Reviews of Cotton Shirt Dress
Add your review
If you have had an unfavourable experience please contact Kettlewell before submitting a review. We are always happy to resolve any issues you may have experienced. All reviews are posted anonymously.
SIZE: Large COLOUR: BiscottiBought in the sale on spec and pleased i did, good fit and great over leggings but could get aeay with bare legs too without it feeli g too short
- Fiona (24/06/2019)
SIZE: MediumBought this dress in the sale , watermelon in medium. Sadly it was too big (I am 5ft 5in and a size 10/12) and it just looked like I was wearing a shapeless overall so I had to return it. The small had sold out otherwise I'd have been tempted to try again as it's a beautiful colour and the fabric good quality.
- Emma (09/05/2019)I love this dress for summer and I wish I had managed to buy one in aqua. However I am a size 12 to 14, 5ft 8ins and the L is roomy and very long. I will have to shorten it to make it look right.
- Debbie (15/04/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: CaperI bought Caper LL as I am 6 foot tall and size 16 / 18, self diagnosed as Autumn Season. Its brilliant. Not too formal and perfect over leggings as an easy casual look. Even better, I have washed it, line dried it (soft pegs) and put it straight back on, no ironing needed. Perfect for my busy lifestyle. I very surprised by the fit on my tall torso. Its really good. An inch or 2 above the knee, definitely a dress and not a tunic. The sleeves are comfortable buttoned up and stay where I want them under a cardigan. So tempted to buy Biscotti and Warm White too, but then I may never wear anything else...
- Jane (04/04/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: BiscottiI bought this dress in Biscotti and liked it so much that I also ordered it in Caper. The Biscotti colour is gorgeous and I had a lot of compliments when I wore it. The length was perfect for me - falling just above the knee (I am 5'3"). After reading other reviews I decided to size down. The fit was perfect for me, not too loose and not too fitted. This dress is ideal for wearing when the weather is mild but also be worn in the winter by adding more layers. It is also versatile in that you can dress it up or down.
- Tara (03/04/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: WatermelonGreat quality, fab colour..,I ordered watermelon. Will prob have shortened ...just below knee but prefer slightly shorter. Overall am happy with my purchase
- Sue (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: BiscottiThis is a perfect dress for transition into Spring, and at such a great price! The collar, half front button down, cuffed sleeves, and a lovely cut in a quality fabric give a nice tailored look. Topped with a neck kerchief, and worn with a short blazer and pumps, I can wear it to work. Rolled up sleeves, open neck, and leggings give it a more casual look. It looks super with a jean jacket too. I ordered the biscotti - a gorgeous colour for warm autumn, and the warm white for more spring/summery casualness. Love them! I am a petite small and always order small. I'm not comfortable in tight fitting clothing and appreciated the little extra ease in this dress especially across the bust, so my usual size in this worked for me.
- Lori (31/03/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: WatermelonThis is a really comfy garment - I am wearing it for walks on the beach and lazy days. The coral is not quite right for me, I am a summer and it is a spring colour and a little too bright for me, but I am still enjoying wearing it - just so cheerful.
- Alison (28/03/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: BiscottiLovely lovely dress, well made and comfortable and top quality material. The biscotti colour is gorgeous, rich and so flattering for an autumn wearer. As the description says it’s “a relaxed fit” but that’s what I like about it. It’s not figure hugging but it is flattering as it has fitted side panels in the pattern. I am a standard 14 and the L was perfect. Only problem for me was the length - far too long which made it look dowdy. So I chopped a good 3 inches off and rehemmed it and it’s beautiful. So much so that I’ve ordered another one in Caper. Both at sale prices - lucky me!
- Ann (11/03/2019)
SIZE: LL COLOUR: BiscottiMy shirt dress in biscotti came this morning and I am utterly delighted with it. The colour is fantastic and goes so well with the chocolate Bella corduroy trousers I bought earlier in the year (another fabulous purchase). The quality is really good and feels substantial. I love the fact that it has long sleeves and the length comes just above my knee. At 5' 9'' I usually find it difficult to find tunics that are long enough. I am a size 16 and very self-conscious about my stomach area. I bought the LL and the fit is perfect. All sins hidden! I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of this dress. I love it so much that I have just ordered another in caper.
