Reviews of Classic Camisole
Add your review
We want you to be delighted with your purchases but if you do have any problems, please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review as we are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted using forenames/initials only and may be used for marketing purposes.
SIZE: LL COLOUR: RaspberryThis camisole looked so enticing that I accidentally bought two of them! But I don't need two, so I'm sending this one back, hoping to exchange for a different colour.
- Diana (07/07/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: LobeliaHave bought 3 of these this summer, acid yellow ( a new colour for me), ice blue ( I didn’t have any) and lobelia (because I love the colour). They fit well and I use them under the wrap tops or on their own. Like the adjustable straps so that you can get them to provide the right amount of modesty. Before writing this just had a peak at the website and the long camisole has gone in the sale, so have just bought cerise, silver and emerald! A few more wardrobe gaps plugged - thank you Kettlewell.
- Sue (06/07/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Mint IceReturning unopened as decided colour --though pretty -- wasn't quite what i wanted/needed at the moment.
- M-L (02/07/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: RaspberryLovely cheering colour: I rarely wear red but this will peep out nicely form beneath my more standard colours to give a bit of a'lift'; as usual the Kettlewell cami fits well, once strap adjusted for my short waist.
- M-L (02/07/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: RaspberryThis sturdy camisole is a perfect match for my existing dress.
- Diana (30/06/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: TanThis is my 4th Classic Camisole in the lovely warm colour Tan. They are ideal to wear under low neck tees, on their own with cardigans and wraps or just to add a bit of warmth! I love them. Fit true to size - I find I have to size down in the Lace Camisole but these Classic Camisoles fit perfectly.
- Elizabeth (16/06/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: TanI have a couple of these in medium in other colors. I found this one to be smaller in size than the other ones I have. It catches my stomach more than I like which the others don't do. However, I am in the process of reducing my menopausal stomach and the colour is so wonderful, that I am keeping this top. I think large would be far too big. I am a spring and this is a fantastic colour for us - I was surprised how lovely. I am 5ft 8, 9st and normally choose clothes that are size 10 uk. I fall between 8 and 10.
- Ruth (11/06/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: SalmonLovely camisole for this hot weather, sizing is accurate.
- Barbara (05/06/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: True RedI love these camisoles so much I now have 5 in different colours. I wasn't sure about the True Red as its not a colour I usually wear, but it is in my colour range and looks really good. These camisoles are so useful - either on their own, or under a top - and wash and wear very well. I went up a size as I didn't want them to be too clingy.
- Patricia (03/06/2020)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Hot PinkI love this camisole. I wasn't sure about the hot pink but it looks lovely on, so much so that I went on to buy a bra and pants in the same colour. Kettlewell do good-quality fabrics in intense colours; the quality and depth of colour aren't easily available elsewhere. I still think it's expensive for what it is, but it does have adjustable shoulder straps.
- Susan (02/06/2020)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: SalmonUnfortunately I had to send this one back as the salmon is muted and not flattering for a Spring. I’m quite surprised it was actually considered suitable for any Spring type. There is nothing wrong with the camisole itself, just the colour was disappointing.
- Monique (20/05/2020)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteUseful camisole. I particularly wanted soft white to wear under a couple of tops with this colour in them, and it matches perfectly. I ordered the standard length and at 5ft 4 it fits me fine, but if you are tall or long bodied you may prefer the longer length cami.
- Caro (19/05/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CoralPerfect colour and fit.I would say these are wardrobe staples.
- Christine (11/05/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: TruffleI have this camisole in Marine Navy, Truffle, and Primrose. I wish these colours came in the longer camisole because they are a little short for me (5'9") but will have to make these work for now. I took 1 star off for the length issue and because I couldn't get these colours in the longer camisole.
- Carrie (11/05/2020)
SIZE: MediumAs I had previously only purchased lace camisoles, I went for my usual size and purchased a small camisole but found it was more close fitting. I changed this to medium and am very pleased with the purchase. The colour is lovely too.
- Libby (06/05/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: PeriwinkleHave several of these camisoles now and will continue to purchase more. They are fantastic as a base layer in cold weather, look gorgeous dressed up with cardigans or jackets and brilliant in hot weather worn on their own. Love this colour with jeans.
- Jennie Cole (28/04/2020)
COLOUR: Neon YellowMore yellow than I expected but surprisingly goes with so many different colour combinations. Fantastic for base layer for yoga or under cardigans and thick enough to wear on its own without a bra during this hot weather. Wish there was a cardigan in the same colour.
- Jennie (28/04/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Soft WhiteI cannot count how many camisoles I have in my drawers - safe to say, they are a staple part of my wardrobe. A camisole is literally an everyday item for me. When I buy a pair of trousers or culottes then the matching cami is an essential buy. My recent purchases - of which there were six - were Spring/Summer colours within my Summer colour palette. The pale blue, lilac, white, yellow, grey were all included and then a lovely deep bright blue just to be different! Safe to say, I thoroughly recommend the inclusion of camisoles in everyone’s Kettlewell wardrobe.
- Eileen (15/04/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft WhiteFirst purchase from Kettlewell and very very impressed with the quality and the fit. I have worn it regularly and will definitely be ordering more. I have also recommended to friends because of the wide range of colours.
