Reviews of Silky Crew Neck
Add your review
We want you to be delighted with your purchases but if you do have any problems, please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review as we are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted using forenames/initials only and may be used for marketing purposes.
SIZE: Large SIZE: MacadamiaI had been wary of ordering the crew neck because I was afraid the neckline would be too high but after seeing it on Colour Club members I gave it a try and I really like it. The neckline is actually just a bit higher than the semi-scoop so perfect for someone who does not wear scoop necks. I much prefer it to the silk roll neckline so it will be my base layer of choice. I ordered two colors, Macadamia and Cinnamon and they are both gorgeous. I've just ordered another in Marine Navy. The only drawback is it is so long in the body and sleeves. I'm 5'3" so not terribly short but the sleeves are several inches too long.
- Kathie (15/10/2021)
SIZE: CoralReally love this Silky Crew Neck in coral feels so soft and good quality- lovely to wear and perfect under a nice jacket for smarter wear or cardigan with an infinity scarf- for smart casual wear. Will be buying in more colours.
- Gaye (14/10/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: LemongrassLovely silky material and love the colours but it is completely see through, which I don't particularly like. I would love to be able to wear it on its own but too see through. Don't know whether any of the other colours would be better.
- Susan (13/10/2021)
SIZE: LL SIZE: Mint IceI’m a recent convert to the Silky tops as a layer to wear under deeper V-necks. I haven’t worn it alone as I think the fabric clings too much to my lumpy bits. The crew neck version works well for me. Mint Ice is one of my new favourite colours and I’m thinking of buying the roll-neck version too as the colour looks lovely with the Blue Spruce faux wrap.
- Pat (11/10/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: NavyI wish I had ordered sooner. I had been put off by comments about it being clingy or thin. For me it is neither, just the perfect classic layering piece, the slightly silky fabric slides under other items and M is a perfect fit for me. The price seemed perhaps a little high when ordering, but I’ve already washed and worn it a good number of times. I will be expanding my collection.
- Margaret (08/10/2021)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Pink IceHad to wait a long time for the Silky Crew Neck in Pink Ice to be back in stock but totally worth the wait. I ordered a Small as I am a size 10/12 and it fits perfectly. It will be brilliant to layer underneath thicker sweaters and v-necks when the weather turns cooler, can't wait to start wearing it!
- Janice (10/08/2021)
SIZE: Small SIZE: PansyMy first purchase of this style as I tend to purchase cotton tees such as Hetta. Feels comfortable and Pansy is a lovely bright purple
- Patricia (24/07/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: NavyMy first Silky Crew Neck, and I love it! The same soft fabric as my favorite Silky Roll Necks, with a neckline that is not as wide and open as that of the Silky Scoop Neck. This lovely top works well tucked into trousers or a denim skirt with one of my gorgeous Kettlewell belts. The crew neck also allows it to show a pop of color under my Dina sweatshirt, both at the top and the bottom. Another layering wardrobe workhorse…thanks Kettlewell!
- Karen W. (17/07/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: ChocolateI have two tops in sapphire and chocolate. They're very soft, cosy and a great basic for the work and casual wardrobe. Will you bring back more colours for autumn - please? :)
- Silky crew neck fan (11/07/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Soft WhiteIt has taken me a while to like the Soft White in my palette as I do prefer the chalk white better, even though I'm a Summer. I ordered a Silky crew a while back as it looked too cream to me. After asking Jo her thoughts she said they look better when washed, so I decided to give them another try as it would be a great neutral for me. I'm still not sure but I am determined to wear it. I love the Silky they are so soft and so comfortable to wear.
- Julie (20/06/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Soft WhiteI got this in emerald green and soft white. The emerald green is fantastic - gorgeous colour. The soft white seems thin and shows my underwear underneath unfortunately.
- Alice (17/04/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Soft WhiteThis is my first silky crew neck - it won't be my last! I own several silky roll necks and they have lasted so well, unlike the cheaper versions I have bought, so I thought the the crew neck will be the same. The quality is great, the feel of the fabric is lovely although the colour felt a bit warm for my summer palette. I'm keeping it though because the only other option in the whites was too white! A good staple for my wardrobe.
- Michelle (11/04/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Light EmeraldI wonder if any other KW customers feel the joy that I do on wash day seeing a rainbow of Kettlewell tops in all my best colours out drying on the washing line! I now have a number of these tops (as well as silky scoop neck tops) and find them so easy and mood-enhancing to wear. The fabric is soft and stretchy so very comfortable, and the colour has stayed strong despite numerous washes (although I do wash them separately as I treat them carefully and I don't want other clothes' colours to taint them). I find the price reasonable for the choice and consistency / reliability of the colours, the quality of the item, and the assurance that the clothes are produced in an ethical and sustainable way.
- Carol (10/04/2021)
SIZE: Small SIZE: HeliotropeI already owned a silky roll-neck in heliotrope and loved it so much, I decided to buy this one in the crew-neck style. I find it useful for slightly warmer days when I don't need the roll-neck. These silky tops are a revelation to me - I love them.
- Angela (09/04/2021)
SIZE: MediumThis was such a good buy - still looks as good as new 2years since I bought it! The colour I bought was Pansy
- Gill K (08/04/2021)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Soft WhiteThis crew neck really is silky smooth and the material is such high quality. I'll definitely be buying this in a few more colours! I'm usually a size 10 so I ordered a small and medium size to try both. I decided to keep the small one as I prefer a snug fit and the medium felt a bit too baggy..
- Laura (07/04/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Chinese BlueLovely top in my favourite colour- Chinese Blue . It is a bit clingy but it is a lovely silky material and in colder weather fits well under similar colour jumpers
- Sandra (07/04/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: BubblegumThis is my first silky crew neck and I'm very pleased with the feel,quality and colour.It does come up very long,but that's fine for me.Looks really good with the Supersoft sweatshirt on top in a contrasting colour.( I have that in forest green).
- Julia (07/04/2021)
SIZE: LL SIZE: Chinese BlueQuite a good fit, lovely vibrant colour and smooth silky feel.
- Lorna (07/04/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Soft WhiteVery pleased with the silky crew neck. I think I could have sized down, I bought medium and I’m a size 10 on the top.( inverted triangle.) it’s very soft and comfortable to wear. I will definitely buy more colours.
- Sharon (05/04/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Chinese BlueVery happy with the fit and colour of my silky Chinese Blue crew neck will be ordering some more.
- Diane (31/03/2021)
SIZE: LL SIZE: HeliotropeI really love these silky tops and have a few as so soft next to skin .Fabulous under a thicker jumper in winter as well and of course stunning colours as always.I’ve been a customer since Kettlewell first started and they never fail to please
- Linda (29/03/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: CassisLovely material and length. Still pulled a tiny bit across the chest even through I'm normally a small, and had bought medium, but not a big issue. Will definitely be looking at other colours to build up my collection.