- Alison (23/02/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: WatermelonGood quality material, comes up big I think, but good for those over eating days
- Sally (17/02/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: BiscottiVery 'classy'. Good quality dress and medium size perfect for a 5ft 4ins pear -shaped person like me! Half sleeves would have been 'the icing on the cake',Value excellent as I bought in sale.
- Elaine (24/01/2019)
SIZE: Large COLOUR: AzureLove the fit, quality and colour of this dress. Having read the reviews and watched the promotional video I opted for the large which suited my size 14-16. Good value for money in the sale, am considering buying another one in a different colour
- lesley (23/01/2019)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: CaperI am a size 12, 5' 3" tall and bought medium. The dress was perfect on top half but bottom half of dress was enormous - hip measured 42 inches! but as I liked everything else about the dress and have the dressmaking skills I decided to remodel the lower half and now have a perfect dress. Definitely a dress for pear shaped women.
- M (11/01/2019)Love my shirt dress -perfect fit I am size 14 and tall . Bought a large .excellent customer service changed my mind on colour and they sorted it
- Keryn (07/11/2018)
COLOUR: WatermelonLove, love, love this fabulous shirt dress!! I bought the watermelon; which is a stunning color in person - very flattering to Springs. The fabric is terrific; soft, easy to care for - won't have to worry about moth damage.
- Nancy (24/09/2018)
SIZE: Small COLOUR: AzureI thought about buying this dress for a while then received 15% off offer. Took the advice of others and ordered a size down. Perfect fit and love the colour from my Spring range in Azure. Would love this in True Red.
- Deborah Tamlyn (22/09/2018)
SIZE: Medium COLOUR: Smoked GrapeLovely jersey shirt dress in a beautiful smokey grape. Perfect for autumn given the heavier weight fabric and the colour is wonderful for me ( I am a "brown summer"). The size is also perfect - having read the reviews I bought the size smaller. It was great value in the sale
- Joan Pollard (19/09/2018)Stunning colour (watermelon), looked amazing on me (I'm a Spring), but size was far too generous, looked like a giant shapeless nightie. Should have tried a size down. Had to return it. Would recommend people try ordering a size smaller than usual, and if you've got sewing skills, maybe putting a tuck in the waist to improve the shape.
- Katie (03/07/2018)The item was delivered quickly and nicely packaged. Sizing is extremely generous on this dress, I should have returned it for a size down ideally. Excellent quality, made well and good fabric in a heavier weight cotton. I was a bit disappointed with the colour, I thought it more vibrant than the actual colour but you can’t deny it’s watermelon, just an over ripe one!
- Sue (02/07/2018)Lovely Jersey shirt dress. Loved the colour-smokey grape, as well as the cotton fabric. It is rather a heavy weight fabric for high summer/really hot weather; but how many of those sort of days do we have here!? As I live near the coast though, it is usually a tad cooler than most places....so it’s fine. I would have bought another one but there wasn’t another colour I liked.
- Mrs M Kennedy (27/06/2018)Lovely shirt dress in red. Fits well in size 10 for height 5’ 2”. But rather pricey for good quality.
- Stella Anderson (18/06/2018)really great
- shirley bonnick (18/06/2018)I ordered this in the turquoise colour which was lovely , very vibrant so I was disappointed that the shape really did me no favours . I probably should have sized down as my regular size medium was too large in waist and hips and consequently looked frumpy . I also felt that it may have been better as a complete button through. The quality of fabric was good as with all Kettlewell clothing , maybe a tad thick for Summer though .
- Gail (16/06/2018)Really lovely quality dress. I felt it was a little heavy for summer its more spring/Autumn. It's quite a loose fit so consider sizing down. I'm 5ft 4 and found it a little too long which made it look frumpy. I'm a 14 and the large was too big. Was disappointed to return the dress as it is lovely but it's too expensive not to have the right fit.
- B (15/06/2018)I was really excited about this dress. I am a size 12, 5'4" and ordered it in two colours, size medium. The model on the website looks wonderful in hers - slim, young and the dress is just above her knees. On me the dress is huge and much, much too long. I look middle aged and frumpy (I am the former but certainly not the latter). I am wondering whether a size 10 might be better. Anyway, regretfully, they are going back.
