Reviews of Jersey Maxi Skirt
Add your review
If you have had an unfavourable experience please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review. We are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted anonymously.
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Marine NavyI loved this skirt so much I bought another one in a different colour. Nice fabric, doesn’t cling, feels nice to wear. It’s difficult trying to find a maxi skirt in a plain colour, so I was happy to find this one.
- Christine (12/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Dove GreyUnfortunately I will return as it doesn’t suit me.
- Finella (24/06/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Marine NavyI really like this swishy skirt. I was after a plain one and it's not been easy to find one that's good quality, and not black. It hangs well and is nice quality, well made, thick and heavy, and lined as well. I am 5' 8" tall and it's a nice length on me, just above my ankles. If it creased a bit less it would be perfect.
- Sheila (24/06/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Marine NavyI’ve never written a review before, but I love this skirt so much, I thought it’s only fair! Received today - mine is the marine navy and I’m wearing it with a pair of silver trainers, your v neck vest in white and the short flowing shrug/cardi in the same blue as the skirt. I feel and look fab. Great for a cold “summer” day and I think I just discovered my perfect plane travel outfit. So comfy, very stylish and incredibly versatile. I’m 5’9”, size 10 and I’m wearing size small - fits perfectly. My only gripe...I think your prices are about 25% too high. At £40 this skirt would have been well priced. At £65 it’s over priced, IMHO!
- Amanda (14/06/2019)
Reply from Kettlewell - Thank you for your lovely review. Unfortunately we would not able to achieve the quality and maintain our business if we were to reduce our prices by 25%.
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyLovely skirt. Fits well and drapes beautifully-good colour which matches several tops.
- Eva (12/06/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Marine NavyThe skirt is beautifully heavy and hangs well. Any creases drop out. It looks and feels expensive!
- Honey (31/05/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: NavyI love these skirts - so glad that you have brought them back!! The navy is a great colour. Please can we have more colours. Only downsize is that I have to buy a bigger size as with all your clothes.
- Margaret (26/05/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Marine NavySkirt is lovely, hangs beautifully, it is a good weight. If a little shorter I would have ordered a couple more.
- Maureen (10/05/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Dove GreyI am so pleased you've brought the maxi back, perfect flowing length and ideal for taller ladies wanting a long skirt. Good drape and weight, I love these & have several in various colours Dove Grey is nice for summer, bright navy and indigo are gorgeous and safari too, all fabulous to wash, good to dress up or for casual wear or office. Would love to see black, stone grey and a pale light straw or ivory..maybe some more neutrals for summery days please! Excellent all round wearability.
- Singer (02/05/2019)This skirt has a lovely shape and the half lining makes it feel and look really good.. please, please do a midi version of this which would be so much more useful for work.
- Tallulah (29/04/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: NavyI've just added my 4th maxi to my collection. I love them - winter with boots and summer with trainers or sandals. Maybe some prints next year? I really like Kettlewell's Navy. You know how navy can be flat and boring and "uniform"? Well this one is rich and flattering and feels like a colour in its own right, not just a safe basic. Bright Navy is also a favourite, a bit different and great for Winters.
- Artist (20/04/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: NavySo glad you have bought the maxi skirts back.I was told last year that you were not having them any more .would love to have more colours. Especially black. Thank you for the very good service you give.
- Hilda (11/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: SafariThis skirt is fabulous,the colour goes with everything and it has a nice weight to it too! I love the flow of this skirt and the clever panel from waist to hip level which makes it very flattering. I am 5’4” and the length is fine on me.
- Stella (28/03/2019)Love these skirts, now have 3 different colours. So glad they brought this design back. They're true to size(I'm 5'6 and long legged rather than long bodied), don't show the lumps and bumps and are a good thickness with the lining over the top section. Hope there will be some lighter colours for the summer.
- Andrea Powell (22/01/2018)I bought 2of these skirts and would love them in more colours or prints. Ideally, I would like them a couple of inches longer, but that is a minor quibble. They are a good weight and fit well.
- Patricia Thompson (19/01/2018)I absolutely love this skirt. Bought L in mole. Would normally buy LL but out of stock and other reviewers suggested sizing ran a bit large, so I thought I'd give it a go as I tend to wear a longer looser top with a skirt anyway. The fit is fine for my needs. Nice drape and movement. Wish I'd bought one pre-sale in the marine blue.