- Amanda (26/03/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: CassisThe silky crew neck is my favourite Kettlewell item (though I would really like to see these in a v neck). The fabric is soft and stretchy and cassis is my new favourite colour. I am a size 12, and I can wear these in M or L, but I prefer the L as they are looser and more comfortable when layered over other t-shirts. In fact, the fabric is fine enough that I also wear these tops under other tops and jackets. Though they are long-sleeved, they aren’t too warm, so I wore them a fair bit this summer when I needed some protection from the afternoon sun.
- Corinne (26/03/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: Acid YellowI love the Silky Crew Neck tops! This is my 4th SCN top. The top is so versatile. One can wear the top alone, under a sweater, or under a wrap or jacket. Scarves hang beautifully with the top. I am 8'1/4" and wear a Large. My shoulders are broad, yet this top fits perfectly. I love the silkiness of the shirt and the various colors to match with outfits. I actually purchased Canary Yellow but the color is not listed in the selected choices on the form..
- Meryl (16/03/2021)
SIZE: MediumI’m a size 12 and vary between small and medium with my KW tops depending if they’re described as relaxed or fitted. Opted for medium in this and it’s perfect. Love the bubblegum colour. Even though I have a couple of long sleeve pink KW tops I still get excited when it appears in a different shade.
- Lynne (16/03/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: PapayaThe SIlky Crew is a perfect top both for layering in the winter months and also as a tee alone. Love the shape of the crew neckline which gives just a little pop of colour if layered under a sweater. Size M is fine for me as a size 10/12 with 34D chest, a little clingy perhaps but fine. The sleeves on all the silky tops I have are a bit long but I usually ruche them up the arm a bit which is fine. Love the colour Papaya - one of my favourites.
- Liz W (10/03/2021)
SIZE: SmallPeriwinkle was the colour (no longer on the drop list because this was an 'end of the rainbow' purchase). The silky crew is my favourite KW top because the neckline is high enough under sweaters to show the lovely colour and the fitted style with long sleeves is the best for my long-waisted, long-armed hourglass body shape. I have been wearing these and silky roll necks all through the Autumn, Winter and into Spring. They are fab and worth the money because they wash well and keep their shape and colour.
- Sarah (04/03/2021)
SIZE: LL SIZE: Dove GreyI bought these in Dove Grey, Charcoal and Pine because I needed more layering pieces to go under my two Cosy tees and my faux wrap, all of which I love but find the necklines way too low for me. I had also decided I need more neutrals. Dove Grey is one of my new favourite colours and I already had the Silky Scoop but wanted a higher neckline. I’d resisted these for ages because I didn’t think I’d like the material but have fallen in love with them and am wearing them a lot. I bought my usual size LL because I wanted to be able to wear them alone but I’m not sure how often I’ll do that as the material does show my bumps. I might size down in future for pieces I know I’ll only wear under other layers. I’m a Winter so all are good colours for me.
- Pat (22/02/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: HeliotropeI bought two of these and they feel absolutely lovely to wear. The fabric is so pleasingly silky and soft. I bought a purple and a pink and have to say the pink is a little see-through, whereas the purple is not. These are quite clingy tops so I feel they are great worn under a jumper or cardigan. I would feel a bit exposed wearing them on their own. They wash very well with no shrinking and a Large size has been the perfect fit for me, a curvy size 16.
- Kirsty (18/02/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: ChocolateHow did I survive for this long without a silky crew? I have not wanted to take it off since I have had it. It is a long top, which I like , it is also clingy, which it is supposed to be as its a layering piece. It is cozy and warm without being stifling. I am a small 14, and ordered a L , to be honest the M would probably have been fine as it has lots of give.
- Lesley (15/02/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: BlackAlready had 2 from a couple of years ago and have come back for more colours. The medium is a close fit on me but that is great for a smooth line under jumpers and cardigans with a pop of colour showing at the neckline. Pricey but worth it. A great basic that wears and washes well.
- Wendy (11/02/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: WhiteI bought a large white silky tee, which arrived quickly. I'm between size 14 and 16 but found the L tight and unforgiving, showing every lump and bump! Ok under a jumper but I wanted to wear it on it's own, which I won't do. Shame.
- Janet (10/02/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: PineI love the silky tops, and the crew neck is my new favourite. It is summer in NZ, so I am wearing mine instead of a sweatshirt, over another t-shirt, until it warms up, mid-morning. It is also great layered under other t-shirts or jackets, and I know I will wear this one all year round. I am generally a medium, but I prefer the silky tops in a large.
- Corinne (09/02/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: HeliotropeThis will be my third silky crew neck from Kettlewell and I know it won't be my last. They are my most useful 'basic' as I layer them under almost everything! The quality is good, the colours are perfect for my palette and just find them so smooth to the touch and comfortable. I'm a 12-14 on top and buy a large as I don't like my tops to cling to my lumps and bumps too much.
- Karen (09/02/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: FuchsiaVery lovely thenkyou
- Jane (08/02/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: HeliotropeI have many silky crews. I love the colours. I am 5'6 and wear a L. I am a large 12 on top with broad shoulders. Great length and fabric. No issues washing and drying. Heliotrope is gorgeous. 4/5 on price as I do think expensive for what it is.
- Carol (02/02/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: CassisI have several tops in this style, with five of them from Kettlewell. Though I’m a size 14 (L), I find that the Medium fit suits me best. I love the colours offered by Kettlewell, and have the Soft Lavender, Kingfisher, Heliotrope, Dove Grey and Cassis. I’d love this style in French Lavender and a Sky Blue top too. The silky crew neck tops feel smooth and soft, being snug and cosy to wear, sleeves are long and may need turning over a little. These have been my go to tops this winter for a to smart casual look.
- Carole (01/02/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Light EmeraldAlso bought this top in fuschia. Fit, fabric and style all as good as hoped. Delighted. Am bust 32E, normally size 12 in tops is ok fit on me. Ordered tops in size M and that’s smooth, close but not tight fit on me. Colours pleasingly true to how they looked on line which sadly wasn’t so when I ordered in “True Red” and it was way too yellowy/scarlet for me.
- Hetty (01/02/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Red EarthThis is I think the fifth silky crew neck I have bought,all in different colours, of course. I asked Kettlewell if they could do 'Red Earth' in this range last year as it is a perfect shade for 'Autumns'. So thanks, KC. These tops are ideal layering wear in the cool seasons (and that includes summer in Scotland!) And in warmer weather they are soft and light and rather slimming on their own. If we ever get back to Pilates their extra length makes them just right for that too. Worth the extra cost.