- Jennie (31/03/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: PrimroseVery happy with this - my first Kettlewell purchase. I wanted a cream vest top and have bought 2 styles in 2 colours. Soft white is a pale cream and primrose a buttery cream colour.
- F A (28/03/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: FuchsiaBought 3 more. Have quite a collection now. Fuchsia, ice blue and periwinkle . All lovely for Winters. Quality is good. These are incredibly useful and I wear one most every day.
- AliD (25/03/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: BlackberryAfter having my colours done I am working on getting more of these camisoles as they add a lovely pop of colour. They are soft and wash well - retaining their colour and shape.
- Jacqueline (24/02/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: EmeraldThese camisoles are so useful I have several in different colours. I wear them on their own in summer just showing a flash of colour under blouses or as a vest. The colours stay true after washes and they are soft to wear. The only issue I’ve had with one of them is the little round metal ring that attaches the strap has a gap big enough in it for the strap to become detached
- Pamela (10/02/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: HoneyYou cant go wrong with these camisoles. Bought this one to go under the wrap dress by kettlewell. Works well. Very happy with this.
- Vivien (28/01/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Corn YellowThis is my first purchase from Kettlewell, and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the camisole. The colour is pretty and the fabric soft. However, on putting it on for the first time the shoulder strap came away at the back - it had not been properly stitched on, so unfortunately the workmanship is slightly disappointing. I bought the medium and as it's quite big on me I shall buy size small in future.
- Claire (23/01/2020)
Reply from Kettlewell - This definitely is not what you should expect! Please kindly contact email@example.com and we will exchange it for you.
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft TealLovely colour although lighter than I expected. and very soft. Washes well at 30 degrees. sized up so it wasn't clingy.
- Katherine (02/01/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyLovely camisole, good fit.
- Christine (12/12/2019)This camisole is the most gorgeous colour. How I wish I could find this sort of garment in 100% cotton, as I don't really like stretchy fabrics. But I needed something in this colour and I'm glad to have it. Your colour range is terrific!
- Marilyn (21/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft TealGood fit (I sized up), good colour. Happy with the everything. I would like more colours to be available as the choice was quite limited at time of order.
- Karen (14/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CoralFabulous colour match. Perfect sizing and fit. Washes really well at 30 degrees and keeps colour and shape.
- Jackie (13/10/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Stone GreyMy most worn item from Kettlewell - don’t worry, I do have over ten different colours so I am not wearing the same one day in day out. What I love is that the colour match is perfect for the trousers and jackets. However, there is the occasional buy of a one off colour to make my clothes sing - one of my most recent purchases being one of these colours. I absolutely love it and can’t stop looking at the colour and smiling. Isn’t it wonderful that buying the right colours enables us to smile all the time!
- Eileen (13/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CoralI bought Coral and Honey ( nearest to Camel) to enable toning and a pop of my wow colours . Love the quality. I bought the shorter cami as sometimes my longer ones are just that bit too bulky for layering
- Sheila (13/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: LobeliaGreat quality. Bought 3 more for my collection - navy, lobelia and dove grey. Very useful.
- AliD (07/10/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Moonlight BlueMoonlight Blue Cami - such a lovely colour. I tend to wear a cami on a daily basis so have many, many colours to choose from. However, even with lots of choice, a new colour is always a delight. The cami is such a useful item with or without another layer on top. Can’t think what I would do without this fantastic item.
- Eileen (16/09/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyI would buy so many of these and of the camisoles if they were made of cotton.
- Angie (14/09/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Hot PinkWhat a lovely Camisole. I was thrilled with the fit and colour. I can recommend it.
- Nicky (31/08/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Cashmere RoseGorgeous catalogue - could have bought loads more, but … didn't. The 2 camisole tops I did buy are lovely - ace colours, great stretchy material and just feel good to wear. Will definitely use Kettlewell again. Thanks, Heather
- heather (30/08/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft WhiteAlways go up a size in camisoles, great colour but was incredibly sheer, definitely not value for money.
- Wendy (29/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: TruffleBought this Cami in Truffle shade to go with Mariot shade trousers. I'm an 'Autumn'. Unfortunately disappointed as the Truffle is closer to brown spectrum and doesn't go with my trousers (wanted to wear the combination with my Nimbus Wrapover top) Please Kettlewell do a camisole and tops in the colour spectrum "Mariot / Bordeaux" colours please. You only do trousers and skirts, which is a shame not to have same pop of colour beneath Kettlewell wrapovers such as Nimbus etc etc. Would even like to see a Wrapover in this colour range too please. Sadly had to return (which is very unusual for me regarding my very many Kettlewell purchases!)
- NOELLE (17/07/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: VioletAlways go up a size for camisoles and so bought large as more flattering. Just the colour I wanted.
- Sue (05/07/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: True RedLovely colour and fabric.
- Christina (05/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: MulberryBought this as a gift for a 29 year old as I am so pleased with the ones I have myself. So useful under a shirt or cardigan, wash well and keep their shape. Lovely colours too!
- Joan (12/06/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft WhiteFeels nice and comfy to wear, a versatile cami, colour as portrayed. Size is perfect,, I am a 10. Not too low a neckline.
- Sheila (05/06/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: KingfisherBought to go under the Verity lace shirt in sea green. Quite a substantial weight fabric, probably a bit warm on a hot day, but the Kingfisher colour goes perfectly. Small fits me well (slim size 10).
