Privacy and Cookies
Here at Kettlewell, we take your privacy and security seriously. We only use your data so we can provide you with the best possible customer experience when shopping with us or browsing our website. We make sure all your information is secure and we only use it with your permission.
How we use your information.
We use your information in different ways. The tables below show the information we use, what we do and why we do it.
Your name and contact details
|How we use your name and contact details||Why?|
|To deliver your purchases to you.||Royal mail need to know where to deliver your parcels|
|To send you service emails||So we can confirm your order has been received and to tell you when your order is on its way.|
|To send you news of new products and offers|
by email and by post.
|To keep you up to date and informed. We only send these with your permission.|
|In fraud detection and prevention||To protect you and Kettlewell from fraud.|
|To show you Kettlewell products as you browse Facebook||So you can see our latest ranges and we can keep you up to date with offers and sale previews.|
|To find out what you and other customers like||To make sure we are giving you what you want each season.|
Your payment information
Don't worry, this is stored securely and we don't keep it.
|How we use your payment information||Why?|
|To take payments and to issue refunds||We've got to do this so you can pay for the goods you buy and so we can refund you for the items you return to us.|
|Fraud prevention and detection||To protect you and Kettlewell|
Your purchase history and saved items in your basket
This is a record of everything you have bought from us and items you have placed in your basket.
|How we use your purchase history and saved items||Why?|
|So we can sell you the things you like||If you can't put things in your basket, you can't buy them!|
|To provide customer service and support and to handle returns||To enable us to provide an efficient customer service experience|
|To find out what our customers like||To make sure we are giving you what you want|
Information about your phone, tablet or computer
This is information you give us when you browse our site and includes your IP address and device type. It may also include your location data (if your settings allow this) as well as how you use our website.
|How we use information about your device type and |
how you use our website
|To improve our website and to set default options for you||To ensure you have the best possible shopping experience|
|To protect our website||Essential to prevent and detect fraud against either you or Kettlewell. This is also essential to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.|
Your responses to competitions and our quiz
We occasionally run competitions on our website or social media and we have a Colour Quiz on the website.
|How we use your responses to our competitions and quiz||Why?|
|To run the competition or quiz effectively||If we don't know your email address, we can't let you know if you have won a competition or send you your quiz results. You can choose if we can use your |
email address to send you Kettlewell news, sale previews and offers.
You don't have to give us any of this information, it's entirely up to you but if you don't, you may not be able to buy from the website and you are unlikely to receive our best customer experience.
We also use personal information which has been anonymised and aggregated (so that it doesn't identify you) for various purposes including testing our IT systems, data analysis, improving the website and to help us develop new products and services.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will never, sell any of your personal data to any third party. Your personal data includes your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want you to be able to trust us, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order for you to do that.
However, we do share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers and delivery companies such as Royal Mail
- Professional service providers such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, and website hosts who help us to run our business>
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us) and PayPal where you choose to use their payment service
- We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
- Epsilon Abacus may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission.
- We work with Sub2 Technologies Limited ("Sub2"), a company which acts as our data processor in order to maximise website user engagement. We share with Sub2 (or Sub2 accesses directly from your website use) information about you and how you use our website, including any information that you provide to us. This information is then used for the purposes of providing you with marketing which is more relevant to you and your interests.
If you have given us permission, we’ll send you marketing messages by email to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer, so that you have exclusive access to our best deals. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible.
How to stop marketing messages from Kettlewell
If you don't want to receive marketing messages from us, you can stop receiving them at any time.
You can do this:
- Through the settings in 'My Account' on the website
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in an email
- By contacting our Customer Care team by email or telephoning 01460 279800
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
If you unsubscribe from marketing message emails you will still receive service communications such as order confirmations, dispatch confirmations etc.
Seeing ads for Kettlewell Colours online
We engage in online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target Kettlewell ads to you when you are on other websites such as Facebook or Instagram. We do this using a range of advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by these social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of the Kettlewell website (for example, your search history, and the content you read on the Kettlewell website) or on Kettlewell ads you have previously clicked on.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold your information securely for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide our services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
We may also keep hold of some of your information, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you, if it is required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
You have many rights relating to the personal information we hold for you.
- The right to be informed about how we use your personal information
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of any personal information we hold about you which is inaccurate (although you can probably do most of this through your account).
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances. Note: It is better to unsubscribe from marketing rather than request deletion to ensure you are not contacted by us again.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through your account pages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise any of these rights or have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01460 279800.
Or if you prefer, you can write to us at:
Kettlewell Colours Limited
Unit A, Goldenwood Park
Cricket St. Thomas