Reviews of Jersey Maxi Skirt
Add your review
We want you to be delighted with your purchases but if you do have any problems, please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review as we are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted using forenames/initials only and may be used for marketing purposes.
COLOUR: ChocolateI purchased the chocolate maxi skirt which is a rich, deep beautiful brown. Maxi's are so wonderful for anytime of the year - they look great in the summer with ballet flats or sandals; or in the fall/winter with boots or dress shoes. Since I have short legs; wearing a maxi makes my legs appear longer which is flattering on everyone.
- Nancy (18/10/2020)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: ChocolateUnfortunately I had to return this skirt but thought it would still be useful to write a review. I am 5’ 5” with long legs that are similar in length to a 5’8” person and the length was absolutely perfect for me. The skirt hung above my ankles like a long midi. If Kettlewell made more skirts in this length I would definitely buy other designs. I also liked the fact that the material lies flat against the stomach so no bulk and it hangs well. I have a very short upper body and waist which made me feel a bit frumpy so it didn’t suit my shape. The model in the video has a much longer body than I have and looks fabulous so I have concluded that it’s not the right style for short bodies like mine. Overall, it is a lovely skirt just not for me.
- Glenys (16/10/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft NavyThis is my first purchase of clothing from Kettlewell and I bought it in the Soft Navy colourway which is lovely. I vary between sizes 12 and 14 on the bottom half and so I ordered the medium and large. The large was perfect and the fit and length so flattering, I particularly like the seam detailing which just lifts it out of the ordinary. A great everyday skirt but I can also envisage being able to dress it up for an evening out with the right accessories. A great addition to my wardrobe and this will not be my only purchase!
- Karen (15/10/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CassisI bought this in the Cassis and love it. It is a lighter guage fabric than the Cassis & Indigo print skirt. Although I would have loved it to be a bit heavier fabric for Winter, it still feels lovely on. I am 5'6 but long waisted with short legs, so it come to the top of my feet, but I love the length. Very comfortable waist band - definitely a keeper for me. Love it! Thinking about one in Soft Navy now.....
- Karina (07/10/2020)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: CassisI bought this skirt in both the Cassis & Bright Navy & straight away loved the deep rich colour of the Cassis. The skirt fitted perfectly round the waist (& I loved the pull-on style) & over the hips (I’m a size 10) but even at 5’8” it was a bit too long to be practical for me. As I can’t wear heels owing to knee issues, the most elegant autumn/winter footwear I have are smart Chelsea boots & somehow the ensemble just didn’t work for me. Also it was bought very much as a “going out” skirt (wishful thinking, I know!) but living in Manchester & under much tighter restrictions than most of the rest of the country, I realised it would probably just live in my wardrobe till next summer........ Sadly returned both skirts🙁
- Marieke (06/10/2020)
SIZE: LargeI love these maxi skirts. The length is perfect for me at 5' 8ins and a size L. the weight and fabric feel lovely. I can't wait to wear it with my leopard prints from last year. I have the caramel colour from last season and would love other colours on this.
- Deborah (04/10/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Soft NavyI returned this. The colour (navy) was beautiful, and the fabric was lovely and swishy, but the waist was too big and the hips were too tight, and the length just wasn't right for me - it felt frumpy. I am 5 ft 9 and it hit just below the top of my ankle boots so looked really strange. I rolled it up a bit and the length was better but then the waist looked odd. I really wanted to love this, but not for me.
- Jennifer (29/09/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: BlackLove this skirt, already have one in brown as well. Easy to wear and slimming, but would have loved to have had the choice of it being available in different lengths.
- Deborah (25/09/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: BlackLovely fabric, drapes well and LL is a good, relaxed fit for size 16-18. Forgiving, comfortable waistline too! Maxi length on me & I’m 5’6” . Looks great with heeled sandals and will wear with boots through the winter months. An excellent basic. Would like a midi or knee length version too please!