- Toots (04/06/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: NavyI bought two of these camisoles (navy and grey) and they are perfect. Good fit, lovely material.
- Maria (29/05/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Soft TealI have a number of these very useful Classic Camisoles - they are perfect to wear under tees or on their own. The fabric is good quality, heavy enough to hang well but silky too. Also they keep their shape well after washing. Unfortunately I bought this in size Small - I am between a 10 and 12 and usually buy the classic camisole in M but tried S this time and sadly it was just a little too tight so I returned it and will order a medium one instead. The colour Soft Teal is truly lovely - I bought this to wear with the short cascade wrap I already have in Soft Teal. Thank you Kettlewell
- Elizabeth (26/05/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: VanillaI like the cami but like so many of your tops I find them too long. Size LL does not always mean you are tall. Shame as a waste of material. Wish you did short versions of all your tops
- jeanette card (15/05/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: ChilliI've got these in so many colours I love them. Great fit and always great quality.
- Kelly (25/04/2019)
SIZE: LargeVery nice quality and a good fit
- Fiona (24/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteMuch too long in the body
- Janet H (12/04/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Shell PinkThis camisole drapes beautifully, almost like a blouse and is well worth the money. The colour is soft and the fabric has a lovely sheen. I like the short length. This makes an excellent layering piece.
- Lucy (05/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: LobeliaPretty blue camisole. Lovely fabric and `I lie the lace. It will be great for summer under blouses etc. I would like to buy some other colours.
- pamela (02/04/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Shell PinkReally pleased with this camisole. The first one that I have purchased. The colour is very flattering and the garment drapes beautifully. The adjustable straps make it very versatile. Thank you Kettlewell!
- Lucy (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft TealAdded to my collection of K camis, by purchasing the Soft Teal (I'm an Autumn size 12 - Medium).. Bought specifically to pair up with a patterned wrapover (mix of coffee/soft white/soft teal) and Coffee leggings delivered yesterday. Wearing the whole ensemble today and got great compliments. Well done as usual Kettlewell for stocking so many beautiful colours, as I have a tan K Cami which goes well with the above too.
- NOELLE (19/03/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Mint IceI hesitated to buy a camisole at this price but I needed a colour I couldn't get anywhere else. However I was pleased with the quality and fit so I kept two out of the four I had ordered. If they wear well I will probably be back for more.
- Margaret (13/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: True RedBrilliant colour! Wish you had a long skirt to match
- Gina (12/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Corn YellowI love them, they are very useful to wear under blouses and jackets. I have six already! They are very stretchy. They maybe pricy but the quality is good. I would love a white but they are tinged pink or purple. Maybe should try a soft white?
- Kathleen (11/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: LeafA while back I bought a Tree Top Green Mosaic Crossover. Always wore a white Cami underneath, but wanted a green one to ring the changes. Kettlewell wrote back to my query advising the Leaf Green Cami. This arrived and when I held it against the crossover the Cami was a much more vibrant green. A little disappointed as the crossover is a moss green colouring. I didn't try on together as I'm in bed unwell currently. But when I'm better I will try on together. Not returning the green Cami as I have many Kettlewell wrapovers so can still use it. Love Kettlewell, in fact have just placed my latest order (£260odd) for four more wrapovers, plus a soft white bolero for wearing with the camisoles too, and Leona (think that's what it's called) top. Looking forward to their arrival. I'm a 10/12 and buy mediums which fit perfectly, and an Autumn colouring. Some may think they are pricey, but the quality and fit is so good plus they wash super well, look good as new after many washes. Love them.
- Noelle (07/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: True RedSome time back I bought a true red ''mosaic" crossover wrap top and a green one the same design. ' love them and wear them a lot (more small design lightweight wrap tops please). Well I always wore white camisoles with them for modesty. Then decided to look for alternatives, and found the true red one, which I love. Pls do a camisole for the green wrap over too. I have bought many Kettlewell tops. Also 6 camisoles, which are great for layering, some plain and some lacy. All of which are good quality and wash beautifully. I am a size 10/12 top and Medium is perfect for me. I am an "Autumn".
- NOELLE (14/02/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Pink IceThese are expensive for a vest but worth it because they fit to the body and never go baggy. The straps are adjustable and the quality of the fabric & colours are great.
- Ruth (11/02/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: WhiteI have this cami in many colours (inc white) and have been very happy with all of them. Sadly the latest stock of the white cami is tinged pink and is noticeable under white shirts/tops. Reluctantly I have returned this item.
- Diane (05/02/2019)
SIZE: X Small COLOUR: Shell PinkLove the colour and shorter length. Nice quality vest. Great for layering. Please can we have more colours in the XS.
- Julia (13/01/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: ChocolateIt is so great to find a cami that works perfectly with my growing number of Kettlewell tops.
- Margaret (10/01/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: ChocolateAlways so very useful and such a great choice of colours. Definitely a wardrobe staple. Very happy.
- Vivien (05/12/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: True RedBought the red one to go under red lace blouse but didn't like the effect much, and the red is too fierce for me. It was returned. Apart from the colour and that I didn't need it since I returned the red lace blouse it was fine
- Val (28/11/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: True RedI purchased the true red camisole. It goes under a wrap top in mosaic also in true red very well but also looks good on its own for when the weather gets warmer. The fabric is lovely.