- Alison (01/02/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: WhiteOrdered medium. I am a size 12 and perfect fit. Lovely simple top with stretch and length to wear with jeans on its own or as a layering piece. I am Autumn but wanted a bright white rather than creamy white.
- Linda (01/02/2021)
SIZE: LL SIZE: Acid YellowThis silky crew top is so soft and silky, it looks smart and the range of colours are fantastic. I love the longer length. I went up a size with the silkies. It’s excellent for layering as it is not bulky.
- Linda (01/02/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: PineFirst time I've ordered a Silky Crew neck and I'm a convert! Though I take an M in some Kettlewell items and even size down to S occasionally, this is neat-fitting, like the scoop and roll-neck silkies. I ordered a size L and it was the right decision (I have lumps and bumps). So warm and comfortable for layering and looks smart too. Love the rich pine colour, the length ( pop of colour at hem and sleeves) and wish I'd 'discovered' these earlier as many colours are sold out. I'm definitely ordering more once my bank balance has recovered a little! Only drawback is the price really but the quality is unbeatable so.....
- hedgecrone (18/01/2021)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: RosewoodI ordered the silky crew in Rosewood and I was delighted with it. The colour is a lovely shade of slightly coppery pink and the fabric soft and comfortable to wear. It’s a good length,fits neatly under the chocolate faux wrap top, and doesn’t cling. I would say it’s pretty much true to size. A very good purchase. Thank you Kettlewell.
- Barbara (05/01/2021)
SIZE: Large SIZE: Dolphin GreyLovely silky crew neck goes with so many of my clothes. I tend to use to layer under other tops but as it's nice and long it shows a bit of colour below. Nice fit I'm a size 14 and the large fits just right especially as I'm tall.
- Sally (31/12/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: FuchsiaSilky crew has a really lovely feel great length as I'm 5ft 8 and often have problems with tops being long enough. Have already bought another one use for layering.
- Sally (16/12/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: FuchsiaThis was my first order with Kettlewell. I am happy with the quality and the true likeness of the colour as advertised for this item. Sadly the second item was not available after ordering. Some 4-6 weeks later and still not arrived. I still have the opportunity to cancel having contacted Kettlewell.
- J McG (15/12/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: KingfisherI love these tops they are so soft to wear. They wash and iron well and don't lose the shape like other makes. A nice colour addition to my wardrobe, like so many of the colours I've found since finding Kettlewell.
- Julie (07/12/2020)
SIZE: LL SIZE: PapayaI’m really impressed with my first silky. It’s a great colour and lovely thick soft material. I initially bought it to go under my ponchos but have worn it lots under sweatshirts and shawl wraps - a lovely warm layer. I prefer the crew and scoop necks and just deciding on my next colour or 2.
- Julie (02/12/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: Pink IceI love this top. It doesn't cling, is well made and of good quality. It is nice and soft.. I love the Pink Ice colour as brightens up my winter wardrobe. I've ordered another one in a different colour.
- Kathryn (27/11/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: WhiteLovely top. Fulfilled my expectations of good fit, well made and ideal for layering and mixing with other items in my wardrobe.
- Amanda (26/11/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: KingfisherThis is the second silky crew neck top I’ve bought. It feels soft and smooth, and as a size 14 it fits me well. I am waiting for delivery of the heliotrope one, and have my eye on two more colours as well.
- Carole (26/11/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: BlackLovely! I’m so delighted with my silky crew neck top! It may be basic but the quality is excellent, the length and the fit are perfect. I usually wear a size 10 but with stretchy tops I order a size larger. From experience it’s always worth paying slightly more for quality and It feels lovely to wear. I’m especially delighted because of its length. I have been buying a similar top from another online retailer because of its longer length and without warning they’ve changed it for a top 4 inches shorter than advertised. I’m so pleased to have found this longer length so please don’t stop stocking it! I shall be ordering this top in other colours because it’s so versatile and can be layered but it’s a shame to hide it under something.
- Dorothy (25/11/2020)
SIZE: LL SIZE: KingfisherGorgeous colour , lovely quality . Perfect basic for layering !! Worth paying more for quality and coziness !Washed well , only issue is what colour next ?
- Kathryn (14/11/2020)
SIZE: MediumWonderful service, great products
- Marjorie (10/11/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: PineLovely top, colour exactly what I wanted. Comfortable and washes well. I love these silky tops, great wardrobe staples, so versatile and very good value.
- Catherine (05/11/2020)
SIZE: LL SIZE: Pink IceAnd another one...I love this colour, goes with so many things and lifts darker colours.
- Marie (02/11/2020)
SIZE: LL SIZE: KingfisherAnother beautiful colour to add to my growing collection. I am finding these so useful and easy to wear and care for.
- Marie (02/11/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: PapayaJust received the silky crew in papaya. The color is gorgeous for autumns. I ordered the medium because I didn't want it clinging to my body shape. I highly recommend the style and the color for other autumns
- paula (29/10/2020)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Dolphin GreyI found the Silky Crew Neck to run exceptionally small, at least in the Dolphin Gray color. I am 5' 3" and 116 lbs (52 kg) and the Small size was skin tight in a very unflattering way. I wear an Extra Small in the Imogen Top and Evie Sweater, so I'm not sure why the Small in the Silky Crew Neck was such a terrible fit. Sadly, I returned it.
- Heather L. (29/10/2020)
SIZE: LL SIZE: ChocolateI purchased two of these in chocolate and Indian Teal, for layering. Good dense colour and good quality fabric that looks as though it will last well. I've found it difficult to find similar garments elsewhere and the colour range available is excellent. Ordering was easy and delivery followed quickly. Good service.
- Margaret (28/10/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: KingfisherThis is my second silky crew neck. It is a beautiful top and will be a good layering piece for the winter months. I bought it in medium which is true to size for a UK 12. The neckline is great and looks good with a necklace /scarf. I love the kingfisher colour and it looks good within my autumn palette.
- Marion (28/10/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: BronzeLove this top. It’s a great colour. Perfect for my Autumn shade. I got a larger size as I don’t like my tops to clingy. It fits perfectly and is a lovely length and ideal for layering. It’s really warm too. Very happy it. I will he buying it in all my colours.
- Tessa (27/10/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: KingfisherSoooooo pleased to have discovered these fabulous tops from Kettlewell. Not only are they gorgeous colours but they are also really silky and lovely to layer. I will definitely be buying more of these.
- Heather (27/10/2020)
SIZE: LL SIZE: Ice BlueAbsolutely wonderful! I am now addicted to these tops. So warm and feel soft and luxurious. Can dress up or down. Not too close fitting. Went on to buy in every winter colour available and love mixing and matching with jumpers, jackets and cardigans.
- Marie (22/10/2020)
SIZE: LL SIZE: Soft LavenderLong in the body and long in the arms which is perfect for me. Comfortable silky material. I now have them in 6 different colours and wear them with a Kettlewell scarf. Smart and practical.