- Lesley W. (16/09/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: SafariI was a bit sceptical about this skirt so it took me a while to order and try it, but I love the weight and quality of the fabric and the maxi length is perfect for me at 5ft 8ins. I think it's another versatile piece in my wardrobe for Autumn cooler days teamed with my faux crossovers.
- Deborah Kirk (05/08/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: SafariI was SO pleased to find a skirt in one of my better neutral colours. It's comfortable and versatile. Fabulous fabric; a good weight for cooler days. I love it as it drapes nicely - I'm soft curved. My best length is 35", so it's long for me, but it's fine for wafting round in on a Summer's day.
- Rosemary (06/07/2020)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: BlackberryI had my eyes on these as they had sold out in S so when they came back in stock I quickly bought two. One in blackberry and one in navy. Unfortunately as lovely as they are, they are way too long for my 5’2 petite frame. Please please, Kettlewell, consider doing these in petite length.
- Aditee (06/06/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: SafariNice skirt, but why is it available in only one colour?
- Susan (19/05/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Bright NavyA lovely skirt in beautifully draping fabric. Bright navy is definitely a bright colour, which I like. I did find the skirt very long. Almost on the ground. I am 5 ft 4 in and had to shorten it.
- Jennifer (30/04/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Bright NavyNice skirt, good fit and length but maybe a bit long for anyone much shorter than me (I'm 5ft 9ins). Like the fact that it's part lined. Bright navy is one of my ** colours but it's not that easy to find. This will go with so many of my Spring tops.
- Linda (24/04/2020)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: SafariDelighted with this skirt although it is slightly larger in the waist than I’d like (I’m 5’6” and a size 8). I wish they did this in XS. Fabric wears and washes well and looks great teamed with a variety of tops. I purchased it in Safari and Bright Navy. Will buy more if released in other spring colours.
- Becky (15/04/2020)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Bright NavyI’m 5’6 and the length was perfect for me. I was a little unsure having read other reviews but the length works with both flats and with wedges. This skirt has a lovely ‘swish’ and feels feminine to wear, easily dressed up or down. The lining means no VPL and a smooth shape. I bought the large as a I’m size 14 and the fit is just right and has some stretch for ‘those days’. My OH even commented on how he liked this skirt and offered to buy me the charcoal one before it went out of stock...not a common occurrence I promise you so I took him up on his offer straight away. Expensive item so it is an investment but absolutely well worth it.
- Linda (15/04/2020)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: SafariLove the look of this skirt. Problem is I am only 5’1” tall and worried it’s going to be too long. Any other 5’1” girls out there who have tried it?
- Cheryl (31/03/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: NavyLove love love this skirt, what else is there to say
- Edna (28/03/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: NavyLove love love this skirt, what else is there to say
- Edna (27/03/2020)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: BlackberryVery nice skirt, simple, stylish, comfortable. I’m 5’8” and about 125 pounds and it fits very well. Love the blackberry color which is a great core color for those with a darker summer palette.
- janine (16/03/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CharcoalThis is a wonderful skirt which I have worn for work. All colours go with it as I bought the charcoal. It is a lovely weight and hangs extremely well. It’s going to be very well worn..
- Gina (01/03/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: BlackberryMy daughter bought me this skirt in navy for Christmas and I absolutely love it. It is a good winter weight, is very well made and extremely comfortable to wear, and at 5 ft 5 in the length is perfect for me, I hate maxi skirts that turn out to be half way between a maxi and a midi! I have since ordered another navy and one blackberry.
- Jenny (29/01/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CharcoalThe maxi skirt is a lovely weight and very comfortable. The charcoal is a very good neutral colour that goes with everything.
- Louise Grant (18/01/2020)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: BlackberryI love this skirt. In fact so much I bought it in another colour. A great weight and at 5ft 5 ins a perfect length.