- Wendy (13/11/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: SapphireLovely quality camisole top. Sapphire colour is perfect for me and the fit is true to size. I bought this for layering so snug fit is fine but for a top layer I would probably go a size up .
- Jean (12/11/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteLove these camis, so useful. I am a size 10/12 on top and a medium is perfect.
- Carole (08/11/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: True RedReally wanted a red scoop neck vest to wear under linen shirts but had to settle for the camisole. I am a winter and wanted a nice red. This one was labelled 'true red' and recommended for winters. However I returned it as I thought the colour was too orangey for me. Nothing wrong with the camisole itself. I guess I will have to wait for the summer for more choice in a vest.
- Hilary (05/11/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: NavyI am size 12 and know from experience that the small fits me best. I bought the navy to go under the Sapphire & Black Leopard Faux Wrap and the combination looks great with my dark navy tailored trousers.
- Edna (30/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyI’m a size 12 and I thought the medium was slightly on the large size. Beautifully soft fabric and they wash really well. I bought one in navy, which was lighter in colour than I expected and a purple one which was a lot brighter. Still, love them both.
- Carole (26/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Shell PinkI have several of these and just received the shell pink, a beautiful light, soft and warm Spring color for a pastel Spring like me! I like it so much that I am ordering it in the lace bottom cami as well.
- Jan (17/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteGood quality and good fit. Comfortable to wear. Intend to purchase more of these.
- Maureen (17/10/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: TanGreat colour, lovely quality. Went up a size as the first one I bought immediately after I'd had my colours done was a bit on the skinny side. I'm a 12 with a generous bust. I know it will wash and wear well but I think it's a bit on the pricey side. Please do one in olive green!
- Kate (05/10/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Cobalt BlueI have 5 of these now and love the quality & versatility they offer. I wear mine with a strapless bra on holiday and as a layering item at other times. The fit is really good and the straps sit well with a thin bra strap if appropriate. They wash & wear brilliantly and represent excellent value for money. I'm a 10 / 34C and the small fits perfectly. Thank you Kettlewell - please don't ever compromise on your lovely quality! ,
- Fi Bevan (03/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: SilverGreat wardrobe basic. Washes well and keeps its colour. Will definitely be buying more.
- Natalie (22/09/2018)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Soft WhiteLovely colours that I cannot obtain elsewhere, and I am sure they will be useful.
- Lynn Michaelson (03/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Peach MelbaI've just bought two more of these lovely camisole tops. One in Vanilla and one in Peach Melba and I think I will be collecting more in the future. The soft fabric is comfortable and the fit is good. The adjustable straps are useful too if you need to raise or lower the neckline a little. Peach Melba is a gorgeous colour for Autumns - wore it with my Biscuit shot cascade wrap, it look great. Fast delivery to France (although pricey) and excellent service from Kettlewell. Thank you.
- E Wodehouse (31/08/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: PineLove these camisoles, they’re one of my staples and over the years have bought many of them. Wash well. Great to have the “right “ colours which can be difficult to source elsewhere.
- Mary C (21/08/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Soft WhiteHave had my eye on these for a while. The front is high enough to fill in that space above a low neckline or under a sheer shirt. lots of great colours. Shame that some tops such as Cara are so low that some people feel the need to wear a cami,which defeats the object of wearing something cool which was great for this summer.
- Diana Grant (20/08/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CoralThis is my first camisole from Kettlewell and it's perfect! It fits beautifully, the fabric is soft and has some stretch and the colour, Coral, is fabulous for Autumn colouring. I will definitely be buying more of these. Although they are a bit expensive for a camisole I think it will be worth it. Bought to wear with the short cascade wrap in Biscuit which I also love - Thank you Kettlewell!
- Elizabeth Wodehouse (13/08/2018)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: FuchsiaLovely fit adjustable straps ideal if you are small. Gorgeous colour.
- Hazel Hutton-Clarke (13/08/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: VioletI now have these in Moonlight Blue, Silver, Blackberry, and Violet which should tell you everything you need to know about the quality. They wash superbly - drip dry and keep their shape. I am just over five feet tall so they are a tiny bit too long but it isn't a problem. Love them for layering under cashmere, merino wraps and cardigans. But the violet was bought to go with a plain navy suit as a pop of colour which has worked beautifully. Worth the price.
- Olwen (11/08/2018)I like the fit and the colours a lot. Would purchace more if only you had S - sizes restocked. I have to bulkbuy because of the shipping costs to outside of UK, so please restock more than one colour at a time.
- Anne (26/07/2018)Just the colour I was hoping for - don’t always find it easy to find Autumn shades in the shops so very pleased with this. I like the material and it’s a good fit.
- Sue (09/07/2018)Great to have such a choice of colours for a camisole. Saves so much searching in shops !
- Catherine Popovic (22/06/2018)Lovely colour and surprised that it will go with two patterned crossovers highlighting one of the background colours, as I bought it to go with one, so a bonus.
- NOELLE AMOR (13/06/2018)Just wonder after reading some of the comments here about bras. No idea what 'love handles' are but it's always good to go to Rigby and Peller, and get fitted with an Empreinte spacer bra, which is fabulous for under these tops. I got fitted in London in 1996 after reading an article in the London Standard about 80% of women going around in the wrong sized bra from a place called 'something & something' on the high street, and I go once a year to get checked out, and the Fitting Room now in Ilkley or P&R in Harrogate. Just great as these camisoles are. Just about to order another three to go under my other Kettlewell tops - like the Faux crossover and the cardigans.