- stephanie (12/01/2018)I so wanted to love this skirt but unfortunately it just didn't suit me. Beautifully made, it hung nicely but as I am only 5' 4" it overwhelmed me a bit. Had it been calf length it would have looked great with boots. I suppose I could have got it shortened probably from the top so as not to spoil the "swish" but that would have added to the overall cost. It would have been a bargain at the sale price offered but sadly it went back.
- Shirley Walke (11/01/2018)Lovely skirt,easy to wear nd comfortable. Generous sizing on waist.
- Sarah Gill (22/12/2017)I love the maxi skirts and have them in multiple colours from the last 6 years or so of maxi skirt styles. I wear them with various Kettlewell plain (or sparkly) tops and tie wrap cardigans or bolero tie fronts - and they suit everywhere. They are my staple work clothes (I'm a gp) but are equally good for shopping, relaxing, eating out or going to church - dressed up or down with jackets, necklaces and scarves. But I do wish the new lovely patterns had made it to the maxi style (the weekend skirt is too slim line for a pear-shaped mum of teens) I had my eye on the cassis one, the toffee one and the teal pattern but it looks like I'm out of luck...any chance of buying the material to make my own?! As regards sizing I'm just over 5 foot 9 with a 34.5 inch inside leg and find the skirt length perfect and the large size comfortable throughout the day ; the medium is just slightly too tight a fit for me. I also prefer the narrower waist band of this version as though the wider waist band of the previous maxi skirt looked smarter when standing it folds over when sitting and then can be uncomfortable. I do hope there will be some more colours soon!
- Penny McEvoy (07/11/2017)I bought this in Mole, size L. The colour is a very useful neutral which will go with very many colours. The waist is 33" which I'm going to have to take in a bit, and the length under the waist band is 38 1/2". I probably could have bought the M size. I see other reviewers have said the same thing. It's quite a heavy skirt and falls beautifully.
- madeleine harrington (03/11/2017)I love this skirt and I'm very happy with the indigo colour. I would say that you may need to go down a size because they are quite large (I'm usually a medium but chose a small) but it's very comfortable and easy to wear.
- Fiona Arbuthnott (12/10/2017)This is a lovely skirt. I was concerned that at just under 6 foot, I would find it a bit short but I am glad that I read the reviews and bought it as it is just right especially with boots for the Autumn. I also sized down from L to M.
- Katjhryn (25/09/2017)I have now completed the alteration of my skirt, and it is vastly improved by just being a bit 'sharper' (as well as smaller) PLEASE can we have smaller skirts...the clothes are not cheap, but the quality is good. so give us some smaller sizes, to save your loyal customers from either working to make them fit, or paying for alterations. Also, I am a 'Summer' which means I want summery things all year around. I don't want to wear the colours of the British seasons I want to wear the colours of MY season Give me lighter, clearer colours....I am wearing Canary Yellow in the rain!...and soft white, pink and lilac in the weather when others want to wear Beige and brown!...I AM colours! I want skirts to match me please!
- Jackie Worrall (12/09/2017)I bought this skirt last season and it was very big on the waist and hip, and very long too (I am 5'5" tall and 34 hip) My new one, in Blackberry, is also far too big on the waist and needs taking in in the hip too, but I am lucky to be able to do this myself. Like other reviewers, I too wish SMALL meant Small especially in trousers and skirts, or that an XSmall was available Having said that, the fabric on my new skirt is somehow softer and lighter, which makes it hang better, and the bottom edge is lovely and 'swishy' I will shorten it from the waist so that I don't lose the 'flare'...and take in the hip from the centre back seam whilst I have the waist apart. I too wish there were lighter colours...what about that new Nimbus shade, and maybe Wisteria or Clover?
- Jackie Worrall (01/09/2017)Bought two of these skirts and I am absolutely thrilled with them. Good quality fabric and perfect fit and length. Thank you.
- Johnson (26/08/2017)Love everything about this skirt ... fabric , style , colours , the half double fabric and the long length ! about to order a 3rd one :) please make this also in black !
- dena (01/08/2017)Lovely skirt, perfect length, great "swish" when moving. Hope it stays in the catalogue as I would love another one. What about some more colours?
- Margaret (17/07/2017)Love this skirt, but as others say, it's very long! I'm 5'6" size M and it's only just about wearable unaltered, reaching just below the ankle. I suspect I'll have to get it shortened. If I buy another I will try a small in the hope that it's shorter!
- Sandrine Westcott (13/07/2017)Good quality material. Colour nice in Indigo. Very flattering fit but several inches too long. I will keep it and turn over the waistband and hope this doesn't effect the fit. So please Kettlewell please bring out some shorter long skirts maybe in some brighter colours.