- Julie (05/01/2020)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: BlackberryThe skirt was way too long for me, it measured 39 inches and I am 5ft 5 mins. I knew it would be and fortunately I know a good seamstress who doesn't charge too much. So currently it is being altered. I wish Kettlewell could offer a choice of lengths.
- Maxine (17/12/2019)
SIZE: LargeGood material. The fit and the style are flattering, but it's rather long and I'm going to have to shorten it. ( I have shrunk to 5' 3'', so am having problems with fittings)
- Shirley (11/12/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: BlackberryBeautiful skirt. Everything one would want in a winter skirt: warm, heavy material, soft, drapes well, great length for me at 5ft 7ins.. Very feminine and a lovely colour (blackberry) for winter. More please in other colours.
- dec (05/12/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: BlackberryI love the skirt, beautiful colour and weight but slightly longer than I prefer, same as my weekend skirts I find myself turning them over at the waist to shorten as I wanted to avoid shortening it at the hem which I think I will have to do as doing it with this alters the way ot hangs. As the skirt I got was out of stock and I got it because someone else had returned It I didn’t send it back as I had really wanted this skirt. I am 5”8” I do like it, it hangs well, good quality jersey , very well made but would prefer it an inch or two shorter.
- Barbara (20/11/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CharcoalLovely skirt- hangs very well as it is quite heavy and a great fit. Returned as didn’t like colour ordered (charcoal) but re-ordered in blackberry (which was my first preferred colour but was out of stock). Was very pleased with the overall fit etc of the skirt and am happy to wait for my re-order to be back in stock as think will get a lot of use out of it. Just hope it is back in stock and arrives before Xmas! A definite must for my wardrobe.
- rosie (12/11/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: CharcoalVery much as many other reviewers state; a beautiful skirt but massively long. I hope that you are taking note of this and realising that there are smaller people who still wish to look good. It would be nice to see items offered in a choice of lengths.
- Val (11/11/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: BlackberryLove the colour. It hangs beautifully over the hips, a great fit and very flattering . Had to shorten it quite a bit but I was prepared for that.
- Judy (08/11/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: BlackberryA lovely skirt, heavier fabric for winter, and a gorgeous colour. I wish you did more colours! A little long but I had it shortened. I love these skirts they wash and wear wonderfully.
- Lesley (21/10/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: BlackberryThe skirt feels heavy, so hangs beautifully. It is a bit long for my height of 5ft 2in. but ideal for me as I am chair bound mostly. Looks and feels good quality, and a glorious colour, blackberry. The colour palette is very helpful to guide one to the most flattering colours to wear, especially on ones top half.
- Helen (14/10/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: BlackberryI bought this skirt is Blackberry just prior to going away. Definitely one of my finds of the year!! It’s stylish, well made and easy to wear. All round brilliant! I’m waiting for Bright Navy skirts to come back into stock as I will buy it without pause for thought.
- Sara (13/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: True RedA lovely skirt, very comfortable to wear and according to my husband it looks very elegant. I’m a size 12 and it fits perfectly although at 5’4” I may decide to shorten it slightly if I decide to wear it with low heels. Love it with my shimmer cowl neck top in cream and high black ankle boots with leopard print trim but could equally be dressed down. A very versatile piece.
- Elaine (13/10/2019)
COLOUR: BlackberryLove this skirt, love the colour (aubergine) but way too long, will cost me £20 to have it taken up, will still probably buy more.
- Sarah (12/10/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: BlackberryI bought this in Blackberry and sent it back . it needs more flare in it for me . I may well change my mind and re order it again though
- jayne (11/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: True RedI am delighted with this skirt. It is exactly the right size and length and is of a good quality and weight for Autumn and Winter. I will not need to buy a skirt for Christmas because this will be perfect. It will be good with a pretty blouse and look good with a cashmere sweater too. The wonderful thing about this skirt is how it flows and my “ five children bulge” is hardly noticeable!