- Una (05/06/2018)Love this top and will be looking to buy in other colours.
- Emma Reynolds (28/05/2018)Lovely layering piece to go under sheer blouses, great fit.
- Sally (28/05/2018)Fine material, a comfortable camisole of good design.Exactly what I wanted.
- helen ellis (23/05/2018)I keep ordering different Kettlewell items and sending them back. The colour is great. The quality is super. But the material – even when I've tried different items with different fabrics – is just so unforgiving that it doesn't flatter. All the fabrics cling to the outline of my bra and make love handles look awful.
- SF (11/05/2018)Lovely fit, good quality and the colour was just right to go under a couple of tops. Usually size S has gone before I make up my mind but I was lucky this time - the trick is to not hesitate when ordering!
- Eileen (20/04/2018)Another great layering piece from Kettlewell. Bought to go under the wrap top which is a bit low for me. The camisole contrasts nicely and protects my modesty!
- Suzy (19/04/2018)Lovely colours and excellent fit, love the adjustable straps
- N Shaw (11/04/2018)I have lots of Kettlewell pieces and they never disappoint. This camisole fits well, has adjustable straps and is a lovely heavy jersey. Plus the true red colour is rich & vibrant. What’s not to love?
- Ruth Boughen (24/03/2018)I had to return as my bra showed under.
- jean anderson (22/02/2018)I have bought quite a lot of kettlewell cardigans and t shirts and I am never disappointed with the fit and quality.
- Lynne Owens (19/02/2018)Bought in Moonlight Blue and a Small to match long tie wrap. I am 32D, Size 8 and it fitted extremely well. Camisole is a few inches shorter than wrap so lies beautifully underneath as a layering piece. This is a great base colour and alone works with a dark denim pencil skirt and large bright silk scarf around the shoulders .... There is a hint of purple grey to the colour and it looks lovely under my bright lavender cashmere cardie. Will definitely return for more as this is a fraction of the cost I normally pay for my silk camisole (which I have to watch like a hawk for snags or when hand washing). Great quality. Excellent value. Would love to see this in Glacier and Strawberry.
- Olwen (15/02/2018)Very nice good quality cami, bought 2 as part of my first order from Kettlewell, they are a good fit, I'm a size 12 so bought the M. A little expensive but if they was well they will be a good investment. A little frustrating that some colours are not available but I will have to be patient!
- Linda (03/02/2018)Really pleased with the quality, a good fit. i chose the forest green as i am an autumn and it is to go under a shear top which is a similar colour.
- Lynn Crossland (16/01/2018)I bought the ice pink cami to go under a black velvet overshirt. It is good quality and the fit is just right. This was my first Kettlewell purchase but certainly not the last. I love the wide colour choice but the things I like best are rather pricey in comparison to other manufacturers.
- Hester (15/12/2017)Very comfy, good size, lovely generous length and in the soft teal it looks gorgeous with the short cascade wrap in deep lagoon (even though I'm a blue spring). Hoping it will wash and last well as not cheap for a cami.
- Gisela Ferguson (30/11/2017)Well made, a good fit, though a slightly lighter colour than I was hoping for.
- Elisabeth Buggins (23/11/2017)I bought the shorter camisole in Stone Grey. The length is perfect, short enough not to have to tuck it in and it "hugs" the waist and top of the hips well. I had to hoick up the straps as the neckline was too low, but this made the strap area pucker up a bit (which it did slightly before). This will be hidden under a jacket (the Paris Jacket or the Cascade shawl) so it won't show. Rather expensive for what it is, but we pay for the colours!
- madeleine harrington (09/11/2017)A well fitting good quality camisole to match the true red crossover top. Very comfotable and previous camisoles have washed and worn well.
- Dorothy Smith (23/10/2017)As a True-cum-Vibrant Autumn I find myself looking at Spring photos for Autumn/Spring crossover looks as I find some of the Autumn ideas shown on the recent Blue Autumn models too dark for me. I have been really pleased with my mandarin jersey shirt in aquamarine and soft white so I decided to try the Aquamarine camisole paired with it even though it is solely a Spring colour. Being greener than Aqua I find it suits me so very happy.
- Barbara Hall (22/10/2017)I had tried everywhere to match up a cami to a new stylish cardi which needed a fill-in at the V-neck. I found the exact colour and fit here and the quality is superb. I am size 12 with narrow shoulders so the medium size with the adjustable straps is perfect. Although this colour is outside my palette I find the better quality fabric enhancing to an outfit and therefore very flattering. High Street camis are cheaper but these are far superior in every way.
- Patricia Raine (21/09/2017)Loved the colour but preferred a longer length.
- Underwood (05/09/2017)Ordered my first camisole for Kettlewell as Camisole's usually are to tight around the midriff and too long, so took a chance and ordered one in Sultry Blue size M which fit's perfectly no lumps or bumps, and feels so soft and comfortable I'am a size 12. Really happy I took the plunge and tried this out. would love more Summer colours to choose from though.
