it is fabulous! Excellent quality and drape and this colour is wonderful with my Blue Spring palette. Highly recommend.
- Sarah (14/09/2017)Really thrilled with my emerald green poncho! Quality is excellent and the length on me is perfect (I'm 5'5"). It will be the perfect extra layer this autumn and winter.
- Maria (12/09/2017)Love this little bright navy poncho, it will certainly brighten up my outfits this autumn. Good quality and super soft.
- Hilary Hart (12/09/2017)Received the beautiful Fushia Pink this morning! It is fab, warm and so stylish. The colour is amazing to brighten your jeans up (i'm a winter) on a chilly day. I am going to order the navy, definitely worth the investment. It can easily be folded up in your bag neatly to just grab and throw on. I would love to see these Poncho's in a true red please Kettelwell?? Thank you!
- Sara (11/09/2017)I kept watching this item, hoping it would come into the sale. Eventually I just gave in and purchased it full price, and it was definitely worth it. Great quality with just the right amount of drape to flatter your figure whilst skimming over the lumps and bumps! Would love to see a lighter autumn shade, like coral, to brighten up winter outfits
- Katie S (31/08/2017)This is a really quality item. I dithered over it for ages as i wasn't sure it would suit a pear shape, but it's long enough and can be turned around to drape in different places. I got the chocolate marl which will go with everything. Great value in the sale. I hope to get a lot of wear out of this.
- Caroline (22/06/2017)Great purchase - will buy another. It's perfect over lots of tops that are difficult to wear with a jacket ( such as Tasha) so has extended the wear of items I already have.
- Carole H (27/04/2017)Love the poncho.The colour gores with everything!It hangs beautifully and is so warm I want another but they have all sold out! Obviously a popular product so why not have more in stock?
- Nicki wilson (11/04/2017)Your city poncho is my go to extra layer and I have more than one! The colours are beautiful and I love adding an extra pop of colour to them with scarves or jewellery. More please next season!
- Alison (25/03/2017)I LOVE this city poncho, I want it in every colour! Everytime I wear my emerald green one, I get non-stop compliments about it! It's smart casual, whilst covering up all my lumps and bumps!!
- Clare Dudley-Williams (25/03/2017)Just bought my third colour in the sale. I love this item; it's a beautiful material and hangs flatteringly. It's cosy to wear, but also easy to move in enabling one to work in it as well as relax. A great purchase that can really brighten up an outfit.
- Sian (09/03/2017)I was given the poncho in City Grey and I love it. I haven't had a poncho since I was a child and this is a million miles away from that. The drape and colour are beautiful and the quality of the wool is excellent. It is cosy without being overpowering - even at my height of 5' 2" the length works. I have just bought one in Moroccan blue for my mother and it is the most stunning colour and very flattering. She was delighted with it and it was great value for me as it was 30% off!
- Susan (09/03/2017)I'm very pleased with my light grey poncho. It's ideal for layering and would fit easily into hand luggage for travel.
- Eileen Lang (08/03/2017)I've never worn a poncho before so not sure what to expect. The poncho is lovely, it hangs beautifully and can be worn in different ways. The quality of the material is really good.
- Trixie576 (02/03/2017)Thrilled to bits with my poncho . Bought oyster marl which goes with most colours. It feels so soft ,hangs well , beautiful quality and makes me feel elegant
- Alison (03/02/2017)"I purchased this poncho in the January sale and in colour Blackberry marl. It is excellent value for money even at full price and the colour is beautiful. It is lovely and warm and I really enjoy wearing it, having got lots of compliments. I am 5ft 4ins tall and the length is perfect. It’s very neat and simple and hangs well without loads of excess fabric flapping around. The neck is nice too, simple and elegant. I really can’t fault it but would love to see a greater variety of colours, especially some summer pastels, as this garment is a good additional layer all through the year."