- Jeanne (02/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: BlackberryGood length and skimmed nicely over the hips but I thought there was too much fullness in the lower half of the skirt.
- Barbara (02/10/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: BlackberryLovely fabric. Doesn't "seat" after sitting down. Certainly Maxi if you are my height (5'4'') as it is down to the ankles. Would love an option that is a bit shorter so it looks like the model on us smaller ladies. Also a dark brown and dark green for Autumn Winter.
- Fiona (27/09/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: BlackberryWow, this skirt is lovely. Very good quality jersey and it hangs beautifully. It's a very flattering skirt and the colour is rich. I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. I couldn't be happier. Thank you Kettlewell.
- Kathryn (12/09/2019)What a lovely skirt the maxi skirt is I have very swollen legs so need a long skirt and must have bought about twelve of them.Please Please Please keep them. I have been looking for the dark navy one to come back, Is there any chance of this. I have never written a review before. Yours. Hilda
- Hilda (12/09/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: True RedI absolutely love these skirts! They are well cut, a good weight and the shaped, lined section is really flattering. I've just treated myself to True Red to add to Indigo, Blackberry, Navy and Bright Navy. I wear them all year with different looks. They are amazingly versatile.
- Helen H (06/09/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: BlackberrySecond part of Review ...... Checked it with the AW2018 Mosaic Top in Blackberry, and the previous 2018 Lace Camisole. It is a PERFECT match so definitely consider it you love the Mosaic!
- Olwen (31/08/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: BlackberrySuperb Jersey skirt. Well worth the price tag! Nicely cut to give swing. If you are a petite (I am barely 5' foot) then you will have a shortening service on speed dial .... But even shortening this skirt doesn't affect the swing. The lining means the upper portion over the tummy and hips does not cling in the way that the Weekender did. The jersey is also a little thicker which means it will be ideal for Winter wear ..... Very cold day? Layer with thick tights. High fashion look? Full white underskirt and cowboy boots. It is definitely versatile .... Casual or sophisticated. Love, love, love the blackberry - I was defined by navy, white, and silver grey ..... Kettlewell introduced me to a new wardrobe staple for which I am grateful.
- Olwen (31/08/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Marine NavyI loved this skirt so much I bought another one in a different colour. Nice fabric, doesn’t cling, feels nice to wear. It’s difficult trying to find a maxi skirt in a plain colour, so I was happy to find this one.
- Christine (12/07/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Dove GreyUnfortunately I will return as it doesn’t suit me.
- Finella (24/06/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Marine NavyI really like this swishy skirt. I was after a plain one and it's not been easy to find one that's good quality, and not black. It hangs well and is nice quality, well made, thick and heavy, and lined as well. I am 5' 8" tall and it's a nice length on me, just above my ankles. If it creased a bit less it would be perfect.
- Sheila (24/06/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: Marine NavyI’ve never written a review before, but I love this skirt so much, I thought it’s only fair! Received today - mine is the marine navy and I’m wearing it with a pair of silver trainers, your v neck vest in white and the short flowing shrug/cardi in the same blue as the skirt. I feel and look fab. Great for a cold “summer” day and I think I just discovered my perfect plane travel outfit. So comfy, very stylish and incredibly versatile. I’m 5’9”, size 10 and I’m wearing size small - fits perfectly. My only gripe...I think your prices are about 25% too high. At £40 this skirt would have been well priced. At £65 it’s over priced, IMHO!
- Amanda (14/06/2019)
Reply from Kettlewell - Thank you for your lovely review. Unfortunately we would not able to achieve the quality and maintain our business if we were to reduce our prices by 25%.
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: NavyLovely skirt. Fits well and drapes beautifully-good colour which matches several tops.
- Eva (12/06/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Marine NavyThe skirt is beautifully heavy and hangs well. Any creases drop out. It looks and feels expensive!
- Honey (31/05/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: NavyI love these skirts - so glad that you have brought them back!! The navy is a great colour. Please can we have more colours. Only downsize is that I have to buy a bigger size as with all your clothes.