- Christine MacDonald (09/07/2017)These are my favourite camis. The length is perfect, the straps adjust, and they fit, wash and wear really well. A bit more expensive than those available on the high street, but well worth the extra I have several colours, some outside my 'palette', but somehow I always manage to find something to wear with them. I have been very disappointed to find the stocks in small size very depleted and keep checking, but that irritating X over the small size colours says I can't have a new cami to wear with something I have bought (like a new handbag) which needs the outfit to be 'pulled together' Please, Kettlewell, the long camisole reaches my thighs, I want this one!
- Jackie Worrall (06/07/2017)i love these camisoles they wash well and always look lovely usually wear them with a shirt or cardigan
- christine nichols (13/06/2017)I love these camisoles - they are in several beautiful colours to match your wardrobe - to wear alone, under a top, a cardigan even a low cut dress. I bought the grey and the navy but have several other colours too. They wash well and wear well too.
- Kathleen Fortun (06/06/2017)I have been buying these very useful camisoles for some years so am disappointed to see Soft White is not available at present. I would also like to see a double fronted version especially for the paler colours.
- Barbara (02/06/2017)I ordered this in Apple which is a gorgeous colour but sadly had to return it as it did not suit me. Will order the fuller vests in future.
- Marianne (29/05/2017)Just OK. I ordered this in the Ice Blue to try and liked the colour very much (I'm a winter), but the fabric was very thin and soft - saggy almost? Anyway it was unforgiving to lumps and bumps, and even skin texture was visible through the pale fabric (I guess darker colours might work better). To me, it was no better in quality than much cheaper options on the high street. I would only wear it as a base layer and at this price it would need to work harder than that. Disappointed.
- Helen (18/05/2017)I have several of these camisoles. Ordered the true red, this time, to go under a wrap dress. The quality is consistent and they are the best camisoles I have found. They appear expensive but are well worth the price. They wash and wear like a dream and retain their shape and colour.
- Christine Gray (17/05/2017)Lovely
- Anne (02/05/2017)I have several of these camis.I have purchased cheaper ones, (we all love a bargain don't we!) but the fabric just doesn't hold its shape, feel right or doesn't have the quality of colour (this must be that a quality dye is superior in Kettlewell) The fit of this cami is close enough to fit nicely as a layer or on its own, and I like the length more than the long Camisole, which can be too long over jeans, showing where the zipper is and causing a rounded tum appearance. I too would like this cami in a silky fabric. Although it seems expensive, I think it is value for money because it stays looking good
- Jackie Worrall (02/05/2017)Thrilled to have found Kettlewell, after months of looking for a silver grey cami. I am usually size10/12 and sent for both. The small was perfect. As another reviewer has said the fit is close but very comfortable and the material moves with the body. Would love it if there were camisoles in a lighter fabric too for wearing under T shirts - which are often diaphanous - in the warmer weather.
- Cherry Woolford (11/04/2017)I now have 5 of these wonderful tops. They multi-task as vests/camisoles all year round. I'll probably add another couple before year is out. Great quality and classic staples of any wardrobe. Long enough to come down far enough so you're not constantly readjusting. Yes, compared to some fast fashion brands they are expensive, but the difference with Kettlewell is that they will last for years with very little fading. I think the modal makes a huge difference to look and feel compared to just cotton versions.
- KathS (10/04/2017)Good weight material and a good length. I love the feel of this cami and have already bought a few more. I love the fact that I can get a pair of trousers that are a perfect match - and then other tops that tone perfectly too. I have found a new joy in buying clothes since finding Kettlewell - my credit card is enjoying itself too!!!
- Eileen Mitchell (06/04/2017)Kettlewell uses good quality jersey and this camisole washes well and stays in shape - no twisting unlike cheaper fabrics. The black colour stays black for a long time and this style is useful for under other items or wearing alone. The fit is close fitting but comfortable. The item is true to size with a Large being a size 14. All in all, a good basic item to have in the wardrobe.
- Diane (29/03/2017)Bought the chilli colour to go under the bronze crossover top. Great quality, washes well and really useful adjustable straps.
- Betty (25/03/2017)Love the camisoles. They stay in place and don't ride down like some do. I like the adjustable straps. Looks good under my Kettlewell wrap top. I am a 12/14 on the top and went for a medium. It's snug but comfortable especially as an under layer, it's not too bulky. Very happy.
- Lynn Fogarty (24/03/2017)I love the bright green vest and the quality of the material. I am a 14 bust so went for the large and it fits well thanks to the adjustable straps. I got a discount in the sale so even better.
- Jessica (09/03/2017)The camisole was very good. Great quality as usual with Kettlewell. I just didn't like the colour (emerald), so I returned it and asked to exchange for the lace camisole in deep claret, which I think will be more me. Always excellent customer service from Kettlewell.
- HWild (09/03/2017)You cant go wrong with these camisoles. Great quality and range of colours. Really useful to wear in different ways. Wash well and maintain their colour. Highly recommended.
- Vivien Tavener (03/03/2017)Not really a review as such as I do have two of these camisoles and am very happy with them. But find it rather strange that people have given fewer stars than full stars when the actual review has then been so favourable and above expectation! As for labels, they can be taken out!!!
- Una (22/02/2017)The color was slightly different to what I was anticipating (hoping for). I ordered ice blue thinking it would be bright like it was pictured on the model but it was actually quite dull. The sizing is very standard - I am quite petite and find the fit to be a little big and there is no XS. Otherwise, the material is very nice and the pricing isn't too bad.