- Carol (02/02/2017)Haven't actually worn this yet as weather has been very cold. Thought it would be most useful for early spring and autumn. Bought oyster marl which will go with everything, lovely fabric, hangs beautifully and feels soft and nice. Bought in sale so good value. Will look to buying a bright colour in future.
- Muriel Vernon (26/01/2017)I purchased the spring green poncho and I'm thrilled with it ! It is very stylish and elegant and being 5'6" it is a beautiful fit and ideal length ! I have received lots of comments and am recalling looking forward to wearing it in Spring and summer with white jeans !!! Well done I am new to Kettlewell and love the way you use natural fibres and source products in Europe .! Will be making lots of other purchases.
- Íde Tóibín (23/01/2017)Absolutely beautiful colour in blackberry. Soft and warm. Love it!
- Chris pole (19/01/2017)I bought this in the January sale, so it was excellent value for money. The quality is excellent as I always expect from Kettlewell. I bought it in the blackberry marl which is a really lovely warm and rich colour. The style is modern with simple clean lines but clever in that it can be worn in more than one way and hangs really well due to the quality of the wool. I am 5ft 4ins and find the length good for me. I would love to buy the red but sadly there are none left in the sale. Highly recommend.
- Carol (19/01/2017)I ordered the paprika colour which is a little redder (rather than orangey as appeared online) than expected, but it is lovely! It is soft, warm without being heavy and hangs beautifully. I would definitely recommend this item and am very pleased with the purchase. It is extremely versatile, as other reviewers have mentioned; I have worn it indoors, as well as outdoors with a long scarf, which works well.
- Lorraine Holden (18/01/2017)Lovely colour (orange). Hangs beautifully. Not as thick as I expected. It isn't a winter coat, but a lovely jumper. Rather expensive at full price. Better in the sale. I do put my winter coat on top but it isn't very comfortable as there is a lot of bulk which doesn't fit down my coat sleeves.
- Andrea (12/01/2017)This is a fantastic addition to my wardrobe and having initially bought Cherry red I now have it in Blackberry marl. The shape is unusual and very flattering. I need to be careful of necklines underneath otherwise it looks cluttered and I prefer the clean lines this poncho gives when centre stage. The fabric is beautifully soft and doesn't crease when I leave it slung over the banister! This has taken over from the long cascade cardigan as the central point of my wardrobe.
- Kate (12/01/2017)Stunning green poncho. Beautiful quality as is always the case with Kettlewell. Light weight merino wool but very warm and a good coverage unlike some ponchos. I would purchase more but Kettlewell have sadly run out of my colours.
- Lynn Pascoe (06/12/2016)The blackberry marl is a gorgeous color, but sadly at 5'3" I felt the poncho was a little long for me.
- Samantha (01/12/2016)It was as fine as I'd hope and hung beautifully. The silvery/grey was a delicate colour, but before I'd had a chance to wear it, my daughter borrowed it to wear over her dress at a wedding! As a result, I've just bought her one for Christmas. Sadly, hers wasn't in the sale!!!
- Cindy Heywood (24/11/2016)I already had the Magenta of this poncho which I bought a couple of years and I just bought the Sapphire version of it. Beautiful, rich colours and they feel lovely to wear - really warm and comfortable, without feeling bulky. Also, great to wear over a heavy coat in winter for that extra layer and a bit of bright colour in the darkness!
- Aliki Georgiou (21/11/2016)I've never had a poncho before but just love this! I've got the sapphire as I'm a winter and it will go with all my neutrals. I feel really stylish when I wear it!!
- Ros Howe (14/11/2016)Just received the cherry red one. I love it. It's sharp in styling, it hangs well, with angles, and the neck stands up a bit. I want to wear it indoors, and I'm happy to find that I can do things in it (the arms are free), and I can put a coat over it if I want to go out. Brilliant! I like the colour a lot, but I would say it's more scarlet than cherry red.