- Margaret (26/05/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: Marine NavySkirt is lovely, hangs beautifully, it is a good weight. If a little shorter I would have ordered a couple more.
- Maureen (10/05/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: Dove GreyI am so pleased you've brought the maxi back, perfect flowing length and ideal for taller ladies wanting a long skirt. Good drape and weight, I love these & have several in various colours Dove Grey is nice for summer, bright navy and indigo are gorgeous and safari too, all fabulous to wash, good to dress up or for casual wear or office. Would love to see black, stone grey and a pale light straw or ivory..maybe some more neutrals for summery days please! Excellent all round wearability.
- Singer (02/05/2019)This skirt has a lovely shape and the half lining makes it feel and look really good.. please, please do a midi version of this which would be so much more useful for work.
- Tallulah (29/04/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: NavyI've just added my 4th maxi to my collection. I love them - winter with boots and summer with trainers or sandals. Maybe some prints next year? I really like Kettlewell's Navy. You know how navy can be flat and boring and "uniform"? Well this one is rich and flattering and feels like a colour in its own right, not just a safe basic. Bright Navy is also a favourite, a bit different and great for Winters.
- Artist (20/04/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: NavySo glad you have bought the maxi skirts back.I was told last year that you were not having them any more .would love to have more colours. Especially black. Thank you for the very good service you give.
- Hilda (11/04/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: SafariThis skirt is fabulous,the colour goes with everything and it has a nice weight to it too! I love the flow of this skirt and the clever panel from waist to hip level which makes it very flattering. I am 5’4” and the length is fine on me.
- Stella (28/03/2019)Love these skirts, now have 3 different colours. So glad they brought this design back. They're true to size(I'm 5'6 and long legged rather than long bodied), don't show the lumps and bumps and are a good thickness with the lining over the top section. Hope there will be some lighter colours for the summer.
- Andrea Powell (22/01/2018)I bought 2of these skirts and would love them in more colours or prints. Ideally, I would like them a couple of inches longer, but that is a minor quibble. They are a good weight and fit well.
- Patricia Thompson (19/01/2018)I absolutely love this skirt. Bought L in mole. Would normally buy LL but out of stock and other reviewers suggested sizing ran a bit large, so I thought I'd give it a go as I tend to wear a longer looser top with a skirt anyway. The fit is fine for my needs. Nice drape and movement. Wish I'd bought one pre-sale in the marine blue.
- stephanie (12/01/2018)I so wanted to love this skirt but unfortunately it just didn't suit me. Beautifully made, it hung nicely but as I am only 5' 4" it overwhelmed me a bit. Had it been calf length it would have looked great with boots. I suppose I could have got it shortened probably from the top so as not to spoil the "swish" but that would have added to the overall cost. It would have been a bargain at the sale price offered but sadly it went back.
- Shirley Walke (11/01/2018)Lovely skirt,easy to wear nd comfortable. Generous sizing on waist.
- Sarah Gill (22/12/2017)I love the maxi skirts and have them in multiple colours from the last 6 years or so of maxi skirt styles. I wear them with various Kettlewell plain (or sparkly) tops and tie wrap cardigans or bolero tie fronts - and they suit everywhere. They are my staple work clothes (I'm a gp) but are equally good for shopping, relaxing, eating out or going to church - dressed up or down with jackets, necklaces and scarves. But I do wish the new lovely patterns had made it to the maxi style (the weekend skirt is too slim line for a pear-shaped mum of teens) I had my eye on the cassis one, the toffee one and the teal pattern but it looks like I'm out of luck...any chance of buying the material to make my own?! As regards sizing I'm just over 5 foot 9 with a 34.5 inch inside leg and find the skirt length perfect and the large size comfortable throughout the day ; the medium is just slightly too tight a fit for me. I also prefer the narrower waist band of this version as though the wider waist band of the previous maxi skirt looked smarter when standing it folds over when sitting and then can be uncomfortable. I do hope there will be some more colours soon!