- Jane Hainsworth (05/06/2018)A fabulous dress, comfortable to wear and looks smart enough for work. I had so many compliments I ordered another in a different colour, delighted with both.
- Gillian Hodgson (30/05/2018)Lovely dress go down a size has loads of comments. Work out in the evening so classy. I 5ft 10 and length great. I had a size small and I am a size 12. If you are shorter it could be in the long size. Love the sleeves. Expensive though so only got navy.
- Sarah Cleveley (24/05/2018)I bought this dress in small, which fitted lovely on the shoulders, sleeves to long and cuffs too wide. Also the length to long. Quality was good, but disappointed that I had to spend extra for alterations. Would love it you had petite in dresses.
- Julia Bozena Ellwood (23/05/2018)This is a very easy and comfortable dress to wear. I am a size 14 so ordered the large size as I didn’t want anything too fitted but as I am only 5ft I would have preferred it to be an inch or two shorter. Would you ever consider doing a petite range ?p
- Margaret Gethin (18/05/2018)Absolutely love the dress, or should I say dresses as I bought four of them! The fit is perfect for me- I am 5' and a size small. I originally ordered the medium but sent it back which was easy and a replacement arrived within days. I wanted a dress to finish just below my knees as I am wearing them for work.The colours are fantastic and I have received so many compliments. Thank you
- Liz Copping (10/05/2018)This is my first purchase from Kettlewell... and the first time I’ve worn the deep turquoise. I’m 5ft 3 ins and size 16, L fitted perfectly, well sleeves a Bit long but I just rolled them up. Love that you colour code clothes, pushed me to try something different.
- Thelma (02/05/2018)I bought this in Azure and loved it so much, that I've since bought it in navy. While the azure is more casual the navy is smart enough for work. Comfortable & easy to wear. Sizing is accurate.
- Hannah (02/05/2018)Lovely dress - fitted perfectly on my shoulders but too big and a big shapeless around my waist. Would have been great if it was more fitted. Stunning colour. Sadly I had to return it.
- Lucy (01/05/2018)I have bought this lovely shirt dress in deep turquoise. Think i will wear it a lot as fits well and can drrss it up or down. Felt spoilt for choice regarding colours! Thank you.
- roberts (27/04/2018)Just received the cotton shirt dress in the lovely smoked grape colour. I purchased a Medium which fits beautifully on my "top half." Nice fit across my bust and across my shoulders and like the little tuck on the back. Really hoped this would be a winner even though I feel it's expensive for a cotton dress. However, from the waist down it is far, far too big. It has no shape at all and balloons out rather like a tent. It is also far too long for me. So disappointed.
- Sue Lyon (25/04/2018)Lovely colour, fits perfectly. I am normally a 14 but L was exact fit. The quality of the material felt lovely when worn.
- Margaret Lowther (24/04/2018)Bought this in Watermelon as a holiday/beach dress - lovely sunny colour. Haven't worn it yet but fits well ( size 12)
- Brenda (10/04/2018)I got this dress in size XS Navy and it fits perfectly and is absolutely lovely but sadly too long for me as I'm only 5'2 and wanted it to look like the length on the model.
- Hetta (07/04/2018)Love this shirt dress. Being a spring, the azure colour is perfect for me. Flattering shape. Being between a size 10 and 12, I went for the medium, the dress being a looser fit. Thank you to kettlewells for there excellent postage and returns.
- Helen Plewka (07/04/2018)Excellent quality cotton, good and substantial weight dress sits well when worn.
- Sara Z (06/04/2018)I pondered a bit before buying as the dress seemed quite expensive for a basic shirt dress - but I’m glad I went for it. I’m a winter and the navy looks great with the Gigi top in electric lime underneath. I’m 5,3 and a fairly standard size 10 - the fit is comfy without being too loose, and the length is just above my knees. Great for work with tights, or with some trainers when summer eventually comes! I’ve worn and washed it three times in the past two weeks and it seems to improve with washing - no ironing needed, straight out of the tumble dryer. Definitely a good buy considering the price per wear!
- Catrin (05/04/2018)