- Jill Milne (31/05/2017)Excellent quality. Nice colour and style. Hangs well, perfect for holidays.
- Lori (03/04/2017)Perfect for a holiday and hangs well. Flattering fit. Have you considered lighter colours as well, for summer?
- Vanessa (24/03/2017)I liked the look of this skirt but wasn't sure whether I could (should) do maxi skirts third time around. However, this is lovely - a perfect ankle length, it hangs beautifully and the half-lining does a neat bit of corsetry! The fabric is just the right weight and swings but doesn't cling. So gorgeous in Blackberry that I may have to have another...
- Artist Helen (23/02/2017)I loved the colour of this skirt (marine blue), the shape (excellent for a tall pear), the length (excellent) and the fit (M). I really wanted to keep it as I loved the look of it. I agonised over returning it but sadly I came back to the same old problem. I just can't wear viscose - I do keep trying.. Had the skirt been cotton jersey I would definitely have kept it.
- L (26/01/2017)Nice quality skirt and just the shape I wanted but way too long for me - at 5 ft 5 I'm average height. The colour wasn't very nice either - I ordered the Mole but it didn't look like the website picture.
- Jackie (20/12/2016)I'm 5'9 size M and so pleased to have found a good length maxi skirt. The quality of the fit and fabric are excellent too and the half lining adds the finishing touch.
- Charlotte (16/12/2016)I tried on the one my friend sent for and found it very long, and the waist too big, but, in the past I have found that the sizing of Kettlewell clothes can be a bit erratic, so I sent for the chocolate brown (my friend has the mole) Mine was slightly shorter and the waist seemed even bigger (small size), but I like the skirt and have been looking for a new maxi skirt everywhere. I needed to put new elastic into the waist, which 'hoisted it up' an inch or two, and although it is a little too full over the hip, that is not such a problem. I wish Kettlewell 'small' size was a small fit, or they would add extra small to the range and I also wish that they would do a maxi skirt in some brighter colours.
- Jackie Worrall (15/12/2016)I like how it has a half-slip sewn in. Good value. Very comfortable.
- JM (08/12/2016)just what I was hoping for, I knew from the jumper I brought previously that the quality would be good but it surpassed my expectations. Excellent weight jersey hangs beautifully.
- Judy Smith (05/12/2016)I have been looking for a purple skirt for ages and this is just the thing, but I agree it could have been slightly shorter.
- Lorna (05/12/2016)This is the first item I have bought from Kettlewell and I'm really pleased with it. It's a good weight jersey so it hangs nicely. The colour (Blackberry) is lovely - not too bright and very versatile. Interesting about the comments on it being too long because it's just right on me, even a fraction shorter than I would have liked but I'm 168cm with long legs. I'll get a lot of wear out of this skirt.
- Maddie (02/12/2016)Have Mole and Marine - can dress up for entertaining and down for pottering around. Comfortable and stylish. Would love a straight midi in same pull on style.
- Sonny (02/12/2016)A great block coloured skirt to team with different tops. Normally a size 10, I found the 'small' still too large round the waist, so a trip to the dressmaker was in order. The skirt now fits perfectly and I am hoping that the material doesn't cling to my thick tights which I am reluctant to give up in this weather. A full length non-cling lining may have been a good addition. As a 'winter' I am looking forward to purchasing another skirt, in red!
- Carole Alleway (29/11/2016)I agree with Pauline, this is a useful skirt, and a lovely style, if it were a useful length. but it just too long. Not everyone can alter the length themselves, and that process by a professional dressmaker could be an expensive addition to the cost, reducing my 'value' rating And 'useful' mmm! the Mole colour' is just that, but this is Kettlewell COLOURS and the wonderful thing about Kettlewell is all the colours! Dark and dreary colours are available on the high street, only Kettlewell offer cheerful colours all the year round. Couldn't we have a more cheerful selection of colours in this skirt Please? Maybe the new Almond shade or the Rustic Red to match the tassel handbag, or Diva pink to wear with the scarf? This is the party season, so let's party!
- Jackie Worrall (26/11/2016)Very stylish skirt in key colours. It is a good quality jersey material which hangs beautifully over the hips. The brochure clearly shows that this is a very long skirt and I have suggested to Kettlewell that offering a choice of lengths would be helpful. I ordered mine in mole and it is a great colour which I can wear with both patterned and self coloured tops. I have kept the skirt even though it is a good two inches too long as I hope to shorten it and for that reason I can only award 4 stars for style.
- Pauline (24/11/2016)