- Penny McEvoy (07/11/2017)I bought this in Mole, size L. The colour is a very useful neutral which will go with very many colours. The waist is 33" which I'm going to have to take in a bit, and the length under the waist band is 38 1/2". I probably could have bought the M size. I see other reviewers have said the same thing. It's quite a heavy skirt and falls beautifully.
- madeleine harrington (03/11/2017)I love this skirt and I'm very happy with the indigo colour. I would say that you may need to go down a size because they are quite large (I'm usually a medium but chose a small) but it's very comfortable and easy to wear.
- Fiona Arbuthnott (12/10/2017)This is a lovely skirt. I was concerned that at just under 6 foot, I would find it a bit short but I am glad that I read the reviews and bought it as it is just right especially with boots for the Autumn. I also sized down from L to M.
- Katjhryn (25/09/2017)I have now completed the alteration of my skirt, and it is vastly improved by just being a bit 'sharper' (as well as smaller) PLEASE can we have smaller skirts...the clothes are not cheap, but the quality is good. so give us some smaller sizes, to save your loyal customers from either working to make them fit, or paying for alterations. Also, I am a 'Summer' which means I want summery things all year around. I don't want to wear the colours of the British seasons I want to wear the colours of MY season Give me lighter, clearer colours....I am wearing Canary Yellow in the rain!...and soft white, pink and lilac in the weather when others want to wear Beige and brown!...I AM colours! I want skirts to match me please!
- Jackie Worrall (12/09/2017)I bought this skirt last season and it was very big on the waist and hip, and very long too (I am 5'5" tall and 34 hip) My new one, in Blackberry, is also far too big on the waist and needs taking in in the hip too, but I am lucky to be able to do this myself. Like other reviewers, I too wish SMALL meant Small especially in trousers and skirts, or that an XSmall was available Having said that, the fabric on my new skirt is somehow softer and lighter, which makes it hang better, and the bottom edge is lovely and 'swishy' I will shorten it from the waist so that I don't lose the 'flare'...and take in the hip from the centre back seam whilst I have the waist apart. I too wish there were lighter colours...what about that new Nimbus shade, and maybe Wisteria or Clover?
- Jackie Worrall (01/09/2017)Bought two of these skirts and I am absolutely thrilled with them. Good quality fabric and perfect fit and length. Thank you.
- Johnson (26/08/2017)Love everything about this skirt ... fabric , style , colours , the half double fabric and the long length ! about to order a 3rd one :) please make this also in black !
- dena (01/08/2017)Lovely skirt, perfect length, great "swish" when moving. Hope it stays in the catalogue as I would love another one. What about some more colours?
- Margaret (17/07/2017)Love this skirt, but as others say, it's very long! I'm 5'6" size M and it's only just about wearable unaltered, reaching just below the ankle. I suspect I'll have to get it shortened. If I buy another I will try a small in the hope that it's shorter!
- Sandrine Westcott (13/07/2017)Good quality material. Colour nice in Indigo. Very flattering fit but several inches too long. I will keep it and turn over the waistband and hope this doesn't effect the fit. So please Kettlewell please bring out some shorter long skirts maybe in some brighter colours.
- Jill Milne (31/05/2017)Excellent quality. Nice colour and style. Hangs well, perfect for holidays.
- Lori (03/04/2017)Perfect for a holiday and hangs well. Flattering fit. Have you considered lighter colours as well, for summer?
- Vanessa (24/03/2017)I liked the look of this skirt but wasn't sure whether I could (should) do maxi skirts third time around. However, this is lovely - a perfect ankle length, it hangs beautifully and the half-lining does a neat bit of corsetry! The fabric is just the right weight and swings but doesn't cling. So gorgeous in Blackberry that I may have to have another...