- Bianca (21/02/2017)I ordered two camisoles and I really like the material and the colours (blackberry and true red). I'm a pear-shape and a size 12 so I ordered the medium. They both fit nicely on the bust thanks to the adjustable straps. However, at the moment they don't look flattering on the tummy but I won't return them because I know they will look great once I've managed to shape up!
- Ginette (15/02/2017)I have these in most of my colours. Great as vests. I use them as under garments that can be outerwear too, so perfect for dancing once warmed up, perfect under low cut jumpers - just fabulous!
- Helen George (06/02/2017)Now have 3 of these tops in Mulberry, Mallard and Aqua. They are great base layers that 'tone' with other tops -especially with the Mid Cascade Wraps and V-neck tops generally. Depth of colour and quality is excellent - so far, none have faded or lost shape. Highly recommended and value for money
- Anne (09/12/2016)I do like the material and the colours very much but I found that wearing it under a sweater, I could see the ridge of the neckline. I also have a problem with irritation from labels but in all other respects I have no complaints.
- jennifer bloor (24/11/2016)I really loved this and the colour was perfect; good fit also for a mature size 12 with a 36b bust. Expensive, but Kettlewell stuff lasts and lasts so good value.
- jean (08/11/2016)This is probably the best, most useful of all the tops I have bought from Kettlewell. Very pleased with quality, style and fit. I got two standard and one longer length. As I am only 5'2" I wasn't sure about the longer one, but in fact I probably like it best and will buy more. Just more colours please, and with matching Florence scarves!
- AutumnColoursRMe (22/10/2016)Rather pricey compared to previously purchased High Street alternatives but good quality, soft fabric and very comfortable to wear. The adjustable straps are a bonus. Excellent range of colours. Unlike one of your reviewers I am only 5' 2" so would love to see a Petite range as standard fit items are always too long.
- Jenni Williamson (03/10/2016)Just bought another of these camisoles, love them, now have several in both the normal length and the longer lengths. Am a very satisfied customer.
- Mary C (03/10/2016)I have several of these and have just invested in another white one. Endlessly useful under cross-over tops or as just an extra layer when the weather gets cooler. The white ones stay white and keep their shape after lots of washes. Worth every penny.
- Susan Craig (29/09/2016)Good fit and excellent quality. I always try Kettlewell first for my camisoles as they seem reliably sized and the colours are great.
- Karen (16/09/2016)Fab colours as always, but the fabric is a bit thinner and see through on the paler colour ways. Not ideal for workwear
- Susan Stevens (13/09/2016)I love these camisoles - very useful for wearing under cardigans or blouses and the colours stunning. However my size M has changed size for a size 14 and is too tight so I ordered L and it is too big around the bust but fits around the hips. I ordered two sizes to compare. It is a shame it has been sent back.
- Kathy (29/08/2016)I have 3 of these camisole tops - one bought a while ago in the old thicker fabric and two bought recently. I actually prefer the new lighter fabric for layering under other T-shirts. They are a little long for me (but I am only 5' tall so I am used to this) but the adjustable strap makes them fit OK. Love the colour options available.
- Susan B (22/08/2016)Like another reviewer, I am sorry the cotton content of these camisoles has reduced. The earlier version was more comfortable against the skin and less clinging. However, I do like the adjustable straps and, unlike so many other camisoles, it is a good length (i.e. not too long) with a good neckline. Overall happy.
- Mary (09/08/2016)Love this cami good fabric and great length
- Christine (08/08/2016)I have loads of these in different Spring colours. They're great for adding a bit of a colour "pop" quite cheaply. I find the fit between the lacy ones & the plain slightly different. I have narrow shoulders & the lacy size M are a bit big.
- Liz (01/08/2016)First time purchased a camisole from Kettlewell - bought as it had an adjustable strap -being 5.1" a bit long but that is understandable - lovely for putting under garments that are quite revealing without something underneath!
- Sheila Douglas (29/07/2016)Not bought a Camisole from Kettlewell before, very pleased with purchase, good fit, excellent quality
- Jane (22/07/2016)Have bought half a dozen of here, great to wear under cardigans, and super under crossover tops and dresses, also have the lacy versions which fit equally well and look very nice. You won't regret your purchase.
- Noelle (16/06/2016)Excellent quality, good fit and great service - what more can one ask for.
- M (15/06/2016)I love these camisoles! I must have about 12 of them and they are invaluable in putting outfits together. Very versatile.
- wendy thornton-fell (01/06/2016)I bought the pine green cami, which fits very well, is nice and thick and soft, with adjustable straps - I'm happy
- Sarah (19/05/2016)Excellent fit and colour but a double layer at the top, or thicker fabric would be appreciated. Just to obscure the nipples a bit. I'm know, nipples are normal!
- Marcia webster (19/05/2016)Love these for a pop of colour! I now have at least 12 of your camis and they wash and wear brilliantly.
- Selina (05/05/2016)The fabric has changed! I bought a few of these a couple of years ago and loved them, so bought more in the last few days. Unfortunately the fabric is now quite a bit thinner (I actually weighed a new one and an old one on kitchen scales to make sure I wasn't imagining things - and the new ones are in fact 15% lighter). This is a shame as they are now just a little bit too flimsy to wear under a cardi for work (the fabric sags a bit) and definitely not worth £22 in my opinion. A shame.