- JCR (21/10/2020)
SIZE: LL SIZE: NavyA cold weather must have! The silky fabric feels wonderful and works brilliantly as a smooth layer under a jumper to add warmth without bulk. As per the product description, it is close fitting but not so tight it couldn’t be worn as a top in its own right if you size up. I am generally a size 16. This may be my first silky but I doubt it will be my last!
- Alison (19/10/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: BronzeI bought this top in Bronze. It is gorgeous! I hadn't expected it to look so elegant and the colour to be so flattering. I was concerned that the silky fabric would cling too much in an unflattering way, but I shouldn't have worried. The neckline works very well under lots of clothes and accessories. I would love it if there were more items available in this beautiful colour.
- Nicki (19/10/2020)
SIZE: LL SIZE: KingfisherReally lovely quality top and good length for layering . Long enough to show pop of colour under a jumper . Great colour selection, feeling the need to add another autumn colour
- Kate (18/10/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Cobalt BlueI love the feel of this silky material and the bright colour is great for wearing on it's own. It will also make a perfect layering top under sweaters and jackets.
- JF (18/10/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: AppleI bought this top in Apple and it is amazing. So soft to touch and it’s silky so it’s easy to wear another layer on top. This might be my favourite item this season.
- Heather (18/10/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Indian TealI’m a soft/deep and try to choose su/au colours. Indian teal is beautiful and I love the silky crew necks under sweaters as they allow the wool to move freely (no uncomfortable twisted sleeves etc). I’m a 12/14 top and medium fits well as an under layer.
- Linda (17/10/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Soft LavenderI love the Silky crew neck tops. They are a lovely soft good quality top. I love all the purple shades in my palette .
- Julie (13/10/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Applelovely top, The colour is slightly darker than shown but still really nice.
- jennifer (13/10/2020)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Shocking PinkI have several of these tops in various colours. The variety of colours are delicious and second to none in the selection available. Good for layering under winter jumpers as they fit closely.
- Karan (09/10/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: BronzeI would never have thought of going for this colour but having discovered to my surprise that I'm Autumn I went for it and I love it! Looks great, feels great, and it's a perfect layering piece.
- Marjory (09/10/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: BronzeA beautiful top in a very rich, but subtle, Autumn shade. The fabric is lovely and silky with a gentle sheen and it is clearly a top-class product. The fit is snug ( I have probably indulged in too many cakes/biscuits in the last few months! ) but it works very well as a layering piece and looks equally good in a casual or a dressed-up style of outfit. As it is a slightly longer top, I can also scrunch it up around my waist so it looks more flattering when worn on its own!
- Anita (06/10/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: Dolphin GreyThis is my first silky crew. The material is fabulous and I’m also looking at the silky pop necks too
- Anna (03/10/2020)
SIZE: Small SIZE: PapayaA bright orange, long-sleeved fitted top, with a high enough neckline to show under knitwear - I love it! :) I'm a Spring, 5'6" lean hourglass, so this top ticks all the right boxes. Another good look I have discovered is to wear it slightly ruched with the lace of a lace cami showing at the bottom and a complimentary Florence infinity scarf.
- Sarah D (24/09/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: RosewoodThis is my first silky crew neck and I am really pleased with it. It is a beautiful, soft top and really lovely to wear. Excellent quality and true to size.
- Marion (22/09/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: ChocolateA really fantastic long sleeved top. I bought it for my daughter as she had admired my similar top with a scooped neck. We love the colour, brown so please keep producing it. You are the only Company I know who do such a wonderful range of colours. We are both Autumn and you even produce this wonderful array especially for us! Well done Kettlewell, we will definitely be back.
- Elizabeth (04/09/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: BronzeI love this top, it so soft and silky to the touch. I'm a size 14 and tall so the large size fits really well and the the length of the garment is great.
- Gillian (20/08/2020)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Pink BlushI love this silky crew neck top. It fits perfectly, sleeve length is good and feels wonderful on the skin. On colder days, it will be perfect to wear under a v neck sweater
- Gill (17/08/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: NavyThis is the fourth of these tees I have bought. They are slinky, soft and not bulky under layers. They are long, which is splendid for Pilates and on the occasions when you wear them outside, say, a skirt, but not so bulky they don't work tucked in. I am only sorry that i think I have exhausted the colours suitable for me -so far! I think my only niggle would be that the sleeves are too long for my arms but so - you pull them up. I also bought one in Deep Claret and the same goes for that!
- Alison (09/06/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: Canary YellowSome of the colours - the pale blue and the yellow - are s but transparent.
- M be (01/06/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: SerenityLovely soft fabric, really feels nice on. Ordered as I wanted something more elegant than a tee-shirt and I wasn't dissappointed. Lovely colour.
- Julie (09/05/2020)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Iced AquaThe Silky Crew Neck is one of my favorite Kettlewell tops. I was really excited to see that it was offered in Iced Aqua. Unfortunately, it's not clear enough for my coloring and I now see that it's no longer recommended for winters, only summers. I do think it would be beautiful for summers. Mine is going back.
- KH (25/04/2020)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Soft WhiteIt’s an awesome top, perfect wear under a round neck jumper. It’s the top I’ve been looking for for at least two years, I wish I’d bought it ages ago and in many colours.
- Anna (24/04/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: Canary YellowExcellent top and loved the colour
- Lyn (21/04/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Pink IceA really lovely top, soft and fits well.
- Ann (15/04/2020)
SIZE: SmallI bought this to wear under round neck jumpers, just so there’s a little bit visible around the neck. I realised I didn’t have anything and nice Bretons are totally wasted as you can’t see them. I also hate the feeling of too many clothes. Anyway, this top is perfect. The silky fabric feels lovely under my jumper and the neckline is perfect. Thanks Kettlewell 👍👍
- Anna (06/04/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: ChocolateBought for layering under dresses and will be great for that. The silky fabric means dresses don't cling or stick to it. I'm a size 10-12 and the medium is a great fit: I would size up if you want to wear it on its own.
- Caroline (20/03/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: PansyI have a couple of items in Pansy from last year so very pleased to add this to my collection. I'm a size 12 and normally buy Medium but for this item I decided Large would be more comfortable. It is a little big on the shoulders (I'm quite narrow) but as I want to wear it under cardigans this isn't a problem. I've since bought a black one and will probably purchase more.
- Joyce (14/03/2020)
SIZE: Small SIZE: PansyLovely autumn purple, and great quality and fit as always, thank you!