- Artist Helen (23/02/2017)I loved the colour of this skirt (marine blue), the shape (excellent for a tall pear), the length (excellent) and the fit (M). I really wanted to keep it as I loved the look of it. I agonised over returning it but sadly I came back to the same old problem. I just can't wear viscose - I do keep trying.. Had the skirt been cotton jersey I would definitely have kept it.
- L (26/01/2017)Nice quality skirt and just the shape I wanted but way too long for me - at 5 ft 5 I'm average height. The colour wasn't very nice either - I ordered the Mole but it didn't look like the website picture.
- Jackie (20/12/2016)I'm 5'9 size M and so pleased to have found a good length maxi skirt. The quality of the fit and fabric are excellent too and the half lining adds the finishing touch.
- Charlotte (16/12/2016)I tried on the one my friend sent for and found it very long, and the waist too big, but, in the past I have found that the sizing of Kettlewell clothes can be a bit erratic, so I sent for the chocolate brown (my friend has the mole) Mine was slightly shorter and the waist seemed even bigger (small size), but I like the skirt and have been looking for a new maxi skirt everywhere. I needed to put new elastic into the waist, which 'hoisted it up' an inch or two, and although it is a little too full over the hip, that is not such a problem. I wish Kettlewell 'small' size was a small fit, or they would add extra small to the range and I also wish that they would do a maxi skirt in some brighter colours.
- Jackie Worrall (15/12/2016)I like how it has a half-slip sewn in. Good value. Very comfortable.
- JM (08/12/2016)just what I was hoping for, I knew from the jumper I brought previously that the quality would be good but it surpassed my expectations. Excellent weight jersey hangs beautifully.
- Judy Smith (05/12/2016)I have been looking for a purple skirt for ages and this is just the thing, but I agree it could have been slightly shorter.
- Lorna (05/12/2016)This is the first item I have bought from Kettlewell and I'm really pleased with it. It's a good weight jersey so it hangs nicely. The colour (Blackberry) is lovely - not too bright and very versatile. Interesting about the comments on it being too long because it's just right on me, even a fraction shorter than I would have liked but I'm 168cm with long legs. I'll get a lot of wear out of this skirt.
- Maddie (02/12/2016)Have Mole and Marine - can dress up for entertaining and down for pottering around. Comfortable and stylish. Would love a straight midi in same pull on style.
- Sonny (02/12/2016)A great block coloured skirt to team with different tops. Normally a size 10, I found the 'small' still too large round the waist, so a trip to the dressmaker was in order. The skirt now fits perfectly and I am hoping that the material doesn't cling to my thick tights which I am reluctant to give up in this weather. A full length non-cling lining may have been a good addition. As a 'winter' I am looking forward to purchasing another skirt, in red!
- Carole Alleway (29/11/2016)I agree with Pauline, this is a useful skirt, and a lovely style, if it were a useful length. but it just too long. Not everyone can alter the length themselves, and that process by a professional dressmaker could be an expensive addition to the cost, reducing my 'value' rating And 'useful' mmm! the Mole colour' is just that, but this is Kettlewell COLOURS and the wonderful thing about Kettlewell is all the colours! Dark and dreary colours are available on the high street, only Kettlewell offer cheerful colours all the year round. Couldn't we have a more cheerful selection of colours in this skirt Please? Maybe the new Almond shade or the Rustic Red to match the tassel handbag, or Diva pink to wear with the scarf? This is the party season, so let's party!
- Jackie Worrall (26/11/2016)Very stylish skirt in key colours. It is a good quality jersey material which hangs beautifully over the hips. The brochure clearly shows that this is a very long skirt and I have suggested to Kettlewell that offering a choice of lengths would be helpful. I ordered mine in mole and it is a great colour which I can wear with both patterned and self coloured tops. I have kept the skirt even though it is a good two inches too long as I hope to shorten it and for that reason I can only award 4 stars for style.
- Pauline (24/11/2016)