- Freddie (21/04/2016)I am a new to Kettlewell and this camisole was part of my first purchase. Very impressed by the quality and fit, and such a beautiful colour (geranium). Will definitely be buying again.
- Suzanne (25/03/2016)Lovely fabric and perfect fit size S, will go well under cardis and jackets. Bought 2 colours may go back for more.
- Teresa (19/03/2015)Have just added the coffee camisole to my collection. Very versatile for use all through the year with different outfits. Love the fabric. Excellent value at half price.
- Mary (07/12/2014)Worn this cami to death! and it still looks good months later. It is the firm, quality fabric that has stood the test of time
- jackie (15/11/2014)The colour of this cami is so bright, really looks great under other tops, fits and feels lovely too. A great buy.
- Izzy (13/11/2014)This cami will be worn out before summer (or maybe not if it washes as well as the one I bought last year and still wear!) Fabric is opaque enough to be 'modest' yet not heavy when worn under other things. Fits well and the bright blue is a lovely all seasons shade.
- jackie (07/05/2014)These are great, well made and comfortable. Didn't find it too short at all contrary to some other comments. I'm 5'5" and length was perfect. Will order the black when size small is back in stock. But why isn't it available in white? trawled the high street to no avail - Kettlewell, please do this in white and I will buy lots!
- Lucinda Watts (10/01/2014)Love this. Good quality, great colour (deep teal) although not as vibrant as I expected. My first purchase with Kettlewell. It would be great if this came with wider straps, say an inch wide to cover bra strap if shown when e.g. cardi moved to reveal.
- Leila (22/05/2013)I have 6 of these - beautiful colours and versatile under your other tops. More expensive than high street options but better quality and of course the colour range
- Southcoast Sam (29/04/2013)I wondered about the price for a camisole, but the quality is excellent, the adjustable straps are great and it washes really well - no colour loss
- michelle (25/04/2013)Wow - it was great to find a well fitted camisole top that is made of superb fabric in such an array of wonderful colours. It feels like I have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow by being introduced to Kettlewell.
- Kirstyn Samalionis (25/04/2013)I bought the acid yellow one to contrast with my dark purples and blues (I'm a winter). The quality and fit are great, but the colour wasn't quite what I expected: it has a sort of bilious green tinge to it and not nearly lemony enough. It's coming back.
- Isabelle (10/04/2013)I have two of these adjustable tops. Great for day or evening. I am quite short in the waist so the length is no problem. I bought size small (I am UK size 8, and 5'2" tall). Will definitely buy more
- Sarah (03/11/2011)I bought one of these camis from the Australian distributor a couple of years ago - loved it (silver grey). It is still in wonderful condition. I just picked up 4 more from the post office. I love the colours and and the quality is amazing! I know Kettlewell are al about colour.... but I would happily buy 2 or 3 each of black and white ones if they were to appear in the range (hint, hint). As for fit I am a busty Australian size 10 and the fit is wonderful. The length is fantastic... but then, I'm only 5'. Note to Australian buyers: Due to the quality of the material, I feel they are too heavy (warm) for our summers.
- Kelly-Anne (05/08/2011)These are my favourite item that Kettlewell produces. I have loads, wear one nearly everyday and will certainly buy more in the future. I bought my first ones about two/three years ago and they are still going strong after much wear! I too find them a little short and am constantly having to pull them down. I would also like to see a few more vibrant Autumn colours - orange, lime and a golden yellow would be nice! Also a lilac colour suitable for Autumn people if poss!!
- Clareesage (30/07/2011)I am a size 12 with wider shoulders, so usually I can fit a small in camis, but need a M in tee shirts. I ordered 2 colours in a small as the lace cami previously prurchased fitted a treat in a small. sadly, one top has to be exchanged as it was 2cm narrower! Also these camis are a little short, if like me, you have a longer torso. Please do not reduce the length any further. Thanks
- Heidy (25/07/2011)Fabulous quality and fit, true to size. Better than any on the high street. Bizarrely whilst there is a good array of colours, none are my best colours, dare I ask for some more to be provided please?!
- Moonstruck (04/07/2011)These are the best camisoles ever. They fit beautifully and the adjustable straps mean they can be worn high or low depending on the outfit. I have one in each of my (Winter ) colours. Actually, I hate to say it but, I think a black (!) one of these would be a useful addition to the range. I have a black one from the high street but it doesn't come close to the fit and quality of these.
- R (18/03/2011)These are the best camisoles ever ! Great colour selection. I have one in each of my (Winter) colours. They are a lovely fit and the adjustable straps mean that they can be worn high or low depending on the outfit.
- R (18/03/2011)I love these vests, great for layering in summer and winter. And, such a wide variety of colours. I wear one nearly everyday and nearly have the full set of autumn colour camisoles to choose from. I too think they could do with being a couple of inches longer.
- Clarey (20/11/2010)I was introduced to Kettlewells by a colour/style consultant, I could not believe the range of colours. I have purchased one to see what the quality is like and I have to say I was thrilled to bits with my camisole and I plan to buy many more! I have a long body and I can honestly say they are perfect and not at all short in the body...Perfect in every way, thanks!
- andreaelin (26/03/2010)I have quite a few of these and wear them under jumpers or cardigans in the colder months. In the summer I plan to double them up using contrasting colours. My only complaint would be that they are a bit short.
- Lizzi (07/03/2010)