- Linda (26/02/2020)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Light EmeraldLight Emerald or Jelly Bean - this is the question?! I first ordered Light Emerald, which was the same colour as a sweater I own. It was a good colour for me but I wondered if there was a bit too much blue in it for my slightly yellow complexion, so I exchanged it for Jelly Bean. When that arrived, it looked exactly the same colour as the Light Emerald (against the sweater, too) - still on the blue side, rather than the yellow side of green! I spoke to your lovely customer services operator, who said it was possible a mistake was made, but that the two shades are very similar. I could have sent it back again for comparison, but decided I liked the colour, anyway, so kept it! I'm curious, though - I'll perhaps have to order something else in Jelly Bean to solve the mystery!
- Sarah D (18/02/2020)
Reply from Kettlewell - An interesting question! Due to our colour coding, we sometimes have to change the name of a colour. In this case, we started off with Emerald but the production fabric arrived a little warmer than expected which means it no longer belonged in the Winter palette. Colour coding is complex and we spend a huge amount of time considering every colour in every fabric so that we can give the best advice to our customers.
SIZE: Small SIZE: Deep ClaretBeautiful rich colour and super quality. Sleeves have the right length for my long arms! Hope that in washing it the quality is not reduced.
- Kirsty (17/02/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: FuchsiaLove these silky crew necks. Please add more colours as the range is becoming limited for a jewel winter like me
- Diane (09/02/2020)
SIZE: Small SIZE: CharcoalSince the weather turned cold, I'm in one of these Silky Crew Necks or one of the Silky Roll Necks nearly every day. They are so versatile and warm. Great for layering. I really hope that Kettlewell will offer an icy lavender color in this style.
- KH (01/02/2020)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Marine NavyMarine navy is a subtle and beautiful colour which really suits my colouring (Summer, very dark brown hair going ashy grey, blue/green eyes). I bought the medium which is very close fitting on me - which is what I wanted, as it is primarily for layering over the Sleeveless V I also bought, both of which I am wearing to teach Pilates and Yoga. I think if I bought the silky crew neck in a pale colour I'd probably size up to a Large. I'm 5ft7ins and usually a size 12, but with 34D bust and quite broad strong shoulders and a bit of 50-year-old-waist going on, the Medium is like a second skin! If it washes and lasts well, I'd upgrade it to 5 for value - I'm happy to pay more for items if they are made well and ethically, and really last.
- Catherine McCabe (11/01/2020)
SIZE: Large SIZE: BlackReally pleased with my purchase , this item is perfect for layering
- Jan (06/01/2020)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Light EmeraldI would love these tops in different colours but agree with other reviewer - why, why no size 6-8. It’s a great essential layering item but too big in S. Please stock XS in these. I don’t have the top as too big sadly
- Charlotte (15/12/2019)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Blue JewelI am writing this review because I do NOT have this top. Why? It doesn't come in size XS. Kettlewell Colours, please consider making this very basic and versatile style in XS. I am way too tiny to wear a size small.
- Eileen S. (14/12/2019)
Reply from Kettlewell - In this style I think you could try the size S as it's already a fitted style and stretches with the body.
SIZE: Large SIZE: Soft LavenderA lovely top. Feels soft and silky. The colour is perfect. Fit is good, but it is rather longer than I would have liked. Definitely going to keep it, though.
- Mary (10/12/2019)
SIZE: Large SIZE: Marine NavyBought two of these as laayering tops. Lovely colours and a good fit for a 12-14, but oh dear - they are so long! I am not especially short - 5'4" - and they came down to my mid thigh, like a mini-dress. Don't know how tall the model is! am returning them.
- Jill (16/11/2019)Beautiful colour, really vibrant. Good quality material. A little on the small side. The M is more 12 than 14. Will definitely buy again but depending on the style may choose the Large rather than Medium
- Judith (11/11/2019)
SIZE: Small SIZE: FuchsiaI also have the polo neck top and both are perfect for layering as the fabric is lightweight and soft. The silky feel means that knitwear slides easily over it.
- Karan (05/11/2019)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Deep ClaretI have several of these lovely crew necks in true red, deep claret, emerald and navy. I love the feel and the colours and wear them all the time, they even fit under dresses. I wish Kettlewell team would make this top in winter yellow. "Winters" need a cheering yellow in winter months as much as "Springs" <3
- Veronika (02/11/2019)
SIZE: Small SIZE: FuchsiaExchanged this top for a scoop neck as the higher crew didn’t suit me.
- Rosemary (21/10/2019)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Dolphin GreyI bought this top in Dolphin Grey. Love the feel of the fabric but after only wearing it one time, I noticed a long snag in the fabric on the shoulder and a tiny hole. Almost like a run in a pair of hosiery. I don't remember catching it on anything and I don't know if this fabric easily snags and runs, or if this is a fluke, but it definitely ruins the look of the top.
- KH (17/10/2019)
Reply from Kettlewell - Please do contact customers services as this is not the quality to be expected. We have been producing this silky fabric for several years and not had any problems. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01460 279800
- Janet (14/10/2019)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Canary YellowI have been looking for a good quality long sleeved top for such a long time, and these are amazing. Beautiful fabric, they are slim fitting but not too tight, I love the sleeve length and the crew neck. They are perfect!
- Helena (08/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Jelly BeanI bought two of these long-sleeve tops for the winter as I had used and enjoyed the short-sleeve silky crew neck through the summer. My only adverse comment would be that the sleeves are very long, coming down toward my fingertips. I am considering whether to shorten them though this might not be that easy given the stretchy fabric. I expect to wear and wear them layered later and alone now despite this. I am size 12 and medium is fine otherwise.
- Alison (07/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: CharcoalI am pleased with this top it's very soft and silky, and will be good for wearing underneath jumpers but next time I will order small as I felt the medium was a little too big on the shoulders and I like a fitted top.
- Sarah (02/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Soft WhiteVery disappointed. Was looking for a long sleeve crew neck to wear under shirts and pinafore. Whilst this is slinky, it is also very very thin. I got soft white and it was almost transparent on the arms and was so think the nude bra I had on was clearly visible. I ordered the medium and am a size 10 so it was not as though it was a size too small. Returned.
- KateS (12/09/2019)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Ice BlueI really like this top a lot! The crew neck line is flattering for me. The fit is great, as is the softness of the fabric. I will definitely be wearing this a lot and would love to add a few more to my wardrobe.
- KH (24/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: BlackThis is the third silky crew neck I've bought. They look great over jeans, trousers, skirts, and wash well. I'm usually a small size 8, but found the small in this particular top too clingy. The medium is perfect, fitted enough to be flattering, but slightly looser round the hips to disguise a non-flat tum !
- JEM (01/07/2019)
SIZE: Large SIZE: Canary YellowLovely soft tee-shirt. Washes nice and lovely to wear.
- Ann (30/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Light EmeraldGreat colour. Nice quality and fit. Brightens up my day!