- Myra (12/11/2016)Ordered the Dark Olive which is beautifully rich and deep and great to wear with the Jenna tunic top. Benefits drom a pop of glowing autumnal colour from the beautiful Florence Infinity scarves to complete the ensemble. It's a warm, light and practical poncho and I hope to get another one soon!
- Judith (30/10/2016)I have the burnt orange poncho and it's a beautiful colour vibrant and works well with other colour combinations. A silky polo in an autumn navy would work well. It's warm comfortable and light in weight.
- Sue (29/10/2016)Great item, very elegant and classy. I went for Moroccan blue and I am really pleased with it!
- Dori (16/10/2016)Purchased for a present(special friends already have a garment from Kettlewell) and truly recipient over the moon. I must have purchased over 30/40 garments for myself and friends and always delighted with quality but also the wonderful range of colours offered..
- val mitchell (15/10/2016)Bought the dark green poncho. Gorgeous fabric and toasty warm. Great addition to my wardrobe.
- Tricia (15/10/2016)I love this poncho, it's so handy to slip over whatever I'm wearing without the bulkiest of a coat or jacket. Lovely colours and soft, good quality feel.
- Elizabeth Hanks (15/10/2016)Very pleased with this. Bought in Blackberry marl...fabulous colour. I have had so many compliments when wearing this over jeans and a dress...comments range from gorgeous colour to very elegant. Plain and simple elegance with no need to embellishments. Hangs well and only need to check that is s evenly positioned.
- Mo Austin (09/10/2016)I've just bought this in Cherry Red and love it. I hangs beautifully (once I'd put my head in the right place!) A real "pop of colour" and nice quality.
- Helen Hanson (03/10/2016)Very pleased with this. Colour is great and quality very good. A very versatile addition to the wardrobe. Great with skinny jeans, can look smart or casual. Think I'm going to be wearing this a lot!
- Janet (03/10/2016)Exactly what I have been looking for - lightweight but warm enough for autumn weather. The colour - Mexican Blue - was pretty true to the computer representation, friends call it petrol blue. Anyway its great and feels really good quality
- Jane (30/09/2016)I love this poncho! Perfect for all seasons and at any time of year. I bought it in pink and the colour is great. Very true to the website and picture. Living in Scotland it will be worn as much in the summer months as over the winter!
- Emily Stevens (04/07/2016)I used to think ponchos were only for Spaghetti Westerns but this one, my first, is simple in style, contemporary and great with skinny trousers, crops or a straight knee length skirt or dress. Nice quality wool, drapes beautifully. A good garment for inside or outdoors and you can sit inside somewhere cold without looking like you're wearing a coat. Turquoise is an intense, rich, bright yet subtle colour. It's sold out but if it comes back again, well worth trying. Fabulous with both dark and light colours also with similar tones.
- Sally (21/11/2015)I had been waiting for this poncho to come back into stock (chestnut marl) and fortunately it did! Received it this morning, but gutted as the colour is "cooler" than I would have liked - I am warm autumn and it is not "warm" enough for me, so very reluctantly I will have to return it. However it is a lovely quality and good size.
- Helen Willis (21/11/2015)I have worn this daily since it arrived, so useful at work. It goes with so many different outfits, my best winter buy.
- Helen (21/10/2015)Great quality and not too heavy. Ideally would like a petite version so the points don't hang down too far, but I'm keeping it anyway.
- Gilly (01/10/2015)I was a bit hesitant about ordering this item as ponchos don't normally suit me but this one is really 'neat' and I love it. The merino wool is light but warm and will be great for inter-seasonal weather as well as for wearing round a shopping mall when I don't want to be bundled up in a coat.
- Debbie (18/09/2015)I wore the sapphire poncho out this weekend for the first time and got lots of lovely comments on it. The colour is fab on me (a winter). I never thought I would suit a poncho but I absolutely love this and it will gets lots of wear this winter.
- Becky (14/09/2015)