- Geraldine (25/06/2019)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Pink BlushButtery soft material, fits well, beautiful colors, and unbelievably fast delivery.
- H (11/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Ice BlueClassic, good quality top. Feels soft and silky on. I am a standard size 12 and medium is perfect. Arm length is good - so many times sleeve length come up just a little bit short.
- Julia (07/06/2019)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Dolphin GreySuch a lovely, classy top. Very comfortable to wear and washes like a dream. Super silky feel and good for layering. Buying more colours!
- Elizabeth (02/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: FernI love the feel of this product. The fit is perfect and the full length sleeves come to the wrists. I have worn and washed this item several times so far and it is as good as new.
- Jill (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Large SIZE: PeachReally like the length of these but dislike the material as it really clings. The only reason I kept this was down to the lovely peach colour working so well with a new rust coloured jumper. Much prefer the Hetta long tee material and length shame the colours are so limited.
- Audrey (22/02/2019)
SIZE: Large SIZE: Ice BlueSuperb product, I love the silky feel and really feel good in them. They are worth every penny. They wash well and always look good. I have several which I have had for many years.
- Claire (11/02/2019)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: SapphireLove the quality of this and the lovely blue colour. So useful for layering.
- Anne (22/11/2018)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: ToffeeThis was my first - great fit and quality.
- Diane (06/11/2018)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: CoralGreat fit but colour more orange than coral
- Yvonne (25/10/2018)
SIZE: Small SIZE: Canary YellowAbsolutely delighted with my crew tops. Have so many different ones in my Sping colours I love them and know they are right for me!😀
- Esther (22/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: CoralI've many of these and love them for using as a colourful vest. Wash well and I love the long line and fitted shape
- Jan (16/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: CreamThis is my fifth silky crew. I find them so useful for smart and casual, including Pilates! I’m a size 10/12 on top and the medium is perfect. Please can we have a navy for springs?
- Sarah (16/10/2018)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: NavyHappy with this tee shirt.
- Wendy Smith (09/10/2018)
SIZE: Small SIZE: BlackLovely fit and feel . I love it
- Pam Favier (01/10/2018)Recently bought 2 of these silky crew neck ,tops, Navy & Mallard. Neat fit, beautiful soft fabric, fine enough to layer comfortably, wash well
- Maureen Bosley (24/09/2018)
SIZE: Small SIZE: SapphireThe Silky Crew neck is perfect for this time of year. (Autumn/ spring)A favourite choice for yoga practice.Comfortable and ligh weight.Wash again and again ,still like new thanks Kettlewell!
- Louise Anne Rapata (22/09/2018)
SIZE: NavyKettlewell never fails and I am delighted with this latest purchase. I wanted a navy high-necked top and this one is going to be so useful, particularly now that we are back into darker colours.
- Mrs Joan Girling (18/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium SIZE: Jelly BeanI was disappointed with this top when it came. The colour is nice, however, it is far too clingy to be comfortable and shows lumps and bumps that I would rather hide. I expect my top to skim rather than reveal the things that you want to hide! Despite it being a crew neck, this seems to be more scoop neck which was also disappointing. I also agree with previous reviewers that it is expensive for what it is. I have bought nicer tops for less money elsewhere.
- Joanna Nind (17/09/2018)
SIZE: LL SIZE: BlackWaited for the black to come back into stock and although Kettlewell is allabout colour I like a black top in my staple wardrobe. I have many summer colours from the range tops and knitwear. As always the service , and quality of this top is second to none. It is long ,soft and comfy. I hope to order more items when funds are replenished . Thanks for your great range of clothes, absolutely lovely.
- Heidi (12/09/2018)
SIZE: Large SIZE: NavyThis is my favourite Kettlewell top. Am a busty 14 and find a large ideal, not too clingy and still able to layer with it. Higher neck and sleeve length make it cosy on colder days. Longer length is useful under knitwear. Soft feel and good quality, washes well and lasts so worth paying extra for. Love it.
- Joy Burton (10/09/2018)Great top not worn yet in the current hot weather but I know it will be great alone or under cardis later.
- Pam (23/07/2018)I loved the colour and the style. Unfortunately it is too big and I have had to return it.
- Sandra (18/07/2018)Very versatile top. Ideal for when the days are not quite so warm and for layering. Pleased with the length as I don't like my tops to be short or cropped. A winner.
- Supanana (08/06/2018)Lovely top, have not washed it yet so hope it will wash well. I am 16/18 size and the largest size was ok.
- Sheila hankins (23/04/2018)Gorgeous material, colour and style. Love the longer style. Kettlewell always a winner. Keep it up. and Thanks.
- Christine Marriner (19/04/2018)Gorgeous fabric and a fab colour for me . So pleased I ordered a matching polo neck! A plus is they match my ski pants exactly !
- Kay Smele (04/04/2018)Nice layering crew. I like the length, but would prefer a 3/4 length sleeves, since I am always pushing them up.
- Nina (22/03/2018)I like the length and the fit. The colour is lovely. The fabric is warm.
- June Barnes (22/02/2018)Love this top - ordered it in black and its great - oozes quality! Feels really comfortable and will go with just about everything, I keep coming back to Kettlewell again and again as the styles are so good and the fabrics you use cannot be beaten. Thankyou Kettlewell!
- Barbara (09/02/2018)I have bought quite a few of these in the past and loved them. Disappointed now though, as I ordered the Toffee (love the colour!) and chocolate ones both in Medium and they are small. Thought I must have eaten too many desserts at Christmas BUT I held them flat against silky crew necks in medium that I have already got, and the new ones are smaller. Sadly I wore the Toffee one as soon as I got it as I love the colour so I cant return it. I have reduced my mark for quality because the quality control is not consistent.
- Lynn (22/01/2018)Lovely colour for a Blue Spring. Nice arm length (I am tall at 5ft 10). Only grumble is that it's very thin and shows lumps and bumps so needs a microfibre vest underneath. Personally I think the quality of some Kettlewell tops (especially the more cotton-based ones) has diminished in recent years and the interesting asymmetric tops need to make a come back!
- Eleanor Taylor (04/01/2018)Gorgeous color (sapphire) and really soft quality. Looks more plasticky then I expected but it feels good on, feels as skin can still breathe in it. I am 170 cm and have size S, ordered it and it fits perfectly.
- Eva S (02/01/2018)I saw the silky roll neck featured in the Sunday Times Style magazine but the colour I wanted was sold out so ordered the crew instead. It is fabulous! Have since ordered 3 more and wondering how I lived without them as a second skin / base layer and pop of colour close to your face!
- Teresa M (21/12/2017)Love that Kettlewell do bright colours. I returned this item as it wasn't anything special. Material OK. Colour nice. Expensive for what it is. The fit just feels very old fashioned. I'm 46 and a size 10 and want something that is flattering, even a basic top like this can look special if the cut is right. Regularly order things from Kettlewell as I'm desperate for Spring colours, but more often than not send them back. Please, please, please design basic styles that look good.
- Sally (20/12/2017)I got jelly bean and toffee which are beautiful colours I don’t often find on the high street. Good for layering, would probably prefer a 3/4 length sleeve.
- Gisela Ferguson (18/12/2017)I especially like the material and feel of this top, which is great for layering in the winter season as I do not like wool against my skin. I found it a bit on the long side (I am medium height), but will keep it and enjoy wearing it.
- Torunn (15/11/2017)My first silky crew neck which I bought in toffee colour. So pleased with it. Lovely soft fabric which works well on its own or under another garment. Another winner from Kettlewell.
- Vivien Tavener (15/11/2017)I love the silky Crew neck Shirts. But the Colours canary yellow and True Red are to bright for my taste.
- Christina Frank (06/11/2017)Brilliant jumper, I have a few of these in different colours. They fit well and are nice and long. Definitely recommended!
- Angela Ewen (26/10/2017)I ordered the colours Toffee and Jellybean. (I am a True Spring). The colours are lovely and suit me very well. I am a really small person (size 6, 155 cm tall) and the fit is loose but it does not look oversized or wrong.(nobody knows that this shirt should be very fitted) The sleeves are too long but I fold them in. I wear the shirts tucked in High waisted skinny Jeans and it looks very nice. The Silky Scoop Neck Shirt was too big so I went for the Crew Neck Shirt.
- Christina Frank (16/10/2017)I ordered two and am tempted to order more. Medium fitted perfectly (I am a size 14). What I like: the silky texture, not too shiny; the colours; the crew neck which is not too high and most of all the LENGTH. I am relatively tall so often struggle to find t shirts that are long enough and don't ride up. But even if you are shorter, these will drape without bunching. A great product..
- Jenny Rogers (22/09/2017)I really thought I would love this product as the colours are excellent. However, despite my being a thin size 8/10 this top was so fitted that it was showing my bra. It would make a perfect vest, but I wanted a proper top so I had to return it.
- Linda Cowieson (01/06/2017)This top has a lovely feel, the fit is perfect and the neckline is flattering. I have yet to wash it but if past purchases are anything to go by, it will wash a dream.
- Ann Walker (24/05/2017)Luvvvvvv my silky t shirt. Saving my pennys to buy them all.!!
- jane (03/05/2017)A lovely top, as described and very flattering. I'm size 8-10 and 5' 6" - the S fits perfectly.
- Catherine Gordon (21/04/2017)I am a size 12 so the M fits me fine but these tops are long in the body and sleeves. I do sympathise with those tall people who can never find sleeves that fit. As the owner of the company is tall I can see why she is catering for this group. It does not bother me too much but it would be nice to have a petite range if the company can go that far. Lovely colour in Mallard. I bought my first Kettlewell top like this over 10 years ago? It really lasted the distance. I hope this one will too.
- charstone (18/04/2017)My second silky t shirt looks so elegant and feels so comfortable. Not even my colour! I will buy more but the range in this fabric is not so wide. Improves my black wardrobe!
- jackie fosbury (07/04/2017)This is one of the few styles that is usually small enough for me and I have it in several colours. Unfortunately it seems to have got bigger and certainly longer. I had to send this one back. My favourite spring colours seem to be no longer available. Please provide a bright blue and bright green. I would buy so much more in different styles if there was an extra small to fit those of us of us at 5'5" size 8.
- Anne Gibb (25/03/2017)Great quality and shape and lovely colours. Unfortunately at 5'5" and a size 8 the small was too big. If Kettlewell did an extra small I would definitely be buying.
- ELW (22/03/2017)I have about 5 of these tops in various colours. They are nice on their own but really I like them as a layering item under jumpers or shirts especially now it's winter. Lovely and soft, stretchy and with a silky feel so very comfortable to wear.
- Karan T (13/01/2017)I bought two of these tops for my mother who is often unable to go shopping in person. Just wanted to say how simple it is to return anything that's not right and how quick the refund is. Many thanks to those at Kettlewell who make it easy to change you mind about colours, styles etc.
- Alison (28/12/2016)I saw Kettlewell clothing on a House of Colours day and was most impressed by the quality. I was disappointed to find, though, that the sizing only went down to Small. I am a size 6 (I'm 63, of average height). I was bitterly disappointed, but I thought I'd try a top in case the sizing came up small. It doesn't...it's true to size. These garments really are of outstanding quality and are excellent for layering or wearing alone, accessorised with a scarf or statement necklace, and the range of colours is absolutely fabulous (when they're available!). But...a humungous BUT...I simply can't wear them...the smallest size is too big...it hangs off the shoulder and is a tad on the baggy side. So please, Kettlewell, please, please, please could you cater for the slimmer woman. Despite the nation's increasing girth, there are many of us around who would love to wear these very desirable wardrobe staples.
- Cathy (14/12/2016)I bought this silky crew neck in a medium rust. I am very pleased with it and have had several compliments. It is perfect in the colder weather as it covers the lower back well. I have worn it so much since purchasing that I think I'll be investing in more colours after the Christmas period.
- Sally Knight (13/12/2016)My first purchases of this top, based partly on the enthusiastic reviews - and I wasn't disappointed! Good length, easy to wear and great colours. Excellent layering piece. OK not the cheapest but looks like it will be true value for money. Will be back for more!
- Aundrea (21/11/2016)I ordered 3 in rust, aubergine and moss green. Love the rich autumn colours, love the material, a fitted shape. They look lovely with a scarf. The round scoop neck is higher than usual but still flattering. I always get compliments when wearing these tops, especially the moss green.
- Lucy (17/11/2016)I love these tops and have several in the Summer colours. They are so versatile as they can be worn under Kettlewell wraps and (now that I've lost a bit of weight) on their own with trousers or jeans. I also like to match or contrast them with a Florence Infinity scarf. I love the bright Summer colours but I was very pleased to see the Charcoal colour in this season's selection as it provides a good neutral base. The tops wash well and keep their colour and shape well and are definitely worth the money. Highly recommended.
- Jane Pritchard (29/10/2016)I am really happy with these tops and have loads. I prefer a fitted look, which is hard to find. The tops are versatile enough to wear to work with a jacket or with jeans for a casual look. They wash well.
- Cate (24/10/2016)Agree with other reviewers. Easy to wear, long in the body, easy wash and dont need ironing. Fab colours. Really useful. Worth the money.
- Dena Aronberg (24/10/2016)I've been buying tops from the silky range since they were introduced. Love them as they are long in the body (I'm 5'10", medium) and are the only Kettlewell T's that fit me lengthwise. The soft, stretchy fabric is very comfortable. The quality is good and my original ones from 3-4 years ago are still going strong. I bought this one in aubergine and rust to add to the collection. Lovely warm Autumn colours. Please keep this range going!
- Jane (15/10/2016)I bought two of these and am delighted. The fit, quality and style are excellent. As a size 12 (and 5ft 2inches) I bought the medium size which fitted me well, plus I quite like the longer length some people have mentioned. So far after washing they have retained their colour, shape and lovely feel. I've marked slightly lower for value as they are not cheap.
- Jan (13/10/2016)Very nice. Soft, well cut, well made, colour lovely and as pictured. The only problem is the sizing. I bought a small, which is advertised as 8–10, but it's really a 10. If you're a standard 8, it will be too big. It's slightly over-large on the shoulders, under the armpits and around the wrists, and rides up slightly as a result. This is particularly annoying in the sleeves. I'm smallish, but not teeny-tiny. Let's have an XS, please Kettlewell.
- Jess (08/10/2016)Super top! Seriously soft with lovely long sleeves and body. A little sheer on its own as it is fitted so I wear over the lace camisole or under a merino wrap and scarf.
- Martha Rose (24/09/2016)My second of these really good tops. Great style, fit and colour. Beowulf certainly buy again.
- Caroline (01/07/2016)When my first set of these tops arrived, I put one on immediately and pretty much lived in it until it needed to be washed. The next thing I did was order several more..... The fabric feels lovely and the colours are good - although I would like it in even more colours - but the thing I like best is the amount of coverage. It's Winter here in New Zealand, and this top is a perfect intermediate layer for the yoga studio, Pilates studio or just general running around or slobbing around. The neck is high enough not to be cold, the sleeves come right down to my hands, and the length covers my hips. Perfect.
- joan (20/06/2016)Another superb item. Top fits well, great colour and style. Would definitely buy again, and so many lovely colours to choose from. Great service.
- Caroline (10/06/2016)i have searched for ages for some tops in this colour and then I found your website.The finish and quality are excellent and although I live in New zealand the postage is very fast.I just love your website and its amazing to find clothes in a colour that you know suits you rather than to have to take whats available in the local shops.Please start advertising out here as I'm sure many more would benefit from your selection.
- avis hobbs (21/05/2016)I am always pleased with the clothes I get from Kettlewell, but this top surpasses all. The aqua colour is amazing and quality and fit are also great. I was having trouble finding a top to match a jacket (from another company) but this aqua top tones with it beautifully. I will be getting other colours in this style. Thank you, Kettlewell.
- Alyson (15/02/2016)This is an excellent top - comfortable, smart and really versatile. I now have it in a wide range of autumn colours and have worn it with a skirt, under jackets, under jumpers, when I needed an extra layer for warmth, when slopping around in the evenings - in fact, anywhere. They wash and wear well and although they seem pricey, the price per wear is miniscule! I am tall and this is a good length on me, even in the arms. Altogether a brilliant top. Please bring it out in some strong summer colours (as I do not like pale colours). Also, a short sleeve version would be good.
- Gail (18/01/2016)My first buy from Kettlewell and I was so excited when it was delivered a few days later. The colour is exquisite and I had so many compliments, I've only recently had my colours done so still getting used to my new palate. Shopping with Kettlewell has made it so easy though. I'm 5ft 9, size 14 and bought a large, the overall fit and sleeve length was perfect, not baggy at the wrists. I bought a couple of other items but had to return something as it was the wrong size for me and that was super easy too! I can't wait to order some more things now. FYI I washed the top tonight and it has come out beautifully on a 30 degree cycle.
- Jaimie (08/12/2015)These are super tops for us tall women. I am Spring/Autumn so have bought the aqua to wear during the spring and summer months, and the old gold to wear during the autumn months. However when I begin to wear my tan shoes and boots during the colder months I would have loved to have been able to match them up with camel, tan and rust crew necks, but unfortunately you don't have any. Any chance that you will may have some in the future?
- Genevieve (12/10/2015)As a size 8, this is one of the few Kettlewell styles that fits me. My most recent purchase is the silky crew neck in pink coral which is a striking colour. I do like this style and have a few colours now but I would like to have more to choose from. It would be great if you would introduce an extra small range so that I do not have to be continually disappointed and have to send so many lovely things back!
- Anne (17/09/2015)Silky soft, so comfortable to wear and a good selection of colours to choose from. One in every colour would be perfect
- Karan (17/09/2015)I was doubtful about ordering a long sleeve top as I am tall and have long arms. I needn't have worried. Everything about the fit/length, arms and body, is perfect.
- Jane Casswell (13/10/2014)I ordered this top in large and am thrilled with the feel and fit - being 6ft tall I frequently find clothes are much too short, (in both the body and sleeves) so it was a pleasant surprise to find that both are long enough for me. I will be ordering more of this top, especially since it looks great with the infinity scarf I also ordered. Well done Kettlewell, a lovely fabric and fit, please can we have more?!
- Kandy (10/10/2014)Bought this in gold, tomato and chocolate. Very pleased with the quality and the colours (last year's colour additions in this style weren't great for Autumns IMO). Most Kettlewell tops are too short in the body for me (5' 10"), so I like this particular style and the scoop neck version which I have in aubergine (still going strong after two years wearing). Please more slightly longer tops!
- Jane (25/09/2014)What a beautiful top, the fabric is divine and feels lovely next to the skin. I find quite a few of Kettlewells tops are too loose but this fits like a glove. More colours please and maybe you could introduce an extra small for us less well endowed ladies!
- Victoria Wakefield (23/05/2014)I have purchased this top in Aubergine. It's a lovely rich colour and feels very soft and silky. I'm only 5ft 1in so it's a little on the long side. Having said that it's so slinky that you can turn it under a little and no one will ever notice. The other point I'd like to make is I'm a size 10 but i buy top's in this material in size M. The hang is perfect. But if you like your top's close fitting then stick to your true size. The quality is second to none and they keep their shape wash after wash.
- Julie (25/04/2014)I have recently bought this top in Lobelia and it is just a fabulous fabric, fits perfectly and have ordered two more. Please Kettlewell do not discontinue this fabric. Modal/elastane is great to wear.
- metyl (17/01/2014)This top is so comfortable and is a nice stretchy silky fabric. Nice long sleeves and layers nicely with cardigans or short sleeve tank tops. Can be dressed up or down.
- amy (27/09/2013)OMG the fabric is divine. Everything about this top is divine. The fabric is wonderfully silky and drapes beautifully. I love the length (being 5' 9 I like the extra length). I normally buy t-shirts from US for the fit and length but I'm now converting to Kettlewell. Bought the periwinkle, which is rich enough for special occasions. This top will get lots of wear and I'm looking forward to my next purchase.
- Sharon (22/12/2012)